Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 21, 2012 @ 01:34 PM
1973 tha Kami

A lot of y'all already know who I am and I doubt it comes as some what of a surprise for me to admit that I have a spending problem. Over the past 3yrs, I've spent a huge lump sum on high end designer clothes and its getting to a point that I'm literally running out of space to store them. Now I ask myself, "How often do I even wear that Prada T shirt which I bought 2yrs ago?" Answer is not even once.

I think some of y'all might've had similar thoughts in the past in regards to your jawns situation. Ever thought about how much money you could've saved? That pair of kanyes could've paid for several credits for your undergraduate course or in my situation, could've bought a new car/down-payment for a house.

Some people have different reasons to kawp but the question is when will it ever be enough? Some people purchase the latest trends to complete a form of self-realization. Some people buy because they are interested in fashion and a lot of retards on this site kawp to impress girls; I know you're out there you dim witted faggots, the streets is watching your acts of simpdom.

I know a lot of y'all buy and sell online as an effort to recover the funds you've originally spent into purchasing but I honestly think this is just a vicious cycle to feed the addiction. You could make more money as a bag-boy at Costco if you're really out to profit. I'm perfectly financially capable of supporting myself while continuously kawping more gear but that isn't the issue here. Its only when I look back at all the crap I've bought when I think to myself, dayum I didn't need this.

Now for the question of this thread, how do y'all curb this addiction? Serious discussions only you trolling fuckboys.
August 21, 2012 @ 01:37 PM
1973 tha Kami

Saved for updates.
August 21, 2012 @ 02:28 PM
jmac100394

. Over the past 3yrs, I can safely say that I've practically spent over 30k on high end designer clothes .

Is OP JohnLamone?
August 21, 2012 @ 02:31 PM
REVS

If you have 30k to drop on clothing I say more power to you. But if you don't, just put limits on your credit card. Call up your bank, set up another accout with some cash you put away for cwouaping clothes. It just takes a little self control and will power. And the big picture is.........it's just clothes man.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

August 21, 2012 @ 02:50 PM
1973 tha Kami

Yea i have the financial capabilities to drop on jawns, but lookin back.. its just fabric.... Instead of kawpin diors, should've kawped cheap mondays to just beat around in.
August 21, 2012 @ 03:36 PM
craigsagersuit

I'm 1974 tha Kami and I am a Shopaholic

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

August 21, 2012 @ 04:08 PM
adoboFosho

A lot of y'all already know who I am and I doubt it comes as some what of a surprise for me to admit that I have a spending problem. Over the past 3yrs, I've spent a huge lump sum on high end designer clothes and its getting to a point that I'm literally running out of space to store them. Now I ask myself, "How often do I even wear that Prada T shirt which I bought 2yrs ago?" Answer is not even once.

I think some of y'all might've had similar thoughts in the past in regards to your jawns situation. Ever thought about how much money you could've saved? That pair of kanyes could've paid for several credits for your undergraduate course or in my situation, could've bought a new car/down-payment for a house.

Some people have different reasons to kawp but the question is when will it ever be enough? Some people purchase the latest trends to complete a form of self-realization. Some people buy because they are interested in fashion and a lot of retards on this site kawp to impress girls; I know you're out there you dim witted faggots, the streets is watching your acts of simpdom.

I know a lot of y'all buy and sell online as an effort to recover the funds you've originally spent into purchasing but I honestly think this is just a vicious cycle to feed the addiction. You could make more money as a bag-boy at Costco if you're really out to profit.

Now for the question of this thread, how do y'all curb this addiction? Serious discussions only you trolling fuckboys.

pair of yeezy 2s were $245 + tax + shipping if needed and were only bought to flip anyway just like supreme sbs

how is that a new car or downpayment in fact people make $$ off that by reselling cool

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

August 21, 2012 @ 04:09 PM
1973 tha Kami

I actually dont know how much yeezys are, I just thought they were stupid expensive like several grands nd shit.,
August 21, 2012 @ 04:44 PM
iggy-koopa

thats if you were able to cop at retail; reseller prices on yeezys are crazy like you suspected
August 21, 2012 @ 05:09 PM
adoboFosho

the trick is

if you cant buy at retail during release

don't buy at all?

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

August 21, 2012 @ 05:17 PM
johnathan

lol shin i feel u bro... this one goes out to u

free max b 2013

August 21, 2012 @ 05:29 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

i feel you B i think i have a shopping problems as well i spend too much on clothing, i rather spend it on books, software and save up for cameras. The most effective thing i have found that works is getting a second debit card and if you have a job tell them to put at least $50 (or more if you want) into that second account card for each check you get. Then get someone you truly trust (i suggest family) to choose a pin number for you with out you knowing it. At the end of each month (or longer) you can see how much money you have saved up in that account then have that person change the pin again so you wont be tempted to cash out after you took out money you needed. its almost like a more effective savings account. Keep it for things your need not want and you'll be better off.

:)

August 21, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
slap

Hi everybody. I'm Slap. And I'm addicted to Hypebeast.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

August 21, 2012 @ 06:21 PM
wehatelondon

suspended

get a budget and apply it

instagram-wehatelondon youtube-nicholasmcfly2800

August 21, 2012 @ 06:34 PM
that dude

suspended

answer is quite simple, grow up.
August 21, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
j3rm

The way i see it people have different priorities. We're institutionalized to think that the natural ebb of life should run parallel to everyone else. Often I hear people question the scrupulous spending of others. "Why do you have 30 pairs of jordans and ride the bus?" It's as if they can't fathom the idea of someones ambitions and goals being different from their own.

Now i will say to make sure their is a level of sustainability with what you're doing. If you're kawwping gucci on sale and can't pay your rent, then you're doing it wrong. Make sure your needs are covered before you pursue your wants.
August 21, 2012 @ 06:39 PM
Third Eye Jedi

I've owed about 1k in credit card bills for about 3yrs straight.
Instead of paying that shit off when tax time arrives, I kawp some moar
preme,vans or bmx stuff. It's a vicious cycle mayne.
August 21, 2012 @ 07:04 PM
Moises Arias

i do. Im giving myself a late new years resolution. Im only going to buy 1 item from supreme f/w and buy another piece of clothing im looking for. After that im only spending money on art supplies. Need to focus on scholarship money

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

August 21, 2012 @ 07:10 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

i do. Im giving myself a late new years resolution. Im only going to buy 1 item from supreme f/w and buy another piece of clothing im looking for. After that im only spending money on art supplies. Need to focus on scholarship money

1 thing from preme...shits not gonna work. Come up with something more realistic.

:)

August 21, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
omfgruben

just look through that preview or whatever and mark down only the essentials. did it myself, duck & dog hat and hoodie.

omfgruben is back. HB 2012 Rookie of the year. (Buddy Omar Approved)

August 21, 2012 @ 07:17 PM
Moises Arias

1 thing from preme...shits not gonna work. Come up with something more realistic.

it should work, I only brought 2 things last season. And i get out of school 30 mins after supreme updates its store anyway so everything thats good will probably be sold out by the time i get home

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

August 21, 2012 @ 08:15 PM

Inactive

it should work, I only brought 2 things last season. And i get out of school 30 mins after supreme updates its store anyway so everything thats good will probably be sold out by the time i get home

dats why u cop from ur phone bruh.

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ USE REPCODE "TRY20" TO GET 20% OFF KARMALOOP, PLNDR, AND BRICKHARBOR

August 21, 2012 @ 08:21 PM
1973 tha Kami

life is especially tough when you're a university student so i feel y'all on dat. but dats not my point. i'm not tellin yall to save money. im tellin yall to invest into somethin more tangible for the long run. while not caring about jawns dat much.
August 21, 2012 @ 08:24 PM
1973 tha Kami

i see the lack of trolling due to the seriousness of this topic lol
August 21, 2012 @ 08:44 PM
BuddyOmar

Addiction is a tough thing. I used to be like that with clothes but tbh, gambling sort of eclipsed that. With any addiction, the most important thing is just to stop it cold turkey and find something else to spend your time and money on. I say you should make a spending budget, or better yet, write down a goal or something you wanna save up for or pay towards. If you have any money leftover, reward yourself with a shirt or pair of shoes or whatever. I still have trouble with curbing betting/gambling and shit, because any addiction is very powerful, but you have to make sure you control the addiction and not the other way around.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

August 21, 2012 @ 09:17 PM
Visvimpapi

Who gives a fuck nigga
Do what makes you happy fuck everybody else

brvndon.tumblr.com

August 21, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
1973 tha Kami

Addiction is a tough thing. I used to be like that with clothes but tbh, gambling sort of eclipsed that. With any addiction, the most important thing is just to stop it cold turkey and find something else to spend your time and money on. I say you should make a spending budget, or better yet, write down a goal or something you wanna save up for or pay towards. If you have any money leftover, reward yourself with a shirt or pair of shoes or whatever. I still have trouble with curbing betting/gambling and shit, because any addiction is very powerful, but you have to make sure you control the addiction and not the other way around.

When this dude said eclipsed with gambling... i died
August 21, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
johnathan

everyone on hb is addicted to clothes just the taste varies.

free max b 2013

August 21, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
Axraexl

I used to be addicted buying Bape shirts with the Baby Milo design, idk, it was probably the fact that they had him doing everything imaginable and I wanted them all, it was like my version of Hello Kitty. That shit was an addiction.
Oh shit, is that Milo playing Basketball? I love Basketball. I need to cop that, Oh shit, is that Milo, eating a plate of sushi? I love sushi. Let me cawp dat. Is that Milo playing guitar? I play guitar. Im kawpn dat. Oh shit, Is that Milo posing right next to Spongebob? I love Spongebob. Is that Mario I see too? Im cawpin dat. 2 of em.I even went as far as creating my own collab designs.
So before I knew it I was just a broke nigga with nothing but Bape Ts. It was funny though, cuz I always wore those tee's to school and I became known for it.

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

August 21, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
BuddyOmar

When this dude said eclipsed with gambling... i died

smfh at niggas hating on my post. They shoulda never gave yall niggas temptation.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

Please login first to reply.