Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 13, 2012 @ 12:17 AM
christopher.

4th dimension - and also other dimensions - explained simply, yet still really interesting
August 13, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
99%Shit

"The wired might actually be thought of as a highly advanced upper layer of the real world. In other words, physical reality is nothing but an illusion, a hologram of the information that flows to us through the wired. This is because the body, physical motion, the activity of the human brain is merely a physical phenomenon, simply caused by synapses delivering electrical impulses. The physical body exists at a less evolved plane only to verify one's existence in the universe."

Once we replicate the brain, we've beaten brain death. Immortality. Everyone that has died before 'the singularity', is just straight up dead. Those that 'die' afterwards may possibly live for ever in a robot/cyborg host, or 'bodyless' within cyberspace itself.

"Life perpetuates itself through diversity, and this includes the ability to sacrifice itself when necessary. Cells repeat the process of degeneration and regeneration until one day they die, obliterating an entire set of memory and information. Only genes remain. Why continually repeat this cycle? Simply to survive by avoiding the weaknesses of an unchanging system."

Physical reality is so 2001. We are software.

narsha.narsha.narsha

December 5, 2013 @ 06:03 AM
Belak

Figured I'd bump this thread up as I'm taking a class (its called Consciousness Studies) on this subject, and I just finished up a unit on Near Death Experiences  and if anyone is interested in the topic I highly recommend this reading by the Cardiologist Pim Van Lommel: http://www.pimvanlommel.nl/files/publicaties/Near-Death%20Experience_Consciousness%20and%20the%20Brain.pdf

This research is pretty incredible, he looks at a total of 344 survivors of cardiac arrest. One of the most powerful points he makes is where he annihilates the claim that near death experiences (out of body experiences, life reviews, holistic light, etc.) are "hallucinations." He shows proof in many clinical deaths that brain stem activity is completely shut off and all electrical activity is completely depleted in the brain, which really empowers the possibility that our consciousness really does live on after death and that the mind and brain are separate. 
December 5, 2013 @ 06:31 AM
Ruthless

I'm just Tryna live long enough to see the technology where my brain can be implanted into a computer or some shit

Let me see those downvotes

December 5, 2013 @ 07:56 AM
chief

I imagine being dead would be quite similar to being blacked out drunk

•••

December 5, 2013 @ 11:24 AM
nat turner

4th dimension - and also other dimensions - explained simply, yet still really interesting

this lil nigga smart.

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

December 5, 2013 @ 03:13 PM
Olive C

We are not "who" we have been conditioned to believe we are. Our true consciousness is merely the witness of this human form who has been taught that his name is this, he likes such and such sports team, he comes from a certain place and he will defend it to the death, he likes or hates certain foods, clothes, music, etc. But that is not really "who" you really are. Your true conscious light energy (what we might refer to as our soul) will go back into the grand matrix of the all-connected universe when your physical body dies. The state we are in now is like a dream of clouded consciousness, full of total bullshit like fashion forums, and when we die we "Wake up". Many people who have near death expériences begin to understand this, and their priorities change drastically after "coming back." This is a thick topic. I encourage anyone to Watch youtube videos of Adi Da Samraj on death or "the test of human existance."
December 5, 2013 @ 03:35 PM
Glo'bito

just like in a movie

“those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum.”

December 5, 2013 @ 09:13 PM
mrh

Im still convinced near death experiences are just a natural flow of dmt in the brain. Smoking it ive had the same "profound discoveries" and find that same new perception of the world
December 5, 2013 @ 11:27 PM
$$$$$

Energy can neither be destroyed or created. Why the universe is infinite and why I personally believe in reincarnation. That life energy goes somewhere else. Maybe we turn into a star or planet when we die. 
December 6, 2013 @ 01:00 AM
jjapplesauce

Energy can neither be destroyed or created. Why the universe is infinite and why I personally believe in reincarnation. That life energy goes somewhere else. Maybe we turn into a star or planet when we die. 
I took a class on Native American tribes (for a history elective) and we touched on some of there beliefs in reincarnation.  Doesnt really go along with science and what the original thread was about but still some interesting stuff.  Really they believe that the soul leaves the body and I guess are reborn again....which can be in human or animal/insect form.  Pretty trippy stuff.  Honestly one of the most interesting classes ive taken in college. Professor was a cool ass guy.
December 6, 2013 @ 06:03 AM
SeanHowellArt

There is a saying that says if you live good then you will die good. There is another saying goes something like if you don't concentrate on impossible goals then you can free yourself up for wonderful things in life. Everyone will die. No one knows anything about death so don't waste your time. Happy comes by having control and power over your life. This control and power over life comes by having knowledge. So learn to make a proper google search and learn how to decipher information. 
December 6, 2013 @ 10:15 PM
damnwitless1

If there is any explanation for what happens after we die it seems pretty obvious that information is just inherently outside the limits of human comprehension. With that being said tho I find it consistently amusing the things people will delude themselves into believing simply for the sake of rejecting the possibility (and frankly the likelihood) that you just shut down like a fucking computer and its over. Enjoy your life fellas nothing past that is certain.

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

December 6, 2013 @ 10:18 PM
Ruthless

If there is any explanation for what happens after we die it seems pretty obvious that information is just inherently outside the limits of human comprehension. With that being said tho I find it consistently amusing the things people will delude themselves into believing simply for the sake of rejecting the possibility (and frankly the likelihood) that you just shut down like a fucking computer and its over. Enjoy your life fellas nothing past that is certain.
That's what I'm saying

real talk I've accepted that life isn't forever & in the grand scheme of things our life is just a speck in the timeline of time itself.. 

So if I go out & ain't shit waiting for me.. I won't be surprised.. Actually I won't be anything since I won't be able to think anymore

Let me see those downvotes

December 7, 2013 @ 12:40 AM
paulywalnuts

i feel that you have to be more objective than some suggestions in this thread.  your consciousness, as explained earlier, is simply electricity in your brain.  neurons communicating by sending pulses through their network. when you die, no more electricity, no more translating inputs from surrounding into thoughts or feelings.  a void.  

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum

December 7, 2013 @ 01:18 AM
malik58

suspended

Is there a spark inside of us that lives on beyond our physical selves?

When a human dies, 20 grams+ of matter instantly disappears from the body.

have they ever tested this? 

snapchat ;) malikk58 send me dirty pics :hah: :seanshrug:

December 7, 2013 @ 01:35 AM
obakeissick

Figured I'd bump this thread up as I'm taking a class (its called Consciousness Studies) on this subject, and I just finished up a unit on Near Death Experiences  and if anyone is interested in the topic I highly recommend this reading by the Cardiologist Pim Van Lommel: http://www.pimvanlommel.nl/files/publicaties/Near-Death%20Experience_Consciousness%20and%20the%20Brain.pdf

This research is pretty incredible, he looks at a total of 344 survivors of cardiac arrest. One of the most powerful points he makes is where he annihilates the claim that near death experiences (out of body experiences, life reviews, holistic light, etc.) are "hallucinations." He shows proof in many clinical deaths that brain stem activity is completely shut off and all electrical activity is completely depleted in the brain, which really empowers the possibility that our consciousness really does live on after death and that the mind and brain are separate. 
read the whole thing. had me like

haileybardwick.tumblr.com

December 7, 2013 @ 03:04 AM
Belak

Im still convinced near death experiences are just a natural flow of dmt in the brain. Smoking it ive had the same "profound discoveries" and find that same new perception of the world
What about NDE's that go further than the 10 minutes into complete anoxia within the brain? Your not going to be having a natural flow of dmt in the brain therefore you cannot possibly be hallucinating. 

Please login first to reply.