Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 9, 2012 @ 03:13 AM
RAREakuma

Deck out in the 'preme, it's proven to decrease social awkwardness by at least 30%. Why do you think the pinoys flock every thursday?

Skinny as a fuck, still eatin' the food. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/177620/

August 9, 2012 @ 03:30 AM
.AG23.

damn son this is some serious shit. One of my best friends actually had these same symptons and was diagnosed with herb syndrome.
August 9, 2012 @ 06:27 AM
unoedoe

Working should definitely help as long as its customer service. you'll come to realize as long as you're nice yet authoritative people either will respect you or just not give a shit. Pretty soon people will be just that-people. Working at a busy restaurant has been one of the best things for me.

I'll take an adderall if i know ima trip in a social situation and it helps a bunch. Sure its a crutch (just like alcohol) but as long as u take it responsibly and in moderation its better than being nervous/not having fun.
August 9, 2012 @ 09:44 AM
AmericanLegend

I have this too, like i'm crazy as fuck cracking jokes and shit doing dumb stuff when I'm with my close group of 3-5 friends but when I talk to someone/people I don't really know I tend to just laugh and nod. I hate it I realize I'm doing it and try to think of being like funny and talkative like usual but my mind just goes blank and I just seem quiet and awkward.

taste the glamour

August 9, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

Inactive

Acid. Free your soul.
August 9, 2012 @ 11:52 AM
Legit Shit

Wasn't gonna post till you said acid. I've always been an introvert but tbh I think the acid made me more self conscious, so in turn I'm even more in my head. No drugs help really so work it out naturally. Like someone said if you want to get over it, slowly push yourself to chase that nervous feeling. Some situations are awkward for me, but I developed the dgaf syndrome long ago so I still put myself out there and whatever happens, happens

upthefunk

August 9, 2012 @ 12:19 PM
Millenion LTD

you need ecstasy and a group of young horny bitches
August 9, 2012 @ 03:37 PM
justinslayer

you need ecstasy and a group of young horny bitches

How exactly does ecstasy work ?
I've always wanted to try it .
August 9, 2012 @ 04:20 PM
Svthewha

Ive noticed when I hang with certain friends one on one, i'll get anxious as hell in the car. Not when chillin, smokin, anything else...just the car. I have no idea what causes it, cause i'm really the most down to earth kind of dude...but telling yourself that nothings actually wrong at all, sometimes isn't enough to stop it. The only thing to really make it go away is complete change or atmospehere (going home and laying down is what it takes usually....pussy but real)

A kid I know killed himself over xanax withdrawls, so say no to that shit. or any benzo for that matter.
August 9, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
NoStress

edit: nvm

burr

August 9, 2012 @ 08:09 PM
Pantic

I suffered hard from your type of social anxiety back when i was around 16. I wasn't fucking bitches, i was bad at sports and when i had to do them i would "pretend" to be even worse than i was and not even try because i felt it was less embarassing than failing in front of people if i was trying. Avoided parties since i always ended up standing around not doing much and especially not talking to the girls. I would be afraid of even hitting a chick up on facebook, cause i was like "nah she probably don't wanna talk to me why bother" and on really bad days i could do bitch shit like walk down a different street than i was sposed to just to avoid walking past a group of people cause i thought they would talk shit about me after i walked past.

But i got to a point where i could not handle it anymore, and knew i had to do something about it, so i thought alot about what the cause was and the real reason was insecurity, i just didn't feel i was good enough and this was especially because i was very skinny. So i just started doing everything that would make me feel better about myself, put on alot of weight over a couple of years, went out and worked hard on crossing the line for things that my mind told me i shouldn't. I started approaching girls, even when my mind screamed at me not to do it, i forced myself time after time and even if it was awkward as fuck it got better every time. I also forced myself to get better at sports, and give my all even if my mind told me the others would laugh at me when i missed a pass or whatever.

I still have abit of it now, just a small voice at the back of my head though and i function pretty perfectly in all kind of social situations now. The key things is to really force yourself to cross your boundaries when you are in the situations, and take good care of yourself when you are alone. Work out, eat healthy, do things you enjoy even by yourself, you just need to be comfortable with yourself and do anything to achieve that.
August 9, 2012 @ 08:46 PM
frizurd

I suffered hard from your type of social anxiety back when i was around 16. I wasn't fucking bitches, i was bad at sports and when i had to do them i would "pretend" to be even worse than i was and not even try because i felt it was less embarassing than failing in front of people if i was trying. Avoided parties since i always ended up standing around not doing much and especially not talking to the girls. I would be afraid of even hitting a chick up on facebook, cause i was like "nah she probably don't wanna talk to me why bother" and on really bad days i could do bitch shit like walk down a different street than i was sposed to just to avoid walking past a group of people cause i thought they would talk shit about me after i walked past.

But i got to a point where i could not handle it anymore, and knew i had to do something about it, so i thought alot about what the cause was and the real reason was insecurity, i just didn't feel i was good enough and this was especially because i was very skinny. So i just started doing everything that would make me feel better about myself, put on alot of weight over a couple of years, went out and worked hard on crossing the line for things that my mind told me i shouldn't. I started approaching girls, even when my mind screamed at me not to do it, i forced myself time after time and even if it was awkward as fuck it got better every time. I also forced myself to get better at sports, and give my all even if my mind told me the others would laugh at me when i missed a pass or whatever.

I still have abit of it now, just a small voice at the back of my head though and i function pretty perfectly in all kind of social situations now. The key things is to really force yourself to cross your boundaries when you are in the situations, and take good care of yourself when you are alone. Work out, eat healthy, do things you enjoy even by yourself, you just need to be comfortable with yourself and do anything to achieve that.

dedication
inspiring story
happy for you bro

http://thatfix.com/ -- Your daily hip-hop & electronic music fix.

August 9, 2012 @ 09:50 PM
RAREakuma

Sounds like me except

16 -> 15
and no weight put on. SKINNY AS A FUCK, STILL EATIN' THE FOOD.

Real talk, everybody has their time, yours will come too OP.

Skinny as a fuck, still eatin' the food. http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/177620/

August 9, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
Official

I used to. 2yrs ago, I was super depressed. Had anxiety and was insecure. I'm on my top game now though.
used to think everybody was talking about me, all that beta bs

Same story here, if anything weed helps me...

@TheAlmighty3rd #MM6

August 9, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
RenAi beast

LOLOLOLOLOL

How did the cereal monkey get so popular?

www.DOUBLEDONUTS.com www.DOUBLEDONUTS.tumblr.com

August 9, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
vapor90

I used to. 2yrs ago, I was super depressed. Had anxiety and was insecure. I'm on my top game now though.
used to think everybody was talking about me, all that beta bs

Dude, you were like 10 two years ago
August 12, 2012 @ 09:22 PM
aalexander

I know exactly how this shit feel b. Its the worst feeling because you really want that shit to go away and seeing this thread I can see people know this shit is serious but don't let it take charge of your life because it will eventually go away, it did with me (but I usually still feel it at times). Just think about like this, the number one fear in America is public speaking(more than death) so if you just have it down a little more than everyone else how much more value are you than everyone else. I heard this when I was back in High School, not too long ago, we were doing Toast Masters in our class and just by practicing and getting use to people being around you and hearing you this shit will go away.
August 12, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
totalespionage

Damn, reading this shit opens a lot of scars that have not really healed. I too was (and still am) skinny/lanky as fuck with the exact same thoughts. Me I didn't change anything, I just lived my life as it is and remained humble. I had SA since I was a kid and being an only child living with a single parent makes you kind of a loner. It was hard making friends especially when I changed schools. I had a few close friends but the only way I was known was because my step-brother was very popular. I never had good grades either throughout school. I was always in summer school and I even had to attend night school which meant I had to stay at school an extra two hours after everyone else left. Once I graduated (on time of course) I thought everything would be better but no, it got worse...a lot worse. I was forced to go to college even though I knew I wasn't college material and SA made it worse. At first I would go to class but the walk would be so painful because of all the people looking at me. It would get so bad that some times I would feel nauseous. It got to the point where I wouldn't even go to class anymore and eventually dropped out. Through a friend of my dads I got a good job as a Radiologist assistant which paid 16.50 an hour (I was 18 at the time). Worked there for about that year. I learned a lot about myself during that year because I had to put myself in situations I know that would make me uncomfortable like riding public transportation because that was my only way to get to work at the time. Also I retained a lot of knowledge from the different Radiologist I worked with and I lot of times their stories were like mine. They had to do things that were akward to get to where they are in life and it paid off. I left that job to go back to school at a community college. I made sure to go to a community college in NOVA because I did not want to see the same people I went to HS with. During that time I really just started to not care about shit anymore and focus on school. I excelled in my classes and landed an internship and during the six months I saw a change in my life. A lot of people who I thought were my friends showed their true colors so, I said fuck them and kept it moving. That's when I became close with my family (step-brother, cousins) and started chilling with them. That's when I started to go out to social events like bars, clubs (which are lame IMHO), parties, and all other types of stuff. I have been smoking since I was 14 but it was always by myself. But once I started hanging out with my fam I soon found out that they smoked weed too. Shit started to fall in place and to make things even sweeter I landed a gig at the place I was interning at. Now I have a great job, a nice car (G35 coupe), and I'm about to get my own place...oh and all of this was accomplished at the age of 21. So it goes to show you OP, you are. Of alone with this one. My dad even tried to make me see a psychiatrist but after the first session I was like fuck this shit. I still am very insecure and at times find it hard still to interact at social events, but I make sure my niggas go with me so it's not that bad. Just live your life man and don't give a fuck even when your SA starts to kick in (fading vision, nausea, rapid heartbeat, man all of that shit). Take it from me a lot of people who were talking shit back in the day will be the same niggas trying to dap you and ask you to chill with them, and guess what I tell them? No I didn't fuck with you before so I don't fuck with you now( how they take it is on them), and the hoes who played you and made sure to do it loudly so everyone can see you getting rejected...I swear those are the same bitches who are bouncing on your dick at three in the mourning...with their kid sleeping on the floor next to the bed with nothing but a blanket and a couch cushion. It's funny how karma works.
August 12, 2012 @ 10:45 PM
Jay_Bird

i only have social anxiety when i enter a huge city i havent been too

its more of an high though,and once i been there again i never have the anxiety again
August 12, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

Inactive

I find that it helps to keep reminding yourself that there are millions of people with anxiety like like yourself, sometimes worse. I know when first day of classes start I like to be the first in the door and the last to leave. I especially hate when instructors make you do those stupid student introductions where you have to speak in front of the class. I always end up getting super freaked out and leaving the class before my turn is up.
August 12, 2012 @ 11:49 PM
plutos

get some confidence
August 13, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
lstnthz

I can relate to most of you guys on here. I think what triggered my social anxiety was smoking weed when I used to do it a few years ago. I liked it at first but eventually I spent too much time in my own head when I was in public which forced me to be extremely self-conscious. I suck at starting conversations or keeping them going, but I'm working on that. I'm comfortable around people I know well. Someone said earlier that they get paranoid that people talk about them behind their back, and that's the same with me.

Also, drugs don't help you get over things like this. If anything, pills and hallucinogens make it worse.
August 13, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
overdrive

I can relate to most of you guys on here. I think what triggered my social anxiety was smoking weed when I used to do it a few years ago. I liked it at first but eventually I spent too much time in my own head when I was in public which forced me to be extremely self-conscious. I suck at starting conversations or keeping them going, but I'm working on that. I'm comfortable around people I know well. Someone said earlier that they get paranoid that people talk about them behind their back, and that's the same with me.

Also, drugs don't help you get over things like this. If anything, pills and hallucinogens make it worse.

This.

**If you are using to overcome a social insecurity, then you are doing the wrong drug**
August 13, 2012 @ 04:10 PM
paramyxovirus

drugs.. get some fluoxetine.
August 14, 2012 @ 05:53 AM
lstnthz

drugs.. get some fluoxetine.

What's that do?
August 14, 2012 @ 05:54 AM
omfgruben

This.

**If you are using to overcome a social insecurity, then you are doing the wrong drug**

Zamn, got me thinking. I can definitely relate to that.. just never thought about it.

omfgruben is back. HB 2012 Rookie of the year. (Buddy Omar Approved)

August 14, 2012 @ 09:37 AM

Inactive

You just need to evolve into society as a human being. You don't go from being a baby comin out of your mammas coochie to being someone who got everything going for them with no experience at all.. Stuff takes days, months, years, or lifetimes for people. it just varies on who it is. You'll get yours if you go for it.

and i didnt read anything except the title in this thread
August 14, 2012 @ 01:51 PM
oneallah

im madd awkward in social crowds and shit so i try to zone myself out
August 14, 2012 @ 02:22 PM
omfgruben

im madd awkward in social crowds and shit so i try to zone myself out

i hella awkard like if i go somewhere very populated where i dont know anyone and the person i went with leaves for some reason and im alone.

omfgruben is back. HB 2012 Rookie of the year. (Buddy Omar Approved)

August 14, 2012 @ 03:38 PM
kayvin

Social anxiety is an illusion. Like you can tell yourself you're awkward, you can tell yourself you aren't. We humans just tend to be self destructive

Please login first to reply.