August 8, 2012 @ 04:55 AM
uEih

Each side has their point and i have always used PC but ever since getting laptops every laptop i have gotten seems to be poorly built, especially HPs. Getting a new laptop this year and need to get something durable and i'm feeling a mac this time around for their durability and customer support if anything happens. I'm tired of laptops breaking after their 2 year warranty is up, it feels like they make it just to last up to 2 years. So i do agree with both sides but gotta say mac is doing it right on some parts, even though it's overpriced and expensive
August 8, 2012 @ 05:07 AM
BopIt

mac if you want to get through college without computer problems

Why is it that Mac owners usually bring up that you should own a Mac because you don't get viruses. That's like their only argument against getting a Windows based OS. If you're not some elderly person who knows nothing about computers, you should be fine keeping computer problems away. Just get an anti-virus software, like Malwarebytes, and you're basically good to go. Only people that fuck up laptops are incompetent ones that leave their shit on overnight, on their bed somewhere, with no way of cooling it, etc. If you're just using it for schoolwork, there are tons of laptops that are >$1000. Also, since it's almost time for freshman to move in, such as yourself, there are deals on certain laptops that include a free Xbox 360 or a PS3. I saw a pretty decent Sony Vaio for like ~700-800 plus a free 360. It was on the Microsoft site, I believe. My sister owned a Sony Vaio for basically 5 years and it still runs, the technology is outdated, so she bought another Vaio just recently, but her old laptop still runs. I also have a Sony Vaio bought in 09, and it's been running fine.
August 8, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

you can get like $100 off of a mac or possibly any laptop at best buy with student I.D. Just ask if they do that tho.

But I'd get what ever you can afford.
August 8, 2012 @ 08:15 AM
frogprince

so with all this being said, you can buy any laptop and it'll work fine. anyone interested in a 2011 macbook pro 13 inch? lol
August 8, 2012 @ 08:25 AM
Zeeks

just get a fucking smartbook you don't need a piece of shit MAC, all the people refering to Mac are dumb as fuck.
Bought into the hype of a piece of shit mediocre overpriced laptop. If you still getting viruses on your PC just stop using computers in general.
August 8, 2012 @ 09:01 AM
Trespace

just get a fucking smartbook you don't need a piece of shit MAC, all the people refering to Mac are dumb as fuck.
Bought into the hype of a piece of shit mediocre overpriced laptop. If you still getting viruses on your PC just stop using computers in general.

Oh he mad
August 8, 2012 @ 12:54 PM
99%Shit

Man, was I ever salty last night. Macs look nice on the outside, so if you like aesthetics, buy it. However other companies are offering pretty laptops now. You can run any of the OSes on any laptop, so really down to what you want to pay for. I still think Apple is anti-progress.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 8, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
egoflexin

I've been using a 13" MBP for school since 2009 and haven't had any problems and it still runs great. But yeah pretty much what 99%Shit said is spot on. All about how much you want to spend.
July 4, 2013 @ 09:18 AM
KiddCoast

MAC BOOK DAWG

Twitter: @KiddCoast

July 4, 2013 @ 12:39 PM
kernzn

a nice alian ware monster gaming laptop for like 3000$ because you will need that grafics for paint!
July 4, 2013 @ 01:41 PM
Gilly Suits

All depends what you like to do and studies. I'll break it down:

Less comp exp/avg schoolwork/low to mid task (ps illustrator music programs)= MacBook Pro Nonretina or Lenovo specifically T series or ultra book however worse specs on them and can't update ram or even hds at some

More exp/CAD type work/video work = Workstation laptop w530 is amazing tricked out runs cool as shit or MacBook Pro Retina 15"

Gamer/video/etc = make desktop and get a cheap laptop like a chrome book for 199 then use google docs and other shit for schoolwork and fb

HP makes a mixed bag of computers. Lots of their computer have overheating issues be forewarned. Lenovos stay cool even if you fcuk up and leave on where shouldn't be.

Dell makes medium to good quality never had a program with them besides general slow down and heat emission which caused loudness I hated for music

Culective.com // twitch.tv/gillysuits

July 4, 2013 @ 04:47 PM
Black Donald Trump

when i came to college It was mandatory that i get a macbook (art/design school) it has been fine, its lasted 3+ years and going strong without much upkeep, that being said i think i will be getting something else(non-apple) once this one does stop working
July 4, 2013 @ 05:42 PM
Tony Montana

Fuck that son get a PS4.

"im a very deep minded person" - Tracy Jackson

July 4, 2013 @ 10:05 PM
Mr. Freeze

Once you go mac you never go back.
July 5, 2013 @ 12:10 AM
tmwtg

I've had my MacBook for 4 years now.

Throw on a Spec case and you're good to go. I see this MBP lasting another solid 4 years.
July 6, 2013 @ 02:00 AM
Black Donald Trump

Fuck that son get a PS4.
July 6, 2013 @ 02:13 AM
phantomony

i started off the school year with a pc. 
finally saved up for a mac in like february.
the difference is unbelievable. get a mac.

Please login first to reply.