Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
August 7, 2012 @ 01:42 AM
Pantic

I don't literally mean to market himself in commercials in shit. Marketing is everything b. I'm saying this nigga should say he's homo or some shit. He should be like the first openly gay asian b boy or some shit. He should dress weird, do something different-- otherwise he's just another nigga. Marketing is more than commercials, marketing is aesthetics, the way you carry yourself, etc. etc. Go deep with it gawd. You don't say, "I'm different than everyone else." You let niggas realize that based on your unique way of carrying or presenting yourself.

I don't mean that either, but differentiating marketing is still only one viable strategy choice out of many. But now i realise you are talking about him marketing himself as a dancer, where im talking about him marketing his future company, as he stated that's what he wants to do and dancing is his way of accomplishing it, which is ridiculous.
August 7, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
AG23

i love seeing the typical "dont drop out, itll ruin your life blah blah blah" some bitch i know had her bachelors for three years making 15$ an hour working for a school district. Guess what? Im like 5 years younger with the same damn job and no college. not saying its a great job, but a degree doesnt mean much when you cant find a job.
August 7, 2012 @ 02:01 AM
BuddyOmar

i love seeing the typical "dont drop out, itll ruin your life blah blah blah" some bitch i know had her bachelors for three years making 15$ an hour working for a school district. Guess what? Im like 5 years younger with the same damn job and no college. not saying its a great job, but a degree doesnt mean much when you cant find a job.

Well that's exactly why if you're smart, you treat a degree like an investment. If you're doing something creative or some bullshit like Sociology or Education, just go to a CC and limit your loans. If you're investing in a degree to become a doctor or some shit, of course you're gonna see a good return on your investment and it's worth the risk. I'm just trying to tell this dumb asian nigga that he should be prepared and just get something as a safety net. A degree isn't a guarantee of a good job, let a lone a job at all, but there's no reason to be a fuck nigga and put it off completely.

BTW asian nigga, I get what you're saying now, but you might wanna consider diversifying how you'll generate capital. What type of business are you looking to start anyways?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

August 7, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
Tathens

did you really go to HB for a serious topic like this? go talk to your parents not a bunch of fashionista men on their computer screens

MY BRAND: http://desperotica.com ✿) http://www.tathens.tumblr.com

August 7, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
AG23

Well that's exactly why if you're smart, you treat a degree like an investment. If you're doing something creative or some bullshit like Sociology or Education, just go to a CC and limit your loans. If you're investing in a degree to become a doctor or some shit, of course you're gonna see a good return on your investment and it's worth the risk. I'm just trying to tell this dumb asian nigga that he should be prepared and just get something as a safety net. A degree isn't a guarantee of a good job, let a lone a job at all, but there's no reason to be a fuck nigga and put it off completely.

BTW asian nigga, I get what you're saying now, but you might wanna consider diversifying how you'll generate capital. What type of business are you looking to start anyways?

yo i feel you buddy. Call me a fuck nigga but Ive already came to conclusion that Im not fucking with college. Shit i know my goals are unrealistic and ill have to work 2x as hard, but ive come to terms with that. worst comes to worst ill pick up a trade.
August 7, 2012 @ 02:24 AM
VOMITSPIT

go talk to your parents not a bunch of fashionista men on their computer screens

have you seen the wdywt lately

Sell Thread 1: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/175504 Sell Thread 2: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/161251

August 7, 2012 @ 02:47 AM
escapade

Again, I've already considered my options. I'm not going to spend 3 years coasting school and really wondering if this is what I want to bear with for the rest of my life. I'm not in university for myself, I'm in it for my dad. He thinks university is everything I need when he has no idea what its like. I'm not going to let my parents make decisions for me when I'm responsible for myself. If I end up hating my job, it won't make sense to be angry at my dad. I'd rather fail myself than have someone else fail me so that way at least, I could be accountable for it. I'm not dropping out of school because I'm lazy, or stupid, its because I'm not going to waste my potential there competing with thousands of other kids trying to become office people and work for other people rather than lead.

I don't see the point in locking myself into being a "grownup". I don't see the value in jumping through hoops and assignments learning to do what other people tell me, all the while getting thousands of dollars in debt. When I do complete my undergrad, ill be expected to find a job from my patents and the people around me so I'll just rush into a job trying to pay off my debt and loans. I get stuck there working 9-5 for some guy who works 10x less than I do. That's the dream isn't it? So please, don't be so prejudice and try to look outside of your own ignorance. I appreciate all the input, and if I missed anything, feel free to enlighten me. C:
August 7, 2012 @ 02:49 AM
BuddyOmar

yo i feel you buddy. Call me a fuck nigga but Ive already came to conclusion that Im not fucking with college. Shit i know my goals are unrealistic and ill have to work 2x as hard, but ive come to terms with that. worst comes to worst ill pick up a trade.

Damn i didn't mean to generalize like that blood. How old are you and what exactly do you do for the district b? A job is a job, if you got one, you luckier than most people.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

August 7, 2012 @ 02:49 AM
justinslayer

@Pantic I'm 18 years old and I'm a bboy. This is what I do, and no, my passions are not rap music or photography. I'm using my passion to make money to fund my business, specifically being an entrepreneur. I know nothing comes easy, I learned all of that through my struggles with dance.

I'm just looking for some other perspectives of doing your own thing, is all guys

Awesome video .
May i ask what type of camera you used ?

That's not called being racist , it's called stereotyping -Dude from the misc

August 7, 2012 @ 02:51 AM
theone1

August 7, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
BuddyOmar

Again, I've already considered my options. I'm not going to spend 3 years coasting school and really wondering if this is what I want to bear with for the rest of my life. I'm not in university for myself, I'm in it for my dad. He thinks university is everything I need when he has no idea what its like. I'm not going to let my parents make decisions for me when I'm responsible for myself. If I end up hating my job, it won't make sense to be angry at my dad. I'd rather fail myself than have someone else fail me so that way at least, I could be accountable for it. I'm not dropping out of school because I'm lazy, or stupid, its because I'm not going to waste my potential there competing with thousands of other kids trying to become office people and work for other people rather than lead.

I don't see the point in locking myself into being a "grownup". I don't the value in jumping through hoops and assignments learning to do what other people tell me, all the while getting thousands of dollars in debt. When I do complete my undergrad, ill be expected to find a job from my patents and the people around me so I'll just rush into a job trying to pay off my debt and loans. I get stuck there working 9-5 for some guy who works 10x less than I do. That's the dream isn't it? So please, don't be so prejudice and try to look outside of your own ignorance. I appreciate all the input, and if I missed anything, feel free to enlighten me. C:

Listen nigga school sucks dick #pause. I can't stand it, but I understand its importance. The only reason anyone goes to school is to get a spot on your resume and hopefully, learn more about whatever related field you're in. No offense, but if you have to ask random forum niggas about business practices, maybe you shouldn't go into business. I just naturally learned how business and shit works but I never took a class in my life. My point is: if you're not naturally interested/good at what you're pursuing, don't waste your time because there's already because 100x more refined and ahead of you. This is a rough time for everybody your age but don't make a emotional decision just because it sucks.

Like i've said, consider what you're investing your time in college for. Not everybody goin to college is going to end up with an office job, some people do it to get connections and things like that. Just go to community college and do the shit you're going to do. But again, do not ask random niggas on a forum to decide for you, you need to ultimately man up and make a decision on your own.

August 7, 2012 @ 03:07 AM
escapade

Hey Omar, thanks for sharing your view, it means a lot to me. I'm not asking no homies to make any decisions for me, I was merely looking for what people thought school is all. Thanks again. :3
August 7, 2012 @ 03:10 AM
w)entandrew

lol spending a shit ton of money on schooling that will leave you without a job right after school and hella student loans?

if you are paying for it yourself and dont feel like being there then dont waste anymore money, if you aren't paying for it, stay in school because a degree will help. you could always take a year or two off then go back.

Forum Administrator • @HOYITSDREW

August 7, 2012 @ 03:41 AM
unoedoe

Well that's exactly why if you're smart, you treat a degree like an investment. If you're doing something creative or some bullshit like Sociology or Education, just go to a CC and limit your loans. If you're investing in a degree to become a doctor or some shit, of course you're gonna see a good return on your investment and it's worth the risk.

I don't know what you or your friend are doing AG but (assuming) she got her credential she should be at least subbing or t.a.ing. As for the community college comment you need more than an associates degree if you intend on teaching (as far I know).

And for the OP. I can't say much being still in school but I got friends that dropped out (with "big dreams") working full time making minimum wage to support their music/media 'plans'. Not saying you're all the same but the way I see it- hey i might be joining them in couple years but at least I got a degree and a hell of a lot higher ceiling (no hate doe). Just sayin
August 7, 2012 @ 03:43 AM
TruthOnly

if you confident in your ability to actually turn your skills into profits then go for it, just be prepared to work hard. College is easy, you shuffle through the system until they give you a piece of paper showing that you're certified to be another cog in the wheel and then off you go, if you're willing to put forth the effort to actually EXCEL at life then fuck college, that drive is all you need

lls: troll mode-OFF

look kid, lyfe is bout having a back up plan. countless ppl are skilled,talented in the arts and END UP NOT MAKING IT not because they didnt have enough drive or passion but at times it's all about luck in dat those type of fields. I aint sayin dont shoot for it. just have a plan if the shit dont work aka college

pick a major that will <b>land you a job most likely</b> motherfuckers be majorin in music, dance, art, philosophy or some bullshit and then get surprised when theyre lyke i cnat find a job. MATTA FAKT mafuckas be in school wit dese majors sayin shit like "i know i prolly wont find a job but doin wut u luv is important" dumb fuckin faggits

kid, to sum this shit up:
1. pick a degree that will land you a job mostlikey
2. while doing so, spend your freetime away from class/work pursuing dance
3. after that doesn't work and u graduate with yo degree stil pursue dance with your NEW CAREER
4. fall back and live a comfortable lifestyle knowing u gave it ur all and things didnt work on and see what otha thangz lyfe has to offer---dont listen to witless, he's just a dumb fuckin hipster poser who's flow is fukin sux and thinks he's the next MF DOOM when relle thanks to his main man's rappin skillz he's gunna have a chance to be da next Mike G of the rape game
August 7, 2012 @ 03:46 AM
Millenion LTD

Life is too short to do simple shit. I'm all in for Engineering.
August 7, 2012 @ 03:54 AM

Inactive

Dropping out dont sound logical at all. Think based off logic not based off your emotions.
August 7, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
Bray Wyatt

do it then become a wrestler
August 7, 2012 @ 04:31 AM
ArmandDushae

stay in school for the connects, trust me . I dropped out of St Johns to pursue fashion & though things are going great, if i was still in New York shit would be booming 10X more . school is a network & then if you do have to get a job you can dump a ton of money into your passions.. its gonna be a sacrifice but stay in school, im going back in the fall . be a student/entrepreneur

dmbgs.biz / dmbgs101@gmail.com / @ArmandDushae

August 7, 2012 @ 08:22 AM
AG23

Damn i didn't mean to generalize like that blood. How old are you and what exactly do you do for the district b? A job is a job, if you got one, you luckier than most people

nah no hard feelings. i just turned 20 and Im a substitute aid for handicap kids. Yea man shit is tough right now. I want to be a business owner/have my own brand (i see you buddy omar lifestyle brand). both far fetched goals and I understand a degree is a nice fall back, but when it comes down to it im not about that college life. Im going to into everything with a well thought out plan, try to make some connections and just hustle until I am at where i want to be.
August 7, 2012 @ 08:30 AM
BuddyOmar

Damn i didn't mean to generalize like that blood. How old are you and what exactly do you do for the district b? A job is a job, if you got one, you luckier than most people

nah no hard feelings. i just turned 20 and Im a substitute aid for handicap kids. Yea man shit is tough right now. I want to be a business owner/have my own brand (i see you buddy omar lifestyle brand). both far fetched goals and I understand a degree is a nice fall back, but when it comes down to it im not about that college life. Im going to into everything with a well thought out plan, try to make some connections and just hustle until I am at where i want to be.

Believe that blood. I just turned 19 and i'm grinding too. Young niggas gotta stick together out here. Internet marketing and shit is a big part of it too b. I don't make these ridiculous songs and jawns just to get attention believe that-- everything got a purpose to it. You ever need any help with anything b, just hit me up on twitter or PM me.

As long as you have an original concept, and some capital, blood, anything is possible. I work with another brand with some better connections and shit too helping with marketing and creative development type shit. If you got a good idea and run into some capital, again b, lemme know. Not looking to get paid either. I just like to see people shine on here. We all gotta stick together. #OYYOYSL

August 7, 2012 @ 08:47 AM
AG23

Believe that blood. I just turned 19 and i'm grinding too. Young niggas gotta stick together out here. Internet marketing and shit is a big part of it too b. I don't make these ridiculous songs and jawns just to get attention believe that-- everything got a purpose to it. You ever need any help with anything b, just hit me up on twitter or PM me.

As long as you have an original concept, and some capital, blood, anything is possible. I work with another brand with some better connections and shit too helping with marketing and creative development type shit. If you got a good idea and run into some capital, again b, lemme know. Not looking to get paid either. I just like to see people shine on here. We all gotta stick together. #OYYOYSL

fuck, you my nigga buddy. shoot me that twitter!
August 7, 2012 @ 08:56 AM
ASAC Schrader

assuming that your parents are paying for you to be in college drop out. You gone save em tons of money. If you pay for it yourself and dont want to be in college then drop out, you gone save yourself tons of money. If your mind is not on focused on your school work anyway chances are you gone end up with a $11 job anyway. I know people who went to college and ended up working at a grocery store getting paid the exact same amount as i do. If i were you i would just transfer to another school and major in something you actually like.

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

August 7, 2012 @ 02:49 PM
bapa

damn son, you gonna drop a school like university of toronto just like that?
August 7, 2012 @ 05:08 PM
Lurkordie

Look at the success of bill gates, woody allen, Mark Zuckerberg and steve jobs, all of whom dropped out of college. If you have a plan for success without the need of finishing college, by all means pursue it. There are many college graduates that didn't turn out successful. It really all comes down to how much you really want it, and what sacrifices would you make?

I hate when people make this comparison about people who dropped out of college. These men can be considered geniuses, In their level of thinking from a young age onto their professional careers. In general, college dropouts are hacks. And for the average person who isn't a computer genius or film visionary, a college degree can help them a lot in life, if for no other reason than networking or helping to get your foot in the door.
August 7, 2012 @ 05:12 PM
Green_Tecka

Andrew, you don't have to push your bitterness onto other people or do any name calling lol. We're not in highschool after all. I currently make money off of street dancing and that's what I do to raise money for my current projects. I saw no future in my program with what I was learning and I felt like a sitting duck. I've got my twin that I'm currently working with and a friend on some projects and I'm not going to let anything hold me back. I'm not saying school isn't important for some people, it's just not for me. Anyone else have any of their own experiences to share?

School's an easy path that I'm prepared to throw away, to make room for something unknown which I still need to create but I'm on my way!

LOOOOOOOL plz.
August 7, 2012 @ 05:15 PM
pinheadlarry

lol at wanting to be an entrepreneur and run a business. Lol, you know most people who do that have MBAs....meaning they graduated college and then went to grad school. You won't be shit in the business world without a degree.

So many people these days, especially those in creative fields are trying to find scapegoats for not going to college. I'm sorry, but if you aren't learning a useful trade, then you probably won't get too far without a college degree. You'll just be another one of the millions of struggling artists' or end up working some dead end job and living in an apartment or with roommates for the rest of your life.
August 7, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
NZOO

My real 2 cents

Most people who have their own start up already come from a well off family or borrow a shit ton of loans. School is needed just as a back up imo. If you have nothing going for yourself and decide to drop out then you might as well get ready for dead end jobs most of your life even though the pay for some of them aren't that bad.
----
At the end of the day, it depends on your work ethic.

Don't badmind me.

August 7, 2012 @ 05:39 PM
halfbaked

If you are going to then i suggest that you have a plan and dont let it be permanent unless you have good reason.

Oh yeah you feel my vibe right? Well bitch you killin it. Step back

August 7, 2012 @ 05:45 PM
halfbaked

If you do then make sure you have a plan. Also make sure its not a permanent situation.

Oh yeah you feel my vibe right? Well bitch you killin it. Step back

Please login first to reply.