August 6, 2012 @ 10:16 PM
Pantic

^witless
Take advice from a guy with that signature, winner lifestyle on the come up.
August 6, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Inactive

"who needs education when you got swag"

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ USE REPCODE "TRY20" TO GET 20% OFF KARMALOOP, PLNDR, AND BRICKHARBOR

August 6, 2012 @ 10:32 PM
Fonze

@Pantic I'm 18 years old and I'm a bboy. This is what I do, and no, my passions are not rap music or photography. I'm using my passion to make money to fund my business, specifically being an entrepreneur. I know nothing comes easy, I learned all of that through my struggles with dance.

I'm just looking for some other perspectives of doing your own thing, is all guys

You have the power but you don't have the style. The top rocks had no passion and no style.
August 6, 2012 @ 10:32 PM
daphonk

if you confident in your ability to actually turn your skills into profits then go for it, just be prepared to work hard. College is easy, you shuffle through the system until they give you a piece of paper showing that you're certified to be another cog in the wheel and then off you go, if you're willing to put forth the effort to actually EXCEL at life then fuck college, that drive is all you need

idk i'd say you need more than drive. Most entrepreneurs have connections and know people in areas that allows them to get a leg up on others. Realistically speaking, there's so many people out there pushing the same or similar ideas that you need something to set you apart & it's more often than not who you know.
That being said being in college/university gives you a great opportunity to network and build connections because there's so many people from all walks of life and you never know how someone you meet in school can help you later on down the road. I really don't know anyone with connections that made those outside of school.
August 6, 2012 @ 10:36 PM
DaPark

Your good in my books. Look at some of the richest people they didn't have degrees either.

you only hear the story of successors b

This. Not everyone is that 'one-in-a-million'. In society, we are all told that anyone can make it in life, becoming rich and successful, but look at reality b.

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

August 6, 2012 @ 11:14 PM
escapade

thanks a lot for the responses guys! (: I really appreciate all of your views, feel free to provide more of your perspectives. It doesn't hurt to have more experience on this
August 6, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
myniggajoelkelly

i say schools aight depending on the field you wanna go in to feel me? but like its not a neccesity like you can grind it out on the streets its tough doe but you gotta do what you gotta do
August 6, 2012 @ 11:47 PM
escapade

Again, this post wasn't about bashing education or school. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with school, it just didn't have what I wanted,Im not looking for any kind of validation as well, I merely wanted some of your opinions is all. Oh yea, and thanks for making such a hilarious gif Andrew (: I'm flattered, never thought I'd be anything like a meme haha for a topic like this, we definitely need some comedic relief :3
August 7, 2012 @ 12:03 AM
starving

suspended

Again, this post wasn't about bashing education or school. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with school, it just didn't have what I wanted,Im not looking for any kind of validation as well, I merely wanted some of your opinions is all. Oh yea, and thanks for making such a hilarious gif Andrew (: I'm flattered, never thought I'd be anything like a meme haha for a topic like this, we definitely need some comedic relief :3

Stop being so nice you little bitch

You're the type of nigga that cries when someone dies in a movie. I bet you still play with tamatotchis. You cried when Barney tells all the kids goodbye at the end of each episode huh?
August 7, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
escapade

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot being reasonable was a little bitch thing to do, I better get angry at the very good people I asked for input haha I'm looking forward to listening to anyone who wants to contribute. And what if im the type of person to cry in a movie when someone dies, what does that have to do with anything. I don't need to prove myself to anyone, especially someone on the internt but i definitely appreciate when a brother gives me some of his time and drops some knowledge. Starving, if someone's done you wrong, don't take it out on someone else. In the end, we all want to be understood. If there's something up, say it homie.
August 7, 2012 @ 12:15 AM
craigsagersuit

You're the type of nigga that cries when someone dies in a movie. I bet you still play with tamatotchis. You cried when Barney tells all the kids goodbye at the end of each episode huh?

lolwhat

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

August 7, 2012 @ 12:23 AM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

If you gonna drop out and dance you going to need a major sponsor tho, like a big respected clothing brand like 80hd clothing

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

August 7, 2012 @ 12:28 AM
craigsagersuit

If you gonna drop out and dance you going to need a major sponsor tho, like a big respected clothing brand like 80hd clothing

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

August 7, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
smartmonkey

Look at the success of bill gates, woody allen, Mark Zuckerberg and steve jobs, all of whom dropped out of college. If you have a plan for success without the need of finishing college, by all means pursue it. There are many college graduates that didn't turn out successful. It really all comes down to how much you really want it, and what sacrifices would you make?

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

August 7, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
escapade

@millz just a clarification, I'm not dropping out of school to dance, I'm dropping out of school to pursue business and entrepreneurship while using dance as a source of funding for my projectsand business ideas (:
August 7, 2012 @ 12:43 AM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

@millz just a clarification, I'm not dropping out of school to dance, I'm dropping out of school to pursue business and entrepreneurship while using dance as a source of funding for my projectsand business ideas (:

Hate to burst your bubble but you dont fund ANYTHING by dancing, you set up a business with a loan at the bank... and they give you that loan because you show them a good blueprint...
if you really serious about getting your own business you need to put a lot of money into it, money that isnt earned by dancing.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

August 7, 2012 @ 12:48 AM
Pantic

^
No dude, education is nothing and dancing is enough to fund a company, while running one is easy without having the necessary skills to do so just because you have passion.
Escapade is gonna be succesful as fuck.
August 7, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
VOMITSPIT

I just took my first year at the University of Toronto and it was boring as hell and I didn't feel like I got anywhere with it myself. I'm planning to drop out of school to pursue things that I have a passion for, what do you guys think about school?

You're better off staying enrolled. Actually make something of the time and money you're wasting. Quit being a lazy fuckin' bum and make something of your life with the opportunity you have yo, you can still pursue your passions at that school. Or transfer, don't quit school all together.

Black Supreme Safari, Raised by Wolves, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

August 7, 2012 @ 12:54 AM
L DUBBA E

@Pantic I'm 18 years old and I'm a bboy. This is what I do, and no, my passions are not rap music or photography. I'm using my passion to make money to fund my business, specifically being an entrepreneur. I know nothing comes easy, I learned all of that through my struggles with dance.

I'm just looking for some other perspectives of doing your own thing, is all guys

Real talk. Judging by this vid, you and homie ain't that good at bboying.

Stay in college.

this. if you really want to make it with dancing you are going to have to get a thousand times better. I've seen 9th grade pinoids better than you :/

"DAM snow cone, what were you for Halloween, a bitch!?"

August 7, 2012 @ 12:56 AM
BuddyOmar

Hate to burst your bubble but you dont fund ANYTHING by dancing, you set up a business with a loan at the bank... and they give you that loan because you show them a good blueprint...
if you really serious about getting your own business you need to put a lot of money into it, money that isnt earned by dancing.

Either a loan or flipping capital. This asian nigga needs to start out small and if he's serious, flip the capital you generate exponentially. My advice though, get a degree first. I'd be willing to bet theres 1000 people way more talented in your industry than you. The important thing you need to do is find what makes you unique and market yourself so that you're different from your peers. If you can't grasp how important marketing is, then you might as well be pan frying potstickers and boxing up fried rice asian nigga. DO NOT drop out of school though. All of the niggas people are bringing up are incredibly talented/incredibly intelligent and well connected. If you have no connections in the entertainment industry you'd better have one in a million type talent otherwise you just another dumb nigga. Just think critically about what you're considering.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

August 7, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
cormilk

college might give you the chance to network with people who direct videos, are business majors, other dancer, or people whose parents are involved in the industry.

Ig@rickrossowens

August 7, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
Pantic

^
Buddy dropped abit of knowledge but you are wrong in saying that you need to market yourself as different from your peers, differentiating marketing strategy is only one of many and even if it is effective it usually is only effective for minor companies.
In this time the best things to focus your marketing on is the internet(duh) and your brand, seeing as commercials are in recline and costumers do not care for them anymore, only the strong brands still succeed in tv and magazine commercials and with self expression being so important the company brand is so important, this is why Apple make dough.
August 7, 2012 @ 01:12 AM
VOMITSPIT

Commercials are in recline? Commercials will be in recline when television is in recline, do you realize how many people watch television? You can't just focus on the small majority of street wear bops on this forum. Smaller brands don't focus on commercials until they become more popular, so I agree that internet marketing should be his main focus.. Apple makes dough because how they market themselves vs. other companies. They come off way cooler even when they release products that are basically the fuckin' same as the last models, they have a cult of followers. That's why they play on making Microsoft look old and outdated as shit...

Black Supreme Safari, Raised by Wolves, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

August 7, 2012 @ 01:19 AM
TTHX

Don't drop out of school. If you can't manage your passions, hobbies, school and a job to fund your education then you're not going to make it in anything else. School may be boring, but the greatest thing about school isn't your degree, it's meeting leading professionals that you make connection with that help you out big time in the end. My passion was photography, my program was fucking garbage but I stuck I through did freelance with a job while overloading courses while working on my thesis. Busting my ass and meeting people is what landed me my job right when I graduated. Now I'm doing what I love with chill ass people.

If anything else join a bboy club at school and get better and get a crew all while doing school. Thousands of others can do it, so can you. As mentioned before you can meet videographers, photographers, event coordinators for clubs and shit and get tonnes of shit running local building up a fan base then expanding from there.

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

August 7, 2012 @ 01:24 AM
Pantic

Commercials are in recline? Commercials will be in recline when television is in recline, do you realize how many people watch television? You can't just focus on the small majority of street wear bops on this forum. Smaller brands don't focus on commercials until they become more popular, so I agree that internet marketing should be his main focus.. Apple makes dough because how they market themselves vs. other companies. They come off way cooler even when they release products that are basically the fuckin' same as the last models, they have a cult of followers. That's why they play on making Microsoft look old and outdated as shit...

Commercials are in recline because they are losing effectivity, people used to enjoy watching them and now people switch channels when the commercial breaks are on plus they don't buy into the "bullshit" anymore. They are steadily losing effectivity, only commercials like superbowl are still popular.

Yes Apple makes dough because they come off "way cooler" and their products arent that innovative anymore. This is because of their BRAND, branding is also a marketing strategy but it has nothing to do with how they market compared to other companies. Apple has always been about innovation but they had no succes before they switched strategy and went with their trademark design and logo which strengthens their brand and gives alot of costumer value which basically means people will buy it out of loyalty and thought of the company, not because of the product.
August 7, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

rare appearance of a serious answer by buddyomar cool

August 7, 2012 @ 01:32 AM
VOMITSPIT

I'm not going to go deep into this cause cats don't give a shit, I don't wanna clog his thread and I don't wanna come off like I'm trying to be an elitist to a bunch of fuckin' pinoys. But essentially you are saying the same thing I am, when I say "way cooler" I am talking about the companies approach, that was simple term. Brand and marketing go in correlation, the second part of what your statement is irrelevant, I didn't disagree with any of it.

August 7, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
BuddyOmar

^
Buddy dropped abit of knowledge but you are wrong in saying that you need to market yourself as different from your peers, differentiating marketing strategy is only one of many and even if it is effective it usually is only effective for minor companies.
In this time the best things to focus your marketing on is the internet(duh) and your brand, seeing as commercials are in recline and costumers do not care for them anymore, only the strong brands still succeed in tv and magazine commercials and with self expression being so important the company brand is so important, this is why Apple make dough.

I don't literally mean to market himself in commercials in shit. Marketing is everything b. I'm saying this nigga should say he's homo or some shit. He should be like the first openly gay asian b boy or some shit. He should dress weird, do something different-- otherwise he's just another nigga. Marketing is more than commercials, marketing is aesthetics, the way you carry yourself, etc. etc. Go deep with it gawd. You don't say, "I'm different than everyone else." You let niggas realize that based on your unique way of carrying or presenting yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

August 7, 2012 @ 01:39 AM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

^

I don't literally mean to market himself in commercials in shit. Marketing is everything b. I'm saying this nigga should say he's homo or some shit. He should be like the first openly gay asian b boy or some shit. He should dress weird, do something different-- otherwise he's just another nigga. Marketing is more than commercials, marketing is aesthetics, the way you carry yourself, etc. etc. Go deep with it gawd. You don't say, "I'm different than everyone else." You let niggas realize that based on your unique way of carrying or presenting yourself.
^ this, ofwgkta was a marketing genius, even if they didnt realize it at first

August 7, 2012 @ 01:42 AM
Pantic

I don't mean that either, but differentiating marketing is still only one viable strategy choice out of many. But now i realise you are talking about him marketing himself as a dancer, where im talking about him marketing his future company, as he stated that's what he wants to do and dancing is his way of accomplishing it, which is ridiculous.

Please login first to reply.