Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 4, 2006 @ 10:37 AM
DMZ

i once read a thread were an O.G. of street wear told me-(quote un-quote)

"These fuckin kids these days think that because they are wearing the most expensive or popular jeans, believe its hyped or cool. a decade ago the definition of Street Wear, ment to obtain what you can afford(mainstreem or not) and make it look good while setting your own trends in the community."

that's just a great quote... and the truth.
October 4, 2006 @ 11:35 AM
DynamicDuo

Don't you hate it when ya mom doesn't know why the clothes you buy are so expensive, and you buy what you buy, and then she asks why you want the raw selvedge denim over the old navy bull shit denim

or is that just me

DUDE, YOUR MOM'S RIGHT. YOU'RE WHAT, 16? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT RAW SELVEDGE. SURE OLD NAVY'S ARE SHIT QUALITY, BUT THEY'RE BASICS AND 90% OF THE COUNTRY IS MORE THAN HAPPY WITH THEM.

CLOTHES WE BUY ARE OVERPRICED. ITS NOT THAT THEY DON'T KNOW SHIT. OUR PARENTS KNOW THE VALUE OF A DOLLAR.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST SAY THAT THEY JUST DON'T KNOW HOW 'COOL' THE CLOTHING WE LIKE IS. BUT HEY, EVERYONE HAS A HOBBY. MY DAD STILL BUYS CD'S, AND I ASK WHY SOME OF THOSE ARE STILL LIKE $20.

MAYBE THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG IF YOU'RE UNDER 20 AND PAYING $200 FOR JEANS AND $200 FOR SWEATSHIRTS. MY SUPER SWEET 16 FOR GUYS.
October 4, 2006 @ 12:03 PM
sherbmax90

i have a funny feeling that 15 years from now i might look back and laugh at my sel indulge ment of fashion.. and will copp my shit with my wife from macy's and be satistfied.

LOL.....me too bro
October 4, 2006 @ 12:06 PM
sherbmax90

exactly why i have obligations with fashion.

do u guys remeber when the xbox first came out or the side kick 2. to me, i sorta wish i had that money in my pockets right now. i have a funny feeling that 15 years from now i might look back and laugh at my sel indulge ment of fashion.. and will copp my shit with my wife from mayce's and be satistfied.

i'll also believe in a savings acount... yes i plan to convert..

till' then ...

LOL.....i see myself at Macys to bro shoppin for comfortable cargo shorts and polos and fresh ass button ups and blazers...Hahahaha
October 4, 2006 @ 12:11 PM
tommyroks

its funny how many of you kids are complaining about your parents commenting on your silly spending habits on clothes. they are only looking out for you...the thread "parents dont know shit"....is horrible...because they have been there, they have done that..they know buying 60.00 shirts ,and 200.00 doesnt mean shit, because in a month, it will be "old"...and it was worn 2-3 times. But when you get into the real world, and can afford 200.00 hoodies, AND have your OWN place, then thats cool. Until then, when they asked you how much you spent, just lie about the price i guess?

this is true..parents are just looking out, trying to teach how money dont come easy. I spend anyways but i always think twice before i buy.
October 4, 2006 @ 12:27 PM

Inactive

I rock whatever I like, plus, my parents have no control over me as I'm a grown man.

word ta big bird. Sometimes I forget how young some of you douches are
October 4, 2006 @ 12:57 PM
brianAndImFromChicago

my mom used to trip about how much i spent because she is old-school, she is 1st generation american, you know? but now that i away at school she doesnt mind much.
October 4, 2006 @ 02:22 PM
TheFly

If your mom is still paying for your food and shelter, you might want to chill on spending 40 bucks on a t shirt. Get a job, pay some rent, buy your own groceries and then get some new kicks.
October 4, 2006 @ 05:04 PM
eMily

My parents are always on my case about things I buy but they're just looking out even if I do use my own money.
October 4, 2006 @ 05:37 PM

Inactive

My parents actually get pissed off at me and sometimes actually yell at me when they find out how much I spend on some of my clothes. They think I don't know the value of a dollar but I figure that as long as I'm living at home and not paying bills or rent or anything then I should spend my money on shit that I like, because soon enough I'll be out paying bills and all that shit so I won't be able to cop as nice of stuff.
October 4, 2006 @ 10:25 PM
cuddles

anybody else keep their bags from shopping in their car until their parents go out or are asleep so they don't know u just spent more money? I also like ups cuz they usually deliver when it is only me that is home so nobody finds out for the most part untill they see boxes in the garbage
October 5, 2006 @ 01:18 AM

Inactive

ups always delivers when im not home so my dad always sees my packages.
October 5, 2006 @ 01:33 PM
alex

raww
October 5, 2006 @ 02:57 PM
Hippo

My parents don't understand my obsession (their words, but it's true) with fashion. They don't get so worked up about it because it's my money but they just don't understand what I like about clothes/sneakers. My parents are used to having kids with expensive tastes though, so being the youngest I don't have it so bad. I do lower the prices just to make sure they don't go insane, though.

Please login first to reply.