Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
July 24, 2012 @ 09:27 PM
DStyles

Kendrick has been just as long as Lupe in the game.

First time I heard that nikka was on the BWS Vol. 1 mixtape.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

July 24, 2012 @ 11:02 PM
scarlem

kendrick flow > all
July 25, 2012 @ 02:38 AM
sharky

I agree with Lupe being on some off puttingly pseudo-intellectual shit, and that's one of the main reasons I fuck wit Kendrick is because he has a lot of the same substance but delivers it in a much less pretentious manner

This. Lyrically I think Lupe might be the GOAT. His writing abilities are untouchable. But in terms of good ass music and creativity, kendrick is on another level right now. Kendrick has a great flow and is a great lyricist too but what sets him apart from all the other conscious rappers are his concepts.

Shit like cartoons and cereal and P&P1.5 and ignorance is bliss all offer some great conscious (by conscious i mean not gangsta rap) lyrics without the preachiness that you get from most conscious rappers. i think its cus kendrick doesnt really talk in absolutes. he's always just throwing ideas out and trying to figure the shit out for himself at the same time.

also fuck hopsin
July 25, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
PandoCalrissian

Hip Hop isnt about who has better rhymes.

It's about who had the most greatest hits before they died.

Kendrick has not one hit, So get that shit OUTTA HEEEEERRRRREE!

You are what's wrong with Hip Hop, so because Wayne has the most hits it means he's the best rapper? No he's fucking garbage...

Hits don't mean shit

"leather jackets and bape shark hoodies, its a struggle but we make it work"

July 25, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
PreggGopovich

swimming pools
July 25, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
kng_vln

I suppose you could say lupe right now but kendrick hardly has any material out. Kendrick more versatile with his verses and flow imo. Lupe been rapping about the same political material for a few years now getting old
July 25, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
RiFF RaFF

swimming pools
\

this.

kendrick is amazing. kendrick vs new lupe its kendrick no doubt.

Be about it

July 25, 2012 @ 04:12 AM
Moises Arias

kendrick. Lupe is like the annoying ass nigga who always try to stuff his socially conscious ideals down people throats. Like all this nigga talk about is how he so much different then every rapper and his raps have so much meaning. But truth is lupe aint doing nothing new for hip hop and never did anything new. Theres so many rappers who did what Lupe done and did it better but Lupe is one of those guys who head is so fucked up that he thinks he was sent from heaven to help save rap.

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

July 25, 2012 @ 04:17 AM
aalexander

Lupe, but lasers was a piece of shit tbh

Lupe for sure, and yea didn't really like that shit.
July 25, 2012 @ 04:20 AM
scélérat

LOL at this dumb argument between two of the most overrated emcees in recent memory, Lupe especially. The nigga is a talented writer, but I just don't go for his psuedo-intellectual bullshit, and Kendrick has a cadence, breath control, everything, except he's pretty much an uglier, swagless Royce. No thanks, fuck both of these niggas tbh. Btw, Lasers was the shittiest musical abomination I've heard in a long time.

Pseudo-intellectual bullshit? I can understand saying that about Lasers but definitely not The Cool or F&L. I mean shit what's that song's name again which compares the modern world to a cheeseburger? Nothing fake about that. Lasers was watered down because of Atlantic, which is why he made Dumb it Down. And it honestly can't be the worst abomination you've ever heard. All Black Everything and Coming Up > anything Lil Wayne has released besides Dear Summer. And STILL Lupe's Dear Fall was better than Dear Summer. I agree; there are so many artists out there that are incredibly underrated (Time Machine for example, I bet 99.9% of you haven't heard about those dudes), but still they are both very talented. Who cares if Lupe fell off; he has so many old tracks that make him so credible. I'm hoping F&L2 can change you about that (assuming it isn't the same style as that Freedom Ain't Free garbage - C.L. Smooth killed TROY and he can't top that).

What does this have to do with Lil Wayne??
I know, you didn't listen to Lil Wayne before carter 3, but don't be ignorant.

Now on topic

K.Dot and Lupe are about even
Kendrick voice and what he does with it tho, makes him sound better than he is lyrically.

Flow and delivery>>>>>>>>K.Dot

Lyrics>>>>>>>>>>>>Lupe

"The clothes don't make the man the man made them clothes."

July 25, 2012 @ 04:27 AM
Rodney D Ellis

You are what's wrong with Hip Hop, so because Wayne has the most hits it means he's the best rapper? No he's fucking garbage...

Hits don't mean shit

Its All About STATS!!!

fuck the internet

July 25, 2012 @ 04:30 AM
scélérat

You are what's wrong with Hip Hop, so because Wayne has the most hits it means he's the best rapper? Now he's fucking garbage...

Hits don't mean shit

Fixed

"The clothes don't make the man the man made them clothes."

July 25, 2012 @ 04:31 AM

Inactive

PSA

FUCK THAT FOO HOPSIN
July 25, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
Rodney D Ellis

Hip Hop Is A SPORT. Not A Fucking Opinion Game.

Just Except The Fucking Stats.

If Lupe Has More Hits & Put More Man Hours Then Except That.

fuck the internet

July 25, 2012 @ 05:08 AM
beathead

I like the two but I like lupe more. I think lupe is more versatile in terms of adapting of different genre/style of music. I think lupe makes better records and has more flavor/variety on his album. I think kendrick got the better flow and is more aggressive/grimier vibe in his tracks. I also think lupe is a very technical lyricist in terms of the message he convey in his songs. I dig the two, but I just think lupe makes better songs that are easier on the ears.
July 25, 2012 @ 01:22 PM
terrancec23

Lupe.
If kendrick lamar can keep making hits he wouldnt be too far behind though
July 25, 2012 @ 02:09 PM
abovetheseclouds

July 25, 2012 @ 02:22 PM
kendricklamar

me
July 25, 2012 @ 02:52 PM
JStorm803

Fuck the Vs shit I want a collab

YES.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

July 25, 2012 @ 03:28 PM
nycxeric

thread hijacked doe....fucc dat conscience rap doe, im so wavy bruh bruh fucc wit ya boy doe
July 25, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
bonemarrow

LOL at this dumb argument between two of the most overrated emcees in recent memory, Lupe especially. The nigga is a talented writer, but I just don't go for his psuedo-intellectual bullshit, and Kendrick has a cadence, breath control, everything, except he's pretty much an uglier, swagless Royce. No thanks, fuck both of these niggas tbh. Btw, Lasers was the shittiest musical abomination I've heard in a long time.

Pseudo-intellectual bullshit? I can understand saying that about Lasers but definitely not The Cool or F&L. I mean shit what's that song's name again which compares the modern world to a cheeseburger? Nothing fake about that. Lasers was watered down because of Atlantic, which is why he made Dumb it Down. And it honestly can't be the worst abomination you've ever heard. All Black Everything and Coming Up > anything Lil Wayne has released besides Dear Summer. And STILL Lupe's Dear Fall was better than Dear Summer. I agree; there are so many artists out there that are incredibly underrated (Time Machine for example, I bet 99.9% of you haven't heard about those dudes), but still they are both very talented. Who cares if Lupe fell off; he has so many old tracks that make him so credible. I'm hoping F&L2 can change you about that (assuming it isn't the same style as that Freedom Ain't Free garbage - C.L. Smooth killed TROY and he can't top that).

Now on topic

Kendrick voice and what he does with it tho, makes him sound better than he is lyrically.

Lyrics>>>>>>>>>>>>Lupe

some people actually hate kendricks voice

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

July 25, 2012 @ 10:56 PM
bapa

black people that enjoy anime<
July 25, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
oneallah

my muslim brother lupe ofcourse
July 26, 2012 @ 04:37 AM
guddah1

listen to both
July 26, 2012 @ 07:08 AM
Torch

Lupe before he made Lasers
New video of him:
July 26, 2012 @ 09:38 AM
NoStress

lupe fucking blows

burr

July 26, 2012 @ 09:48 AM
NoStress

/THREAD
razz

burr

July 26, 2012 @ 09:59 AM
NoStress

Lupe and Kendrick should join forces and become the next black star

burr

July 26, 2012 @ 12:30 PM
JStorm803

Lupe and Kendrick should join forces and become the next black star

..with J. Cole on production.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

July 26, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
Panther.

Now on topic

Lyrics>>>>>>>>>>>>Lupe

I used Wayne as an example because of the guy who said it's the most hits that matter. Also, I fucking have been listening to Lil Wayne before Carter III.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

Please login first to reply.