300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
July 23, 2012 @ 06:29 PM
Mortal Kombat

suspended

I'm native American/black and I just want to know.......why is it that every race imitates black people???? from clothing to the way they try to act???? all this snapback and jordans......if im not wrong isn't that what Ice-t and NWA were known for??????
July 23, 2012 @ 06:31 PM
nycxeric

native american/black gang we in dis hoe
July 23, 2012 @ 06:38 PM
DarianaGrande

"Everybody wanna be a nigga, but don't nobody wanna be a nigga"

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

July 23, 2012 @ 06:39 PM
Pantic

Pretty ignorant statement. You think snapbacks and jordans are popular all over the world? And as far as i know snapbacks come from baseball, not black culture in any way.
July 23, 2012 @ 06:39 PM
Black Donald Trump

stfu
July 23, 2012 @ 06:44 PM
1973 tha Kami

apefelloff
July 23, 2012 @ 06:49 PM
Bray Wyatt

reality and media but i beat up booker t's ass before
July 23, 2012 @ 06:58 PM
dmwalking

Style wise I'd say so. I'm not sure why but people around the world see certain aspects of black culture to be cool.

To some it's the rebelliousness. In order for black people to rise above their circumstances, they had to be rebellious to some extent and that translates into their whole persona.

To others it's creativity. Black people like to have a common thread that is exclusively black. Clothing, slang, a handshake, or whatever. People tend to look at exclusivity as cool. So they imitate. As others imitate, black people adapt and add to their "thing."

That's all I can think of off the top.

But truth is, IMO, white people are the most imitated considering how westernized the planet continues to get. The white approach to success is the most imitated despite the horrible negative repercussions.

Last name Ever, first name Worst Mod

July 23, 2012 @ 07:00 PM
1973 tha Kami

Style wise I'd say so. I'm not sure why but people around the world see certain aspects of black culture to be cool.

To some it's the rebelliousness. In order for black people to rise above their circumstances, they had to be rebellious to some extent and that translates into their whole persona.

To others it's creativity. Black people like to have a common thread that is exclusively black. Clothing, slang, a handshake, or whatever. People tend to look at exclusivity as cool. So they imitate. As others imitate, black people adapt and add to their "thing."

But truth is, IMO, white people are the most imitated considering how westernized the planet continues to get. The white approach to success is the most imitated despite the horrible negative repercussions.

dis nigga has to drop some knowledge in every thread cot dayum cool
July 23, 2012 @ 07:33 PM
Lew

cause they can't be us
July 23, 2012 @ 08:05 PM
dmwalking

dis nigga has to drop some knowledge in every thread cot dayum cool

Nah, I just like to help people. Information is always helpful.

July 23, 2012 @ 08:10 PM
Black Donald Trump

blacks always tryin to act white, actin like they have money and shit lol everybody know they broke. everybody trying to act white.sike naw i aint racist like that.
July 23, 2012 @ 08:11 PM
Black Donald Trump

word
July 23, 2012 @ 08:14 PM
Black Donald Trump

all that being said i think its pretty stupid to even think in terms of acting a certain race
July 23, 2012 @ 08:27 PM
BuddyOmar

It's not black people whatsoever, you got it confused. It's urban/hip-hop culture. Poor whites, hispanics, blacks all participated in this culture. As rap music and the hip-hop culture became more and more popularized, often times people emulated this street culture because it was a vicarious trip to certain places these pussy ass cacs would never seen.

Think of high school as a microcosm of our society, the people at the top of the pedestal are the popular people (celebrities, fame whores) athletes (mostly black or white) and the people with the most money (the rich niggas) and as a result, it's our weak, follower instinct that gravitates naturally towards these things. Since typically, black people are the face of urban/hip-hop music, people wanting to participate in the culture naturally imitate them. It's no different than juggalos painting their faces to look like meth addicts and degenerates. They do it because they want to mirror the aesthetic of the dominant group leaders in whatever group they feel a connection or similarity with.

Tl:dr : ethnic backgrounds are not imitated, cultures are imitated, the leaders of these sub-cultures are in turn imitated.

Believe it or not, I touch on this topic a little bit in my song:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

July 23, 2012 @ 08:32 PM

Inactive

Because we are the superior master race

#BlackExcellence
July 23, 2012 @ 08:44 PM
dmwalking

It's not black people whatsoever, you got it confused. It's urban/hip-hop culture. Poor whites, hispanics, blacks all participated in this culture. As rap music and the hip-hop culture became more and more popularized, often times people emulated this street culture because it was a vicarious trip to certain places these pussy ass cacs would never seen.

Think of high school as a microcosm of our society, the people at the top of the pedestal are the popular people (celebrities, fame whores) athletes (mostly black or white) and the people with the most money (the rich niggas) and as a result, it's our weak, follower instinct that gravitates naturally towards these things. Since typically, black people are the face of urban/hip-hop music, people wanting to participate in the culture naturally imitate them. It's no different than juggalos painting their faces to look like meth addicts and degenerates. They do it because they want to mirror the aesthetic of the dominant group leaders in whatever group they feel a connection or similarity with.

Tl:dr : ethnic backgrounds are not imitated, cultures are imitated, the leaders of these sub-cultures are in turn imitated.

Believe it or not, I touch on this topic a little bit in my song:

good post.

July 23, 2012 @ 08:55 PM
druqs

July 23, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
kaleljorel71

we are the originals....plain and simple.

Black Power.
July 23, 2012 @ 09:09 PM
BKBROWN

i think white people (and western culture in general) is the most imitated

̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ karmaloop 20% off repcode: WAVES lllllllllllllllllll https://soundcloud.com/bkbrown

July 23, 2012 @ 09:53 PM
Juki

Because of the popularity of rappers and rap music

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 23, 2012 @ 09:59 PM
KTA

Because we are the superior master race

#BlackExcellence

#Opulence
#Decadence
July 23, 2012 @ 10:15 PM
modernmischief

Because we have soul,and were hyper sexualized in all forms of media,plus people of other races see us as the forbidden fruit,so everybody wants to get a taste and see what the hype is about you dig?
July 23, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
FLVMINCO

Paul Mooney with that truth, everyone can emulate as much as they want but they won't have to deal with the underhanded shit that blacks deal with on the daily.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

July 23, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
Juki

Ain't it funny how blacks are the most imitated race but still so many black people (especially entertainers) wanna be white. Just look at MJ, lil Kim, Niki Minaj, Carlton banks, etc....

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 23, 2012 @ 10:59 PM
LA_1201

cuz everyone is a sheep

taskforce bitch mob nigga

July 23, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
sosro

Because of how they are portrayed in our media.
July 24, 2012 @ 08:51 AM
Too Trill

I'm native American/black and I just want to know.......why is it that every race imitates black people???? from clothing to the way they try to act???? all this snapback and jordans......if im not wrong isn't that what Ice-t and NWA were known for??????

how old u is?

blacc people speak english. dat irony
July 24, 2012 @ 09:29 AM
Your Fan

lol. jordan is black but the company is white. snapbacks are made by white people. you speak english, a white language.

Without blacks the Jordan brand AND Nike brand wouldn't be where it is right now look at the big names they sponsor (Black athletes).

Blacks popularized snap backs in this current generation thanks to hip hop music. Oh yeah, snap backs are made my Asian babies in sweat shops.

English is a mix of A LOT of different languages Latin, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian. Latin being the most influential to the language.
July 24, 2012 @ 09:36 AM
Too Trill

ay how come blacc people speak english b?

Please login first to reply.