What's your MAJOR?

July 25, 2012 @ 21:03:05
Originally posted by Inactive User
computer science at cal poly slo

Is it a hard major? I get mixed feelings from everyone

I just finished my first year and I like it; I think getting into the programming mindset is the hard part but then its just all logic and syntax and shit. The things we do are pretty interesting and cool and sometimes its a little tedious and fucking annoying when shit doesn't work the way you wanna but all in all its coo.

I'll let you know how I feel after this next quarter cause I heard shit gets real
July 25, 2012 @ 22:52:43
@fuckinrevs I'm thinkin about studying healthcare administration, and was wonderin if you have any insight on employment opportunities upon graduation. I already looked at the info the BLS has to offer, but I want a second opinion on the likely hood of me finding a job after school.

I honestly couldn't tell you alot man. Sorry. But like I said, nursing jobs are in demand and I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to find a position somewhere in the healthcare field after you finish school. If you haven't thought about it yet, are their co-op positions offered during the summer, or internships offered for your major? It's all about networking when you're in college, and a co-op position offers alot, meet new people with similar goals as you, possibly get paid, get experience in the field youre looking to pursue, etc. Just try to make good connections in school and it may be easier to find a job after it.

Thanks for your input dude, any info is good info I guess, and I would do nursing if it wasn't so impacted at EVERY school. I'm afraid by the time I graduate the nursing field is going to be flooded with all those people flocking into that field.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

July 25, 2012 @ 23:00:11
in a 6 year physician assistant program. (◕ ‿ ◕ ✿)

If I knew what I know now, I would've aimed for a PA program out of HS.

What I'm working with:

Fire tech degree from the local CC, but I can't complain.

Looking for -- Triumvir BDU jacket and NBHDxstussyxlevis jacket both in small

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

July 25, 2012 @ 23:43:39
majoring in hypebeast, studying at the BAYCC
July 26, 2012 @ 00:17:10
@fuckinrevs I'm thinkin about studying healthcare administration, and was wonderin if you have any insight on employment opportunities upon graduation. I already looked at the info the BLS has to offer, but I want a second opinion on the likely hood of me finding a job after school.

I honestly couldn't tell you alot man. Sorry. But like I said, nursing jobs are in demand and I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to find a position somewhere in the healthcare field after you finish school. If you haven't thought about it yet, are their co-op positions offered during the summer, or internships offered for your major? It's all about networking when you're in college, and a co-op position offers alot, meet new people with similar goals as you, possibly get paid, get experience in the field youre looking to pursue, etc. Just try to make good connections in school and it may be easier to find a job after it.

Thanks for your input dude, any info is good info I guess, and I would do nursing if it wasn't so impacted at EVERY school. I'm afraid by the time I graduate the nursing field is going to be flooded with all those people flocking into that field.

About nursing internships is it possible to get a paid internships thats related to the nursing major??if so what do you do??
July 26, 2012 @ 01:48:43
kinesiology
July 26, 2012 @ 02:27:24
Finance.
July 26, 2012 @ 02:28:54
still undecided ?)
July 26, 2012 @ 02:35:54
still undecided ?)

muh nigguh u gotta declare a major muh nigguh u gon be disappointed by how much money u waste muh nigga cmon.
July 26, 2012 @ 02:36:39
WTF u delete my post for OP!?!?!?!?!?!?
July 26, 2012 @ 02:37:56
Gilly Suits
Media Arts (communications) and information technology (business engineering). Double majoring.
July 26, 2012 @ 02:42:14
REVS
still undecided ?)

muh nigguh u gotta declare a major muh nigguh u gon be disappointed by how much money u waste muh nigga cmon.

Don't listen to this. Alot of people go into school not sure what they really want to do. Just take all your gen ed's (English comp, lit, basic math, etc) and although it might sound gay...but find who you are. Don't stress over it, I started school not knowing what I wanted to do too, it'll come to you, just relax.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

July 26, 2012 @ 03:00:03
Information systems n minor in accounting =)
make accounting your major also and you will make bank
July 26, 2012 @ 03:15:12
Advertising @ MichState

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

July 26, 2012 @ 04:57:06
UW-Madison
Journalism (Strategic Communications, Advertising & PR)
Currently an online marketing intern at a software company. Looking to hopefully get intern experience at an advertising agency at some point. Want to land an Account Executive position post graduation.

Fuck your plug come shop w/ me.

July 26, 2012 @ 04:58:43
Advertising @ MichState

Michigan State smokeyface

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

July 26, 2012 @ 05:11:16
@mawngo

Where at?

wilberforce u
July 26, 2012 @ 05:13:11
my major is lazer smokeyface

hop on the bus gus

July 26, 2012 @ 07:01:28
Information systems n minor in accounting =)
make accounting your major also and you will make bank

accounting is a stable career, but far from "bank" imo. all depends on your definition of bank as well. but, 60-100k is more stable and middle class to me.
The combination of having an information systems degree and accounting will take you far

trust me, both majors intertwine with each other, especially when it comes to running a business
July 26, 2012 @ 08:04:43
Advertising @ MichState

sparty on

July 26, 2012 @ 16:09:17
Advertising @ MichState

How do you guys manage to foot the bills at these major schools? financial aid or?

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

July 26, 2012 @ 16:48:19
Shit's really expensive not going to lie but hopefully it pays off in the end. One of the biggest things for me is a prepaid tuition plan from when I was younger for really cheap that is paying off a ton now. Lots of small scholarships, I took out loans, and my parents have put money aside for me to go to school since I was little. The loans can be a pain in the ass but I've been putting my summer job money in savings and already saved enough to not have to take one of the unsubsidized ones. My logic is I would rather graduate without a ton of debt that will keep me from making somewhat risky moves in my career or doing whatever I want to do than buying a ton of shit now that won't be worth it in the long run.
July 26, 2012 @ 16:57:04
Pre Law/ Economics Major for undergrad. Hoping to start law school @ University Colorado Boulder in 2013 when i get out of the Army!

www.theargotiers.com

July 26, 2012 @ 16:59:29
Advertising @ MichState

How do you guys manage to foot the bills at these major schools? financial aid or?

I joined the Army for 4 years. Active Duty. But I know that the National Guard in most states pay for school 100%. Not a bad gig. 4 years flew by. and all my friends back home in tampa are doing the exact same shit. Most of them are going to USF very part time. With no hopes of graduating anytime soon, due to too much Partying and Bullshitting.

www.theargotiers.com

July 26, 2012 @ 18:01:18
Gilly Suits

I joined the Army for 4 years. Active Duty. But I know that the National Guard in most states pay for school 100%. Not a bad gig. 4 years flew by. and all my friends back home in tampa are doing the exact same shit. Most of them are going to USF very part time. With no hopes of graduating anytime soon, due to too much Partying and Bullshitting.

They pay for the bill after you pay for it -yourself. My recent college roommate explained this to me. Yes your schooling is paid for after you initially pay for it they reimburse you.

July 26, 2012 @ 18:42:29
major in fashionz at DeVry
Please login first to reply.
x