What's your MAJOR?

July 24, 2012 @ 18:54:50 PM
Culinary management but probably going to switch to something else losing interest in my degree...
July 24, 2012 @ 19:46:50 PM
Information Systems

UNR

Save 20% off from Karmaloop.com Use REP CODE: SUBTRACT

July 24, 2012 @ 21:07:30 PM
Going into accounting..shit seems mad boring but it's real secure. Sort of hoping I find something more interesting in the near future
July 24, 2012 @ 22:06:15 PM
Graphic Design / Advertising. tryna get on that Don Draper lifestyle smokeyface
July 24, 2012 @ 22:40:09 PM
Starting my freshman year at WVU pretty soon.
Majoring in Sociology/Anthropology. Might decide later to minor in Economics and dual major with Political Science.
Anyone else on HB goin to/currently at WVU?

To be honest, definitely minor in Econ, or consider changing major, unless you know exactly what you want to do.
Although you'll do well with that major (because it's easy), the job outlook in the future might not be.

...Wouldn't waste time with psychology. I know many people that got a B.S. in psychology and work regular jobs. Better off getting a certificate for something. Unless you enjoy being a guidance counselor or whatnot.

Better than a B.A in Psychology....
July 25, 2012 @ 00:31:07 AM
@slap
There is a few routes I'm gonna try to take. Might minor in econ and work for companies/think tanks doing research. or might just go through then get masters and PhD in Archaeology. Or I might dual major with the political science and go into politics.

FOR SALE >>> Bape XXL tees and Nike Dunk Low Pro B Size 10 - PM me! #GardnerGang #FloralFam

July 25, 2012 @ 00:58:50 AM
whats a major that allows you to get a job where you make money but is not so boring or tedious that it makes you wanna cut your wrists?
July 25, 2012 @ 03:44:56 AM
REVS
Forum Moderator
If you're in college, where do you go and what are you studying??

Sort of confused as what is the best method to get into the industry, but also make some money.

Advertisement/Website-Blog/Social Media type stuff..

Haha dipshit. If you're going to be a fucking blogger, don't waste your parents money at a University. Listen, if you're not going to a 4 year universtiy for Pre-Med/Law, Business, or Engineering don't fucking bother going. Anyone who is getting their major in liberal arts, psychology, art, music, education, urban studies major, please for the love of god take your own fucking life.

But hey, two naked dudes made facebook in their college dorm and now they're payed as fuck, so I guess there's a little bit of wiggle room.

Harsh, but true, and in terms of employment opportunities, and earnings isn't marketing the worst concentration of business?

Yes, unless the school you go to has good connections to good marketing companies and you yourself made good connections in school, you wouldn't really be making alot. Like someone else said my buddy is going to school for nursing, which is usually in high demand, it might sound gay as of right now to be a dude and study nursing...but atleast he'll most likely find employment after school.

Listen, for anyone who's intelligent, willing to work hard, and would like to make money/find employment after school. I would advise you to look into Engineering as your major. My brother who is at Pitt and about to be a senior is a biomedical engineering major, did a co-op position this past year with GSK (Glaxosmithkline), made connections for after school, got the experience, and also got paid 25 dollars an hour.

This being said, anyone who's looking into Engineering as a major, it's hard, and I mean really hard. Alot of Chem (Organic/Inorganic), Bio, Calc, etc. But if you did well in high school, and apply yourself in college, it's a feild that can lead to career opportunities and pretty good pay.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

2 posts are hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

July 25, 2012 @ 04:02:07 AM
you all are right about that engineering shit, but if you lack interest in it...you will put yourself thru hell for 5 years and it will be difficult to thrive. that engineering shit is no ho, don't let anyone fool you. i started majoring in engineering for the stability and bread, but after a year and a half i just couldn't put myself thru that shit anymore.

the trick is to find something you like enough that will enable you to support and sustain your lifestyle. or, just go to a ballin ass school in major in exactly what you want. think you won't get a job? just ask john legend... b.a. in african american studies @ upenn, got picked up by the #3 consulting firm in the country. its not what you know, its who you know...you'll have a waaaay more exclusive network at the elite schools
July 25, 2012 @ 07:50:26 AM
@fuckinrevs I'm thinkin about studying healthcare administration, and was wonderin if you have any insight on employment opportunities upon graduation. I already looked at the info the BLS has to offer, but I want a second opinion on the likely hood of me finding a job after school.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

July 25, 2012 @ 08:18:50 AM
the system is different in europe but i'm planning to get a master in molecular biology smokeyface
July 25, 2012 @ 08:28:53 AM
i go to SFSU, majoring in kinesiology smokeyface ac chillen
July 25, 2012 @ 09:25:09 AM
i go to SFSU, majoring in kinesiology smokeyface ac chillen

how is SFSU? i was really close to committing there as a freshman this fall but i've heard more complaints than good things about the school
July 25, 2012 @ 09:29:56 AM
Information systems n minor in accounting =)
July 25, 2012 @ 09:34:28 AM
Going to IU, wanna double major in political science and spanish.
July 25, 2012 @ 09:47:31 AM
going to major in animation. Even though i can learn most of that shit on youtube im going to school for networking and internships. and having a major in animation allows me to work in multiple fields from films, to games, to advertisements etc.

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

July 25, 2012 @ 09:52:03 AM
I recently graduated as a Media Designer with a specialty in Art & Design, and before this I've studied Retail and Administration.

Good Vibes Only..

July 25, 2012 @ 13:01:35 PM
REVS
Forum Moderator
@fuckinrevs I'm thinkin about studying healthcare administration, and was wonderin if you have any insight on employment opportunities upon graduation. I already looked at the info the BLS has to offer, but I want a second opinion on the likely hood of me finding a job after school.

I honestly couldn't tell you alot man. Sorry. But like I said, nursing jobs are in demand and I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to find a position somewhere in the healthcare field after you finish school. If you haven't thought about it yet, are their co-op positions offered during the summer, or internships offered for your major? It's all about networking when you're in college, and a co-op position offers alot, meet new people with similar goals as you, possibly get paid, get experience in the field youre looking to pursue, etc. Just try to make good connections in school and it may be easier to find a job after it.

July 25, 2012 @ 13:20:25 PM
Computer Engineering
So much work but it will pay off some day
July 25, 2012 @ 13:34:01 PM
UW-Milwaukee

Double Major.
-Marketing.
-Graphic Design.
July 25, 2012 @ 14:19:52 PM
REVS
Forum Moderator
UW-Milwaukee

Double Major.
-Marketing.
-Graphic Design.

That's actually a really good two majors to double in. Nice call

July 25, 2012 @ 14:47:42 PM
Journalism (public relations tract or 0 sports) and communications. Going to be interning at espn next summer to see if i really want to go that route with sports otherwise I'll stick with PR.

Still might do law school but $5 0 0 0 0 is a steep fucking price for three more years of school.
July 25, 2012 @ 20:04:25 PM
Okay so i jsut looked at my schedule for college and it turns out i only have 4 classes a week. Is this normal? I looked at some of my facebook friends schedules cause idk y but a lot of them started posting their schedules up in fb. They have more classes per week on their schedules than i do on mine. blinkyeyes Anybody know the reason why?
July 25, 2012 @ 20:09:09 PM
computer science at cal poly slo
July 25, 2012 @ 20:25:22 PM

Inactive User

Law school smh

2 posts are hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

July 25, 2012 @ 20:55:44 PM
Poli sci
Please login first to reply.
x