Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
July 13, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
REVS

anybody here goin to college in new jersey if u r wer at. Lets be friends please.

The fuck goes to New Jersey having other intentions than going to the shore? I feel bad for you, what a shitty state.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

July 13, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
Black Donald Trump

i went through something similar, going from a pretty large close-knit group of friends in high school to just 1 or 2 good friends in college and a bunch of other people i know but dont really hang out with much. best way to make friends though is to just be openminded and nice. and outgoing. a lot of times it really doesn't matter what you say to get the conversation started it could be stupid as hell but so long as youre not a total asshole youll make some friends.

honestly though part of growing up is learning how to be more alone/independent. you should meet people with time but you will likely not have as many as you did in high school or at least wont be as close with them and you'll have to come to terms with that and learn to be happy on your own, keep yourself busy, and find things you enjoy doing. focus on what you want to do in the future and do you, and hang with friends on the weekend if you can. shit a lot of times i only go out once a weekend and just chill with my roommates and work the other night, and im completely fine with that at this point. just dont get down on yourself. its very likely that many of the people you see as being part of a "niche" are not all that close with each other either.
July 13, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
almondania

I just got back from freshmen orientation, I made friends by finding the other niggas walking around bored like me. Just say something!

what orientation bruh

Indiana University. cool
July 13, 2012 @ 04:02 AM
Cybrax2

Fuck nigga...

- Study Group (bitches will be inclined to talk to you if they know you're smart as fuck)
- Don't be socially awkward
- Read http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671579592

I dont even dorm
July 13, 2012 @ 06:46 AM
LA_Kid

anybody here goin to college in new jersey if u r wer at. Lets be friends please.

taskforce bitch mob nigga

July 13, 2012 @ 12:56 PM
guyitsmathew

honestly though part of growing up is learning how to be more alone/independent. you should meet people with time but you will likely not have as many as you did in high school or at least wont be as close with them and you'll have to come to terms with that and learn to be happy on your own, keep yourself busy, and find things you enjoy doing. focus on what you want to do in the future and do you, and hang with friends on the weekend if you can. shit a lot of times i only go out once a weekend and just chill with my roommates and work the other night, and im completely fine with that at this point. just dont get down on yourself. its very likely that many of the people you see as being part of a "niche" are not all that close with each other either.

This, I realized when I first got into college I had a hard adjusting to not always hanging out with a huge group of friends like I did in HS. Now being a sophomore in college, I've become so independent.. I don't even hit up my friends anymore as sad as it sounds being independent is something you just have to learn to do. I love it, I've discovered new hobbies and explored into new things from being independent. As far as meeting people just be open minded and nice like everyone is saying. You'll make some connections even if they're just little ones. Everyone in college most of the time is by themselves so you might as well hit it off with someone regardless.

http://www.guyitsmathew.net/

July 13, 2012 @ 11:42 PM
zzzboy

you have to join clubs to meet people. you will rarely meet lasting friends in class. making friends in your dorms is a hit or miss.

i only made a few good friends in college. no one even listened to rap in my dorm first year + didn't want to join any clubs alone. fuck that shit.
July 15, 2012 @ 07:01 AM
Lew

you have to join clubs to meet people. you will rarely meet lasting friends in class. making friends in your dorms is a hit or miss.

i only made a few good friends in college. no one even listened to rap in my dorm first year + didn't want to join any clubs alone. fuck that shit.
dorms are hit or miss, I've had a roommate that called the ra on me for me inviting a bunch of girls over
February 18, 2013 @ 05:41 PM
Ayoma

suspended

going back to commuting (for financial purposes), I attempted to get involve, I try to know people but it's still very difficult. 
February 18, 2013 @ 05:52 PM
theglory

Step 1. go up to random ppl and be like "aye i got a 20 sack, u tryna burn?"
Step 2. become bff
Step 3. ???
Step 4. profit
February 18, 2013 @ 06:04 PM
dmwalking

going back to commuting (for financial purposes), I attempted to get involve, I try to know people but it's still very difficult. 

Dog, you're probably turning people off because you're coming off as too needy.  People come and go as they please because they have their own lives and have no obligation to be your friend.

A simple way to make friends, besides joining college groups where people share common interests, is to just be fun to be around.  If you're awkard, you make the group awkward. If you're too quiet, you'll be forgotten. If you're too dominant, people won't like that you don't let them speak.  Just be fun to be around. Make people laugh. Give good insight. Be enjoyable. BYOB. Don't be invasive. It's pretty simple dog.

And don't be needy. Let friendships develop.  I don't have a single friend that I just went up to like, "hey, let's be friends!."  I just cross paths with people who I click with and want to hang around more often.  You be that guy that people say, "ah, this guy is cool. I wanna chill with them more often."  Simple. Be the best you. The rest falls into place.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

March 8, 2013 @ 10:49 PM
Ayoma

suspended

I aint needy b. I'm just having trouble opening my mouth to strangers. I know their just human but its hard. ya know what I mean?
March 9, 2013 @ 07:19 PM
hiddentiga

suspended

just remember: everyones lowkey worrying about the same thing you are.  so no need to worry.
March 9, 2013 @ 07:43 PM
Mr_Chukes

Find a girlfriend or just make friends with. Someone in your class. 
March 11, 2013 @ 08:40 AM
bonemarrow

where do you go to school?

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

March 21, 2013 @ 07:09 PM
Ayoma

suspended

just remember: everyones lowkey worrying about the same thing you are.  so no need to worry.
Yes, I am well aware of that. However, every class I walk into, no one wants to talk. It's easy to say do the initiating but it's still very intimidating. How do I get out of my comfort zone? I'm not good with negotiating a conversation with stranger, even if it's just another student. If it's a girl, I'm even more clueless.

Please login first to reply.