Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 4, 2012 @ 02:15 AM
Ayoma

suspended

I work for a retail store doing mainly stocks. It gets tiring fast, and at times I question why I'm doing manual labor. All my co-workers have it easier than me. I feel taken advantage of, and being overlooked by my diligence. My manager has a short temper and always want things his way. Assistant manager makes me work my ass off. I'll be the one to admit that I sometime take comments or attitude displayed by others to heart. I'm only staying because of the pay (though it's minimum). I know had I not worked, my summer would be boring. Have you experience this? What did you do to combat it? I honestly don't like being blunt and confront with what's bothering me. No smart ass answers please!

edit- I'm not going to bother paying attention to the negative comments. Obvious your mother raised you poorly.
July 4, 2012 @ 02:45 AM
twothreechi

stop being a bitch
July 4, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
WPGMB

^
doing stock isnt bad at all. I do the same shit, I'd actually rather do it then deal with the fucking massive amounts of asian and brown fob families that come into my store and fuck everything up. fucking adidas...
July 4, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
Ricky07

Quit complaining you fucking 16 year old, outlet mall working ass bitch.. Clearly if your manager hasn't noticed your fast paced skills in the stock room then you're not working hard enough. If you are working quickly and they aren't acknowledging you then they are clearly incompetent as fuck like 90% of retail managers.

Get the fuck over it, I'm sure your parents pay for all your shit anyways...

//
July 4, 2012 @ 02:57 AM
Ayoma

suspended

FuckinREVS - Thank you for the mature answer. It's not easy to just suck it up day by day while feeling miserable (both mentally and physically). At my job I am always constantly active, finding work though I wasn't asked. However, everyday I put up with criticism. I definitely had moments when I contemplated on quitting and questioned if it's really worth staying. I want the manager to put some good words for reference as it will come in handy so I am not trying to start a confrontation or get on his bad side. I just feel I HAVE to be submissive. Is this normal?
July 4, 2012 @ 02:59 AM
yomari

Word retail isnt that bad, but you cant be having your managers talk to you like a little kid. You gotta make that clear from the jump, or else you are just gonna get taken advantage of. But other than that just make sure to do your job well, dont worry about what other people are doing.
July 4, 2012 @ 03:00 AM
Ayoma

suspended

You gotta make that clear from the jump, or else you are just gonna get taken advantage of.

can you elaborate on that please?

best,
July 4, 2012 @ 03:02 AM
REVS

I guess it depends on alot of stuff. If you're just normally a submissive person then it really isn't that odd. Is it your first job? How long have you been working there?

I just know from experience that when I first started working I would basically do anything my boss told me to do, but after a while I just became more comfortable and I wasn't always trying to please people. This being said, it's not like you can't just slack off and not do your job, you have to get your shit done. I guess the point is, there's going to have to be a time when you need to stand up for yourself, have a back bone. Confrontation blows, but if you let people just walk all over you it's even worse.

I prefer carcinogens to endorphins.

July 4, 2012 @ 03:10 AM

Inactive

i think you should buy a gun with your pay and kill yourself.

That would be the easy way out.
July 4, 2012 @ 03:11 AM
Ayoma

suspended

I only been working a few weeks or so. However, I noticed some of my co-workers are more laid back with their work. I act submissive because my manager is quite intimidating. Call me a bitch, but I am just being real with myself.

Your responses were very helpful, FuckinREVS. Thank you.
July 4, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
No Fuxx Given

FuckinREVS - I love sucking ur dick and I can't take other ppl being real bc i am simply a bitch slurp slurp slurp

This is what I read

Fly on little wing

July 4, 2012 @ 03:28 AM
REVS

FuckinREVS - I love sucking ur dick and I can't take other ppl being real bc i am simply a bitch slurp slurp slurp

I like his dick too actually

Thanks boss.

July 4, 2012 @ 03:28 AM
yomari

You gotta make that clear from the jump, or else you are just gonna get taken advantage of.

can you elaborate on that please?

best,

Aight so i kind of went through the same situation in retail, basically an asst manager was trying to get over on me. I told him i needed to speak to him and told him that i do like my job but i do not appreciate being spoken to like a child, an that we are both grown men and deserve respect.I come to work to do just that WORK, not to be disciplined. 2 weeks later homie does the same thing, so i just spoke to the head honcho and was like i feel like blah blah is singling me out... Havent heard nothing from dude but good job in months.. Once again dont worry about what your co workers are doing, because you dont know if they are on the chopping block to get fired or not. Just do your job and do it well and you will have no problems. You got this
July 4, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
No Fuxx Given

I think that niggas gay

I'm secretly gay.

Yup

Fly on little wing

July 4, 2012 @ 03:39 AM
KDeezy

Apply to Walmart or something, They pay like $2-$3 more than minimum wage here

Selling Supreme- CDG, Olive Lodge, Snakeskin, Ikat, Ripstop, Rare Blue and Black Checkered - http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/175307/

July 4, 2012 @ 03:39 AM
cheyaaa

dude is insecure

http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/174420

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

July 4, 2012 @ 03:41 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

dude is insecure

http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/174420

/DEAD

:)

July 4, 2012 @ 03:42 AM
REVS

I think that niggas gay

I'm secretly gay.

Yup

Good one.

July 4, 2012 @ 03:51 AM
stalker46ss

i just had a macys interview today. Damn i get so anxious being interviewed though like i wasnt able to say all thing i wanted. Any tips for interview anxiety??
July 4, 2012 @ 03:52 AM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

i just had a macys interview today. Damn i get so anxious being interviewed though like i wasnt able to say all thing i wanted. Any tips for interview anxiety??

Pics of keyed car or gtfo!!

:)

July 4, 2012 @ 03:59 AM
stalker46ss

^ Be patient young shaolin. Patience is key.
August 27, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
Ayoma

suspended

Turns out I stuck through it. smile

For anyone going through a similar situation, use this as reference, no matter if it's a retail or professional job.
Just remember, tomm's gonna be a new day.
August 27, 2012 @ 03:01 AM
johnathan

Honestly reminds me of my job. Stay there and do your work. Your co-workers I have a feeling are much older than you making their living at a shitty retail job so don't trip when they take shots at you just take them, and take the pay nigga.. because at the end of the day your life doesnt revolve around your shitty job, but theirs does so dont feel bad.

free max b 2013

August 27, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
Ayoma

suspended

I am not one to judge one's occupation, but that statement holds some truth.
August 27, 2012 @ 03:29 AM
99%Shit

Get out of stock and into dealing with customers. Learn to fake niceties and you're fucking golden in dealing with customers and you WILL get customers phoning in praise or telling your manager personally, as most other CSRs are rude and stupid as fuck. I've had managers that like me personally, and those that don't, their opinions don't mean shit if the customers like you. Trying to please a boss or manager is a losing battle, it just takes one disagreement with a childish manager and they will NEVER like you. However, pleasing customers is cake, son.

Also, learning to fake being nice/creating small talk will help you with subsequent interviews and meeting with potential employers, not to mention in personal social situations.

I regret doing manual labour in my youth. I made more money, but all that money got wasted on partying anyway. If I had done retail from ~16 onward, I'd be manager already and upgrading to move into head office. Instead, I'm waiting to be 'team lead' for our store and our 2 other alternate locations.

Who knows doe, you could hate working with people and retail in general. At least you'll know doe.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 27, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
Panther.

^just dont be that annoying girl/guy trying to pressure you into buying fucking everything and youre like uuuuh no.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

Please login first to reply.