FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
June 21, 2012 @ 02:50 AM
internet

Also we got kids who joined in around the same time as me and already have over 700 fucking posts.

Co-Sign

Thank you relevant 2012 member. You deserve a gold star for non-OF dickriding achievements.
June 21, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
jaded

Moderation is extremely laxed. You have to go pretty far to get a suspension, and even then most mods choose the shortest suspension duration.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

June 21, 2012 @ 02:57 AM
DREWKKAKE

I look at it this way...

Alot of the problems currently aren't due to bad moderation (they do an OK job for the most part). I noticed a decline in valuable contributions once the "Flame Someone = Infraction" under wdywt began, as well as the rampant troll accounts created daily that contribute nothing of substance. I have no problem seeing someone get torn into and vice versa, it's when users that contribute NOTHING to the board do this that it becomes a problem.

I'd like to see bad trolls with multiple accounts IP banned for life.

I'd like to see flaming return to the WDYWT thread as long as seniority and relevancy are takin into consideration.
(it's beneficial as weak posters are either shunned or become inspired to take any relevant advice and put it to use for further fits)

Moral of all this, I think you should have at least 50-100+ relevant posts in the fashion related boards before you can POST in the off-topic board (don't make it private, just make it so only relevant users can post). It's completely polluted with wannabe funny guys who can't even get mom and dad to buy them a camera-phone so they can post fit pics.

I think less moderation and stricter guidelines would serve the community very well. It's seemed to have worked well in the Supreme and Black Scale threads well at least...

lol the wdywt thing was made like that right about the time i closed registration on vbulletin. for about 2 years i was manually making accounts for the people who emailed us about closed registration. Registration won't close any time soon, but the lack of permanent bans should make it unnecessary to create new accounts when banned.

as for the wdywt, the chat edition is there for people to talk about the outfits, that will never change. mods do their part and delete most of the bullshit at times when you guys decide to dedicate 10 pages to making fun of one user. if you guys could hold off on that, the thread would be fine. Bad fits are bad, tell them why. good fits get praise. the wdywt thread is how most of you learn how to dress. if you think the quality has gone down in the wdywt thread the answer is to post a fit.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

June 21, 2012 @ 02:57 AM

Inactive

I look at it this way...

Alot of the problems currently aren't due to bad moderation (they do an OK job for the most part). I noticed a decline in valuable contributions once the "Flame Someone = Infraction" under wdywt began, as well as the rampant troll accounts created daily that contribute nothing of substance. I have no problem seeing someone get torn into and vice versa, it's when users that contribute NOTHING to the board do this that it becomes a problem.

I'd like to see flaming return to the WDYWT thread as long as seniority and relevancy are takin into consideration.
(it's beneficial as weak posters are either shunned or become inspired to take any relevant advice and put it to use for further fits)

Moral of all this, I think you should have at least 50-100+ relevant posts in the fashion related boards before you can POST in the off-topic board (don't make it private, just make it so only relevant users can post). It's completely polluted with wannabe funny guys who can't even get mom and dad to buy them a camera-phone so they can post fit pics.

I think less moderation and stricter guidelines would serve the community very well. It's seemed to have worked well in the Supreme and Black Scale threads well at least...

Amen.
June 21, 2012 @ 03:00 AM
PKdaGod

PK is bringing HB back though.

too few real niggas out of the 2011-2012 members here
June 21, 2012 @ 03:13 AM
Rizal

But they are fgts?

All I want is the ability to go to my last read post

this
i be scrollin thru threads and find posts i forgot i made cause i was shitfaced

June 21, 2012 @ 03:15 AM
internet

if you think the quality has gone down in the wdywt thread the answer is to post a fit.

mah nigah. i believe i'll do just that.

I just think a 50+ post count to contribute to the this board would be beneficial. I'll work on what I can do to improve the boards quality however I don't think it'd be unreasonable for you to consider some of the input displayed here. In the end we're all lookin to strengthen the boards user base and accomplish the same goal.
June 21, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
Rizal

This nigga internet voted for HBs advocate.
June 21, 2012 @ 03:25 AM
Norrin Radd

Drew, please bring back the hearts censoring any form of nigga/nigger

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

June 21, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
DREWKKAKE

lol internet, when you stick a post count requirement on anything it leads to more spamming till members get to that point.

haha@the hearts. im glad you guys enjoyed that while it lasted

June 21, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
Pantic

Drew u never told me who the sus asian from coachella hb meetup in your video is, i still wanna know sad
June 21, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
Norrin Radd

lol internet, when you stick a post count requirement on anything it leads to more spamming till members get to that point.

haha@the hearts. im glad you guys enjoyed that while it lasted

so thats a no then?

can we get some font colors back in the shoutbox?

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

June 21, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
PKdaGod

Drew, please bring back the hearts censoring any form of nigga/nigger
June 21, 2012 @ 03:38 AM
chex

tbh switching from vbulletin changed HB. anyone got a pic of how the old HB use to look? i forgot how it looked
June 21, 2012 @ 03:38 AM
DREWKKAKE

the apparent suss asian was ian wang.

and ive been denied color in the shoutbox already

June 21, 2012 @ 03:42 AM
abovetheseclouds

this site needs notifications for when you are quoted
and a lot of other shit
June 21, 2012 @ 03:44 AM
chex

you also need the selection of emoticons on the side of posting too. some people dont know the code for cool and what not
June 21, 2012 @ 03:46 AM
smartmonkey

Get off the internet, internet.

FOLLOW ME @ https://twitter.com/Fhenomenon1

June 21, 2012 @ 03:53 AM
th3kid

I look at it this way...

(it's beneficial as weak posters are either shunned or become inspired to take any relevant advice and put it to use for further fits). If you don't wanna get flamed and think your style is perfection post in the 'Pics Only' thread.

Edit***

Also, we should get sticky threads revived (is this being coded currently? I know since it's not phpbb it may be slightly difficult). Daily Pickups, Wdywt Pics only, Forum Rules, and a Shoutbox thread should be the first thing people see when they enter this board. We're better than what we've became and a renaissance will eventually occur once the OF hype has faded but for now we need stricter guidelines. We're getting trampled on by 14 y/o shitheads.

I don't agree with most of this.

The "Flaming User=Infraction" has been in place for as long as I can remember. I remember it being there when Lefty was a big wig when I first started lurking.

I do agree with your stance on the daily troll accounts/users contributing NOTHING of substance though. IMO, if someone trolls, and you see majority of the users don't think it's funny/shun their trollage, they should be on a watch list of types where if they continue to post non funny/non productive posts then they should be permabanned. I also agree with the the permaban of people with multiple accounts for trolling.

Nowadays, flaming in the WDYW is a little OD, so I agree with Drew. "Back in the day," flaming would last a few pages, then you'd get a few straggler "Lol" or "Dead" pic quotes then it'd be over, now everyone drags it along trying to be the funniest person to troll the guy with the bad fit. That also goes for every other thread in the OT. Boland makes a thread and there's one reply to his actual thread the rest is gay bashing and people trying to be funny trolls. I don't mind trolling but it's definitely OD these days.

I completely disagree with the idea of having a certain number of posts to post in the OT. I can easily go to any other section here that doesn't get a lot traffic and be srs, then come to OT and troll my dick off. Post count/Join date don't necessarily mean anything, BUT in my experience on forums, people with older join dates and higher post counts (more so for the join date than the post count) know the forum "ethics" and how to "behave" in the forum.

I would hate to see HB become like NT. NT is a great forum, but the way Meth and a few of the mods there have it is a little outrageous as far as what's allowed. I'd like to see HB have the amount of productive members NT has and just tweak the moddage just a bit from how it is now. The way you guys mod now is to just lock a thread instead of ban specific non productive/troll members in the thread (i/e Supreme thread). It should be more individualized so that the community doesn't have to suffer, only those responsible for lessening the quality do.

Edit: I'd also like to see a few board changes, stickied threads, a preview option, certain textual things (bold, italics, bigger font size), etc. Just small things.
June 21, 2012 @ 04:15 AM
jaded

Threads like the Supreme thread or the Black Scale thread were only closed to allow a mod to clean up the mess. It can be hard for a mod to keep up when things get out of control, especially in a thread like the Supreme thread after a drop. The person or people who cause the problem are suspended and the thread is closed briefly to clean up the mess.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

June 21, 2012 @ 04:45 AM
Vancouver

It's just dying because times have changed. I remember I used to frequent sites like Streetballtalk and WCremix. They were popular as hell then they just died out. WCremix was so popular many people were able to make sites for basketball/psds and make bank.

I think fashion and the internet especially are changing fast while Hypebeast is staying relatively the same and thus, slowly dying. Our own little slang words and stuff haven't really changed much either but internet memes and such have. People don't find HB funny anymore. We're outdated... and the search function blows.

People have moved on to more "hipster" styles and sites like lookbook, sufu, styleforum (not so much hipster but modern americana with hipster qualities). Just look at YouTube and the videos that are popular nowadays. This is the generation of the internet and social media, and it is affecting our culture in so many ways, and in this case - fashion. Tumblr is also to blame, and the pinoids of Cali.

I for one, do not welcome our new hipster overlords.
June 21, 2012 @ 04:56 AM
Trollinator

Yo galaxy miss fly, if you want to write a novel...I can direct you to the right people.

just let me know.

I want to see the world burn

June 21, 2012 @ 05:02 AM
playboyxxx

the past two ether threads (two white nigs) haven't been funny. no ones really funny anymore that's the problem niggas is just mean and whatever saying bullshit to get a gay ass *DEAD* or overused casket pic or gif. last good ether thread was kris kay where ape talked about licking niggas sisters ashy knees lmfao

pink like hamilton

June 21, 2012 @ 05:16 AM
NapoleonComplex

i've gained alot of respect for you drew after reading this thread.
on the real tho old members have to deal with the fact that og members will most likely not comeback other than to give a shoutout thread or laugh at a herb getting ethered. deal with it.
You guys are running the site just fine. it takes the stuck up their ass og members to realize that shit changes members come and go to realize that hb isnt dead just because a funny member left.
i still wont change my sig tho

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

June 21, 2012 @ 05:22 AM
deadpooL

Chill.
June 21, 2012 @ 06:53 AM
AG23

i been active here since like 06 and real talk the perm bans were bullshit. I got hit with a the 3 infraction perm on my 06 og account. then i get permed on my 07 account for flaming some faggot mod that was leaving the site for good. Overall these new mods are pretty soft, but drew has always kept it pretty real. Hes doing a good job right now. But the losing alot of ogs who chose not to return contributed to the bullshit we're in now. People are bitching but to be honest it was alot worse right before the nuclear holocaust of switching from vbulletin. I came back recently and I can def see that theyre letting alot of shit slide in order to stimulate OT. theres only a couple real niggas keeping OT alive, but this influx of 2012 trolls is killing us. Trolling is an art faggots.
June 21, 2012 @ 07:03 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

drewbacca, please ban yourself.
June 21, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
ThugBear Numba6

suspended

FUCK DA OG MEMBERS

Suck my muthafuckin dick you dusty ass niggas yo reg date don't mean shit, nobody except yall care about bein OG.
Eat my young, fresh, and salty 2012 scrotum.
June 21, 2012 @ 07:59 AM
DREWKKAKE

The best part about it is probably that these 2012 names are just old members who got bored and decided to come back with a new name and troll

June 21, 2012 @ 08:02 AM
Fitch

The biggest problem with the off topic section is that everybody thinks they're such a fucking comedian. Their "trolling" isn't remotely comical, it's fucking retarded. To add to that, I think there's also plenty of dipshits on here who are genuinely and naturally stupid/annoying/braindead but go under the title of "troll" to sound like their annoyance is justified. To quote it in someone else's words:

"It has become far too easy for anyone on the Internet these days to simply use the copout of being a "troll" when they get called out for being a dipshit. It's the Internet equivalent of a twist ending where you make it seem like you're a mastermind and planned your ruse all along. However, in order to be a troll, you have to have the intent to be a troll. You can't decide to be a troll after the fact."

Please login first to reply.