Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 21, 2012 @ 01:50 AM

Inactive

-The lack of classic threads
-Classic threads getting deleted, (which adds to point 1)
-Too much ineffective trolling (which doesn't get deleted, but the good trolling gets deleted)
-Banning members who actively contributed a lot to HB and made it a fun place
-Open registration (gift & a curse: the members that were banned who did + for the site aren't coming back, so only the herbs end up registering)
-The decline in the quality of fits (this goes hand-in-hand with the banishment of some members)
-There is barely any material where people want to actually participate in, discuss, or feel the need to respond to (again, this adds to point 2 because posts or threads like these seem to get deleted)
-Most new mods are herbs and are just not funny. Also, they make bad choices, which contributes to many of the points listed above.
-The search function does not work. smfh

That's all I can think of for now, care to add? Maybe we can compile a list of suggestions so that the people in charge can notice and pay attention to this stuff.
June 21, 2012 @ 01:52 AM
backlikethat

r u calling me a herb?
June 21, 2012 @ 01:52 AM
Kamikaze

Apache you the man
June 21, 2012 @ 01:53 AM

Inactive

r u calling me a herb?

tbh idk who you are.
June 21, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
DREWKKAKE

we are constantly working on the problems in the new system. I send the programmers emails on a daily basis addressing new problems that we find.

I made sure we aren't using the permanent ban function for a reason. Why do you think I have everybody using temporary suspensions?

Search function is being worked on as well.

Maybe if you guys who claim to be og members could be civil to new members instead of calling them faggots, you would help keep the quality of the forum alive.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

June 21, 2012 @ 01:59 AM
backlikethat

Apache you the man

woot
June 21, 2012 @ 02:01 AM
Legit Shit

But they are fgts?

All I want is the ability to go to my last read post

upthefunk

June 21, 2012 @ 02:03 AM
KTA

But they are fgts?

All I want is the ability to go to my last read post

this
i be scrollin thru threads and find posts i forgot i made cause i was shitfaced
June 21, 2012 @ 02:08 AM

Inactive

we are constantly working on the problems in the new system. I send the programmers emails on a daily basis addressing new problems that we find.

I made sure we aren't using the permanent ban function for a reason. Why do you think I have everybody using temporary suspensions?

Search function is being worked on as well.

Maybe if you guys who claim to be og members could be civil to new members instead of calling them faggots, you would help keep the quality of the forum alive.

nah i disagree. in the golden age of HB members like Subprime and other veterans were roasting/flaming people because it was funny. Due to the way y'all mod now, we can't have another 'Subprime' (i use him as a metaphor) to rise on these forums ever again.

Tbh it's yall choice. If yall wanna close or delete threads where many people are replying, then that's you guys that are stopping the activity in the forums. You guys have the power to either have this be the apocalypse of HB's forums or a Renaissance. that's it. but in my opinion it's unwise to end threads where the discussions are popping off. Lol @ banning members for "insulting others." HB's gotten this soft?

That's my input. give me reputation points if you agree with me. thank you.
June 21, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
datniqqararthur

i was in the messican thread and when i hit post the thread was gone.

lol nigga got his ass beat to drake. smfh

Life was simple til we moved to tha hood.

June 21, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
DREWKKAKE

In the golden age of HB, the last forum administrator let the forum run with the 3 infraction rule which eventually led to a permanent ban. This caused a bunch of real members from the OG days to be banned. When I took over, I stopped permanent banning people like that. I started doing temp bans, back when we were on vbulletin I did a bunch of work to make sure you guys were happy. Merged old accounts with new ones and all that shit.

Due to the way we mod now, you get banned for a temporary time and live to troll another day.

We took away all form of censorship on the forum. But I'm not going to allow you to ruin threads gaybashing these little gay trolls who might not even be gay. Still not going to let you go on about how they are faggots and all that shit.

This is my input.

June 21, 2012 @ 02:13 AM
DREWKKAKE

i was in the messican thread and when i hit post the thread was gone.

lol nigga got his ass beat to drake. smfh

i merged that thread with the picture video thread.

the thread was created talking about how messicans are pussies. yet the video which we have all seen all over the news shows two maybe mexican guys fighting one blackish guys. why would I let that thread stand by itself?

June 21, 2012 @ 02:17 AM

Inactive

In the golden age of HB, the last forum administrator let the forum run with the 3 infraction rule which eventually led to a permanent ban. This caused a bunch of real members from the OG days to be banned. When I took over, I stopped permanent banning people like that. I started doing temp bans, back when we were on vbulletin I did a bunch of work to make sure you guys were happy. Merged old accounts with new ones and all that shit.

Due to the way we mod now, you get banned for a temporary time and live to troll another day.

We took away all form of censorship on the forum. But I'm not going to allow you to ruin threads gaybashing these little gay trolls who might not even be gay. Still not going to let you go on about how they are faggots and all that shit.

This is my input.

If yall took away censorship then..... Why stop something that's getting hit up where ppl are actually anticipating new posts?
June 21, 2012 @ 02:17 AM
DREWKKAKE

and when you say forums im pretty sure you mean off topic. the rest of the forum besides a couple threads in fashion forum (supreme, black scale etc) function pretty well.

we had under 100 people using the forum when we switched from vbulletin to this new forum made from scratch. and now we are pushing 3-400 most times throughout the day.

as for the read last unread, the yellow button to the left of the thread title should work for the most part.

edit: we took the censorship of words away i meant.

June 21, 2012 @ 02:19 AM

Inactive

You got my thread deleted asshole. I hope you're happy
June 21, 2012 @ 02:24 AM
DREWKKAKE

What it comes down to is this. you guys are the ones that make the whole forum work. you guys make threads, post in the threads, and you pretty much are responsible for the content. My job here is to make sure it is a nice environment for all of the people that post here. quality of the forums is my main concern. I get to do everything in my control to keep this quality there. the things in my control are finding bugs and making sure the forum is running right, making and changing rules accordingly, suspending the people starting problems, cleaning up posts, merging threads. blah blah blah.

The threads, its replies and the quality of the content of the forum is all a product of you guys, the members.

June 21, 2012 @ 02:24 AM
KTA

we had under 100 people using the forum when we switched from vbulletin to this new forum made from scratch. and now we are pushing 3-400 most times throughout the day.

u can attribute the rise in membership to opening registration..not because it got "better"
June 21, 2012 @ 02:25 AM
Swerve.

I don't think the threads should be shut down because somebody is getting roasted on, that's the fun part of hypebeast. Like if the jacobsever thread for the closed down I'd be pissed as he'll because that thread keeps me coming back to see what they said next.
June 21, 2012 @ 02:25 AM

Inactive

i don't snitch. i didn't even ask for the thread to get shut down

Your childish antics led to the chain of events that got it deleted.
June 21, 2012 @ 02:26 AM

Inactive

What it comes down to is this. you guys are the ones that make the whole forum work. you guys make threads, post in the threads, and you pretty much are responsible for the content. My job here is to make sure it is a nice environment for all of the people that post here. quality of the forums is my main concern. I get to do everything in my control to keep this quality there. the things in my control are finding bugs and making sure the forum is running right, making and changing rules accordingly, suspending the people starting problems, cleaning up posts, merging threads. blah blah blah.

The threads, its replies and the quality of the content of the forum is all a product of you guys, the members.

okay so why cant we have our content unaltered and see where it goes instead of having it stunted
June 21, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
DREWKKAKE

because leaving the content completely untouched will make the forums nothing but an extension of the comments you see on the front page.

like the three posts I just deleted, it's doing nothing in this specific thread but take it off topic while me and you are trying to have a conversation.

I rely on you older members to post on this forum like you actually give a shit about the online community you take part in. yet a lot of you just decide to talk shit to the new members and dismiss all of them as OF dickriders or whatever.

June 21, 2012 @ 02:31 AM

Inactive

i don't snitch. i didn't even ask for the thread to get shut down

Your childish antics led to the chain of events that got it deleted.

tbh i feel drained of my energy and time because I put so much effort into responding to you demons. you guys have won. i'm done. i never come check the threads and the day i feel like actually deciding to be active and contribute, my shit gets deleted so fuck that. im staying in the sb and i'll let the off-topic die.
June 21, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
Kolyaa

Also we got kids who joined in around the same time as me and already have over 700 fucking posts, and whenever I see what these kids posts its usually just saying this like "lol" and "hahahaha omg." It takes forever just to find one post that actually is relevant towards the topic.
June 21, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
Iron Chef El Chapo

fuck the bullshit mods are doing a good job.
June 21, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
DREWKKAKE

lol you took your energy responding in full paragraphs to internet replies from random kids you don't know. If you really cared about HB, which im sure you do because you made this thread, you wouldnt let OT die.

anyways. you sound done. im finished talking about this.

June 21, 2012 @ 02:34 AM
DREWKKAKE

thanks craylo

June 21, 2012 @ 02:36 AM
jaded

The whole reason this thread was made is because you were suspended earlier today for making a thread calling everyone faggots. After your suspension ended, you came back and made this thread saying HB is dead, criticizing the mods, and criticizing the content of the site.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

June 21, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
DREWKKAKE

hes done jaded. just let it burn like usher brah

June 21, 2012 @ 02:47 AM
internet

I look at it this way...

Alot of the problems currently aren't due to bad moderation (they do an OK job for the most part). I noticed a decline in valuable contributions once the "Flame Someone = Infraction" under wdywt began, as well as the rampant troll accounts created daily that contribute nothing of substance. I have no problem seeing someone get torn into and vice versa, it's when users that contribute NOTHING to the board do this that it becomes a problem.

I'd like to see bad trolls with multiple accounts IP banned for life.

I'd like to see flaming return to the WDYWT thread as long as seniority and relevancy are takin into consideration.
(it's beneficial as weak posters are either shunned or become inspired to take any relevant advice and put it to use for further fits). If you don't wanna get flamed and think your style is perfection post in the 'Pics Only' thread.

Moral of all this, I think you should have at least 50-100+ relevant posts in the fashion related boards before you can POST in the off-topic board (don't make it private, just make it so only relevant users can post). It's completely polluted with wannabe funny guys who can't even get mom and dad to buy them a camera-phone so they can post fit pics.

I think less moderation and stricter guidelines would serve the community very well. It's seemed to have worked well in the Supreme and Black Scale threads well at least...

Edit***

Also, we should get sticky threads revived (is this being coded currently? I know since it's not phpbb it may be slightly difficult). Daily Pickups, Wdywt Pics only, Forum Rules, and a Shoutbox thread should be the first thing people see when they enter this board. We're better than what we've became and a renaissance will eventually occur once the OF hype has faded but for now we need stricter guidelines. We're getting trampled on by 14 y/o shitheads.
June 21, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
Striker

damn ppl still saying HB is dead?

contribute and make it better then, to much bitching, mods seem like they're doing there best, Drew's ight too

but honestly, that registration should be closed for awhile, way way way to many dumbasses registering and making stupid ass threads, its old. back when i was lurking and registration was closed there weren't as many herbs as there are now

seriously, i think closing registration would do a lot

anyway, thats my 2 cents

Please login first to reply.