Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 14, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
thrillmatic

Christian Head, Black UCLA Medical School Doctor, Files Lawsuit After Alleged Gorilla Depiction

Sorry to divert attention away from the Breezy-Drizzy beef, just thought this was worth mentioning.

Discuss.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

June 14, 2012 @ 10:39 PM
breakmon

Fake.

Even if it were real though, I honestly doubt he would've gotten into college were it not for affirmative action. Can't really claim that anyone's being racist to him when everything is being handed to him on a silver platter.
June 15, 2012 @ 01:19 AM
sharky

Fake.

Even if it were real though, I honestly doubt he would've gotten into college were it not for affirmative action. Can't really claim that anyone's being racist to him when everything is being handed to him on a silver platter.

shuttup cracker
June 15, 2012 @ 04:21 PM
thrillmatic

Fake.

I don't think anyone could make shit like this up.

Idk about affirmative action, maybe that did help him get into med school, but he still had to go through an intense residency at UCLA then recieve a license by passing the same medical boards as everyone else. I currently have a 3.825 GPA in school. Will I only get into the graduate school of my choosing just so they could meet their nigger quota?

I believe in complete freedom of speech. No exceptions. You could walk up to me and call me a "nigger", "jigaboo", "coon", "darkie", "porch monkey", "tarbaby" and of course, "gorilla". I would not retaliate. I've learned to embrace it.

However, this is what bothers me (from the article):

(Head later complained to his superiors at the hospital, but says he was told "if you want tenure, [and] make a big stink about this, they're going to crush you."

After he was awarded tenure, Head said that the university cut his pay in retaliation for his complaints and blocked him from teaching.)

Anytime racial discrimination impedes social mobility, I can't handle that. The same way censorship violates the Constitution, so does racial discrimination. The problem here is, there's no way to connect the mentality behind the insults to the decision that led to the pay cut.

Once again, two of America's greatest values contradict themselves, right before our very eyes. Makes me wonder if I should just quit majoring in Chemistry, drop out, and starting selling drugs for a living...

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

June 15, 2012 @ 04:40 PM
dellzz

http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/172891/
June 15, 2012 @ 04:42 PM
thrillmatic

http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/172891/

I'm glad you're honest with yourself. As we all should be.

June 15, 2012 @ 04:44 PM

Inactive

I believe in complete freedom of speech. No exceptions. You could walk up to me and call me a "nigger", "jigaboo", "coon", "darkie", "porch monkey", "tarbaby" and of course, "gorilla". I would not retaliate. I've learned to embrace it.

The world needs more people like you.

Feedback

June 15, 2012 @ 04:47 PM
thrillmatic

The world needs more people like you.

I know, right?

Just don't touch me or I'll stab you.

Please login first to reply.