Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 7, 2012 @ 05:57 AM
yugwen

suspended

https://www.facebook.com/WeWantOurNBABack?ref=tn_tnmn

To all my fellow basketball enthusiasts, it is time for us to save this magnificent sport that is so dear to our hearts. It is time for us, as NBA fans, to stand up to David Stern and this travestied version of the game he is creating.

A game that was once about skills, physical ability, and basketball IQ, is now about WHICH TEAMS DO THE REFS HELP MORE. And if games aren't rigged, they are nonetheless negatively affected by this modern style of reffing that somehow doesn't allow grown men that hit the gym everyday to deliver even "kittens cuddling" level of contact upon each other.

This isn't about rigged games as much as it is about incompetent and overdone reffing. Although, admittedly, the former is what urged me to start this page.

All I ask is for you, fans of the beautiful sport of basket-ball and supporters of fairness, ethicality and just good ol' entertainment, to join me in this protest and NOT WATCH THE 2012 NBA FINALS in order to send a message to Mr. Stern:

We want our NBA back.

Thank you.

http://insidetheoutcast.tumblr.com/

June 7, 2012 @ 06:01 AM
yungm

get on RealGM and post this crap

and even though i agree, these things never get anything done lol
June 7, 2012 @ 06:02 AM
internet

Sounds like someone is a Spurs fan.
June 7, 2012 @ 06:03 AM
Jay_Bird

thought i was the only dude on earth

that could see that these games are scripted
June 7, 2012 @ 06:05 AM
Shaquille O'Neal

true, but log off

"You're so cool, that I'ma call you a culo..."

June 7, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
yugwen

suspended

get on RealGM and post this crap

and even though i agree, these things never get anything done lol

I will!

and rly? ive never seen anything like this done as far as the reffing issue is concerned

i mean, if ppl join in, this could be big

it would mean a loss of ratings which = loss of money. and nothing hits harder for rich selfish freedy bastards like Stern than losing money

June 7, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
Pretty Joseph

get rid of charges and flopping and its a completely different game

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

June 7, 2012 @ 06:09 AM
yugwen

suspended

imma bulls fan, so maybe im just still bitter at the world for the D.Rose injury lol

nah but rly that game i just watched was disgusting

it was like 6 or 7 str8 defensive possessions for the spurs where phantom calls were called

June 7, 2012 @ 06:10 AM
yugwen

suspended

ur not alone bro! if u could join the page more ppl like me and us opinions will be known!

yugwen

suspended

get rid of charges and flopping and its a completely different game

a better game!

KTA

fuk the lil rat tony parker
June 7, 2012 @ 06:14 AM
TheBDP

i think your right but, lets be honest.. your not gonna get people to stop watching the nba finals... get real dude.
June 7, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
Jay_Bird

^
hell yeah

cause even though that shit fake,im still watching
June 7, 2012 @ 06:38 AM
EL_Guapo

i just hope everything but the NBA FINALs is rigged, thats what counts, not the spurs losing.

OC CASANOVA : the only acceptable piercing on a guy is a tongue ring rt Enzoo : if u getting ya tongue pierce u suckin dick male or female

June 7, 2012 @ 07:01 AM
Toriko

June 7, 2012 @ 07:31 AM
Rizal

Hmm I dunno man. The first half of the game I thought the refs was biased towards the Spurs (assuming your a spurs fan) Referees was also biased to Spurs games 1 2 and 5.
June 7, 2012 @ 10:52 AM
BuddyOmar

https://www.facebook.com/WeWantOurNBABack?ref=tn_tnmn

To all my fellow basketball enthusiasts, it is time for us to save this magnificent sport that is so dear to our hearts. It is time for us, as NBA fans, to stand up to David Stern and this travestied version of the game he is creating.

A game that was once about skills, physical ability, and basketball IQ, is now about WHICH TEAMS DO THE REFS HELP MORE. And if games aren't rigged, they are nonetheless negatively affected by this modern style of reffing that somehow doesn't allow grown men that hit the gym everyday to deliver even "kittens cuddling" level of contact upon each other.

This isn't about rigged games as much as it is about incompetent and overdone reffing. Although, admittedly, the former is what urged me to start this page.

All I ask is for you, fans of the beautiful sport of basket-ball and supporters of fairness, ethicality and just good ol' entertainment, to join me in this protest and NOT WATCH THE 2012 NBA FINALS in order to send a message to Mr. Stern:

We want our NBA back.

Thank you.

Yo normally I would ignore this bullshit but frankly, you have NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. The game is as good as it's ever been and like it or not, with the emergence of franchises like the Thunder for example, the league is only going to expand exponentially in this new era. Of any sport, basketball is the toughest sport to officiate. Unlike you, the officials do not have 20-20 hindsight to go back and make pin-point accurate calls on every play.

Another part of basketball you MUST account for is gambling. Sports betting is a billion dollar industry and refs have a tremendous impact on it. Whether it's calling more fouls to hit overs, calling nonsensical fouls to moose the public favored spread, these things certainly happen. This is something that is beyond your control and you have to accept it.

You sound completely out of touch and naive and as long as dumbasses like you exist, so will ignorance of the issue. Instead of these emotionally spurred (no pun intended) diatribes, why don't you consider all of the variables that affect calls? Sometimes you don't always get the call, shit happens.

If you're a Spurs fan, then you should know that a truncated season combined with a ton of old vets is a recipe for disaster. As someone who definitely watches basketball more than you do and has been on the wrong end of plenty of calls, I can only say you just don't know what you're talking about.

Fuck it, i'm gonna keep going. Your whole first paragraph is just fucking stupid. Think about it. Which team is going to get more calls? A team that runs nothing but pick and rolls and spreads the floor (Spurs) or a team with a lengthy, unguardable wing player and one of the games most athletic slashing guards? Of course the latter is going to get more calls. The spurs lost because they got out executed and over powered. The game is still about basketball IQ, athleticism, and of course, fundamentals. What was happening in the beginning of the game? Parker was aggressive, guys weren't settling for jumpers and were taking it to the rack. Spurs were just flat out out executing a lackadasical thunder team. Second half? Spurs lost their legs and settled for jumpers and the Thunder woke up and the rest is history.

Trust me, refs know when they fuck up. Oftentimes if they miss a call, expect a no-call on the other end. Some refs frankly officiate different than others. Tony Brothers often favors road teams, Joey Crawford often favors dogs, it really depends. Players have different relationships with refs. Why do you think the Pistons lost in 07 against Lebron? The league despised Rasheed Wallace and that's why they gave him all those bullshit calls and combine that with a legendary game by Lebron and of course they're going to lose. Guys like Durant, Lebron, and Wade are gonna get calls because the refs have certain relationships with them. Honestly, I could write a million pages on this issue because pro-basketball is not only a passion of mine, but it's how i earn money.

But think about your logic. What are you asking them to do? Make less calls? They do that all the fucking time and all people do is whine about it because they don't get fouls called. I used to play ball in high school and even at that level, obvious fouls sometimes go unnoticed. There are so many subtle nuances you're not considering and just gloss over. Pro basketball is still an extremely physical game and you better believe it isn't kitten cuddling. You're ignorance and stupidity in regards to the sport is just appalling. By the way, what fucking idiot hyphenates basket-ball? I'm done my nigga, I'm just done.

Tldr: op is a fucc nigga.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

June 7, 2012 @ 10:55 AM
Lukulele

A game that was once about skills, physical ability, and basketball IQ, is now about WHICH TEAMS DO THE REFS HELP MORE.

skills, physical ability, and basketball IQ is what keeps people watching basketball, and why fans will continue to watch the finals. the refs didn't make completely bad calls in this last game, OKC caught up in the third. the points per quarter speak for the Spurs' playing habits for the game; maybe they are getting a little old. a great team, and awesome effort nonetheless.

stay pau

June 7, 2012 @ 10:57 AM
Lukulele

Yo, BuddyOmar went in.

stay pau

June 7, 2012 @ 11:14 AM
yugwen

suspended

Yo BuddyOmar shut the fuck up. I'm not even gonna bother reading your whole thing.

I clearly said I'm not a Spurs fans. But either way, if you refuse to admit that BAD AND NON-EXISTING FOUL CALLS greatly affected the chances of the Spurs coming back, ur either an OKC fan turning the blind eye or a dumbass.

I mean, except for free throws, they essentially outplayed OKC for the most part in the 4th. Parker was actually gettin in the paint and scoring and Duncan had a couple nice moves on Ibaka. Plus OKC turned it over numerously. But everytime they went back on D, some bullshit was called and every other time they got an Off foul called.

-Harden's flop off Giniboli's pick
-Parker getting pushed and falling but not getting any call
-Westbrook getting an and 1 when Parker didnt even touch him
-MORE AND MORE EXAMPLES

If you DVRd it you can go back and see for yourself. The reffing was one-sided.

June 7, 2012 @ 11:20 AM
yugwen

suspended

You guys rly think Stern wanted a possible Spurs/Celtics finals?? Especially since Spurs finals have been the least watched(by a long shot) in the past decade and so.

He needed to make sure either one of his dolla makers was gonna make it. I wouldnt be surprised if the reffing heavily favours the HEAT tomorrow. In fact, I EXPECT IT to be so.

June 7, 2012 @ 11:49 AM
yugwen

suspended

"Seems like they got every whistle possible." - Tim Duncan, post game interview.

June 7, 2012 @ 12:25 PM
BuddyOmar

You guys rly think Stern wanted a possible Spurs/Celtics finals?? Especially since Spurs finals have been the least watched(by a long shot) in the past decade and so.

He needed to make sure either one of his dolla makers was gonna make it. I wouldnt be surprised if the reffing heavily favours the HEAT tomorrow. In fact, I EXPECT IT to be so.

Well if you didn't read what I said, you're totally over looking some major points I brought up so it might be a good idea to go back and look at them. First off the Ginobili pick was CLEARLY a moving screen. Do you play basketball? That was a NFL-esque block that a center would do. You set the screen with your body and your hips, not your fucking hands. That was a good call, and Harden just sold it well. Another thing you're overlooking. In high school you're TAUGHT how to take charges, at the NBA level these dudes are experts at selling calls. At least the good ones. Every charge thats taken there is exaggerated contact. Get used to it. The officiating in the second half was totally one sided for the Thunder because they were being aggressive.

The Spurs were executing horrifically. They were playing with desperation. I could give a fuck about the Thunder. I am a Heat and Pistons fan. I expected the Spurs to wipe the Thunder out as they should have. They got fatigued. Look at the quarters. They got the whistles because they were playing desperate and sloppy. They just couldn't execute down the stretch. They shot upwards of 60 percent in the first half. Parker was on pace for a 68 point game. That was a gross aberration for the Thunder. They played no D, their shots weren't going in, they just played like dog shit.

Stern really isn't as concerned with ratings you may think. Celtics and Heat are both HUGE media markets anyway so either way they were going to make money. Ratings aren't everything anyways, you're overlooking multiples ways of income the NBA still cashes in with.

NBA games are really two games, not one. The first game played for 24 minutes (the first half), the second game is called the second half and it lasts 24 minutes. Halftime leads in the NBA mean absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. The spurs came out with an incredible 1st quarter because the Thunder were not playing defense whatsoever. You also have to consider the angle the referees are viewing the plays from, who beats who to the spot etc. Spurs got all the calls the first half and blew a second half lead because they couldn't keep shooting the way they had. The Parker call? I don't remember it. It was probably a no-call. If you're talking about the big play in the end where Westbrook got the and-1 it was probably a good call, I remember that ply. As for the rest? You're still making no sense. Fouls had little to do with the outcome of this game. Pop's rotation was fucked up for this game and the past game because his players just haven't been playing well plain and simple.

Player opinions mean nothing by the way. When you lose in an emotional game, you're going to make excuses. Blaming referees is always a popular one. This series should've of even been this close. The spurs didn't try in any games in Oklahoma and their role players who have been excellent all season played pathetic.

Spurs weren't getting any action in the paint other than Parker or Duncan. If you recall in games 1 and 2, they just eviscerated the Thunder paint defense. They blew them out because their role players were playing immaculately, as most role players do at home. The Spurs are jump shooting team and today their shots just weren't falling because they were stagnant and sitting out on the perimeter swinging the ball for 16 seconds just to get off an off balance jumper. If Jackson hadn't of had as crazy a game as he had, the Spurs would've been beaten in double digits.

It's surely possible the Heat might get all the calls but it depends on more than just simple ratings. We'll see. Celtics have definitely been fucked over plenty of times this series, but regardless, the NBA favoring whichever side sees the most action is nothing new.

You don't get it though. The Spur's 3rd quarter is a key, key quarter. They lost all momentum at that point. Their body langauge was languid and distant. They weren't focused. You could just see it. Sure a few calls went against them, but there were NO phantom calls. Again, YOU have to consider the angle they are viewing these plays from. They do not have the luxury of DVR. You're grossly exagerrating several examples, and on that Ginobili moving pick you're just plain wrong. That was a moving screen all the way. Just a desperation attempt to prevent Harden's closeout.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

June 7, 2012 @ 12:32 PM
BuddyOmar

Yo BuddyOmar shut the fuck up. I'm not even gonna bother reading your whole thing.

I clearly said I'm not a Spurs fans. But either way, if you refuse to admit that BAD AND NON-EXISTING FOUL CALLS greatly affected the chances of the Spurs coming back, ur either an OKC fan turning the blind eye or a dumbass.

I mean, except for free throws, they essentially outplayed OKC for the most part in the 4th. Parker was actually gettin in the paint and scoring and Duncan had a couple nice moves on Ibaka. Plus OKC turned it over numerously. But everytime they went back on D, some bullshit was called and every other time they got an Off foul called.

-Harden's flop off Giniboli's pick
-Parker getting pushed and falling but not getting any call
-Westbrook getting an and 1 when Parker didnt even touch him
-MORE AND MORE EXAMPLES

If you DVRd it you can go back and see for yourself. The reffing was one-sided.

Last thing! There shouldn't of even been a Spurs "come back" that you supposedly claim was "prevented". They fucking lost because the Thunder actually rotated on defense and managed to out score them per possession and they stopped shooting at such an absurd rate. Spurs lost focus and the energy and momentum of the Thunder just was too much for them to handle. This is very common in NBA basketball. Leads mean nothing in the NBA. Absolutely nothing.

June 7, 2012 @ 02:50 PM
Rizal

^ buddy goin in. And 90% right. Yugwen OKC won cuz they were a better team. sometimes refs favors the team in their home court I mean OKC sold it in the 2nd half but so did the Spurs in the 1st cuz of being aggressive.

PS bullshit calls? You shoud check game 1 2 and 5 if you want o see BS call
June 7, 2012 @ 03:01 PM
Jay_Bird

damn,i never seen that nig omar go so hard on someone ever on this

site

damn
June 7, 2012 @ 03:12 PM
PKdaGod

buddyomar goin in!

#OYYOYSL

#BUDDYBRIGAYDE

Pk co-signing
June 7, 2012 @ 03:43 PM
totalespionage

Nah. A nigga been feeling that way since the Detroit Pistons won in 04'.
June 7, 2012 @ 03:53 PM
Black Donald Trump

so thats why lebron hasnt won a title yet...nah i dont think so.
June 7, 2012 @ 06:11 PM
Gilly Suits

so thats why lebron hasnt won a title yet...nah i dont think so.

Lebron hasn't won a title because Wade can be shut down and he can't. And their bench is a bunch third tier players who run around the perimeter looking for a corner 3 kick out after a drive. They get a ton of calls their way because of the superstar calls. But to be fair, they are on the court almost 85%+ of the game while other superstars are like 70-75%. And I am a huge Celtic fan. The Heat/Celtics series should be over but the Heat had 8 men on the court at the end of game 2.

Culective.com //

Please login first to reply.