FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
June 7, 2012 @ 02:17 AM

Inactive

Which is more crutial when it comes to one's survival? You have people who have graduated from institutions of higher learning, but still don't know shit about life. If were to place them in an unfamiliar enviroment, would they be able to survive based on all they learned from their top tier school? Could someone who didn't even graduate from high school but still has their wits abou them, shit talk their way out of danger?
June 7, 2012 @ 02:37 AM

Inactive

in the two jungles, city = street smarts. wilderness = booksmart.
June 7, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
Backspace

book smart gets you out of the streets.

book smart > street smart.

edit: LOL'd @ Boland's avy.
June 7, 2012 @ 03:09 AM
Beaner

im gay
June 7, 2012 @ 03:11 AM
tmwtg

I came here to lol @ boland's avy.

Not sure if he's trolling us all.
June 7, 2012 @ 03:11 AM
Your Fan

im gay

Me too!

#Booksmart
June 7, 2012 @ 03:14 AM
YK-

Being "street smart" is what kids who fail tests say. There is common sense, no such thing as "street smart."
June 7, 2012 @ 03:22 AM
Moises Arias

what is the point of this thread OP?

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

June 7, 2012 @ 04:49 AM
EL_Guapo

That avy pic should get you permanently banned

OC CASANOVA : the only acceptable piercing on a guy is a tongue ring rt Enzoo : if u getting ya tongue pierce u suckin dick male or female

June 7, 2012 @ 06:15 AM
Fitch

In a perfect world, one should be both, but rarely is that the case. If it depended on someone's survival though, being street smart (stupid term) would be more advantageous. Knowing the specific heat of copper or how to perform a chi-square test won't keep you alive. The thing though, is that people think that it's entirely an 'either-or' situation, where if you're not one, you're definitely the other, which is complete bullshit. I remember all the straight-F fuckups in high school would tout how 'street smart' they were because they sucked at everything else academic. They weren't any more street smart than my cockatiel. I wouldn't trust them walking my dog...and I fucking hate my dog! But it works the other way too. All the kids who get A's, because they've realized high school really isn't that hard, aren't as intelligent as they or even I would like to believe. Ever notice when in school we would decide who was smart or not based on their grades? That's retarded. I knew many a dipshit who had decent GPA's, better than mine, but if it came to a battle of intelligence, I'd put my money on the special ed kids in the next room. Whatever though, thread doesn't accomplish anything.
June 7, 2012 @ 06:43 AM
internet

In a perfect world, one should be both, but rarely is that the case. If it depended on someone's survival though, being street smart (stupid term) would be more advantageous. Knowing the specific heat of copper or how to perform a chi-square test won't keep you alive. The thing though, is that people think that it's entirely an 'either-or' situation, where if you're not one, you're definitely the other, which is complete bullshit. I remember all the straight-F fuckups in high school would tout how 'street smart' they were because they sucked at everything else academic. They weren't any more street smart than my cockatiel. I wouldn't trust them walking my dog...and I fucking hate my dog! But it works the other way too. All the kids who get A's, because they've realized high school really isn't that hard, aren't as intelligent as they or even I would like to believe. Ever notice when in school we would decide who was smart or not based on their grades? That's retarded. I knew many a dipshit who had decent GPA's, better than mine, but if it came to a battle of intelligence, I'd put my money on the special ed kids in the next room. Whatever though, thread doesn't accomplish anything.

^ True. As someone who's been through school and seen the streets, knowledge is NOTHING without proper application to make it profitable. You know alot of stuff? Great! Now what? A proportionate balance is necessary for survival. Life isn't black and white.
June 7, 2012 @ 12:39 PM
dellzz

obviously if It were the sake of surviving, street smart will give you the edge.
June 7, 2012 @ 01:16 PM
teov

I know real good students, they are beyond book smart.... but they don't know shit in real life.
sooo.... street smart >

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

June 7, 2012 @ 02:30 PM
Sev

you can learn to do just about anything you could possibly want to learn right here on the internet
June 7, 2012 @ 02:32 PM
PKdaGod

you can learn to do just about anything you could possibly want to learn right here on the internet

QFT

internet smarts > book smarts > street smarts
June 7, 2012 @ 02:37 PM
FLVMINCO

^ True. As someone who's been through school and seen the streets, knowledge is NOTHING without proper application to make it profitable. You know alot of stuff? Great! Now what? A proportionate balance is necessary for survival. Life isn't black and white.

^This, probably the most truthful answers.

Follow me @Pyrex_Lanvin on twitter, mixed women are the GOAT.

June 7, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
Gilly Suits

^This, probably the most truthful answers.

Culective.com // twitch.tv/gillysuits

June 7, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
Unreachable

What if the book is about street smarts?
June 7, 2012 @ 06:01 PM
Dirty Old Man

What if the book is about street smarts?

hop on the bus gus

June 7, 2012 @ 06:09 PM
.Lord.

I know some "book smart" people who have absolutely no fucking common sense. So, while maybe not the same as street smarts, I think the latter is more important because it's harder to teach and can't just be studied and acquired in the same way book smarts can.
June 7, 2012 @ 06:12 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

Street smarts are literally survival in an urban environment, it's not a matter of knowing one or the other, if you DON'T have street smarts you either get yourself some or you get victimized, having book smarts is an added benefit but any individual should develop both independently

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

June 7, 2012 @ 06:12 PM
expo8000

People thinkin street smart mostly about having the skills needed to function where they live. I think street smart really has to do more with dealing with people especially if you from a poor place. I've met tons of kids living on the streets that have never step foot in a high school but can hustle normal people easy. They know how to manipulate, persuade, deceive, or even take advantage of a situation fairly and benefit very well from it. Compare this to a kid who has been spoon fed from a young age, those street kids know 10x as much about people because they have seen and dealt with more. That being said even though they "street" smart most of them dont know jack shit about anything else and have very poor behavioral control and usually fuck up sooner or later. You need both.
June 7, 2012 @ 06:19 PM
Dirty Old Man

How many book smart people actually die in the streets?
How many so called 'street smart' people die in the streets?

hop on the bus gus

June 7, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
cormilk

How many book smart people actually die in the streets?
How many so called 'street smart' people die in the streets?

if you street smart you not dying in the streets you made your money and moved to a nice place and have little niggas selling dope for you

Ig@rickrossowens

June 7, 2012 @ 06:54 PM
Dirty Old Man

and then you get shot by a Colombian

hop on the bus gus

June 9, 2012 @ 07:09 AM
Your Fan

And you can be "street smart" and a complete idiot so that "street smart" is useless in a world that values education over "how to survive as a bum" a.k.a. "street smart".

And if you were book smart you would have enough common since to make it without "street smarts". What does that mean anyway being street smart is suppose to be common sense or the ability so survive on the streets?
June 9, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
LA_1201

i dont see how a book can protect you from bullets

taskforce bitch mob nigga

June 9, 2012 @ 07:20 AM
Your Fan

i dont see how a book can protect you from bullets

If you were smart enough to get out of the ghetto that wouldn't be a problem.

P.s. book smart makes a smarter person and a smart person would know to duck and run or evade the bullets as best as possible. Unless street smarts turn you into Neo and you start slow motion ducking bullets I don't see your point.
June 9, 2012 @ 07:59 AM
Quan292

book smart in the society we live in. Higher paying jobs are based more off degrees than practical knowledge of survival.
June 9, 2012 @ 09:42 AM
dougiedrew

Lol Bolandfan been reading books and now knows how to dodge bullets.

Please login first to reply.