Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 3, 2012 @ 07:04 AM
SEToverSet

eh, i don't think anyone should guilt him into giving the money back. he got the scholarship on his own merit (as far as i know). diddy has a lot of money, but that doesn't mean his son owes anything to cali. at least he's trying to make a name for himself and he's not riding his dad's coat tails.

i dont know why california is broke but i know its not because this kid gets a free ride for college, and if it is the state should make it harder for every student.

edit:
i just read some more posts in this thread. diddy wasn't given his wealth; he had to earn his money just like everyone else. its easy to say what someone else should do with their money, but put yourself in his shoes. he doesn't owe anybody anything.
June 3, 2012 @ 07:28 AM
Iggle

its not like he got a need-based scholarship. it was an merit-based athletic scholarship. he aint taking money away from some poor 4.0 student.

"but he's taking money away from a poor football player"

so what? UCLA is trying to build a good football team. they offer that scholarship to some other nigga they don't value as much and diddy jr or whatever that nigga's name is goes to another school that does offer him a scholarship.

#pedogangweindis

June 3, 2012 @ 10:28 AM
johnathan

he is going to buy snapbacks and rat tails

free max b 2013

June 3, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
Iron Chef El Chapo

niggas that earn a certain amount of money shouldnt rely on public assistance to go to school. people are saying its a scholarship tho. well where does that money come from. same reason why niggas that are millionaires arent on wellfare
June 3, 2012 @ 05:03 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

to be honest this isnt weird at all. Families with students that could really contribute to a school like UCLA always get scholarships regardless of their income... just because diddy can afford it easily doesn't mean his son lost his right to get a scholarship.

went on wikipedia and shit: "College-specific: College-specific scholarships are offered by individual colleges and universities to highly qualified applicants. These scholarships, given on the basis of academic and personal achievement, usually result in either a full-ride to the college, or for a reduced rate of tuition."

so he gets the scholarships based on his achievements.

VISVIM FBT LHAMO, VIRGIL KUDU, NIKE SUPREME SB BLAZER BLACK N RED, 1999 BRED 4's http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

June 3, 2012 @ 05:06 PM
Iron Chef El Chapo

no one said he lost his right. should a school be giving a scholarship to someone whose father is worth hundreds of millions? na
June 3, 2012 @ 05:42 PM
susej

everyone is avoiding the real problem at hand, which is the fact that this kid would get romped in a game full of 13 year olds.
June 3, 2012 @ 05:53 PM
Richboy 100 million

cant wait to see him vs big 6'4 WRs

SSVR GRAND SLAM FOR SALE BRAND NEW BLACK

June 3, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
Quan292

if he was a shitty football player i'd understand, but he's a D1 level football player so he earned that scholarship. also, being a scholarship player has more benefits than a walk on such as access to the trainers table and ayce meals at the cafeteria for scholarship athletes.

Walk- ons have those same benefits just after a certain amount of time. Also noone is saying he walk on people are saying he shouldnt be getting a full scholarship. Also he is not a D1 level football player at all. He is getting a scholly to ride the bench and hope that diddy gives the program money. D1 is mainly about size because you cant coach that.
June 3, 2012 @ 05:57 PM
TRILL Bill

Romeo's situation was different. His dad didn't get him the scholarship at USC:
"According to The Wall Street Journal, it appears the decision to grant Miller a full scholarship at USC was largely driven by his relationship with friend and teammate Demar DeRozan, the 6-foot-6 All-American forward who was rated as the number five prospect in the country on Scout.com."

Even if his dad is famous, I'm sure he deserved the scholarship. If you're good, you'll get noticed. Yeah sure, he may be small, but there's plenty of D1 level DBs around his size who get plenty of playing time: Nickell Robey (USC, 5-8 165) who is a Thorpe Award candidate, and Cody Riggs (Florida, 5-9 180) who started all 13 games as a sophomore, and 3 as a freshman when he was about 10-15 pounds lighter. Justin Combs is listed at 5'9" 170, which is probably more like 5'8" 160, but even then, he's still very close to Robey's size. If he wasn't D1 material, why did he get offers from other D1 schools as well? Just because your parent or parents are rich doesn't mean you should be unqualified for a athletic scholarship. He earned it, so he deserves it. I'm pretty sure his dad is going to donate back, and other students aren't affected, so this shit really isn't even that big of a deal.
June 3, 2012 @ 06:02 PM
Iron Chef El Chapo

just saw the vidoes. he looks like hes 5'10 5'11ish and 165

he doesnt look fast. not like the caliber players i knew in high school who were getting scholarships to local colleges
June 3, 2012 @ 06:05 PM
susej

he doesnt look fast. not like the caliber players i knew in high school who were getting scholarships to local colleges

thank you. GW. is on point about the size thing, but seriously there isn't even anything to discuss. watch the one video where hes on the bench with the reporter and it cuts to clips of him in practice. he looks like a jv player with a hangover out there.

bench bitch
June 3, 2012 @ 06:10 PM
Iggle

rivals and scouts.com both have him as a 2 star recruit. plus he got offers from schools like west virginia and iowa so its not like the kid can't play

#pedogangweindis

June 3, 2012 @ 06:24 PM
Iron Chef El Chapo

they coulda given him a bs rating. theres many parties involved that would want that.

and looking at the practice videos....doesnt even look like a varsity player.
June 3, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
Richboy 100 million

i doubt he will even play

SSVR GRAND SLAM FOR SALE BRAND NEW BLACK

June 3, 2012 @ 07:34 PM
AlwayS_DreSSeD

gettin scholly's is also about networking... if u knew players better than him and they went to wack colleges that just means that their coaches didn't make the right phone calls bruh bruh

www.NickyDsss.com

June 3, 2012 @ 08:08 PM
Iggle

they coulda given him a bs rating. theres many parties involved that would want that.

come on bruh, if you follow football you'd know scouts and rivals are legit and reputable websites. and what would they have to earn by inflating a kid's profile?

even if you guys think the kid doesn't deserve it, it'll be a good investment by the school in the long run if diddy or the kid make donations in the future

#pedogangweindis

June 3, 2012 @ 08:15 PM
susej

come on bruh, if you follow football you'd know scouts and rivals are legit and reputable websites. and what would they have to earn by inflating a kid's profile?

even if you guys think the kid doesn't deserve it, it'll be a good investment by the school in the long run if diddy or the kid make donations in the future

everything is reputable until its not. money talks, i'd put my life on the fact that anyone over at scouts/rivals could be bought to give anyone a good rating. im not saying that diddy went and did that, but after watching the limited video available, i'd say he isnt a true d1 caliber player.
June 3, 2012 @ 08:17 PM
Iron Chef El Chapo

to say that any reputable site or souce will always be 100 is dumb. i will say that i dont know if his rating was inflated. i also dont know that it was. watching his football highlights...kinda (very) weak for a big pac10 school like ucla to be interested

and yeah the investment opportunity for the school is there. here we will give u respect and a 54000 award for u to provide us with millions in alumni funds. regardless of that, i still find it morally questionable to give a dependent of someone who is worth hundreds of millions of dollars a scholarship.
June 3, 2012 @ 08:33 PM
Iggle

i'm not saying scouts or rivals will always be 100 either, but they're probably the most legit websites out there in terms of HS and college scouting. and let's put things in perspective here....we're talking about UCLA. not USC, not Alabama, not LSU.... UCLA. their football program sucks. its not like their recruiting class is filled with blue chip, 5 star prospects anyways. ALL of their guys have big question marks.

and this isn't morally questionable. offering someone a scholarship who isn't as qualified or deserving as this rich nigga would be morally questionable. the same way offering a less qualified minority enrollment in your university over a more qualified white person is morally questionable. i got nothing against offering awards to people who deserve it. and like i already said, this is an athletic scholarship. has nothing to do with their need-based scholarships.

#pedogangweindis

June 3, 2012 @ 08:36 PM
Iron Chef El Chapo

you said ". i got nothing against offering awards to people who deserve it. " and then said "this is an athletic scholarship."
June 3, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
Iggle

i also said the UCLA football program sucks

#pedogangweindis

June 3, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
Iron Chef El Chapo

compared to what?

i find ucla to be a very competitive school.

dudes gpa was average. his football skills. average. very average. im willing to go on and say that if it weren't for his last name he wouldn't be getting shit.

i guess this must be one of ur examples where an under qualified minority takes the place of a qualified white
June 3, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
Iggle

3.75 GPA is average? most reputable scouting websites say he's a 2/3 star recruit. sounds about right for a UCLA type of player.

we got different definitions for a "very competitive school"
UCLA record the past few years:
6-8, 4-8, 7-6, 4-8, and 6-7. 1 winning season in the past 5 years. and its not like they play in the SEC.

#pedogangweindis

June 3, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
Iron Chef El Chapo

3.75 is average in terms of something needing merit. a 4.0 isnt even that awesome.

we already said that we couldnt trust the scouting reports. me not even being a seasoned scouter, i can see that the kid lacks skills.

and youre comparing ucla to other big competitive schools. like saying that an nba team isnt good cause it didnt make the play offs.
June 3, 2012 @ 08:54 PM
Alchemist

stop worrying about other people's lives

my 2 cents
June 3, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
Iggle

god you're fucking dense. he didn't get the scholarship ONLY for his grades. he didn't get it ONLY for football either. its a merit-based athletic scholarship. how many student athletes (football) are as accomplished as him?

and your're right about the scouting reports.... i'll take your word about his skill over reputable websites and other football programs that gave him offers.

and yeah i'm comparing ucla to successful schools. the successful ones get the top recruits. the uclas, arizona states, and other scrub programs get guys with less skills like diddy's kid

#pedogangweindis

June 3, 2012 @ 09:06 PM
trevxv3

he is an undersized and incredibly average 2-star recruit who has no business going to a D1 school to play football. The absolute only reason for the scholarship is they are hoping that daddy will donate tons of money to the school because they gave his son a chance to play ball at the next level and paid for his school.

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

June 3, 2012 @ 10:02 PM
Kamikaze

A lot of other famous/rich people's kids have gotten scholarships, I don't see why this is such a big deal and getting so much publicity. If the kid earns a scholarship let him have it, so what if daddy can afford it?
June 3, 2012 @ 10:09 PM
Iron Chef El Chapo

god you're fucking dense. he didn't get the scholarship ONLY for his grades. he didn't get it ONLY for football either. its a merit-based athletic scholarship. how many student athletes (football) are as accomplished as him?

and your're right about the scouting reports.... i'll take your word about his skill over reputable websites and other football programs that gave him offers.

and yeah i'm comparing ucla to successful schools. the successful ones get the top recruits. the uclas, arizona states, and other scrub programs get guys with less skills like diddy's kid

whoaaa why do you need to call me dense? because im making valid points that you dont have an answer too?

u mad

Please login first to reply.