i just realized something about Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

June 02, 2012 @ 19:35:55
straw hats are from 02.
June 05, 2012 @ 15:07:05
Originally posted by Inactive User

we've gone 180 since the show.

now, white kids dress like will and black kids dress like carlton.

I would understand if Carlton was white.

yeah it'd be a better example, but Carlton is known for being white washed. there's been countless times where Will clowns Carlton for the way he dresses "like a white guy".
June 05, 2012 @ 15:09:12
I never really understood that logic. "U R WHERING BLAK PEEOPLE CLOTHES, U CANT WHERE DAT, U WITE!", not only is this ironically racist but it is also the equivalent of telling someone that they can't eat Mexican food because they are not Mexican.

I don't wear streetwear and I don't like it, but people shouldn't be bonded to guidelines based on what people from their culture usually wear.

yeah, but this thread has nothing to do with that. i'm not passing any judgement or anything. i'm not saying white people or black people HAVE to dress a certain way. it's just an observation. the way a majority of black dressed back then is how a majority of white kids dress now.
June 05, 2012 @ 15:09:51
Originally posted by Inactive User
straw hats are from 02.

so they'll make a comeback in 5 years. only it will go with a shirt and tie this time.
June 07, 2012 @ 15:42:28
on the cool though who was the first rapper to bring back snapbacks though?
Mikey Rocks

no lie. i don't think people give the cool kids as much credit as they deserve for bringing back a lot of today's trends; just watch the black mags video. mikey rocks stopped wearing skinnies around 2010 tho...

People here were rocking skinny jeans around 2010 though, regardless of hip hop fashion

Also all of this just makes me lol, i don't think its about white kids wearing black clothing, i think people get annoyed when white kids try and act like black culture is theirs. Talking, listening and just acting like they're part of black culture

Its an odd subject really
June 07, 2012 @ 16:09:43
emo kids brought back skinny jeans
June 07, 2012 @ 20:53:52
emo kids brought back skinny jeans

lol

I remember in like '04 or '05 kids were wearing jeans made for females because most jean brands didn't offer a skinny cut for men yet yet.
Please login first to reply.
x