May 20, 2012 @ 01:30 AM
jafeel

So I sold this dude a medium hoodie and he claims it is a small and took a pic of A tag indicating small and has now won the case and I received a small instead of my original medium.

Apparently all you need to scam someone on paypal is to take a picture of a tag in your favor, and paypal will side with you.
May 20, 2012 @ 01:43 AM
johnathan

ok

free max b 2013

May 20, 2012 @ 01:48 AM
paulywalnuts

thats fucked, sorry dude
PayPal does fucking blow, they fucked me
they gave me the banhammer for putting money from a MoneyPak or GreenPak i forget what it's called into my account, then into my bank account. apparently that's grounds for a permanent banhammer, so they hit me with it, no warning, nothing. i have filed numerous claims and called them and nothing. nothing. they won't even let me close my acconut so i just have a compeltely useless paypal account and i can never sign up again.
luckily i have a saint of a girlfriend.

i master bait from time to time///wtb supreme/rust-oleum beanie

May 20, 2012 @ 01:49 AM
paulywalnuts

also luckily, Wells Fargo and Bank of America have started a new service that operates like PayPal, it might take over soon enough
it's a viable alternative at this point. you can wire money cheaply and quickly to someone else.

May 20, 2012 @ 02:51 AM
Fitch

^Those money transfer services that many banks tend to use are usually complete shit. My bank has one too, and I've had experience with the one at my mom's bank. Most are complete shit! Still never used the ones at Wells Fargo or Bank of America, but I'm not holding my breath.
May 20, 2012 @ 03:13 AM
Redline

yup paypal will usually side with the buyer, i believe they actually revamped the system awhile ago for that?

sucks dick. but i still use it.
May 20, 2012 @ 03:22 AM
jacobsever

So pretty much this dude just traded you a medium sized hoodie for a small?
And you're out no money?

Doesn't really sound that bad. Just sell the small bro.

May 20, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
paulywalnuts

^Those money transfer services that many banks tend to use are usually complete shit. My bank has one too, and I've had experience with the one at my mom's bank. Most are complete shit! Still never used the ones at Wells Fargo or Bank of America, but I'm not holding my breath.

um why are they complete shit? transfers money in <24 hours, dont understand how this could be shit

May 20, 2012 @ 03:40 AM
zeezyo

damn that fucking sucks. i lost a case few weeks back. always ship with tracking, especially to those international assholes. i shipped without tracking cuz that asshole was too cheap to pay for it and then he says he never received it. paypal sided with him and now Im out 140.

X

May 20, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
paulywalnuts

more important than shipping is dealing with someone who has references
the times i have got ripped off or something got fucked up it was because i was dealing with first, someone with no references and secondly, someone with a few references, but only for small deals like t-shirts

only deal with someone who seems to actually care and has bought and sold items that would be worth it, like $100 or more

May 20, 2012 @ 04:13 AM
Sam

I haven;'t sold anything through paypal in ages.. now everyday I see SELLERS getting scammed.. and Paypal always sides with the buyer which is BS.. every when you have proof. Please remind me how to be an efficient seller again through message boards, I used to sell things without even providing proof and tracking, which is what fucks a lot of ppl these days..

1. Take screenshots of messages
2. Tracking number & shipping confirmation
3. Dealing with reputable members..
4. Don't ever send as gift when buying* imo
May 20, 2012 @ 04:19 AM
jafeel

So pretty much this dude just traded you a medium sized hoodie for a small?
And you're out no money?

Doesn't really sound that bad. Just sell the small bro.

Dude imagine selling an item and the buyer finds out he doesnt like it or doesnt fit right, and wants to get his money back. He can just take a pic of another tag and say you shipped out the wrong size and he can get his money back and you're left with a different size, shitty condition product or even a fake.. Even if you prove you sold the right size, paypal will say you fucked up and sold the wrong size. C'mon son.

Paypal knows this but they also know that they are as of right now the best way to do transactions online so they wont do shit but still be able to reap in the profits of that 4%.
May 20, 2012 @ 06:28 AM
jacobsever

Yeah, I mean it sucks. But it's still better than if he said he never received the package at all, and you had to refund his money without getting anything back from him.

May 20, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
Fitch

um why are they complete shit? transfers money in <24 hours, dont understand how this could be shit

Again, I've never used the ones at Wells Fargo or Bank of America, so maybe you had a different experience. The first time I had to use one of those services was a while ago when my mom had to transfer funds into my account because of some money I had lent prior. That service was called something stupid like "ZashPay" or something. Anyway, they advertised that the money transfer CAN take as little as one business day, but it took like seven for me. It started off simple, you enter the name, email and amount for the person you want to send money. They get an email telling them they're being sent money. Nothing bad yet. I go to the link, I have to register, I have to become "verified" and have to wait like an entire fucking week to get paid. I also had to email twice to find out what the fuck was up. Oh, and apparently this bank charges a monthly fee just to be able to send people money. Also, if I remember right, if the recipient doesn't claim the money after x days, I think the people just keep it.Had I known it would be retarded, I would have just opted for a check.
May 20, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
dellzz

Unfortunately, We live in a society comprise of cruel people.
May 20, 2012 @ 05:25 PM
Redline

What I do is bring my shit to the post office, and make a video of me packing&shipping it
May 24, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
Araab-Muzik

Unfortunately, We live in a society comprise of cruel people.

Couldn't of said it any better
May 24, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
99%Shit

If I have to send money to anyone I actually know, I use Interac e-transfer. Straight from my online banking, punch in the amount and which account to draw from, make up a question and answer, type in recipient's email address. Money hangs in limbo 'til the person opens the email and types in the password, then voilà, money in the bank. Service costs $1.50 per transaction with a minimum of $10 sent. No lost payments, no disputes of whether or not it was received. For sales though, iunno, there's no buyer protection, you'd have to make up a legitimate agreement first.

Never been fucked by PayPal, nor have I fucked anyone else. Only thing that vexed me, no instant bank transfers unless you have a CC attached to the account. I once deleted one that I had gotten rid of and was sent back to the stone-age of e-cheques, 8 fucking days to clear! Thank god I got my credit game back.

narsha.narsha.narsha

May 24, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
LA_1201

lol dude got trolled

taskforce bitch mob nigga

Please login first to reply.