Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
April 30, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
dmwalking

Am I the only one looking forward to that age? Look, I love being only 18 and can do whatever I want I guess, but at 25 I will have graduated college, have a degree, and will completely be able to travel around the globe, full of whacky mishaps and wild adventures. Then, someday if/when I want/need to actually get a real job, I will have the prerequisite to get one that doesn't involve me mixing concrete.

Personally, I love being "old." It's freedom. I do what i want when i want because i have my own dough that i and only i worked for. Just make smart money decisions, live below your means, travel, get a good group of friends (and girl) who holds you down, stay in shape, and remain creative and humorous. Enjoy the small things and always work on self improvement. Still dream like youre young and never give Up your passions. And don't buy into society's packaged ideal of "success." marine biologists make substantially less than dentists, yet dentists have a higher suicide rate. Think about that. Be happy. Just a suggestion from an old dude.

And I'm currently working on being a firefighter. It's a pay downgrade from being a banker, but helping people for me is better than paychecks for taking advantage of them. I'm one of those types. *shrug*

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

April 30, 2012 @ 03:38 AM

Inactive

Am I the only one looking forward to that age? Look, I love being only 18 and can do whatever I want I guess, but at 25 I will have graduated college, have a degree, and will completely be able to travel around the globe, full of whacky mishaps and wild adventures. Then, someday if/when I want/need to actually get a real job, I will have the prerequisite to get one that doesn't involve me mixing concrete.

Um, change that to 18-23
April 30, 2012 @ 03:43 AM
Axraexl

This is probably the first mature discussion i've come across from the 2 years ive been on this site

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

April 30, 2012 @ 04:42 AM
J THRILLLAH

aka failure.

Get outta the shower and I'd deep fry your flip floppin' rainbow ass.

April 30, 2012 @ 04:44 AM
loop

only 2 and already sucked on a dildo cool

lol theyre starting young nowadays
April 30, 2012 @ 04:51 AM
Gauntlet

metameme is such a faggot lol

//FS//: S/S '12 Supreme x TNF black jacket in L. Camel Camp Cap in khaki. Sz 10 Supreme x Nike SB Dunk Low. PM me

April 30, 2012 @ 05:01 AM
scarlem

I'm located in Seoul, gonna be here for another year at least. If you need help w/ anything let me know.

I'm probably gonna be placed in some random city, hopefully they will put me in cheonan like i asked.
it'd be cool to meet you, we can help each other pick up some fine breezys in gangnam.
April 30, 2012 @ 05:07 AM
scarlem

Personally, I love being "old." It's freedom. I do what i want when i want because i have my own dough that i and only i worked for. Just make smart money decisions, live below your means, travel, get a good group of friends (and girl) who holds you down, stay in shape, and remain creative and humorous. Enjoy the small things and always work on self improvement. Still dream like youre young and never give Up your passions. And don't buy into society's packaged ideal of "success." marine biologists make substantially less than dentists, yet dentists have a higher suicide rate. Think about that. Be happy. Just a suggestion from an old dude.

And I'm currently working on being a firefighter. It's a pay downgrade from being a banker, but helping people for me is better than paychecks for taking advantage of them. I'm one of those types. *shrug*

awesome post man
April 30, 2012 @ 05:13 AM
dellzz

Turning 27 in September. Finishing culinary school in two weeks. Everyone else is having kids and/or getting married, I'm just chilling and hoping to being able to travel and cook.

r.e.s.p.e.c.t.

At least now I know you're not black or spic.
April 30, 2012 @ 08:08 AM
kidkorea

I'm located in Seoul, gonna be here for another year at least. If you need help w/ anything let me know.

I'm probably gonna be placed in some random city, hopefully they will put me in cheonan like i asked.
it'd be cool to meet you, we can help each other pick up some fine breezys in gangnam.

I'm probably gonna be placed in some random city, hopefully they will put me in cheonan like i asked

Werd, hit me up and g'luck! .

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

April 30, 2012 @ 09:08 AM
johnathan

cool hats off to you for being a real ass man

free max b 2013

April 30, 2012 @ 09:44 AM
Virunga

This is probably the first mature discussion i've come across from the 2 years ive been on this site

sad to think that real talk threads used to the norm back in HB's glory days.

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

April 30, 2012 @ 12:22 PM
unemployed

im 19, and more successful (make more money) then 25 year old hype beasts.

the only thing people on HB can say is that im fat, but i mean u even dont have that for long.

Lol
April 30, 2012 @ 04:53 PM
chef_

24 here i feel the same as i can remember, actually i seem to think about things alot more.

edit: being 18 and telling yourself what your expecting to happen when your 25 is going to be the complete opposite of what your thinking.
May 1, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

Inactive

Props to you, mate. Don't stress and live life to the fullest smile
May 1, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
Miles_Morales

best post so far. I'm 16, don't have much "life" experience yet. Unless you guys want to know how I talked myself into every AP class, Student Government, and my school's leader program, without having ANY of the GPA requirements.
May 1, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
Miles_Morales

BTW like the thread Boland, has to be the only one where noone's mentioned "ban" yet lol
May 1, 2012 @ 03:41 AM
SK

boss. can you tell me about the process of becoming a firefighter (prerequisites and what not)? its something ive always been interested in.

All I do is smoke weed and play jazz

May 6, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
lovedmndlife

i like your words of wisdom

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

May 7, 2012 @ 12:25 AM
thrillmatic

I'm 25 now.

Moved out to China after graduating college to learn Mandarin and travel all around China. Now living in Korea and started a bag line with my brother. We signed a new investment deal last week and we're bout to do it up in 2012! Also starting a culture/subculture website about Korea with the investor company, basically travel all around Korea doing fun shit and just documenting it all.

After college you kinda feel "lost" but there's a cool, exciting feeling not knowing what direction your life is going to head. Best advice I can give for anyone is to TRAVEL and meet as many people as you can. The next person you meet could change your life and that's happened to me multiple times in the past 2 years.

Good quote:

“I beg young people to travel. If you don’t have a passport, get one. Take a summer, get a backpack and go to Delhi, go to Saigon, go to Bangkok, go to Kenya. Have your mind blown. Eat interesting food. Dig some interesting people. Have an adventure. Be careful. Come back and you’re going to see your country differently, you’re going to see your president differently, no matter who it is. Music, culture, food, water. Your showers will become shorter. You’re going to get a sense of what globalization looks like. It’s not what Tom Friedman writes about; I’m sorry. You’re going to see that global climate change is very real. And that for some people, their day consists of walking 12 miles for four buckets of water. And so there are lessons that you can’t get out of a book that are waiting for you at the other end of that flight. A lot of people—Americans and Europeans—come back and go, ohhhhh. And the light bulb goes on.”

Henry Rollins

edit: Here's the first couple bags we put out if anyone's interested http://www.iisewear.com/collection

We're relaunching with a new site, collection, and shop by the summer, help support by liking the FB page.

Sounds good. Now, if you could just translate that into Ebonics for me...

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

May 7, 2012 @ 04:35 AM
bonemarrow

This is probably the first mature discussion i've come across from the 3 years ive been on this site

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

May 7, 2012 @ 03:51 PM
dmwalking

boss. can you tell me about the process of becoming a firefighter (prerequisites and what not)? its something ive always been interested in.

I'm not an expert. I think every city/state is different. But every 2 years they have an entrance exam to fill the positions of the guys who retire. So keep an eye out for when they schedule them. The prerequisites are simple. No felonies. Pass the entrance exam. Be in good physical shape. The rest is up to them to select you from the over 1000 guys who took the same test as you.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

May 7, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
damnwitless1

DM been the official old-head dude on HB for years, y'all niggas need to get familiar

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

May 7, 2012 @ 09:07 PM
dmwalking

DM been the official old-head dude on HB for years, y'all niggas need to get familiar

LMAO. True.

May 8, 2012 @ 03:30 AM
young idiot

lol why is that guy standing in a shower
May 8, 2012 @ 03:38 AM
dotfras

Turning 24 soon. Feel like I'm getting older. Advice for those who are younger - don't party your life away. Wasted a lot of time & money on alcohol/drugs.....got me nowhere.

Seek out real friendships, travel as much as you can, & don't spend too much time worrying about the future!

FS: Jordan XI Gamma || Grape V || Size 9

May 8, 2012 @ 04:28 AM
THiZZ

Turning 27 in September. Finishing culinary school in two weeks. Everyone else is having kids and/or getting married, I'm just chilling and hoping to being able to travel and cook.

This is my life except im 26 and graduate next year...

Please login first to reply.