Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 18, 2012 @ 04:51 AM

Inactive

everyone raps and produces now because they want the superstar lifestyle

its alotta shitty rapper/producers out now because its so easy to just put something out online and get attention for it

i produce but its just something to make some quick money off (selling beats)

my real dreams lie in a jazz band

seems like this era is similar to the 80's and pre 80's where instruments were so popular, the only difference is it actually takes skill and dedication to play an instrument. anyone can talk over a beat and call it a song, or make some bullshit in fruity loops and call it a beat
April 18, 2012 @ 05:31 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

that strong desire for social acceptance.

These niggas believe that the only way to validate their worth within media constructed social norms is to be famous. Since a lot of these no talent niggas made it big, it has given the average joe confidence to pursue this path to becoming a rapper/producer.
April 18, 2012 @ 06:01 AM
EL_Guapo

I'm gonna be a rapper and I would like to thank all the lame ass Mac Miller Wiz Khalifa wanna be's out there making it easier for A&R's to sing me cuz the more bullshit there is, the easier it is for me to shine with that hood street shit i'm a be the next pac beleee that i'm even gon die wen i am 27 nigga the plan gonna unfold y'all hearD?

OC CASANOVA : the only acceptable piercing on a guy is a tongue ring rt Enzoo : if u getting ya tongue pierce u suckin dick male or female

April 18, 2012 @ 06:12 AM
ndrew

....but im not a rapper.

www.headhunterla.com

April 18, 2012 @ 06:25 AM
ReZ

ask op of every other post here:
http://hypebeast.com/forums/music/
April 18, 2012 @ 06:31 AM
auszero

I think cause its the most accessible to create. With ableton live you can sample and stretch and loop. Then throw some verse on top of that and you're done. Everyone has computers now and you don't need expensive audio interfaces and tons of instruments. More traditional types of music utilizing more music theory and mics and multi channel audio interfaces.
April 18, 2012 @ 06:40 AM

Inactive

They not tryin to become a rapper or a producer, but shits hella fun to do. Then when you notice that you pretty good at bein a rapper and make beats and shit, you feel like your the shit and raw at it and think you are gonna make it big. Thats shit is fun though to do as a hobby no lie.
April 18, 2012 @ 01:40 PM
thrillmatic

i hope this new era of creative freedom and better chance of exposure in hip hop will change the genre for the better after all the corny motherfuckers have come and gone and worldstar has been shut down.

truth

but i like worldstar, the same way i like maury or judge jury

maybe niggas want to tour why u so negative about it? an im sure some niggs are only reaching for an indie label and actually enjoy doing it

r u saying u prefer the lifestyle of a lawyer rather than a rapper/producer? to each his own

agreed

Big Sean changed the rap game when everyone jacked his flow before he became the "ass" guy and lex luger changed the production game so that was a good reference imo and rappers are annoying but the truth is it takes no talent to make it in rap anymore (look at mac miller or asap rocky) you dont need good lyrics you just need to look or sound cool so everyone wants to do it blah blah tumblr herbs and shit like that and niggers

thank god i'm not the only one who doesn't really respect mac or a$ap. mac does respect rap tradition but the kid just isn't a commanding figure. a$ap is just a "pretty motherfucker", self-exclaimed. he was just smart enough to link up with the best underground producers and start up in harlem aka nigger mecca

everyone raps and produces now because they want the superstar lifestyle

its alotta shitty rapper/producers out now because its so easy to just put something out online and get attention for it

i produce but its just something to make some quick money off (selling beats)

my real dreams lie in a jazz band

seems like this era is similar to the 80's and pre 80's where instruments were so popular, the only difference is it actually takes skill and dedication to play an instrument. anyone can talk over a beat and call it a song, or make some bullshit in fruity loops and call it a beat

i love jazz, more power to you. Bad Bad Not Good reminds me of the Dave Brubeck Quartet so fucking much. I wish you the best.

ask op of every other post here:
http://hypebeast.com/forums/music/

hahaha i saw this coming but then i remember that the Odd Future dickriders (a group I used to belong to) came here because of a certain someone posting in that sub-forum.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

April 18, 2012 @ 04:05 PM
NapoleonComplex

Its the fact that this can get a Kanye West cosign

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

April 18, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
TheAbstrakt

They not tryin to become a rapper or a producer, but shits hella fun to do. Then when you notice that you pretty good at bein a rapper and make beats and shit, you feel like your the shit and raw at it and think you are gonna make it big. Thats shit is fun though to do as a hobby no lie.

honestly just this. no need to hate on fools, theyre just fucking around with it.
April 18, 2012 @ 05:25 PM
Black Donald Trump

chief keef is the real deal, if you cant recognize that, or what is happening in the music, particularly rap industry, then i dont know what to tell you. ya the old rappers, biggie, tupac, wu tang, nas, were all amazing, but straight up why would people be making the same music 20 years later? what we are seeing now is the beginning of something new and creative beyond straightforward "good" rap with "good" lyrics.yes theres some terrible rappers at every high school promoting the hell out of their shit, but there are also some artists who really are make good, new shit. what chief keef is doing is 100% intentional, and very smart,to the point that i really dont think a lot of people understand, and i honestly think he will make some of the best music of the next 5-10 years. thats what kanye sees.
maybe im just a biased chicago kid though
April 18, 2012 @ 05:44 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

As a lyrical NYC rapper I've found that the biggest challenge artistically is adding elements of other styles into my own, that's the problem with a lot of dudes who still do straight up spitting nowadays, they rely too heavily on cliche flows and subject matter while calling what they do "Real Hip-Hop".
The key element of 90s rap that has been pretty much forgotten about was INNOVATION, every group or individual rapper HAD to come with a whole unique spin on the idea of flowing words over a beat, but ever since like Life After Death the whole industry started being creatively driven by market trends and the prerequisite soul-searching that was expected of lyricists got replaced with their ability to match whatever sound was popular.
But NOW, since the whole manner in which people find new music has been completely redefined, innovation is once again becoming a necessity in weeding out those who are actually about the music from all the dudes just trying to get famous fast

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

April 18, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
Black Donald Trump

As a lyrical NYC rapper I've found that the biggest challenge artistically is adding elements of other styles into my own, that's the problem with a lot of dudes who still do straight up spitting nowadays, they rely too heavily on cliche flows and subject matter while calling what they do "Real Hip-Hop".
The key element of 90s rap that has been pretty much forgotten about was INNOVATION, every group or individual rapper HAD to come with a whole unique spin on the idea of flowing words over a beat, but ever since like Life After Death the whole industry started being creatively driven by market trends and the prerequisite soul-searching that was expected of lyricists got replaced with their ability to match whatever sound was popular.
But NOW, since the whole manner in which people find new music has been completely redefined, innovation is once again becoming a necessity in weeding out those who are actually about the music from all the dudes just trying to get famous fast

April 18, 2012 @ 06:28 PM
EL_Guapo

Okay so wassup with the rhymes then? Y'all niggas claim to rap yet are over here on some politics. Don't hate on a another nigga's success, fucking lames. HB full of herbs, this thread shows proof

OC CASANOVA : the only acceptable piercing on a guy is a tongue ring rt Enzoo : if u getting ya tongue pierce u suckin dick male or female

April 18, 2012 @ 06:33 PM
BuddyOmar

chief keef is the real deal, if you cant recognize that, or what is happening in the music, particularly rap industry, then i dont know what to tell you. ya the old rappers, biggie, tupac, wu tang, nas, were all amazing, but straight up why would people be making the same music 20 years later? what we are seeing now is the beginning of something new and creative beyond straightforward "good" rap with "good" lyrics.yes theres some terrible rappers at every high school promoting the hell out of their shit, but there are also some artists who really are make good, new shit. what chief keef is doing is 100% intentional, and very smart,to the point that i really dont think a lot of people understand, and i honestly think he will make some of the best music of the next 5-10 years. thats what kanye sees.

Chill youngin, just chill. This Chief Keef nigga is no better than any other whack nigga on Worldstar with "Unsigned Hype" next to their names. The boy Kanye is as bipolar and mentally frenetic as Delonte West, minus banging out his homeboys' mommas. Lately he been feeling all this aggressive ignorant shit. The nigga feels different niggas no homo all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if this nigga brings back a bunch of ghetto ass trends. Kanye likes him because he's young, has a couple catchy tracks and he's from Chicago. Nothing makes this nigga any different than Waka Flocka except Kanye has an opportunity to claim him as his own. If anything, CHief Keef's producer deserves more credit than the nigga himself. Lets see how long Kanye openly supports him until he moves onto the next hot thing pause.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

April 18, 2012 @ 06:41 PM
EL_Guapo

Chill youngin, just chill. This Chief Keef nigga is no better than any other whack nigga on Worldstar with "Unsigned Hype" next to their names. The boy Kanye is as bipolar and mentally frenetic as Delonte West, minus banging out his homeboys' mommas. Lately he been feeling all this aggressive ignorant shit. The nigga feels different niggas no homo all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if this nigga brings back a bunch of ghetto ass trends. Kanye likes him because he's young, has a couple catchy tracks and he's from Chicago. Nothing makes this nigga any different than Waka Flocka except Kanye has an opportunity to claim him as his own. If anything, CHief Keef's producer deserves more credit than the nigga himself. Lets see how long Kanye openly supports him until he moves onto the next hot thing pause.
Nap is a straight up dumb ass nigga how do you think this herb Chief Keefa gonna run the rap game with those sorry ass bars? Buddy Omar goes harder and he just do it for fun, Kanye gonna give him a chance or just use him like Diddy does to anyone under his label.

April 18, 2012 @ 06:47 PM

yep. its hilarious to read these kids that have no idea what they're talking about in the first place try and criticize real hip hop as if its limited to nas' stilo. commercial hip hop is based on trends and hype to such an extreme extent that it would seem that its all there is. but nah...crazy, innovative and incredible music has been coming out of the underground constantly the past 14 years or so...and its not going to stay overlooked for long. which is why i don't even feel the need to argue with these kids, straight up...they just haven't heard what there really is out there

PERSONAL FAVORITES V2 and V3 (both active!) - http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187061 http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/196716

April 18, 2012 @ 09:17 PM
kbos

the truth is it takes no talent to make it in rap anymore (look at mac miller or asap rocky) you dont need good lyrics you just need to look or sound cool so everyone wants to do it blah blah tumblr herbs and shit like that and niggers

I enjoy a lot of ASAP shit but those freestyles get dickridden on here EXTREMELY hard considering that you can jump into 9 outta 10 NYC cyphers and shit will be far hotter
April 18, 2012 @ 09:19 PM
kbos

nuff said
April 19, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
Fire

Got bored one day with the homie. I'm up first.
April 19, 2012 @ 03:39 AM
Ape

As for Ye co-signing Keef, his next album probably will be on that trap bourgeois shit. He been in the studio with 2 Chainz, Future, and Sonny Digital. Nigga always changes who he hangs around and co-signs every few years.

But the reason why every nigga wants to rap is because every nigga wants to have this feeling.

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

April 19, 2012 @ 04:32 AM
Sam

DJ KENN.. this kid is straight up japanese.. read chief keef's uncle saw him roaming the neighborhood and gave him a place to stay, that's where he started music with keef.. pretty dope

Please login first to reply.