Kevin Ma Vol. cant take the heat

April 18, 2012 @ 10:37:36
I enjoyed that segment.
It was an interesting look at the actual business side of HB.
Congrats to Kevin on all his success.

i too, will suck up and throw in a "Word, mad respect for the grind" smokeyface

haaaaa....

I wanna know what it feels like to have people clown me while stacking racks from their loyalty.

Kevin Ma reading this thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayO1wtXbh_Q

www.DOUBLEDONUTS.com www.DOUBLEDONUTS.tumblr.com

April 18, 2012 @ 12:36:08
Obviously the mods/admins at HB HQ don't give two shits about the interests of the members experience on the site. Common sense tells me that you make the bulk of your money from the front page, and you want to make the most money so you keep it looking "fresh" and "cool," I get that, and I'm sure the majority of the members get that. But when it comes to the forums, it should be catered to the members of it, it should ALWAYS be what THEY want, because after all, they're the users, and in order to create a strong community you need to make people happy. Now, I know it's impossible to make all the people happy all the time, but there is a way to please the majority, which is to vote. If people on here could've voted for what changes took place then maybe the OG members wouldn't have left and maybe the the top section of categories would get updated more than twice and a week, and maybe the WDYW wouldn't be in shambles. You should ONLY make a change to the forum when there's a huge influx of people shitting on what's in place, or if you're having consistent problems with the server you host on and things of that nature. Just because you develop this new layout doesn't mean shit. Learn to be patient and please the people when they want to be pleased. Niggas got no sense of shit over at that muhfucka.
April 18, 2012 @ 12:46:22
Obviously the mods/admins at HB HQ don't give two shits about the interests of the members experience on the site. Common sense tells me that you make the bulk of your money from the front page, and you want to make the most money so you keep it looking "fresh" and "cool," I get that, and I'm sure the majority of the members get that. But when it comes to the forums, it should be catered to the members of it, it should ALWAYS be what THEY want, because after all, they're the users, and in order to create a strong community you need to make people happy. Now, I know it's impossible to make all the people happy all the time, but there is a way to please the majority, which is to vote. If people on here could've voted for what changes took place then maybe the OG members wouldn't have left and maybe the the top section of categories would get updated more than twice and a week, and maybe the WDYW wouldn't be in shambles. You should ONLY make a change to the forum when there's a huge influx of people shitting on what's in place, or if you're having consistent problems with the server you host on and things of that nature. Just because you develop this new layout doesn't mean shit. Learn to be patient and please the people when they want to be pleased. Niggas got no sense of shit over at that muhfucka.

exactly.

HB was fine, then the layout change and open registration was the death of it.
April 18, 2012 @ 13:12:03

i actually think they do have a great sense of what's going on. other then the obvious that you stated, there are a lot of factors for upgrades to both a website and forums. One major reason (like all things) is an update to the forums software that drives this community. Potential security patches and updates, enhancements to better the user experience, a whole bunch of factors play in when you update your community interface. To say that the developers have no clue is quite a contradiction isn't it? Originally, they've developed something to get you here and keep you here long enough for you to see another change that you disagree with. So at the root of this, they are doing something right because now you are here complaining about it.

Perhaps this highlights some characteristics of the user base, the fact that users choose not to conform to these new changes and only complain about them. That does NOTHING to cultivate this so called 'community'. This doesn't go to say you can't disagree with things that change your user experience, those are the ones you claim 'OG members who have left'. My opinion is, if you're truly participating in a community for the actual content it's providing then the layout and functionality wouldn't be the reason why you continue posting within that community. However, if you disagree and leave because the functionality doesn't correlate to your standards, then perhaps you are only here to USE and not contribute. Hence the complaints normally come from the users who troll the board as an outlet for expression and not so much for the actual content the community creates.
April 18, 2012 @ 14:13:34
i actually think they do have a great sense of what's going on. other then the obvious that you stated, there are a lot of factors for upgrades to both a website and forums. One major reason (like all things) is an update to the forums software that drives this community. Potential security patches and updates, enhancements to better the user experience, a whole bunch of factors play in when you update your community interface. To say that the developers have no clue is quite a contradiction isn't it?

This is understandable. Security and up to date software are necessary. But this new layout did NOT better the user experience. It may be easier, but NOT better. The only thing that's good about it is the visual aesthitic (looks much cleaner and more sophisticated than V-Bullentin IMO) and having four comment buttons on top instead of a keyboard of things to choose from.

Originally posted by Inactive User
Originally, they've developed something to get you here and keep you here long enough for you to see another change that you disagree with. So at the root of this, they are doing something right because now you are here complaining about it.

Let's you have 100 people that come to your site regularly who are productive and enjoy it, but you make an "upgrade" that changes the complete operation of the site as well as allows open registration for WHOEVER the fuck, and you lose 70 regular members (who actually take the forum serious), but you gain 100 lurkers turned members that ONLY make troll posts like the ones they used to enjoy reading while they were non-members, your post quality as well as the amount of productive memberships you get is going to be drastically reduced. And what is it you end up with? A bunch of immature trolls who think they're being so funny and will say anything for someone to quote there post with "dead" or a picture of a casket. A productive member doesn't want to be around that bullshit ALL THE TIME.

Perhaps this highlights some characteristics of the user base, the fact that users choose not to conform to these new changes and only complain about them. That does NOTHING to cultivate this so called 'community'.

On HYPEBEAST complaining does nothing for a community, because like I said, HB HQ doesn't care. The community on your site should be something, that even it's not the cash cow or the main reason you started the site, should receive some type of extra attention, because we generate the most consistent income. If the Main page tanks tomorrow for some reason, you'll still make SOME cheese off the forum. because we're subject to the adds just like the main page. Cultivation is about creating and maintaining. Cultivating is not about changing soil when crops come in healthy.

This doesn't go to say you can't disagree with things that change your user experience, those are the ones you claim 'OG members who have left'. My opinion is, if you're truly participating in a community for the actual content it's providing then the layout and functionality wouldn't be the reason why you continue posting within that community. However, if you disagree and leave because the functionality doesn't correlate to your standards, then perhaps you are only here to USE and not contribute. Hence the complaints normally come from the users who troll the board as an outlet for expression and not so much for the actual content the community creates.

I'm here for the community now, which is why I stayed. There are others who are here for the community as well but the visual and functionality aspect of it became so poor they didn't want to deal with the change. The majority of those members that left just so happen to be OG productive members/mods. If you look at the post quality of when we joined it was MUCH higher than the post quality now.
April 18, 2012 @ 14:31:12
Dang I leave for one day and this thread turns into a full-fledged debate.
April 18, 2012 @ 15:03:43
LOL at Drew that Villn. Yall niggas ain't getting no pay raise. keep dickriding buddy Ma. Nigga is asian, his pole only long enough to support one thirsty bootyhole at a time.

hahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahha
April 18, 2012 @ 15:44:40
although I appreciate your thought out response, I'm not going to quote for quote on all of the topics. just a general broad stroke, the main page content is what is driving this site I wouldn't say so much as the forums. As outlined in the Windows adverse posted earlier, readership is up, unique visits are up, all of this is content driven and does spider out to additional networks. That's the root as a content provider. Forums become ancillary, almost secondary discussion to main page content. It's used to discuss topics on content that HB has created. Whether it's open registration or non-intuitive design and functionality. It's still secondary.

Members come and go, OG, new members, trolling members, it happens on every board possible and shouldn't be a top line revenue driver. The investment advertisers make are based on the unique visits and ppc at the content level, not based on the community discussion or activity. There are no metrics that are valuable to an investment in an open public forum. I'm sure this site, like many others, in its infancy had closed registration while it developed it's identity. Most of the originals consider this the good old days because they had to communicate with users who helped form that identity. Once that identity was established, content becomes the priority as that is how you drive ad revenue. You open up the community registration because it's secondary, with the proper controls in place, you now have a retaining user metric. Most advertisers look at demographic (content based), unique visitors, and quite frankly, the total reach of your content (boiled down statistic of "reblogs").

At the end of the day, the main page at HB is much improved then former. It's a clean redesign as if it were a magazine or a newspaper. I

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

April 18, 2012 @ 17:17:43
although I appreciate your thought out response, I'm not going to quote for quote on all of the topics. just a general broad stroke, the main page content is what is driving this site I wouldn't say so much as the forums. As outlined in the Windows adverse posted earlier, readership is up, unique visits are up, all of this is content driven and does spider out to additional networks. That's the root as a content provider. Forums become ancillary, almost secondary discussion to main page content. It's used to discuss topics on content that HB has created. Whether it's open registration or non-intuitive design and functionality. It's still secondary.

Members come and go, OG, new members, trolling members, it happens on every board possible and shouldn't be a top line revenue driver. The investment advertisers make are based on the unique visits and ppc at the content level, not based on the community discussion or activity. There are no metrics that are valuable to an investment in an open public forum. I'm sure this site, like many others, in its infancy had closed registration while it developed it's identity. Most of the originals consider this the good old days because they had to communicate with users who helped form that identity. Once that identity was established, content becomes the priority as that is how you drive ad revenue. You open up the community registration because it's secondary, with the proper controls in place, you now have a retaining user metric. Most advertisers look at demographic (content based), unique visitors, and quite frankly, the total reach of your content (boiled down statistic of "reblogs").

At the end of the day, the main page at HB is much improved then former. It's a clean redesign as if it were a magazine or a newspaper. I

Thanks for reinstating my point in your first paragraph. I know the forum is secondary. It shouldn't be treated as a second class citizen reaping the trickle down from the main page though. Are you going to spoil your first child for the simple fact that they were born first? No. You're going to give them equal treatment because they're both equally yours.
April 18, 2012 @ 18:44:47
I enjoyed that segment.
It was an interesting look at the actual business side of HB.
Congrats to Kevin on all his success.
ass kissing

OC CASANOVA : the only acceptable piercing on a guy is a tongue ring rt Enzoo : if u getting ya tongue pierce u suckin dick male or female

April 18, 2012 @ 18:47:39
kevin ma be swagging
Swagger is lacking in this picture,

OC CASANOVA : the only acceptable piercing on a guy is a tongue ring rt Enzoo : if u getting ya tongue pierce u suckin dick male or female

April 18, 2012 @ 20:25:47
Drewbacca
lol<a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/you/' rel='nofollow'>@you</a> guys flipping out and putting 10 on 2 anytime i do anything.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

April 19, 2012 @ 01:02:17
ban sandy

While there's life there is hope, only the dead have none.

April 19, 2012 @ 01:19:17
lol<a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/you/' rel='nofollow'><a href='http://hypebeast.com/members/you/' rel='nofollow'>@you</a></a> guys flipping out and putting 10 on 2 anytime i do anything.

Paved ur own path bro. Gotta roll with the punches. Plus ur head is big as fuck
April 19, 2012 @ 06:39:04
kevin ma needs to get rid of all these glitches on this site
April 19, 2012 @ 08:00:49
Odd Future ruined the forums.
April 19, 2012 @ 09:26:28
HB FORUMS CAN DO NO WRONG.

WE SHOULD BE HAPPY TO EVEN HAVE A FORUM, IT SERVED IT'S PURPOSE AND CREATES NO SIGNIFICANT REVENUE.

ACCEPT ALL CHANGES WITH A SMILE AND BE HAPPY THIS PLACE STILL EXISTS.

TROLLS VS MEMBERS WHO'VE MADE A CAREER STARTING ON THESE FORUMS; THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE.

April 19, 2012 @ 13:49:40
Sneaker street ;b
April 20, 2012 @ 03:47:08
Odd Future ruined the forums.
December 01, 2013 @ 12:05:56

free max b 2013

Please login first to reply.
x