April 16, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
sharky

April 16, 2012 @ 10:10 PM
DREWKKAKE

i closed the other thread. k-ma aint hiding
i just didn't feel like reading 10 more pages of you guys calling him a nigger for no reason lol

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

April 16, 2012 @ 10:21 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

So, do you actually own a Windows phone?
April 16, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
ksj

i just didn't feel like reading 10 more pages of you guys calling him a nigger for no reason lol

Why do you try so hard?
April 17, 2012 @ 12:54 AM
chrisfarley

kevin could u make the new banners width = 100%? PLEASE
April 17, 2012 @ 01:32 AM
bonemarrow

damn i like the nig

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

April 17, 2012 @ 01:53 AM
Youth In Asia

My name is Kevin Ma, and I run a website called Hi bees

FPM - MUCKFATH

April 17, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
zeezyo

fuck. lol at this thread. kevin, you must be so proud at what this forum has become.

X

April 17, 2012 @ 03:48 AM
sharky

so fucking dead
April 17, 2012 @ 04:47 AM
Gutts

SMFH it's kind of lowkey suss talking to this Kevin ma nigga. If I say "Ayo, ma!" sounds like i'm hollering at bitch even though i'm hollering at wimpsnail having asian nigga. #SMH #SUSS

this shit killed me
April 17, 2012 @ 08:46 AM
Zeeks

dude im dying loooooooool.
April 17, 2012 @ 08:49 AM
johnathan

free max b 2013

April 17, 2012 @ 01:38 PM
Virunga

wow

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

April 17, 2012 @ 08:32 PM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

Dat house negro. I see you Drew.
April 17, 2012 @ 08:33 PM
Exo

April 17, 2012 @ 08:44 PM
BuddyOmar

LOL at Drew that Villn. Yall niggas ain't getting no pay raise. keep dickriding buddy Ma. Nigga is asian, his pole only long enough to support one thirsty bootyhole at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

April 17, 2012 @ 11:32 PM
breakmon

Dead @ Drew acting all hard

Dead @ Hi Bees

inb4 Drew gets demodded for being a faggot
April 17, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
datniqqararthur

a plus to this forum is niqqas can type whatever they want. lmfao buddy O is ruthless, dead

Life was simple til we moved to tha hood.

April 18, 2012 @ 01:14 AM
ignorantian

LOL at Drew that Villn. Yall niggas ain't getting no pay raise. keep dickriding buddy Ma. Nigga is asian, his pole only long enough to support one thirsty bootyhole at a time.

hahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahha
April 18, 2012 @ 06:27 AM
JKR

kevin ma be swagging
April 18, 2012 @ 06:31 AM
ignorantian

if the general consensus is that vbulletin is better and so many of us want it back, why the fuck are these fascist assholes still changing shit and making the forums even worse?
April 18, 2012 @ 06:40 AM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

tbh Kevin Ma the shoutbox is fuckery right now you should get on that shit asap no rocky breh
April 18, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
JKR

kevin ma be running hb like communist china. chairman ma
April 18, 2012 @ 07:00 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

HI BEES
April 18, 2012 @ 08:11 AM
ignorantian

lol they moved the shit from the proposition thread in to here. this thread should be a sticky
April 18, 2012 @ 10:37 AM
RenAi beast

I enjoyed that segment.
It was an interesting look at the actual business side of HB.
Congrats to Kevin on all his success.

i too, will suck up and throw in a "Word, mad respect for the grind" cool

haaaaa....

I wanna know what it feels like to have people clown me while stacking racks from their loyalty.

Kevin Ma reading this thread:

www.DOUBLEDONUTS.com www.DOUBLEDONUTS.tumblr.com

April 18, 2012 @ 12:36 PM
th3kid

Obviously the mods/admins at HB HQ don't give two shits about the interests of the members experience on the site. Common sense tells me that you make the bulk of your money from the front page, and you want to make the most money so you keep it looking "fresh" and "cool," I get that, and I'm sure the majority of the members get that. But when it comes to the forums, it should be catered to the members of it, it should ALWAYS be what THEY want, because after all, they're the users, and in order to create a strong community you need to make people happy. Now, I know it's impossible to make all the people happy all the time, but there is a way to please the majority, which is to vote. If people on here could've voted for what changes took place then maybe the OG members wouldn't have left and maybe the the top section of categories would get updated more than twice and a week, and maybe the WDYW wouldn't be in shambles. You should ONLY make a change to the forum when there's a huge influx of people shitting on what's in place, or if you're having consistent problems with the server you host on and things of that nature. Just because you develop this new layout doesn't mean shit. Learn to be patient and please the people when they want to be pleased. Niggas got no sense of shit over at that muhfucka.
April 18, 2012 @ 12:46 PM
Based Sherane

Obviously the mods/admins at HB HQ don't give two shits about the interests of the members experience on the site. Common sense tells me that you make the bulk of your money from the front page, and you want to make the most money so you keep it looking "fresh" and "cool," I get that, and I'm sure the majority of the members get that. But when it comes to the forums, it should be catered to the members of it, it should ALWAYS be what THEY want, because after all, they're the users, and in order to create a strong community you need to make people happy. Now, I know it's impossible to make all the people happy all the time, but there is a way to please the majority, which is to vote. If people on here could've voted for what changes took place then maybe the OG members wouldn't have left and maybe the the top section of categories would get updated more than twice and a week, and maybe the WDYW wouldn't be in shambles. You should ONLY make a change to the forum when there's a huge influx of people shitting on what's in place, or if you're having consistent problems with the server you host on and things of that nature. Just because you develop this new layout doesn't mean shit. Learn to be patient and please the people when they want to be pleased. Niggas got no sense of shit over at that muhfucka.

exactly.

HB was fine, then the layout change and open registration was the death of it.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168849/

April 18, 2012 @ 01:12 PM
Brian@ONLY

i actually think they do have a great sense of what's going on. other then the obvious that you stated, there are a lot of factors for upgrades to both a website and forums. One major reason (like all things) is an update to the forums software that drives this community. Potential security patches and updates, enhancements to better the user experience, a whole bunch of factors play in when you update your community interface. To say that the developers have no clue is quite a contradiction isn't it? Originally, they've developed something to get you here and keep you here long enough for you to see another change that you disagree with. So at the root of this, they are doing something right because now you are here complaining about it.

Perhaps this highlights some characteristics of the user base, the fact that users choose not to conform to these new changes and only complain about them. That does NOTHING to cultivate this so called 'community'. This doesn't go to say you can't disagree with things that change your user experience, those are the ones you claim 'OG members who have left'. My opinion is, if you're truly participating in a community for the actual content it's providing then the layout and functionality wouldn't be the reason why you continue posting within that community. However, if you disagree and leave because the functionality doesn't correlate to your standards, then perhaps you are only here to USE and not contribute. Hence the complaints normally come from the users who troll the board as an outlet for expression and not so much for the actual content the community creates.
April 18, 2012 @ 02:13 PM
th3kid

i actually think they do have a great sense of what's going on. other then the obvious that you stated, there are a lot of factors for upgrades to both a website and forums. One major reason (like all things) is an update to the forums software that drives this community. Potential security patches and updates, enhancements to better the user experience, a whole bunch of factors play in when you update your community interface. To say that the developers have no clue is quite a contradiction isn't it?

This is understandable. Security and up to date software are necessary. But this new layout did NOT better the user experience. It may be easier, but NOT better. The only thing that's good about it is the visual aesthitic (looks much cleaner and more sophisticated than V-Bullentin IMO) and having four comment buttons on top instead of a keyboard of things to choose from.

Originally, they've developed something to get you here and keep you here long enough for you to see another change that you disagree with. So at the root of this, they are doing something right because now you are here complaining about it.

Let's you have 100 people that come to your site regularly who are productive and enjoy it, but you make an "upgrade" that changes the complete operation of the site as well as allows open registration for WHOEVER the fuck, and you lose 70 regular members (who actually take the forum serious), but you gain 100 lurkers turned members that ONLY make troll posts like the ones they used to enjoy reading while they were non-members, your post quality as well as the amount of productive memberships you get is going to be drastically reduced. And what is it you end up with? A bunch of immature trolls who think they're being so funny and will say anything for someone to quote there post with "dead" or a picture of a casket. A productive member doesn't want to be around that bullshit ALL THE TIME.

Perhaps this highlights some characteristics of the user base, the fact that users choose not to conform to these new changes and only complain about them. That does NOTHING to cultivate this so called 'community'.

On HYPEBEAST complaining does nothing for a community, because like I said, HB HQ doesn't care. The community on your site should be something, that even it's not the cash cow or the main reason you started the site, should receive some type of extra attention, because we generate the most consistent income. If the Main page tanks tomorrow for some reason, you'll still make SOME cheese off the forum. because we're subject to the adds just like the main page. Cultivation is about creating and maintaining. Cultivating is not about changing soil when crops come in healthy.

This doesn't go to say you can't disagree with things that change your user experience, those are the ones you claim 'OG members who have left'. My opinion is, if you're truly participating in a community for the actual content it's providing then the layout and functionality wouldn't be the reason why you continue posting within that community. However, if you disagree and leave because the functionality doesn't correlate to your standards, then perhaps you are only here to USE and not contribute. Hence the complaints normally come from the users who troll the board as an outlet for expression and not so much for the actual content the community creates.

I'm here for the community now, which is why I stayed. There are others who are here for the community as well but the visual and functionality aspect of it became so poor they didn't want to deal with the change. The majority of those members that left just so happen to be OG productive members/mods. If you look at the post quality of when we joined it was MUCH higher than the post quality now.

Please login first to reply.