Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 24, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
ignorantian

Ay. How many of you guys felt it was necessary to get out of where you grew up and go "find yourself" or whatever cheesy ass term you wanna call it? Right now I am in my first year at a community college in the town I grew up in and I just find myself feeling like I'm not really doing anything. Like I'm just going through the motions through work and school and partying and I feel like my life is just not shit right now.

So to sum it up, strongly considering going somewhere else next semester, like possibly back to California (where I am originally from). I feel like I need to go scare myself and get uncomrfortable in order to really test myself. What y'all think?
March 24, 2012 @ 07:56 PM
CONQ

I say yes... i grew up in cincy, and left for chicago when i was 18. 5 years later im now moving to NY

gotta stay active and always drive yourself to get to the next level
March 24, 2012 @ 08:08 PM
Pantic

Did just that a year and a half ago and it's been the best time of my life this far.
March 25, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
hools

in my second year of college and i still think of packing up and making it on my own in the world. the life i live is pretty comfortable, i'm afraid it's too comfortable. my only problem is money and finding a job... it's mad expensive being broke in this generation of ours.

how'd those of you who got out of your parents house get on your feet?
March 25, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
Zeeks

stay the fuck away from california i'm telling you now, its fucking horrible here right now. Currently waiting to gtfo out of my aunts house and live in my own apartment in LB. for school being international blows chunks.
March 25, 2012 @ 01:32 AM
ThugBear Numba6

suspended

I'm from Miami no thanks
March 25, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
Vancouver

I want to but it would hard leaving your buds and family. Also I want to start my own business and it would probably be more difficult if I moved. I would have to completely relearn the "culture" and how shit works around there. And it's not really something that's easy to pick up if you want to be in-depth about it. Like I grew up here, I know what all the highschool kids think is cool and trendy and shit. What spots businesses have thrived in. The "cool spots" etc...

Maybe when I'm older? Hawaii, San Fran, and somewhere in Asia spark my interest.
March 25, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
kmz

my high school, it was cool to not try and so i did that too
i got my shit together and gtfo that bitch and now have a job that most of em 1) have no idea what it entails even after explaining and 2) cant fathom the kind of money it has. most of em are still at community college and will stay there for 5 years if they even finish

miss my friends from home though. moving a lot (school, work, etc) and starting over from almost scratch every time is emotionally tough. but u know u cant stay in your comfort zone if u want to succeed especially when others around you have no motivation
March 25, 2012 @ 05:44 AM
Iron Chef El Chapo

i used to live in atlanta....nothing really there at all. so glad i moved down to miami. compared to the people i grew up with, im doing hella better. leaving is like 99% the battle. all my old friends stay getting dui's and doing nothing but smoking weed wishin their lives was spinning like them ceiling fans na mean?
March 25, 2012 @ 06:36 AM
Clazzy8

I moved from Houston to NY..planning to go to Chicago or Cali in a few years...then once I start making that cash imma head out to Australia.
March 25, 2012 @ 06:44 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

why does everybody move to NY?
March 25, 2012 @ 06:45 AM
unknown force

moving out in cali seems so hard if you plan on being in a somewhat nice area.
i'm just talking about trying to move out of home while in school with my gf and friend but its still expensive as fuq. i'm trying to pay off part of my loans while in school so i'm not 30k in debt when i get out. that mixed with being in school full-time so i can't exactly work full-time means i aint makin much money
March 25, 2012 @ 07:33 AM
kidkorea

move out for sure. The more you travel the more shit you will learn. I've lived in the States for all my life but moved and lived in China and now Korea for the past 2 years and the people I've met (from all over the world) and the things I've seen/experienced have broadened my mind and my entire outlook on life. Travelling, even if its somewhere different in the same country will be refreshing, educational, and fucking worth it I promise. Get finances sorted out first, and then make the move. It's going to be full of good times man.

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

March 25, 2012 @ 09:14 AM
chef_

yeh i'd like to think traveling broadens the mind.
March 25, 2012 @ 09:24 AM
Virunga

^ It does on one hand but on the other you realize the more shit changes the more the shit stays the same, aka you can't run away from your problems, if you're unhappy in one place changing locations won't prolly address the root causes of your issues.
take it from someone who's traveled ALOT!

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

March 25, 2012 @ 02:51 PM
The Noise

if you ain't got nothing holdin' you down , then it's definitely a good look to make moves . or you could just pull a cboom , drop everything and head out to japan to run a sushi restaurant .

millions

March 25, 2012 @ 05:23 PM
Mos

because NY is for hustlers, that's where the money at
March 25, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
WPGMB

I'm probably gunna do U1 and stay here then transfer to a uni in Montreal or Vancouver, been wanting to get outta this shit hole for awhile
March 25, 2012 @ 07:44 PM
damnwitless1

do it. I moved from LI to Cali after HS basically on a whim, I had big dreams goin out there and didn't achieve any of them, but it definitely DID allow me to reflect on my life up to that point and map out the plan for my life that I'm still sticking to to this day. So yeah, its good, a lot of times just being around the same old shit is the main thing keeping people from achieving personal excellence.

All I do is smoke weed and listen to MF DOOM innercitykidsmusic.com

March 25, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
Trollinator

because NY is for hustlers, that's where the money at

It would be nice to live there. It's expensive as hell though.

I want to see the world burn

March 26, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
thrillmatic

got to where dey got da trees bruh

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

March 26, 2012 @ 02:38 AM
ignorantian

Ay. How many of you guys felt it was necessary to get out of where you grew up and go "find yourself" or whatever cheesy ass term you wanna call it? Right now I am in my first year at a community college in the town I grew up in and I just find myself feeling like I'm not really doing anything. Like I'm just going through the motions through work and school and partying and I feel like my life is just not shit right now.

So to sum it up, strongly considering going somewhere else next semester, like possibly back to California (where I am originally from). I feel like I need to go scare myself and get uncomrfortable in order to really test myself. What y'all think?

Trust, you ain't the only one who feels this way. Anyone who grew up outside of the city limits in that "American Beauty"/"Pleasantland" bullshit-ass setting wants out eventually, at least anyone with a soul and some ambition.

Where are you at right now, and where in California do you want to settle in?

I live in Idaho right now. I'm from Temecula (Riverside area) so that are would be an option, but would really like to get to San Diego or LA because I like cities.
March 26, 2012 @ 04:47 AM

Inactive

Trust, you ain't the only one who feels this way. Anyone who grew up outside of the city limits in that "American Beauty"/"Pleasantland" bullshit-ass setting wants out eventually, at least anyone with a soul and some ambition.

I live in Idaho right now. I'm from Temecula (Riverside area) so that are would be an option, but would really like to get to San Diego or LA because I like cities.

Yo Ian, go for it man! Can you crash at your brothers then move to the city? I just dropped out of college, to run with my dreams. My dad just got a job in California, I'm still stuck in Tennessee but I'm moving back to Atlanta tomorrow, and will be living independently. For everybody else reading this, don't move out unless you have a solid plan, or steady work, or a pile of money! Be prepared before you jump from one place to another. Save until you can't take it, then bounce. haha Just my two cents.
March 26, 2012 @ 05:16 AM
ignorantian

Yo Ian, go for it man! Can you crash at your brothers then move to the city? I just dropped out of college, to run with my dreams. My dad just got a job in California, I'm still stuck in Tennessee but I'm moving back to Atlanta tomorrow, and will be living independently. For everybody else reading this, don't move out unless you have a solid plan, or steady work, or a pile of money! Be prepared before you jump from one place to another. Save until you can't take it, then bounce. haha Just my two cents.

Word, Eric. I wanna stay in school though. That's one thing I have realized. Throughout the first semester I was questioning whether or not I wanted to put myself through this but now I know I do. That's another thing that brings up issues though. I don't know the process of transferring whatever credits I have now to a school in CA but I'm sure it is a difficult and time consuming one.
March 26, 2012 @ 05:27 AM
TruthOnly

just make u sure none of u faggies cum to omaha, nebraska dis my town nikka id fuk all yall up
March 26, 2012 @ 05:29 AM
ignorantian

just make u sure none of u faggies cum to omaha, nebraska dis my town nikka id fuk all yall up

ill remember dat
March 26, 2012 @ 09:00 AM
1973 tha Kami

i moved from NYC to Singapore. Literally 12 hour time zone difference lol. Been here for 4 years now. Tested myself to the limit. Had to adapt to a place whereby half the population barely speaks proper english. Heading back home by 2013 smile
March 26, 2012 @ 09:57 AM
Clint Beastwood

I've moved all around cali went to four different community colleges until i finally got into SDSU. I understand the feeling of just wanting to get away. Best advice is save money and have a plan, depending on the city its easy to get distracted. Loving SD for the minute but planning on moving in the next 2 years.

instagram @ j_repp VIP host in SD, HB fam hmu for hook up

March 26, 2012 @ 10:26 AM

Inactive

i moved from NYC to Singapore. Literally 12 hour time zone difference lol. Been here for 4 years now. Tested myself to the limit. Had to adapt to a place whereby half the population barely speaks proper english. Heading back home by 2013 smile

Why Singapore?
March 26, 2012 @ 04:37 PM
chef_

its the funds stopping me from going anywhere, need to learn how to save.

Please login first to reply.