Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 18, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
Miles_Morales

I'm a Sophomore in HS right now, and I honestly don't have any idea on what to do after high school. I'm thinking about something in marketing/communications but idk anymore. Starting to get worried cause i'll be on my own in 2 years. anyone else not sure of what they wanna do in life? How'd you figure it all out?
March 18, 2012 @ 10:34 PM
Gilly Suits

Well I figured I didn't wanna do anything that I wasn't interested in for the rest of my life. Rather blow my own head off. So I am going to school double majoring with Business and Communications. I am also this Summer taking Music business classes at Berkeley Music so I can pursue an idea I had for the music industry which I can't discuss yet on HB till I copyright and start hiring people. Will probably recruit here.

But on a lighter note:

Culective.com //

March 18, 2012 @ 10:36 PM
craigsagersuit

culinary arts cuz lil b inspired me

He's cute? I bet he ain't #Hansum

March 18, 2012 @ 10:39 PM
Miles_Morales

Well I figured I didn't wanna do anything that I wasn't interested in for the rest of my life. Rather blow my own head off. So I am going to school double majoring with Business and Communications. I am also this Summer taking Music business classes at Berkeley Music so I can pursue an idea I had for the music industry which I can't discuss yet on HB till I copyright and start hiring people. Will probably recruit here.

But on a lighter note:

cool. Best of luck with your idea!
March 18, 2012 @ 10:56 PM
kmz

college?
March 18, 2012 @ 11:03 PM
barkevvv

getting that EMT cert for fire academy and then hopefully in 2-3 years ill be working for the local FD or somewhere within driving distance

shits tough as fuck though
March 18, 2012 @ 11:18 PM
jaded

I'm a Sophomore in HS right now, and I honestly don't have any idea on what to do after high school. I'm thinking about something in marketing/communications but idk anymore. Starting to get worried cause i'll be on my own in 2 years. anyone else not sure of what they wanna do in life? How'd you figure it all out?

You're still young, you have plenty of time to sort it out. Personally, I would recommend against a major in Marketing/Communications just because it's a flooded field. I know so many people that majored in that. If you're truly passionate about it, then by all means stick to it, because your drive to be successful in that area will keep you going.

If I could go back and do it again, I think I would've gone the junior college route instead of going straight to a university. I went to a really small high school and I wasn't ready for a university when I got there. Plus I felt rushed to pick a major because they ask you to try and declare as soon as possible. Now the budget in California is so screwed up that the state colleges aren't even allowing grads to go back and complete a second major, so even if I wanted to add a second major, I couldn't. There's no shame in getting your undergrad done at a community college; it's cheaper, the class sizes are significantly smaller, and it gives you time to start figuring out what direction you want to head. It's also easier to form relationships with your teachers, get more help from them when you need it, and that can lead to strong letters of recommendation when it comes time to apply to a university. I had to take Calculus at a community college and there was about 35 of us in the class, if I would've taken it at my university I would've been in an auditorium style classroom with about 200 other kids.

The most important thing is to do what you love and what you can be happy about doing for as long as you care to work. If you pick something based on salary or because you think it's going to bring you a certain level of recognition and/or respect, you're going to wind up disappointed.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

March 18, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
UFO..

I wanna produce full time tbh, but Imma go to community college for Computer Programming so I can fall back on something
March 18, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
Gilly Suits

Jaded is right Communications and marketing is a flooded field which you could probably replace with certificates which is why you specialize your field so it sounds fancy or actually helps you out. May I suggest checking if your college allows you to make your own major and branching off as an offshoot of those

Culective.com //

March 18, 2012 @ 11:49 PM
kbos

My logic was to major in something that could lead to different opportunities and career paths, since I didn't know of anything in particular I wanted to specialize in. I'm studying marketing and I learn a lot about business in my courses. It's pretty interesting and fortunately it just makes sense to me. Who knows if its the way to go or not, there is no easy secret to life just weigh out your options and do what you gotta do to get where you wanna get.

So far in my experience life never really goes how you expect it, so developing a life long plan seems pointless.
March 18, 2012 @ 11:57 PM
glennboy

But on a lighter note:

when will this be?

Live Life // Get Mo Money

March 19, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
Gilly Suits

But on a lighter note:

when will this be?

Copyright takes 3 months plan on submitting end of April early May so I should have full go by August which is when I finish classes at Berk and start my senior year college. So glad to see this in action as I had no plans for my life and all I did was write down ideas.

Culective.com //

March 19, 2012 @ 12:10 AM
BuddyOmar

But on a lighter note:

when will this be?

Copyright takes 3 months plan on submitting end of April early May so I should have full go by August which is when I finish classes at Berk and start my senior year college. So glad to see this in action as I had no plans for my life and all I did was write down ideas.

Holla at a young smart nigga. Buddy wants in on your plan. #OYYOY

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

March 19, 2012 @ 12:17 AM
$$$$$

I wanna write and direct for TV shows, movies, and music videos.
March 19, 2012 @ 02:12 AM
glennboy

But on a lighter note:

when will this be?

I double that, I got this aspiration for music to be in my life forever. This would be the dopeness

Live Life // Get Mo Money

March 19, 2012 @ 02:34 AM
Soulja4TheLORD

Just let go of all your fears of the future and let Jesus take the wheel.
He will always steer you in the right direction.

For God so loved the World!

March 19, 2012 @ 03:04 AM
Miles_Morales

But on a lighter note:

when will this be?

I was expecting a paragraph or two from you, guess it's too much to ask
March 19, 2012 @ 03:11 AM
xzther

Go to one of the UC's (probably UCSC) I got accepted to, while in school meet the love of my life, graduate, go to med school and get my doctorate in either Neurology or Cardiology and live a good after yo. Sacrifice then Success
March 19, 2012 @ 03:18 AM
jawesome

Making a 120k salary in three more years.

Instagram: prxsh

March 19, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
BuddyOmar

But on a lighter note:

when will this be?

I was expecting a paragraph or two from you, guess it's too much to ask

#BUSYBUDDY #LOVEYOUNOHOMODOE

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

March 19, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
thrillmatic

gone             

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

March 19, 2012 @ 03:48 AM
xzther

Sounds like a lot of work B, the first part is similar to my plan, good luck B
March 19, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
gotlighters

just make sure u do well in school. take a couple internships if you can to get an idea of what the working world is

selling NWOT diamond yacht tank and NWOT crate denim

March 19, 2012 @ 04:29 AM
jaded

Transfer to Yale/UPenn/Columbia. Graduate with a double bachelors' in chemistry and political science. Med school at a top 10. Residency at Johns Hopkins. Finish clincals by 35-36 and practice in Atlanta for 2-3 years and bag a bad bitch that won't be so thirsty as to plan on taking half when I let her know her pussy isn't tight like it used to be. Move to Linclon Park in Chicago at work as an acting spine surgeon at my former school's (UChicago) medical center. Make 12+ million dollars over the next 25 years performing operations and training new surgeons, with the hopes that I can spend enough time with my three children that they can become more cultured than their father ever was and a lot wiser about their drug usage. Make plans, possibly in vain, to fix up my fucked up native country (Nigeria). Retire and possibly move to the Hamptons. Read Tolstoy and Hemingway until a stroke leads to some former inner-city youth delivering the eulogy at my funeral by mentioning how great of a mentor I was, despite the fact that outside of time invested in improving the lives of others, my financial contributions were to me what many celebrities also see their own as: a tax write-off.

You seem angry.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

March 19, 2012 @ 08:43 AM
waitwut

fuck im in the same position as you OP
Senior in HS and still dont know what i wanna do after i graduate smh

im a decent ass student my grades are like C's and B's
March 19, 2012 @ 08:52 AM
zeezyo

got into med school so thats what I'll be doing for a while lol.

but my life goal is just to be as happy as possible.

X

March 19, 2012 @ 10:14 AM
xxxxxxm

Transfer to Yale/UPenn/Columbia. Graduate with a double bachelors' in chemistry and political science. Med school at a top 10. Residency at Johns Hopkins. Finish clincals by 35-36 and practice in Atlanta for 2-3 years and bag a bad bitch that won't be so thirsty as to plan on taking half when I let her know her pussy isn't tight like it used to be. Move to Linclon Park in Chicago at work as an acting spine surgeon at my former school's (UChicago) medical center. Make 12+ million dollars over the next 25 years performing operations and training new surgeons, with the hopes that I can spend enough time with my three children that they can become more cultured than their father ever was and a lot wiser about their drug usage. Make plans, possibly in vain, to fix up my fucked up native country (Nigeria). Retire and possibly move to the Hamptons. Read Tolstoy and Hemingway until a stroke leads to some former inner-city youth delivering the eulogy at my funeral by mentioning how great of a mentor I was, despite the fact that outside of time invested in improving the lives of others, my financial contributions were to me what many celebrities also see their own as: a tax write-off.

Is this really your plan in life? Questioning it because it boggles my mind knowing someone who would devote nearly half their life going into the medical field would be on HB, especially with something so serious as a spine surgeon.
March 19, 2012 @ 10:16 AM
xxxxxxm

March 19, 2012 @ 05:03 PM
Soul Rize

exact plan : graduate hs
go to community collage for 2 yrs take basics
transfer over to university to major in accounting while getting an internship in my jr year at a big accouting firm.
work their till i finish my degree.
double major inn information system
work in the firm for 8 yrs learn everything
start my own firm -
live my life

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

March 19, 2012 @ 05:07 PM
izanami

Please login first to reply.