HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
February 12, 2012 @ 03:45 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Been lurking this site for a while now but finally registered after seeing this thread:

hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/55613/?topic_page=492#post-3314792

Was looking through and a ton of the pictures there were simply horrendous, but on the other hand, some people were wearing stuff that seemed pretty normal whilst still receiving critisicm

Got me wondering, if wearing Vans, Jordans, Obey, Supreme and other popular brands/streetbrands gets you criticised, then isn't everyone on this site abit of a HB?

Or is my definition of a HB wrong?

Also you lot have some dodgy threads in this section lol
February 12, 2012 @ 04:00 PM
DStyles

Not me

plain hanes white T
blue jeans ( doesn't matter the brand, could be Lee, Route 66, or Levis)
some jordans sneakers
and hoodie

all good and the bright side is that my whole outfit cost less than $50 and could still bag more bitches than a nikka all preme'd out.

- DSteezy F. Baby

cool

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

February 12, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
Japanese Elitist

your moms a hypebeast to a certain degree.
February 12, 2012 @ 04:06 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

your moms a hypebeast to a certain degree.

Nah just your mum Japan boy

Not me

plain hanes white T
blue jeans ( doesn't matter the brand, could be Lee, Route 66, or Levis)
some jordans sneakers
and hoodie

all good and the bright side is that my whole outfit cost less than $50 and could still bag more bitches than a nikka all preme'd out.

- DSteezy F. Baby

cool

Yeah all about simplicity, fits look better when it looks like you're not trying too hard
February 12, 2012 @ 04:29 PM
missy.

mmm i would say "hypebeast" definitely influenced my "style". i dont think i dress like a "hypebeast" tho. i just take bits and pieces of certain styles and see what i can do. i dont think i'm the best dressed either.. but from being on this site, yes everyone is a "hypebeast" to a certain degree.

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

February 12, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Hmmm i see

A Hypebeast is basically someone who only wears what's popular then? Simply because it's popular and not because they actually like it?

Finding stuff to wear that isn't popular is a hard task
February 12, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
MrImFukNSleepN

____
Hypebeast:

A person who follows a trend to be cool or in style.
A person who wears what is hyped up.
Look at my hypebeast status supreme dunks, supreme sweater, supreme hat and matching jeans.

Henry.
_____
By that definition, no.
February 12, 2012 @ 04:49 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

oh god why do we have to explain this?

Were discussing man, others may have different definitions

____
Hypebeast:

A person who follows a trend to be cool or in style.
A person who wears what is hyped up.
Look at my hypebeast status supreme dunks, supreme sweater, supreme hat and matching jeans.

Henry.
_____
By that definition, no.

I see
February 12, 2012 @ 05:24 PM
xzther

Hmmm i see

A Hypebeast is basically someone who only wears what's popular then? Simply because it's popular and not because they actually like it?

Finding stuff to wear that isn't popular is a hard task

This. In my high school bunch of dumb teens don't even know what they're wearing just because it's "cool" but real recognized real and they don't seem familiar
February 12, 2012 @ 05:50 PM
missy.

who wears things cuz they actually like it nowadays? i know some people do (i try to i would think) but yea, a lot of people will end up wearing things cuz it's hype or cuz they think the opposite (or same) sex would look at them.

this guy was wearing a givenchy looking tee with the dog on it (but i dont think it was givenchy) at school with nike socks and flip flops. -____- i wonder if he wore it cuz it was hype or cuz he actually liked the tee. lol dude looked silly imo.

February 12, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

who wears things cuz they actually like it nowadays? i know some people do (i try to i would think) but yea, a lot of people will end up wearing things cuz it's hype or cuz they think the opposite (or same) sex would look at them.

this guy was wearing a givenchy looking tee with the dog on it (but i dont think it was givenchy) at school with nike socks and flip flops. -____- i wonder if he wore it cuz it was hype or cuz he actually liked the tee. lol dude looked silly imo.

Lol it's crazy, i too try to stick to things i like only, however, what happens when things you like turn out to be things that are hype? Overall it's an odd situation
February 12, 2012 @ 06:18 PM
missy.

lol i actually think of that too. like damnit its "hype" but fuck.. i like it.. oh well. then you mix it with something that's not as hype and you're concealed in a more modest way? lol i always do that it seems. like not everything i wear at one time is something "hype" or trendy now, maybe just one piece of clothing.. iono. but i guess that's where personal style comes in? instead of wearing every damned hype shit you own in one outfit, haha

February 12, 2012 @ 06:26 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

Yeah man, it's how i feel about Vans and Snapbacks, people rock them SO much but there are some really nice ones out there lol. These days i prefer 5-panels if anything though, don't know why people opt for Snapbacks when 5-panels look so much better IMO

I agree though, it becomes stupid when you're rocking pure hype, with the motive to prove that you own hype garms. either way it looks ridiculous when a whole fit is comprised of hype things only lol

Have to admit, it might sound hipster like but i still don't like rocking some things that are overly hype, when i see little kids rocking some stuff i know i gotta stay away from it lol
February 12, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
missy.

yeeea i've had to put away a few things cuz of the youngins nowadays :c

February 12, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

True that man

Please login first to reply.