Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 25, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
NapoleonComplex

Bill Maher tearin assholes open

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

January 25, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
silent AlaRM

lol that whole Premise was Hilarious..
January 25, 2012 @ 09:27 PM
jaded

Mitt Romney is a douchebag. He tries to identify himself as a blue collar guy and connect with people, meanwhile the guy hasn't worked a blue collar job a day in his life. In fact, he has hardly worked at all for years, because he makes about $20m a year on his "investments". He was a corporate takeover guy; he gutted companies and stripped the employees of everything for a profit. He's worth about a $250m and earns about $20m a year on investments and because of loop holes in the tax code he pays less in taxes than someone who is earning the median income in the US, which was recently announced as ~$26k a year.

He's not very intelligent either, have you ever heard him speak?

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

January 25, 2012 @ 09:44 PM
hypoh

I prefer Jon Stewart over Bill Maher. Romney gets roasted practically every night.
January 25, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
ignorantian

Not that hard to roast Romney lol. I usually agree with Maher but he is a total douche bag.
January 25, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
Homes

Funny, and I'm not a fan of Romney, but I completely disagree with everyone's criticism of his job as a venture capitalist. It's a matter of people who don't really understand what that is, and those who do understand, but exploit most people's misunderstanding to further the image (such as Bill Maher in this case). Is there something inherently wrong in Romney having been a successful businessman?

The metaphor he used, about "finding a weak animal, and eating it" is not at all what a venture capitalist does. First off, most of their cases are with start-ups, where they contribute to fledgling small businesses, with the hopes that they will grow to become larger and more successful (creating jobs and contributing to the economy). In the more rare case that their job IS to dismantle/takeover a failing company, the metaphor would be more accurate like this: We found a weak animal, and fixed it up. While it did have to suffer the inital pain of getting shots, wounds sewn up, and possibly destroyed limbs being amputated, it is on the road to living out the rest of it's life healthy.

Yes, they might have to sell of assests, fire workers, etc. but they only do it when a company is failing. The only other alternative is to let it fail completely, in which case ALL of the workers would be laid off and the company would be buried, rather than just cutting its losses in the hopes that it can one day become productive again and contribute to the ecnomy.
January 25, 2012 @ 10:26 PM
jaded

They don't only do it when a company is failing, that's incorrect. His company practiced leveraged buyouts where they would take over a public company, make the company buy back all it's own stock with loans, then they would fire everyone, sell all the property and assets, drain the pensions, extract all the wealth they could from the company and then walk away with millions in fees for the great job they did, eventually leaving the company with nothing left but debt. And these weren't all companies that were dying to begin with, they were just ripe pickings for these guys to ransack. They destroyed entire american communities just to make another million dollars when they were already rich. That's why people don't like him. Not all venture capitalists are bad, but what his company did is what people don't like. That and the fact that he tries to identify himself as a blue collar guy who has "been where they've been" when he hasn't.

January 25, 2012 @ 10:42 PM
Homes

They don't only do it when a company is failing, that's incorrect. His company practiced leveraged buyouts where they would take over a public company, make the company buy back all it's own stock with loans, then they would fire everyone, sell all the property and assets, drain the pensions, extract all the wealth they could from the company and then walk away with millions in fees for the great job they did, eventually leaving the company with nothing left but debt. And these weren't all companies that were dying to begin with, they were just ripe pickings for these guys to ransack. They destroyed entire american communities just to make another million dollars when they were already rich. That's why people don't like him. Not all venture capitalists are bad, but what his company did is what people don't like. That and the fact that he tries to identify himself as a blue collar guy who has "been where they've been" when he hasn't.

do you have a source on that? (not because I don't believe you I just honestly haven't been keeping up with candidates that much this year) I was more defending venture capitalism in general, because that ISN'T the job of a venture capitalist, so to say "he's evil because he was a vc" is not at all a causal relationship. The other stuff he did, I'm not informed of.
January 25, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
jaded

Just Google "Mitt Romney leveraged buyouts", there's tons of information available on his history.

January 25, 2012 @ 10:50 PM
swagasfuck

how about we raise capital gains tax and prohibit congress insider trading
January 26, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
NapoleonComplex

Cmon man move this shit into the politics section B

Fuck outta here bitch nigga
Move your faggot ass to the "Got to have all the topics organized cause Im a bitch" section

January 26, 2012 @ 01:44 AM
NapoleonComplex

Lol 300+ posts since Nov. huh it must be nasty outside

Dont let me catch you slippin, I'll hit your faggot ass with the fade bitch nigga

January 26, 2012 @ 04:24 AM
ulkgood

January 26, 2012 @ 03:56 PM
dead7

*dead*

Please login first to reply.