Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
January 25, 2012 @ 02:24 AM
PlugTunin

streetwear is becoming kind of popular in my highschool. Its all that diamond select bullshit though with the large ass logos on it. i cant get with it.

This new layout is a disappointment

January 25, 2012 @ 02:34 AM
mojo

times change...thangs change...wear what you like. i stopped following brands yrs ago

word

xx

January 25, 2012 @ 04:55 AM
RenAi beast

Tumblr might have destroyed streetwear, but it brought us pictures of some of the finest bitches on the planet taken slutty ass pictures.

this is the only thing that's right in this thread. everything else is beyond subjective.

www.DOUBLEDONUTS.com www.DOUBLEDONUTS.tumblr.com

January 26, 2012 @ 03:52 AM
bonemarrow

it's weird because it's in my white as fuck school on the shit that is on plndr is in my school

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

January 26, 2012 @ 04:02 AM
NapoleonComplex

Saw some dude on campus rockin supreme a camp with polo boots. I mean mugged his shit.

FUCK DREWBACCA | smh fuck REVS to....

January 26, 2012 @ 04:17 AM
bonemarrow

streetwear is became dead because people said it was dead

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

January 26, 2012 @ 04:35 AM
DREWKKAKE

Ya there's been threads on "streetwear is dead" before but imma spit some real shit for you guys. I'm not going to give out my resume or nun but take my word or not I myself somewhat knowledgeable of this whole industry. Over the past year this site Tumblr aka hype-ass advertisement on steroids has really blown up. Basically ppl post pics of their fav brands obey, stussy, diamond etc., either wearing or literally just a picture of the clothing item.
People really don't have to put effort into how they look. If you got a tumblr acc, money, a cc and know what urban outfitters or karmaloop is you're set. This last year karma really took off. E-commerce in the fashion industry is at an all-time high, and everyone has "swag" now.

I'm bringing this thread up because if streetwear isn't dead it's definitely played the fuck out by now. Brands that I actually used to fuck w/ in the past (ex: onlyny, supreme, 10deep, diamond, undftd, etc) have been totally turned into asian pretty boy hype and personally seen all over my campus (no racial) and I know it's the same for ya'll out there. I ain't even mad tho, just disgusted really. I remember a time where streetwear was mad exclusive and niggas actually didn't have a clue what the fuck it was or where the fuck to get it.

What makes me irritated tho is how those nigga's look at me. Like they expect me to appreciate their shit or rate it somehow. And it happens on a daily basis.

Anwyays I just really wanted to express this fuckery. I really don't care how long this is you can read it or not dgaf really. I know there's gonna be some asslicker out there saying "if you like it than you shouldn't care blah blah..." And I'll just clarify that streetwear doesn't turn me on anymore so keep following those trends soon you'll just look average to the bitches.

and i'm too lazy to change my user name so inb4 pretty/based

lol didnt read 3 pages. but tumblr probably saved the streetwear industry if anything. might have killed it in your eyes, or showed the world exclusive brands that nobody knew about but you and the internet. thus making you feel like part of this lame supreme streetwear tumblr hype. don't be mad because the internet leached onto your style and you feel lame because pinoys mug you in public for fit battling them whilst walking by dawg.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

January 26, 2012 @ 06:24 PM
That Good Life

Tumblr didn't kill streetwear. People just care to use the term "streetwear" so loosely.

There are still plenty of good brands out there with more to come. People look at the fashion industry like a get rich quick scheme and on the backside consumers catch sight of shitty brands that choose to affiliate their clothing line with the term "streetwear" but know nothing about it's history they just see other people doing and figure "hell I can do that."

Fashion is like the new form of rap, either you know somebody doing it or someone who figures they are about to do it.

In the process people have lost sight of what brands remain true to the culture and what brands are just trying to gain relevance or trying to make a quick buck.

To say The Hundreds killed streetwear is pretty obsurd they just put a spotlight on it in may ways that people who are fans of the brand and streetwear fashion would not rather have. Those who remain true to the culture will be here for the long haul and those who aren't will fall by the waist side. If you have a favorite brand remain true. Truth Pays.

TGL

http://that-goodlife.tumblr.com/ http://thatgoodlife.com/

January 26, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
BuddyOmar

Kind of ironic yall hipster mentality having niggas say streetwear is dead. Yall just worried about yourselves. These brands are having tremendous success for themselves nowadays. If anything, it's thriving. Sucks i guess thatlame niggas blowing up your spot.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

January 26, 2012 @ 07:14 PM
silent AlaRM

who cares though?
January 26, 2012 @ 07:16 PM
BuddyOmar

who cares though?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

January 26, 2012 @ 07:30 PM
dmwalking

[lol didnt read 3 pages. but tumblr probably saved the streetwear industry if anything. might have killed it in your eyes, or showed the world exclusive brands that nobody knew about but you and the internet. thus making you feel like part of this lame supreme streetwear tumblr hype. don't be mad because the internet leached onto your style and you feel lame because pinoys mug you in public for fit battling them whilst walking by dawg.

LOL @ fit battle whilst walking by. But you said it in your first line. Industry. What some of us liked was the "culture." I use that term loosely. Maybe I should say community. Either way, HB used to be a network of appreciation and support and ideas and what not. Over time, it became more industry than culture and the love of the game waned. So the industry obviously ain't dead. But the thrill is gone.

Kind of ironic yall hipster mentality having niggas say streetwear is dead. Yall just worried about yourselves. These brands are having tremendous success for themselves nowadays. If anything, it's thriving. Sucks i guess thatlame niggas blowing up your spot.

It's not necessarily dead in the sense that it's extinct. It's more in the sense that the subculture has lost it's luster. There was fun in digging and searching and learning and watching others and getting inspiration. Ask anyone on HB. There was a time when this forum had a lot less hate. But clonery and TOO EASY accessibility killed what remained of a cool little community. It's like hip hop. Hip hop ain't dead. There are still quality rappers out there. There are still b boys and writers and turn tablists. But once the culture turned more industry than culture, it killed a lot of the energy that we once had.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

January 26, 2012 @ 07:32 PM
dmwalking

Don't get me twisted, I don't care. I'm not like mourning for the good old days. But it was a cool little hobby. I still like dressing nice, but the fun of exchanging ideas and finding "gems" just isn't there anymore.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

January 26, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
SevenofSeven

Its OK to care. All it really did was push me to find more little gems when I travel around the world. I love coming back to NYC and having the Tumblr kids ask me where I got this or got that. It also keeps me from seeing 14 and 15 year olds wearing the same things I'm wearing because when that happens I know I'm at fault and need to step my game up and simply grow up. Let the internet kids have their fun. Its up to you to not get complacent and keep evolving. Nothing new under the sun bet deep in a cave in Tokyo...who knows, LOL.
January 26, 2012 @ 10:03 PM
BuddyOmar

Don't get me twisted, I don't care. I'm not like mourning for the good old days. But it was a cool little hobby. I still like dressing nice, but the fun of exchanging ideas and finding "gems" just isn't there anymore.

I totally get where you coming from man. No doubt. Same with hip hop like you said.

January 27, 2012 @ 03:24 AM
freshsteez

I was into the scene back in 2006, see my join date. Back then there wasn't as many HS kids on here like you see now. 10 Deep was just blowing up at the time and it was very difficult to cop one of their pieces that dropped. Tons of resellers that would make a little profit on here selling because of that. I kind of just grew out of that myself. As you get older, you realize clothing is just clothing anyways. You can feel like a million bucks rocking anything, it's all perspective.

I went nuts back when I got into it, so I still have a bunch of unworn stuff from 5 years ago and I bring it out now and always get people asking me what it is I'm rocking? It's cool busting stuff out from years back like that which nobody else has, so that's where I get some exclusivity from these days. I still rock some stuff from the popular brands these days, but I just wear whatever I want hype or no hype, it really doesn't matter.

Visit Karmaloopdeal.net for deals on Karmaloop & PLNDR. Use Rep Code neogeoz11 to save on your orders. Follow me on Twitter @NeoGeoz11

January 27, 2012 @ 03:35 AM
WEFORMLIKEVOLTRON

Kids see shit on their dashboard and think "hey that's cool, I'm gonna get that." and they purchase it without any info on it. That's why so there's so much fake shit on tumblr, with a lot of notes.

http://www.weformlikevoltron.tumblr.com

January 27, 2012 @ 04:02 AM
Cboom

No hype, no exclusivity, no grails, no fun. Not that I would be into that stuff today anyway, but the new generation has no idea of the community this 'scene' had. The the anticipation, the drop, the cop, the resell, the trade etc. It's all watered down and diluted now into one big digital shopping mall. Kids posting H&M and GAP fit pics smh that shit would not fly 5-6 years ago. Let kids have their fun though, no one over 23 should be wearing 'streetwear' anyway.
January 27, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
joeschott

i only buy my diamond shit from pac-sun now

but tumblr let me quit my job in college and post pokemon memes and sell stickers and pins instead so whatev

Owner/Creator: nopeclothing.com / fypblog.com

January 28, 2012 @ 01:24 AM
ichigo81

No hype, no exclusivity, no grails, no fun. Not that I would be into that stuff today anyway, but the new generation has no idea of the community this 'scene' had. The the anticipation, the drop, the cop, the resell, the trade etc. It's all watered down and diluted now into one big digital shopping mall. Kids posting H&M and GAP fit pics smh that shit would not fly 5-6 years ago. Let kids have their fun though, no one over 23 should be wearing 'streetwear' anyway.

age has nothing to do with it, wear what you like and live your life,it's just fucking clothes, get over it, everything has a cycle and yeah this shit is a little out of control but why cry about it because in the end clothes don't make you successful. everybody just wants to be accepted whether it's high end fashion down to the awkward nerd in videogame tees, if u are so worried about what the next man is wearing, i feel sorry for u. I still buy pieces"i like" and i have graduated college and do the 9-5 thing but on the weekends i like to be comfortable, so what if it is streetwear or not, be comfortable in ur own skin and live ur life.
January 28, 2012 @ 02:02 AM
Cboom

I am surprised in the lack of Afrocentrism in your post. You're still good for a laugh though, as per.
January 28, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
Frank White Lémon

yeah tumblr is destroying some of the well known brands exclusivity, but now at least actual indie start ups with SUPER limited quantities can get some notice while staying extremely limited. Dertbag would be a good example of how a small startup is able to get super quick exposure. Plus you don't see the pretty boys on the internet wearing the best shit just what they saw a picture of on the site the day before.

http://freshfit.co twitter.com/freshfitco FRESH FiT & Fuck the rest

January 28, 2012 @ 04:32 AM
ichigo81

I am surprised in the lack of Afrocentrism in your post. You're still good for a laugh though, as per.

Nigga kill yo self
January 28, 2012 @ 02:59 PM
teov

to me streetwear is wear what you like eith your style without giving a fuck about other's people thoughts. that's what I do .... who cares about pinoids and tumblr

Blog : lifetimesofmrm.blogspot.com Check my tumblr lifetimesofmrm.tumblr.com HELGEN X. I love the fact that you don't dress like a fake poser skateboarding faggot from HB!

January 28, 2012 @ 06:00 PM
Hypebeasted

Kids see shit on their dashboard and think "hey that's cool, I'm gonna get that." and they purchase it without any info on it. That's why so there's so much fake shit on tumblr, with a lot of notes.

Amen
January 28, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
DREWKKAKE

^nah son

When kids see shit on their feed, it is never nothing specific. While I'm sure they will go cop the new obey from zumiez because they saw a dope ass shirt they want.. It is more that they see sort of the whole streetwear aesthetic. It put shit that WE like in the minds of regular ass little niggas. Therefore making the children of the world want to start dressing like that. In turn it changed the whole market and made all brands want to look a certain way and produce certain clothes. Tumblr is what is making lame brands look like streetwear. It is what we should blame for "mall streetwear"

and that is some of the realest shit I ever wrote my nigga 4real

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

January 28, 2012 @ 10:13 PM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

It all boils down to one thing- Streetwear should be the clothes of the culture, NOT the culture of the clothes. Now it's gotten to be the latter rather than the former.
January 28, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
Svthewha

norse projects 5 panel.......norse projects 5 panel......
January 29, 2012 @ 03:36 AM
Axraexl

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

January 29, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
vsopkilla

LOLS

Ask and You Shall Recieve

Please login first to reply.