Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 24, 2012 @ 08:17 AM
thrasher87

Looking around Tumblr right now. Is everyone now a Bulls fan or what? lol.
January 24, 2012 @ 08:20 AM
J THRILLLAH

I went back to Jersey over the Christmas break and everybody rocked some Bulls gear.

January 24, 2012 @ 08:57 AM
nat turner

times change...thangs change...wear what you like. i stopped following brands yrs ago

http://pureandgood.tumblr.com/ IG: thevictoryspeech

January 24, 2012 @ 09:06 AM
E A G L E D O M E

As long as male skirts don't start trending massively i think were in safe waters for now.

http://soundcloud.com/kingsofquazaar -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kings-of-Quazaar/245980102097247

January 24, 2012 @ 09:29 AM
tomee

seen this going on a while now. word though. shit's barely limited anymore. everything all over the net. this is the copykids era. even though i don't pay attention to it. It pops up everywhere. still can't stand kids walkin like they 10ft tall with the snapbacks n oll that. and shit. streetwear ain't made for everybody. 80% don't even fit the clothes.
January 24, 2012 @ 09:36 AM
ShamanCountry

LMAO. ok

http://shamancountry.tumblr.com/

January 24, 2012 @ 09:46 AM
vanitas

dat streetwear elitist mentality is heavy in the thread...seriouslyt though, OP is spitting some real shit. i've seen way too many pictures of fake supreme camps with thousands of notes or posts with hello kitty, box logos, illest, obey, and adam bombs all in the same photo...

It kinda sucks knowing that I'm growing up within the generation that killed streetwear.
http://fuckyeahfreshgeneration.tumblr.com RIP
January 24, 2012 @ 10:05 AM
jamestapoz

Ya there’s been threads on "streetwear is dead" before but imma spit some real shit for you guys. I’m not going to give out my resume or nun but take my word or not I myself somewhat knowledgeable of this whole industry. Over the past year this site Tumblr aka hype-ass advertisement on steroids has really blown up. Basically ppl post pics of their fav brands obey, stussy, diamond etc., either wearing or literally just a picture of the clothing item.
People really don’t have to put effort into how they look. If you got a tumblr acc, money, a cc and know what urban outfitters or karmaloop is you’re set. This last year karma really took off. E-commerce in the fashion industry is at an all-time high, and everyone has "swag" now.

I’m bringing this thread up because if streetwear isn’t dead it’s definitely played the fuck out by now. Brands that I actually used to fuck w/ in the past (ex: onlyny, supreme, 10deep, diamond, undftd, etc) have been totally turned into asian pretty boy hype and personally seen all over my campus (no racial) and I know it’s the same for ya’ll out there. I ain’t even mad tho, just disgusted really. I remember a time where streetwear was mad exclusive and niggas actually didn’t have a clue what the fuck it was or where the fuck to get it.

What makes me irritated tho is how those nigga’s look at me. Like they expect me to appreciate their shit or rate it somehow. And it happens on a daily basis.

Anwyays I just really wanted to express this fuckery. I really don’t care how long this is you can read it or not dgaf really. I know there’s gonna be some asslicker out there saying "if you like it than you shouldn’t care blah blah…" And I’ll just clarify that streetwear doesn’t turn me on anymore so keep following those trends soon you’ll just look average to the bitches.

and i’m too lazy to change my user name so inb4 pretty/based
January 24, 2012 @ 02:04 PM
SB Pretty/Based

How about you try making your own brand?

in the process

Organic that blog made me throw up a bit

and that chick eating ice cream to asap deserves more views
January 24, 2012 @ 02:08 PM
-alex

it's been dead for a while even in slovakia, that's why we elitist on some high fashion tip now even though we can't afford it

fuck tyler and fuck supreme

btw why would you care if a picture with jordans/hundreds and supreme have a few thousands of reblogs? people in general never had a good taste. look @ lil wayne's sales etc. people like/buy what they think is trendy and what media/friends tell them to. do you

that being said, tumblr is mostly gay as fuck, everyone now thinks they know fashion. there are some dope fashion blogs i check tho. and it's good for pictures of cute girls ill never have.
January 24, 2012 @ 02:09 PM
Shiri

the hundreds killed streetwear

THIS. THIS. AND THIS.

http://blog.careyciuro.com

January 24, 2012 @ 02:13 PM
w00tJAMES

Looking around Tumblr right now. Is everyone now a Bulls fan or what? lol.

LOL, mostly pinoys posting bulls and bull snapbacks.

off topic in this thread but this thread right here
Things Tumblr Made you hate -- http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/156531/
January 24, 2012 @ 03:18 PM
$$$$$

Tumblr might have destroyed streetwear, but it brought us pictures of some of the finest bitches on the planet taken slutty ass pictures.
January 24, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
KTA

barbagelbites resurrected streetwear
it died shortly after
January 24, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
Anti-Hero

barbagelbites resurrected streetwear
it died shortly after

quoted for the troof

flickr.com/leavetownrightnow/

January 24, 2012 @ 07:38 PM
dmwalking

LOL I expected this thread to be an old thread that just got bumped. LMAO. Damn son, you're mad late. Streetwear been dead. There are very few who still pull it off well and it's usually with more obscure items or just straight simplicity. I personally hate how things turned out, but I expected it. Anytime a trend becomes popular, it's only a matter of time before people overdose on it. I mean, if butt plugs became a trend, best believe nigs would start taking pictures with like 4 of them up their butt.

I don't really look at kids in snap backs and hype gear with disdain. They're just young and dumb and doing what they think is cool. I'm just glad that i don't look as corny as them.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

January 24, 2012 @ 07:43 PM
dmwalking

tumblr didnt kill streetwear, bad streetwear brands and wannabe brands killed streetwear
hypebeast hipster kids will always be hypebeast hipster kids, get over it, i haven't rocked anythin from a streetwear brand in years, and i always get complimented on the way i dress.

Good post. Same here.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

January 24, 2012 @ 09:16 PM
SevenofSeven

Tumblr didn't kill streetwear. The internet killed streetwear. Well, the internet killed the exclusivity of streetwear. Remember when you had to actually go down to SoHo to get Bape or hop over to Spring Street to hit up Union to find some exclusive Japanese brand that NOBODY in the United States was carrying. Remember walking up Prince Street and walking into Kid Robot and knowing you could find something that the kids who were clueless couldn't get at Urban Outfitters? I remember when Supreme NYC was the only Supreme, when you had to go to Stussy on Wooster to get good Stussy stuff and Head Porter luggage and accessories. When you wanted to step your game up you walked over to Nom De Guerre. I'm a NYC kid so that is MY experience so I can't speak for everybody but it was fun back then having to roam the city to search for something cool. Now kids si back with a MacBook and a credit card and yell "SWAG." No experience, no sense of adventure, no will to go out and search. Nobody gets to know their shop workers to find out when the next drop is. I mean as crazy as it was I loved almost getting killed on the Lower East Side trying to cop the Pigeon Dunks. Going over to Orchard and Ludlow to Triple Five Soul and Reed Space and Alife and Rivington. Now I just shake my head at all of the internet kids who sit home and wait for the UPS guy to bring them their swag. The only place they seem to explore is the mall running into Hollister, Zumiez, and Foot Locker. Me? I'd rather save up to at least go explore London, actually go to Colette in Paris, see the crazy shit in Tokyo. Get off of here sometimes and go see the world, you might even start to understand how to build and create your own swag. I understand I'm saying all of this on HYPEBEAST and I might even get hated on for it but its the internet and thats just the way it goes. I'd love to create my own place for people who sometimes want to get away from the Hype but who would actually drop by and listen? Well, it can't hurt to try and if even one person comes by to listen to what I have to say and feels like I feel then I've made a connection. Kids, have fun with it, grown folks, do better and hope one day those kids will grow up and "get it." Peace.
January 24, 2012 @ 09:39 PM
$$$$$

Tumblr didn't kill streetwear. The internet killed streetwear. Well, the internet killed the exclusivity of streetwear. Remember when you had to actually go down to SoHo to get Bape or hop over to Spring Street to hit up Union to find some exclusive Japanese brand that NOBODY in the United States was carrying. Remember walking up Prince Street and walking into Kid Robot and knowing you could find something that the kids who were clueless couldn't get at Urban Outfitters? I remember when Supreme NYC was the only Supreme, when you had to go to Stussy on Wooster to get good Stussy stuff and Head Porter luggage and accessories. When you wanted to step your game up you walked over to Nom De Guerre. I'm a NYC kid so that is MY experience so I can't speak for everybody but it was fun back then having to roam the city to search for something cool. Now kids si back with a MacBook and a credit card and yell "SWAG." No experience, no sense of adventure, no will to go out and search. Nobody gets to know their shop workers to find out when the next drop is. I mean as crazy as it was I loved almost getting killed on the Lower East Side trying to cop the Pigeon Dunks. Going over to Orchard and Ludlow to Triple Five Soul and Reed Space and Alife and Rivington. Now I just shake my head at all of the internet kids who sit home and wait for the UPS guy to bring them their swag. The only place they seem to explore is the mall running into Hollister, Zumiez, and Foot Locker. Me? I'd rather save up to at least go explore London, actually go to Colette in Paris, see the crazy shit in Tokyo. Get off of here sometimes and go see the world, you might even start to understand how to build and create your own swag. I understand I'm saying all of this on HYPEBEAST and I might even get hated on for it but its the internet and thats just the way it goes. I'd love to create my own place for people who sometimes want to get away from the Hype but who would actually drop by and listen? Well, it can't hurt to try and if even one person comes by to listen to what I have to say and feels like I feel then I've made a connection. Kids, have fun with it, grown folks, do better and hope one day those kids will grow up and "get it." Peace.

This is great. Best post in topic.
January 24, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
chaovi

IMO, if you're not in the age group of those already graduated or about to graduate from college soon, then you don't really know what streetwear is/was. There isn't a streetwear culture now like how it was back then. Back before any of these brands even had online stores and way before they were popping up at Active, UO, and Karmaloop.
I still remember back when all the brands helped each other out with links to every other brand on their site.
Back when Crooks had the Camp Lo's "Gotcha" on their front page and used the Versace Medusa.
Back when Diamond had that Por Vida 1 tee, Heavy Elephant tee, and the Mighty Healthy and Rouge Status collabs were gems.
Back when 3Sixteen was still a streetwear brand and released those Complete Technique collab Chains.
It's a different age now for these brands because like us, they grew up as well (HUF is a great example). They want to move forward and start making real money through their products rather than keep it as a hobby with a "potential". I've felt the same way as OP before tumblr was even popular but you have to realize that in the end it's just clothing. I mean yea its fun to laugh at a Hypebeast and/or Hipster but if you like it, wear it, if you dont, leave it. In fact, you should be happy that they dress like shit cause it only makes you look better.
To each their own...
January 24, 2012 @ 10:02 PM
dmwalking

This is a good post.

January 24, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
dmwalking

To add to this convo, what I've found fulfilling is just making your own way. Search for your own stuff. Dig for your own gems and put it together your own way. When it comes down to it, it's not about what you wear but how you wear it. There are guys who still wear supreme despite the pinoyification, cornification, popularization. And when they wear it, they make it look good. It's about HOW they wear it. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I feel like what you wear can tell a little story about you. And how you wear it says a little more.

January 24, 2012 @ 11:43 PM
Sammy Steez

If you don't have an appreciation for stuff like the 3sixteen "Cousins" T, or the Hundreds Paisley T, then you really haven't a grasp on the full streetwear experience. Now everyone is being hand-fed brands and bombarded with "swag" on a daily basis. Before, streetwear catered to a small demographic of consumers that would actually research and campout for specific items that they liked. Now all the top brands have online stores that allow everyone to mindlessly cop hype without any real effort.

Fuck your plug come shop w/ me.

January 25, 2012 @ 01:02 AM
NoStress

Swag killled streetwear. I've stopped wearing most brands a while ago.. Its funny because everyone in LA dresses the same now a days hahaha. Don't worry about what the next man is wearing, just do your thing

burr

January 25, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
backlikethat

which is why i dont even fux wit hundreds/diamond.undft as much now.
we need a brand where their shiz is limited and not sold at zumiez or some other fag store.
im sure supreme wont get there due to their prices/resellers/scarcity but i def see more fags
buying clothes from up against the wall (dmv knws), zumiez, karmaloop, etc.

i liked it back when brands sold their stuff only on their site.
January 25, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
backlikethat

double
January 25, 2012 @ 01:11 AM
Toriko

To add to this convo, what I've found fulfilling is just making your own way. Search for your own stuff. Dig for your own gems and put it together your own way. When it comes down to it, it's not about what you wear but how you wear it. There are guys who still wear supreme despite the pinoyification, cornification, popularization. And when they wear it, they make it look good. It's about HOW they wear it. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I feel like what you wear can tell a little story about you. And how you wear it says a little more.

Couldnt have been said any better cool
January 25, 2012 @ 01:17 AM
Mhmgrams

All it did was put more fakes in rotation

http://mhmgrams.tumblr.com/

January 25, 2012 @ 01:42 AM
backlikethat

damb
January 25, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
BIRTH

I agree.

Asap Ye'ophilus London

Please login first to reply.