Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 24, 2012 @ 06:12 AM
SB Pretty/Based

Ya there's been threads on "streetwear is dead" before but imma spit some real shit for you guys. I'm not going to give out my resume or nun but take my word or not I myself somewhat knowledgeable of this whole industry. Over the past year this site Tumblr aka hype-ass advertisement on steroids has really blown up. Basically ppl post pics of their fav brands obey, stussy, diamond etc., either wearing or literally just a picture of the clothing item.
People really don't have to put effort into how they look. If you got a tumblr acc, money, a cc and know what urban outfitters or karmaloop is you're set. This last year karma really took off. E-commerce in the fashion industry is at an all-time high, and everyone has "swag" now.

I'm bringing this thread up because if streetwear isn't dead it's definitely played the fuck out by now. Brands that I actually used to fuck w/ in the past (ex: onlyny, supreme, 10deep, diamond, undftd, etc) have been totally turned into asian pretty boy hype and personally seen all over my campus (no racial) and I know it's the same for ya'll out there. I ain't even mad tho, just disgusted really. I remember a time where streetwear was mad exclusive and niggas actually didn't have a clue what the fuck it was or where the fuck to get it.

What makes me irritated tho is how those nigga's look at me. Like they expect me to appreciate their shit or rate it somehow. And it happens on a daily basis.

Anwyays I just really wanted to express this fuckery. I really don't care how long this is you can read it or not dgaf really. I know there's gonna be some asslicker out there saying "if you like it than you shouldn't care blah blah..." And I'll just clarify that streetwear doesn't turn me on anymore so keep following those trends soon you'll just look average to the bitches.

and i'm too lazy to change my user name so inb4 pretty/based
January 24, 2012 @ 06:13 AM
w00tJAMES

Even though there’s been threads on "streetwear is dead" before but imma spit some real shit for you guys. I’m not going to give out my resume or nun but take my word or not I myself somewhat knowledgeable of this whole industry. Over the past year this site Tumblr aka hype-ass advertisement on steroids has really blown up. Basically ppl post pics of their fav brands obey, stussy, diamond etc., either wearing or literally just a picture of the clothing item.
People really don’t have to put effort into how they look. If you got a tumblr acc, money, a cc and know what urban outfitters or karmaloop is you’re set. This last year karma really took off. E-commerce in the fashion industry is at an all-time high, and everyone has "swag" now.

I’m bringing this thread up because if streetwear isn’t dead it’s definitely played the fuck out by now. Brands that I actually used to fuck w/ in the past (ex: onlyny, supreme, 10deep, diamond, undftd, etc) have been totally turned into asian pretty boy hype and personally seen all over my campus (no racial) and I know it’s the same for ya’ll out there. I ain’t even mad tho, just disgusted really. I remember a time where streetwear was mad exclusive and niggas actually didn’t have a clue what the fuck it was or where the fuck to get it.

What makes me irritated tho is how those nigga’s look at me. Like they expect me to appreciate their shit or rate it somehow. And it happens on a daily basis.

Anwyays I just really wanted to express this fuckery. I really don’t care how long this is you can read it or not dgaf really. I know there’s gonna be some asslicker out there saying "if you like it than you shouldn’t care blah blah…" And I’ll just clarify that streetwear doesn’t turn me on anymore so keep following those trends soon you’ll just look average to the bitches.

and i’m too lazy to change my user name so inb4 pretty/based
January 24, 2012 @ 06:14 AM
jaded

Even though w00tjames already said there’s been threads on "streetwear is dead" before but imma spit some real shit for you guys. I’m not going to give out my resume or nun but take my word or not I myself somewhat knowledgeable of this whole industry. Over the past year this site Tumblr aka hype-ass advertisement on steroids has really blown up. Basically ppl post pics of their fav brands obey, stussy, diamond etc., either wearing or literally just a picture of the clothing item.
People really don’t have to put effort into how they look. If you got a tumblr acc, money, a cc and know what urban outfitters or karmaloop is you’re set. This last year karma really took off. E-commerce in the fashion industry is at an all-time high, and everyone has "swag" now.

I’m bringing this thread up because if streetwear isn’t dead it’s definitely played the fuck out by now. Brands that I actually used to fuck w/ in the past (ex: onlyny, supreme, 10deep, diamond, undftd, etc) have been totally turned into asian pretty boy hype and personally seen all over my campus (no racial) and I know it’s the same for ya’ll out there. I ain’t even mad tho, just disgusted really. I remember a time where streetwear was mad exclusive and niggas actually didn’t have a clue what the fuck it was or where the fuck to get it.

What makes me irritated tho is how those nigga’s look at me. Like they expect me to appreciate their shit or rate it somehow. And it happens on a daily basis.

Anwyays I just really wanted to express this fuckery. I really don’t care how long this is you can read it or not dgaf really. I know there’s gonna be some asslicker out there saying "if you like it than you shouldn’t care blah blah…" And I’ll just clarify that streetwear doesn’t turn me on anymore so keep following those trends soon you’ll just look average to the bitches.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

January 24, 2012 @ 06:14 AM
thrasher87

But ya know even then there’s been threads on "streetwear is dead" before but imma spit some real shit for you guys. I’m not going to give out my resume or nun but take my word or not I myself somewhat knowledgeable of this whole industry. Over the past year this site Tumblr aka hype-ass advertisement on steroids has really blown up. Basically ppl post pics of their fav brands obey, stussy, diamond etc., either wearing or literally just a picture of the clothing item.

January 24, 2012 @ 06:15 AM
Jvlv

know what you mean lol, clothing game and brands fucked w/ some of my friends but it aint that bad
pinoy stay losing tho
January 24, 2012 @ 06:15 AM
SB Pretty/Based

how'd i know. keep doing ur thing lames
January 24, 2012 @ 06:28 AM
franjoli

sorry.
swag is only something we asians got

WTB: UNIQLO x UNDERCOVER FISHTAIL UTILITY PARKA IN SIZE S/M ANY COLOUR MESSAGE

January 24, 2012 @ 06:29 AM

Inactive

yeah man tumblr finished streetwear, but it was already dying imo

and now its starting to water down high fashion cause of ye and rocky
January 24, 2012 @ 06:29 AM
jaded

and ronnel

January 24, 2012 @ 06:33 AM
Kid_frm_Cali

Kids see shit on their dashboard and think "hey that's cool, I'm gonna get that." and they purchase it without any info on it. That's why so there's so much fake shit on tumblr, with a lot of notes.
January 24, 2012 @ 06:36 AM
Crispbyyosi

All true about the streetwear, Most kids on there can't afford the high end shit ye and rocky wear anyways.
January 24, 2012 @ 06:38 AM

Inactive

All true about the streetwear, Most kids on there can't afford the high end shit ye and rocky wear but reblog saying want anyways.

i know they cant afford it but some can, and alot of them talk about it like they own it.
January 24, 2012 @ 06:41 AM
Crispbyyosi

All true about the streetwear, Most kids on there can't afford the high end shit ye and rocky wear but reblog saying want anyways.

i know they cant afford it but some can, and alot of them talk about it like they own it.

I usually start saying its getting played when I see that shit a lot when I'm out, otherwise I get what you're trying to say about people talking.
January 24, 2012 @ 06:42 AM
bulmasaur

the hundreds killed streetwear
January 24, 2012 @ 06:43 AM
Crispbyyosi

The brands op said are def getting there. Supreme being one of the higher end street brands cause of them prices. My guess is BBC/Ice Cream are next to become the next Obey, once that shit hits macys.
January 24, 2012 @ 06:49 AM
edomanic

The brands op said are def getting there. Supreme being one of the higher end street brands cause of them prices. My guess is BBC/Ice Cream are next to become the next Obey, once that shit hits macys.

Lmfao hell no!! Nah but The Hundreds and Obey murdered the game once they hit Urban. At least in Michigan they did, after that shit was poppin up everywhere.

January 24, 2012 @ 06:54 AM
franjoli

the hundreds killed streetwear

the hundreds is huge

WTB: UNIQLO x UNDERCOVER FISHTAIL UTILITY PARKA IN SIZE S/M ANY COLOUR MESSAGE

January 24, 2012 @ 06:54 AM
Crispbyyosi

Eh, I see these teens looking at someone with a supreme cap like a God or some shit, So around here thats how it goes. lol
Pretty sure supreme and bape is a normal thing in LA, NY. I never see any of it when I go to la though.
January 24, 2012 @ 06:57 AM
stickie

tumblr didnt kill streetwear, bad streetwear brands and wannabe brands killed streetwear
hypebeast hipster kids will always be hypebeast hipster kids, get over it, i haven't rocked anythin from a streetwear brand in years, and i always get complimented on the way i dress.
January 24, 2012 @ 06:58 AM
Sam

I see it as actually being good for streetwear, now that the norm is to see people out with brands on them.. maybe companies will try to do something else, let streetwear evolve into a better sense of fashion than just large usage of brand logos.. It was bound to happen sooner or later anyway.. just let it be...
January 24, 2012 @ 07:05 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

Ya there’s been threads on "streetwear is dead" before but imma spit some real shit for you guys. I’m not going to give out my resume or nun but take my word or not I myself somewhat knowledgeable of this whole industry. Over the past year this site Tumblr aka hype-ass advertisement on steroids has really blown up. Basically ppl post pics of their fav brands obey, stussy, diamond etc., either wearing or literally just a picture of the clothing item.

January 24, 2012 @ 07:08 AM
BuddyOmar

Yall niggas sound like hipster homos. As long as the shit doesn't look too suss, buddy will wear it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

January 24, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
J THRILLLAH

How about you try making your own brand?

January 24, 2012 @ 07:11 AM
jaded

Yall niggas sound like hipster homos. As long as the shit doesn't look too suss, buddy will wear it.

are homos allowed to call others homos without it being disrespectful? is it your word to use, kind of like the N word?

January 24, 2012 @ 07:13 AM
BuddyOmar

are homos allowed to call others homos without it being disrespectful? is it your word to use, kind of like the N word?

Buddy Omar is not homo. Just admire a handsome nigga when I see one. You a puss ass nikka for not saying "nigga" too. You been exposed as a Fra'lasian (Frail Asian)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuddyOmar?feature=mhee |||||||||||||| Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buddy_omar

January 24, 2012 @ 07:13 AM
jaded

Buddy Omar is not homo. Just admire a handsome nigga when I see one. You a puss ass nikka for not saying "nigga" too. You been exposed as a Fra'lasian (Frail Asian)

I'm not asian doe

January 24, 2012 @ 07:31 AM
Axraexl

Exactly why I sold all my heavy branded clothing on Ebay before the hype dies out and loses it value
Im about off of it anyway
Im keeping the Bape though >_>

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

January 24, 2012 @ 07:32 AM
mumbai

I usually start saying its getting played when I see that shit a lot when I'm out, otherwise I get what you're trying to say about people talking.

teens can kinda afford them now tho cause of h&m/uniqlo/heritage 1981. i went to h&m and saw a skirt for guys, just like the one kanye was wearing, smh
January 24, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
johnathan

fuck swag

free max b 2013

January 24, 2012 @ 08:17 AM
BuddyOmar

Stop it five...

I'm not asian doe

Please login first to reply.