January 19, 2012 @ 02:50 AM
rc49ers53

So I'm a baseball player, and I need some help ya'll...
I threw 2 innings on this past Saturday. My first innings in almost 6 months. My arm felt great, I felt some stiffness after, nothing unusual for me though as I've had shoulder problems. Went on to the field and took it easy on sunday, played 2 innings in the field in right field, with just slight stiffness in my shoulder area. I threw a ball in from right and heard a popping noise, as soon as the popping occurred, all pain in my shoulder area was gone. I felt no pain, no stiffness. I had all the velocity on the ball as I did before. I thought to myself, this is weird...
Fast forward to today, I threw a bit with friends, nothing too crazy, arm felt fine, velocity is there, I moved it out to 200 feet, and was having trouble reaching my catcher, with slight stiffness and pain in my shoulder. I was a bit nervous, because I normally throw the ball 200 feet with ease, and no pain, and can stretch it out to 300 feet if need be. I brought it back down to 100 feet, no pain, no stiffness. 75 feet, no pain no stiffness and so on.

I am now experiencing little to no pain in my shoulder, but a slight popping or crunching noise when my shoulder moves across my body. As if I was stretching it. I have looked up rotator cuff injuries, and tears, and this falls in that category. Obviously, I am feeling no pain, no loss of velocity, so I'm a little cautious. Is this a rotator cuff tear? I know you guys aren't doctors, but someone can give me some help. I am going to take the next two weeks off before the season starts. I have some college offers, and this is not what I wanted to hear two weeks before the season.

Sorry for the long post, but any help/feedback is appreciated.
January 19, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
Youth In Asia

I'm also a baseball player, and I need some help ya’ll…
I threw 2 innings on this past Saturday. My first innings in almost 6 months. My arm felt great, I felt some stiffness after, nothing unusual for me though as I’ve had shoulder problems. Went on to the field and took it easy on sunday, played 2 innings in the field in right field, with just slight stiffness in my shoulder area. I threw a ball in from right and heard a popping noise, as soon as the popping occurred, all pain in my shoulder area was gone. I felt no pain, no stiffness. I had all the velocity on the ball as I did before. I thought to myself, this is weird…
Fast forward to today, I threw a bit with friends, nothing too crazy, arm felt fine, velocity is there, I moved it out to 200 feet, and was having trouble reaching my catcher, with slight stiffness and pain in my shoulder. I was a bit nervous, because I normally throw the ball 200 feet with ease, and no pain, and can stretch it out to 300 feet if need be. I brought it back down to 100 feet, no pain, no stiffness. 75 feet, no pain no stiffness and so on.

I am now experiencing little to no pain in my shoulder, but a slight popping or crunching noise when my shoulder moves across my body. As if I was stretching it. I have looked up rotator cuff injuries, and tears, and this falls in that category. Obviously, I am feeling no pain, no loss of velocity, so I’m a little cautious. Is this a rotator cuff tear? I know you guys aren’t doctors, but someone can give me some help. I am going to take the next two weeks off before the season starts. I have some college offers, and this is not what I wanted to hear two weeks before the season.

FPM - MUCKFATH

January 19, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
Legit Shit

the joys of sports

upthefunk

January 19, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
rc49ers53

Damn you guys are tough... Seriously though.. anybody?
January 19, 2012 @ 03:03 AM
joej12321

I know someone who tore their rotator cuff and I'm pretty sure you would know know if you tore it because it's very painful.
January 19, 2012 @ 03:40 AM
chaobro

My mom tore her rotator cuff. Her shoulder hurt during the injury and during the recovery process (physical therapy and all that). I would get it checked out by your team trainer (if you're lucky enough to have one) or a doctor if you think its serious. If you're not doing rotator cuff prehab as a pitcher already you should start soon enough...band work with rotator cuff . simple sets of 10 will suffice most of the time.
January 19, 2012 @ 04:08 AM
Legit Shit

fuckin hypebeast. who needs wikipedia when you can make a thread here?

upthefunk

January 19, 2012 @ 04:16 AM
PandoCalrissian

Im a pitcher as well and when I was like 16 I tore my rotator cuff and it ruined my baseball career ya boy was a fucking star, yea you'll know... it's a lot like tearing an acl (which I have done also) intense burning literally like someone has a blowtorch on your shit and then a numbness and afterwards you lose all strength to your hurt extremety

I was in the middle of a game when I tore my shit and my arm went limp b

"leather jackets and bape shark hoodies, its a struggle but we make it work"

January 19, 2012 @ 06:16 AM
adoboFosho

So I’m a player, and I need some help ya’ll…
I threw 2 winnings on this past Saturday. My first winnings in almost 6 months. My arm felt great, I felt some stiffness after, nothing unusual for me though as I’ve had shoulder problems. Went on to the field and took it easy on sunday, played 2 winnings in the field in right field, with just slight stiffness in my shoulder area. I threw a ball in from right and heard a popping noise, as soon as the popping occurred, all pain in my shoulder area was gone. I felt no pain, no stiffness. I had all the velocity on the ball as I did before. I thought to myself, this is weird…

I am now experiencing little to no pain in my shoulder, but a slight popping or crunching noise when my shoulder moves across my body. As if I was stretching it. I have looked up rotator cuff injuries, and tears, and this falls in that category. Obviously, I am feeling no pain, no loss of velocity, so I’m a little cautious. Is this a rotator cuff tear? I know you guys aren’t doctors, but someone can give me some help. I am going to take the next two weeks off before the season starts. I have some college offers, and this is not what I wanted to hear two weeks before the season.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/adobo_fosho... selling black/white flyknits... look like yeezy!!!

January 19, 2012 @ 09:15 AM
goobypls

damn you getting trolled hard buddy. but yeah i tore my rotator cuff in 8th grade and dislocated my shoulder as well playing ball. Instead of having surgery on it, I decided to rest a month and play on it which was probably the dumbest mistake i've ever made in my life. shoulder hasn't been the same since and it still pops out of place from time to time. whenever i rotate it, it makes a weird ripping noise that i can hear. u better get an mri on that b
January 19, 2012 @ 10:23 AM
aLUUx.

maaaaann fuck baseball
January 19, 2012 @ 12:30 PM
Ceekay

You need to buy a new rotator cuff. Best bet would be Walmart, they sell everything.
January 19, 2012 @ 12:45 PM
Legit Shit

check ebay first, shipping shouldn't be too bad

upthefunk

Please login first to reply.