Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
December 7, 2011 @ 05:54 PM
november

I am going to start The Kite Runner today and was wondering two things..

1. If someone can summarize it up perfectly (I know it is hard work, but its much appreciated)

2. Fill me in on major details or important key informations that they remember from the book, and not the movie, god not the movie.....

...not the movie... haha
December 7, 2011 @ 08:18 PM
Joweee

He was a dick to his brother who he didn't know was his real brother at the time so he took his brother's son in..
December 7, 2011 @ 08:31 PM
Shammgod

I remember reading this book sophomore year in high school. Really just read the wiki article..it pretty much sums it up perfectly
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kite_Runner
December 7, 2011 @ 11:57 PM
Koozie

Kid gets raped.
December 8, 2011 @ 01:25 AM
swervin

the young one died
December 8, 2011 @ 02:22 AM
Berserker

aight let me hit you with them facts

these 2 kids, Amir and Hassan are friends, kinda homo but not hella.
they play with each other everyday. Amir (the rich one) reads to Hassan (the poor-ass one) underneath their pomegranate tree (remember that shit, motif).
Amir plays with Hassan as if they were friends, but he does not consider him a friend since he is a Hazara (modern day black dude) and he is a Pashtun (modern day white dude).
Whenever some shit happens to Amir, Hassan takes the blame, he carries the team on his back through the whole book doe
One day while walking around they come up to Assef (Bully, pedo, homo ass) and he is about to beat Amir's ass since he believes in Hitler and white purity.
Hassan like the boss that he is takes out his slingshot (another motif my nig) and threatens him that he's gonna pop a gloc on his bitchass if he and his homies dont back the fuck up
They both dip as fast as they can
When Amir get back to his house (he lives in some mansion ass place, while Hassan lives in a shitty ass shack thing), he hears his dad talking shit about him that Hassan always fights his battles or whatever. Hes just being mad haterade to his son, he was talking to Rahim Khan, the dude who eventually asks Amir to go back to the middle east
Amir is jealous that his pops likes Hassan more than him, so he tries being mad close to his pops and relating to him but he fails
He feels like the only way to win his father's trust is to win a kite flying competition,
On the kite flying day, he wins by cutting everybody else's kite with his kite, Hassan tells Amir he's got his back doe so he goes after the last fallen kite
While Amir is looking for Hassan since that nig took months and years getting that shit, he found Assef and his homo squad ganging up on Hassan
Assef tells Hassan to give him the kite but Hassan's like "NO BOY, this is for AMIR", so Assef was peeping that ass, and told him its cool about the kite since he's about to do something to him that he's never going to forget
Assef and his terror squad hold him down while Assef takes off his pants and puts a stiff one on Hassan's ANUS
Amir was shocked and left
Hassan eventually returns and Amir catches up to him, that nig had blood coming out of his ass
When Amir got home, he felt emo as shit, but his dads was giving him props or whatnot
Amir doesnt feel like playing with hassan no mo after the homocident
Amir feels like Hassan has to dip because its killing him that he saw that nig with a dick up his booty
he blames Hassan for stealing a watch he got for his bday and tells his pops (since hassan works for Amir's family along with his pops, Ali)
Ali and Amir's pops, Baba we're homeboys since birth since Ali's parents were killed and Baba's pops took him in
Baba asks to talk to that nig Hassan and Ali, and Hassan takes the fault
Baba forgives him, but then Hassan and Ali were like NO BOY, we're leaving

Out here Rick Rossin' it

December 8, 2011 @ 02:29 AM
ignorantian

one of my fav novels
December 8, 2011 @ 02:39 AM
Berserker

So they dip
Then the story comes back with Baba and Amir dipping the fuck out of Kabul since there was a Russian takeover
They pay for some dude to cross them over to Pakistan
On the way there, there was a checkpoint where a Russian soldier checked the back of the truck they were in
The russian dude was mad horny and since there was a mom there
He was like get me that MILF over there
Baba stepped up to him and was like No, you aint getting shit
they argued and Baba almost gets shot before the russian dude's boss comes and calms shit down
After arriving closer to Pakistan they have to switch Lambos, i mean trucks
But the other truck wasnt working, so it was either going into a dark ass tank over to Pakistan or waiting a week for another truck
Baba almost chocked the driver to death
they eventually chose the dark ass tank
Baba takes some dirt with him to pakistan
Then the story gets to when they're living in Cali, the bay to be specific
Baba be talking mad shit about American politics and hates the president
But he still loves the idea of America, land of the free and shit
Amir graduates High School at 20, Amir and Baba celebrate at a Hayward Kabob place
Baba gets drunk and says FUCK THE RUSSIANS
Then a flashback to when they were in packistan and they had to get visas to go to America
They left the house to Rahim Khan
Baba hates the norms in American Society
He got mad at this asian dude asking him for his ID, he was like i thought we was homeboys, why do i have to show you this shit
Amir had to get his pops from getting the police on him
They live a pretty poor life, Baba works at a gas stop
They both go to the flea market to sell shit and they meet this other Afghan dude, The General
Amir peeps the General's daughter, Soraya
Amir spits game, "Aye gurl you like writers?, well im a writer"
The General steps in and is like nah you aint getting no punani tonight
Baba is dying, he has cancer
Amir knows that Baba is going to die soon, so he asks him to go talk to the General to arrange a marriage between him and Soraya
The General agrees, and Amir and Soraya talk about the past and how was a bad girl when she was younger and dipped with an afghan dude but he pops caught her her

Out here Rick Rossin' it

December 8, 2011 @ 03:02 AM
Berserker

He's like its all good
they have a fancy ass afghan wedding, Baba spends his savings (30k i think)
Over time, Baba keeps on getting sicker and eventually dies
Amir realizes how much impact his dad had on his life
Amir and soraya have sex all the time but cant pop out a kid
Amir then gets a phone call from Rahim telling him theres a way to be good again, Amir at first is like nah im good in San Fran, but then he agrees
He tells Soraya that he's going to dip to the middle east
So when he goes to see Rahim in his shitty ass apartment in Pakistan, Rahim looks grimy and sick as fuck
They talk about the past, and Rahim says how he lived in Amir's old house with Hassan
Amir was like OHWUT Hassan?
Rahim tells him that he got Hassan back on a trip somewhere, he brought him and his prego wife
While living in Amir's house, Hassan just works on cleaning and shit
One day Hassan's mom (who left his ass when he was young as shit) comes back, beat up as hell
Hassan and his wife heal her back
She tells Hassan how shes sorry about before, hes just like its cool
Hassan's baby moma, has a girl but she's stillborn and dies
Hassan being persistent as fuck, gets her prego again
this time the kid, a boy is actually cool, his name is Sohrab
One day after Rahim leaves Amir's old house
The Taliban, which at this point got rid of the Russians, search the house and find Hassan and his family
They kill him for being a Hazara and not dipping out of the house
his wife also gets killed
Sohrab gets put in an orphanage
Then it comes back to Rahim and Amir talking
Rahim gives him a letter that Hassan wanted to give Amir before dying
Its a picture of Hassan and Sohrab, and also a letter, that shit made a nig tear up
Then Rahim tells Amir that Baba was a pimp and Ali was not Hassan's real dad, on some Maury shit
It turns out Baba fucked Ali's wife and had Hassan
So Amir was like ohfuck naw, he was my bro, he storms out of the apartment but like the little bitch he is, he goes back
Rahim asks him to go back to Kabul to find Sohrab, at first hes like hell nah the Taliban are going to kill me but then he agrees
Amir feels guilty and thinks he's the reason for Hassan's death
Amir goes with this dude named Farid to Afghanistan
He notices that it looks like shit
They go to the orphange and the kid isnt there, he asks the director dude where he is and hes tells them that some Taliban official took him that always goes to soccer games
Before going to the soccer game, Amir wants to go to his old house which looks like doodoo now, he goes back to the pomegranate tree and thinks about his childhood
Now they go to the soccer game and see the official, the Taliban execute a dude and a chick during half time
They talk to the Taliban because they want to have a meetup (Hypebeast meet up Vol. Afghantown)
They have a meet up and the Taliban Official asks Amir why hes here and he tells him that hes looking for sohrab
During this time he was wearing a fake beard since if you dont have one they murk your ass
The official rips Amir's fake beard and tells him to sit the fuck down
The dude brings out Sohrab looking made feminine, dancing and shit
The dude asks Amir how Hassan and Ali are doing
Amir was dumbfounded as fuck
Amir realized that this dude was Assef aka the young pedo of kabul aka the drake of the east
Amir tells Assef that he'll give him anything for the kid

Out here Rick Rossin' it

December 8, 2011 @ 03:10 AM
Berserker

Assef is like, how about No
Then Assef proposes a deal to fight and if Amir leaves the room alive, he gets to dip with the kid
Assef beats the shit out of Amir but this nig is laughing while getting his ass whooped
Amir feels like he's getting what he has deserved for a long ass time
Sohrab comes out and puts the team on his back doe like his pops and shoots than nig Assef in the eye with his slingshot
Amir and Sohrab dip as fast as possible and get on the car with farid
Amir is in the hospital, they tell him Rahim dipped the fuck out of pakistan
Amir then takes care of Sohrab who is silent as fuck
he never wants to talk or anything
Amir knows he needs to take this nig out to America with him
But its hard as fuck since he needs a visa and he cant because theres no records of his parents dying to prove he's an orphan
The thought of being in an orphanage again scares the shit out of Sohrab and almost commits suicide
Amir tries finding ways to take him back and eventually does
When they're back in America, the General is mad salty because Amir and Soraya have a Hazara in the house
Amir tells him to stfu
One day Amir and Soraya take Sohrab to the park where people are flying kites
Amir asks Sohrab to fly a kite with him
Sohrab is like nah at first but then hes like aight ill try this
Theres a small smile in Sohrab's face for the first time
The cut a dude's kite off and Amir's like let me get that falling kite for you
"For you, a thousand times over"
Saying that what Hassan did for Amir, Amir would do for him"
Then the story ends

Out here Rick Rossin' it

December 8, 2011 @ 03:17 AM
lyve

one of my fav novels
December 8, 2011 @ 05:30 AM
TruthOnly

ITZ MOS'S AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL ACCUNT OF HIM GETTIN RAPED BY HIS ARAB NIGGAZ ON THE ACCOUNT OF HIS BITCHASS SNITCHIN FOR SELLIN COKE AT STATEN ISLAND CAMPUS
December 8, 2011 @ 08:44 AM
Zabuza

berseker that was amazing shit was mad niggerish and in depth...not bad.
December 8, 2011 @ 11:46 AM
drtmcgrt

lol'd at berserker

http://instagram.com/rasheedovich/

December 8, 2011 @ 03:23 PM
Kwyjibo

overrated book, too westernized

I've gone out the window

December 12, 2011 @ 07:16 AM
november

Assef is like, how about No
Then Assef proposes a deal to fight and if Amir leaves the room alive, he gets to dip with the kid
Assef beats the shit out of Amir but this nig is laughing while getting his ass whooped
Amir feels like he's getting what he has deserved for a long ass time
Sohrab comes out and puts the team on his back doe like his pops and shoots than nig Assef in the eye with his slingshot
Amir and Sohrab dip as fast as possible and get on the car with farid
Amir is in the hospital, they tell him Rahim dipped the fuck out of pakistan
Amir then takes care of Sohrab who is silent as fuck
he never wants to talk or anything
Amir knows he needs to take this nig out to America with him
But its hard as fuck since he needs a visa and he cant because theres no records of his parents dying to prove he's an orphan
The thought of being in an orphanage again scares the shit out of Sohrab and almost commits suicide
Amir tries finding ways to take him back and eventually does
When they're back in America, the General is mad salty because Amir and Soraya have a Hazara in the house
Amir tells him to stfu
One day Amir and Soraya take Sohrab to the park where people are flying kites
Amir asks Sohrab to fly a kite with him
Sohrab is like nah at first but then hes like aight ill try this
Theres a small smile in Sohrab's face for the first time
The cut a dude's kite off and Amir's like let me get that falling kite for you
"For you, a thousand times over"
Saying that what Hassan did for Amir, Amir would do for him"
Then the story ends

the last 1/3 of this accurate?
November 15, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
omar.