November 26, 2011 @ 05:20 PM
Chewbakka

Seems that as a vast majority of HB is reaching that age of freedom and responsibility, jobs are something that many are pursuing and trying to find. I'm sure many have question they'd like to have answered, questions the more experienced and older users can probably answer. Let this thread be a central hub for those seeking such knowledge.

How to even actually LAND a job? Like fuck, been applying like crazy to retail spots. Urban, Vans, Zumiez, Gap, etc etc, and all I get are "we'll hold onto your application thanks!" and never receive any callbacks. amidoingitrite?
November 26, 2011 @ 05:23 PM
Zé Pequeno

Call after a week keep showing your interested

We're all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils

November 26, 2011 @ 05:30 PM
thenorthside

Go in looking presentable (no backpacks, no sneakers, clean shit). First impressions are everything. Ask to speak with the manager/hiring manager directly. Introduce yourself, ask if they are hiring and state your interest in working with them (stores want to know that you'll be "committed" to working).

give them your résumé (but make sure your résumé is spot on. you can go to your local youth employment service and they can help you build a résumé and have it looking professional).

most stores will ask you why you want to work there (so do a little background check on them - there's no point in working at a place if you don't even know what they sell) - that being said, tailor your response to each store.

all that done, thank them and say you hope to speak with them soon.
be persistent, but not annoying. call them the next week and ask them if and when interviews will be held.

good luck niggas.

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

November 26, 2011 @ 05:38 PM
Jay_Bird

I GOT A JOB

ALOT OF YOU HB NIGS IS BROKE AS FUCK
November 26, 2011 @ 05:45 PM
BIRTH

Don't get a bad haircut the day before the interview.

November 26, 2011 @ 06:10 PM
cheezyDaba

Yeah u gotta go in there. Not gonna get shit by just filling out an application. Walk in put a smile on your face. Ask at least 1 question or something you like about their products.
November 26, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
InfamousZero

apply to UPS. them niggas is givin everyone a job right now.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off Lucasj : I drink milk like it's nut

November 27, 2011 @ 12:58 AM
WOLFdayz

Go in looking presentable (no backpacks, no sneakers, clean shit). First impressions are everything. Ask to speak with the manager/hiring manager directly. Introduce yourself, ask if they are hiring and state your interest in working with them (stores want to know that you'll be "committed" to working).

give them your résumé (but make sure your résumé is spot on. you can go to your local youth employment service and they can help you build a résumé and have it looking professional).

most stores will ask you why you want to work there (so do a little background check on them - there's no point in working at a place if you don't even know what they sell) - that being said, tailor your response to each store.

all that done, thank them and say you hope to speak with them soon.
be persistent, but not annoying. call them the next week and ask them if and when interviews will be held.

good luck niggas.

November 27, 2011 @ 03:14 AM
TehJNasty

with this economy.... good luck. retail sector is decreasing everyday

you really want a job? online sector is increasing everyday, youll have to sift through the shit for a couple of years before you land a good job
November 27, 2011 @ 03:24 AM
appleyard

apply to macys or temp agencies... temp work is in demand so its easy to find entry level admin support or clerk positions
November 27, 2011 @ 04:57 AM
RelaxRelapse

Best way to get a job is to know people working there already. I knew two people at the place I work now and I got the job (I don't even think I filled in the application right.)
November 27, 2011 @ 06:20 AM
Alx

don't apply with other people, looks dumb as fuck, i toss their resume in the no pile

wear the clothes, smile, ask if their hiring, you don't always have to ask for the manager, sometimes its annoying even, just ask a person that looks like they have say at the cash, be confident as fuck
November 27, 2011 @ 02:29 PM
young idiot

seems like a lot of it is luck. some people look for months and don't find shit, others look for a week and get callbacks. then there's knowing people who know people.

welp

Please login first to reply.