Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
October 4, 2011 @ 02:40 PM
TwiggyDig

Do you think positivity works? I'm usually hating on people who are super positive all the time, and my favorite tv show characters are more cynical, pragmatic characters (Dexter, McNulty, Hank Moody, Larry David, etc...) because I guess they are more interesting.

Yet do you think positivity is something that can actually change your life and make it better? I just thought about how negative I am sometimes. "I hate this weather, I hate school, I hate this class, I can't stand this person, I sounded so dumb, that song sucks" yet I realize these statements have no positive effect on my life and probably just cover up my insecurities. I feel like if I was positive all the time (not content with everything, just positive) that I would have less stress, be happier, and enjoy life more.

Anyone here fux with straight positivity?

/inb4♥♥♥♥♥yougay
October 4, 2011 @ 02:42 PM

Inactive

positivity is stupid. you'll only get your hopes up because having a positive attitude is not healthy, nor is it realistic. being positive is giving yourself false hopes.

and negativity does not cover up insecurities. being positive can create insecurities.

also, you don't sound negative at all. I hate this weather, I hate school, I hate this class, I can't stand this person, I sounded so dumb, that song sucks" are not very negative at all. everyone thinks these things and they don't really mean anything
October 4, 2011 @ 02:43 PM
bapa

usually when im negative, positive shit happens to me. ionno why
October 4, 2011 @ 02:46 PM
SFCA

I have a grandmother whose 67, pack a day smoker, and everyday toker. The only thing I believe that is preventing her from aging is her positivity. Always has a positive outlook no matter the circumstances. She told me that whenever you're in the deepest of dumps simply close your eyes, breathe, and think how good you have it. Out of all the places we could have been born in, we were born in the place that everyone wants to be in..time is typically seen as being against us but its really not at all

Cigarettes, Ice Cream and Figurines of the Virgin Mary http://www.last.fm/user/actsyalawlz

October 4, 2011 @ 02:48 PM
It's Only Hype

positivity is stupid. you'll only get your hopes up because having a positive attitude is not healthy, nor is it realistic. being positive is giving yourself false hopes.

and negativity does not cover up insecurities. being positive can create insecurities.

also, you don't sound negative at all. I hate this weather, I hate school, I hate this class, I can't stand this person, I sounded so dumb, that song sucks" are not very negative at all. everyone thinks these things and they don't really mean anything

you are the definition of negative nancy
October 4, 2011 @ 02:55 PM
playboyxxx

the fuck are you even saying?

pink like hamilton

October 4, 2011 @ 02:56 PM
chief

back in high school, i used to comment on things in a negative light without even thinking about it, and people would point out how i only look at the negative shit. as i grew older and am in college now, i have a more positive outlook for myself considering what a fucking great opportunity im in right (being in college). alot of people can say that they have the situation i have, but theres a far more vast number that cant say it.

i used to go to parties and if i song came on i didn't like i'd be like "this song blows" or some other negative ass comment. now i just enjoy it for what it is, cause it's obvious everyone else is enjoying it and having a great time

cliffnotes:
being positive allows you to have a lot more fun

except rain. rain can fucking rot in hell

•••

October 4, 2011 @ 03:07 PM

Inactive

you are the definition of negative nancy

im not even negative tho

its more like a lack of positivity.
October 4, 2011 @ 03:07 PM
It's Only Hype

i used to go to parties and if i song came on i didn't like i'd be like "this song blows" or some other negative ass comment. now i just enjoy it for what it is, cause it's obvious everyone else is enjoying it and having a great time

cliffnotes:

except rain. rain can fucking rot in hell

word. no one wants to hang out with a negative nig so the negative ♥♥♥♥♥ gets even more negative about life and its just a cycle of negativity
October 4, 2011 @ 03:10 PM
Detergent

of course it does...its motivational
October 4, 2011 @ 03:13 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

I think it's healthy to be negative sometimes because people who are ALWAYS positive will be blinded by obvious truths sometimes. I like to think I'm more positive than negative.
October 4, 2011 @ 03:17 PM
chief

I think it's healthy to be negative sometimes because people who are ALWAYS positive will be blinded by obvious truths sometimes. I like to think I'm more positive than negative.

you gotta be rational about a lot of things in order to understand them rather than negative

•••

October 4, 2011 @ 03:19 PM
jaded

That's pretty much what I believe. I know people who are positive about EVERYTHING, and they end up completely blind to the negative aspects of what they're doing. I think it's important to see something negative and realize it as opposed to convincing yourself that there's something positive in it.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

October 4, 2011 @ 03:28 PM
Freddie Benson

i think realistically and 90% of that time that means negative, attempting to be positive would be deceiving myself

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

October 4, 2011 @ 03:32 PM
It's Only Hype

Well nothing is inherently negative or positive. I think if you are realistic you can see a lot of things being 50-50 or 60-40 + or -
October 4, 2011 @ 03:47 PM
tmwtg

Be positive but realistic.

I just have to say, from personal experience, your attitude changes everything.

Don't be negative. Nobody wants a debbie downer.
October 4, 2011 @ 04:02 PM
Quan292

Staying positive is the way to go. Its not about being chipper about bad shit but trying to make the best out of every situation.
October 4, 2011 @ 04:12 PM
toneg

I'm pretty positive, I aint out looking for excuses for my shortcomings or anything but I just don't get my panties in a twist over tiny things that stewing on just wastes my time and mood(99% of shit I could be negative about).
October 4, 2011 @ 04:58 PM
Saro

back in high school, i used to comment on things in a negative light without even thinking about it, and people would point out how i only look at the negative shit. as i grew older and am in college now, i have a more positive outlook for myself considering what a fucking great opportunity im in right (being in college). alot of people can say that they have the situation i have, but theres a far more vast number that cant say it.

cliffnotes:

word. no one wants to hang out with a negative nig so the negative ♥♥♥♥♥ gets even more negative about life and its just a cycle of negativity

This. your outlook on things is contagious. If you were at a party or something, people can pick up on your negativity, and no one wants to hang out with you, unless theirs other negative ass ♥♥♥♥♥s. As far as being positive about something, it's an in the moment type of thing. Of course you're going to think negatively after, it's human nature, we like to evaluate ourselves. It's what helps us what we did wrong and think of ways on how we can improve. I see negativity as a wall that blocks you from attaining something. I'm pretty sure you guys doubted yourself when trying to go for something and eventually got it, it's cuz there was a sliver of positive in your mind that made you go after it.

Perception is reality. If you think you're gonna suck at something, you're gonna suck because you wouldn't go 100% since there's that doubt that you aren't gonna succeed. If you think you're gonna do good at something, you're gonna do good. Reality is within your mind. This way of thinking is for your own good, not for others to see.
October 4, 2011 @ 05:01 PM
TwiggyDig

This. your outlook on things is contagious. If you were at a party or something, people can pick up on your negativity, and no one wants to hang out with you, unless theirs other negative ass ♥♥♥♥♥s. As far as being positive about something, it's an in the moment type of thing. Of course you're going to think negatively after, it's human nature, we like to evaluate ourselves. It's what helps us what we did wrong and think of ways on how we can improve. I see negativity as a wall that blocks you from attaining something. I'm pretty sure you guys doubted yourself when trying to go for something and eventually got it, it's cuz there was a sliver of positive in your mind that made you go after it.

Perception is reality. If you think you're gonna suck at something, you're gonna suck because you wouldn't go 100% since there's that doubt that you aren't gonna succeed. If you think you're gonna do good at something, you're gonna do good. Reality is within your mind. This way of thinking is for your own good, not for others to see.

coolcool

lot of truth behind this
October 4, 2011 @ 06:06 PM
toneg

I think How to Win Friends and Influence People talks about this
October 4, 2011 @ 06:43 PM
hools

i've developed a hedonistic outlook over the past few months, so i like to think i keep it positive. even if shit sucks, the best thing you can do about it is joke and laugh about it. keeping a 'useful' rather than a 'positive' attitude has allowed me to develop better relationships with people, opened oppurtunities, and allowed me to love life for what it is

awkward moments, hypebeasts, six packs, romance, friendships, life troubles, debt--LIFE are all temporary. just get down with it. don't dwell on the past or worry bout the future. that shit's useless. enjoy and live in the present smile
October 4, 2011 @ 07:02 PM
myBallz

yeah it does. it's another term for "not giving a fuck" on what happens in life
October 4, 2011 @ 07:09 PM
chief

yeah it does. it's another term for "not giving a fuck" on what happens in life

i try to embrace this as well. partially the reason why i bleached my whole head of hair...lol

•••

October 4, 2011 @ 07:18 PM
Ape

Positivity can be the difference between you being ugly and handsome...pulling bitches and not pulling bitches...etc.

In life, it's more of how you think of things rather then how things really are.

I could complain about all the money I don't have but that won't do any good. I'd rather go in my closet and count all the nice shit i DO have and be satisfied and know there's always someone worse off.

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

October 4, 2011 @ 07:23 PM
Brooklyn_718

Being positive works. It's the same thing as how the environment around you effects your life. If your in a negative environment (crime poverty etc.) your chances of being a bad person is much greater than someone growing up in heaven. Same thing with your conscious/subconscious mind, if you pollute it with BS (kardashian show etc.) and negativity you'll shit it up.

Positivity can be the difference between you being ugly and handsome...pulling bitches and not pulling bitches...etc.

In life, it's more of how you think of things rather then how things really are.

I could complain about all the money I don't have but that won't do any good. I'd rather go in my closet and count all the nice shit i DO have and be satisfied and know there's always someone worse off.

This ^^ and knowing that there is potentially more good to come my way.
October 4, 2011 @ 07:33 PM
Ape

for example, i know ♥♥♥♥♥s say don't put pussy on a pedestal, but being in high school, there's always those girls that every ♥♥♥♥♥ hypes up as Beyonce's second coming nshit.

So when I approach, all I do is think of the positive outcomes that could happen even if she isn't interested.

1. She'll be impressed by how I carry myself, appearance, way I dress (being surrounded by ♥♥♥♥♥s who think Air Jordan 8s with Air Max Running Bubbles are "dope" FTW), and sense of humor and likely be interested so 2 is most likely null and void.

2. If she does turn me down, the fuck is the worse that can happen? She gon stab a ♥♥♥♥♥?

every night you're home alone thinking you lonely as fuck, remember there's always a doo doo stain ass nicca with NO bitches in his phone, or out at some party getting denied by every bitch getting clowned on nshit.

October 4, 2011 @ 07:59 PM
Z

Do you think positivity works? I'm usually hating on people who are super positive all the time, and my favorite tv show characters are more cynical, pragmatic characters (Dexter, McNulty, Hank Moody, Larry David, etc...) because I guess they are more interesting.

Yet do you think positivity is something that can actually change your life and make it better? I just thought about how negative I am sometimes. "I hate this weather, I hate school, I hate this class, I can't stand this person, I sounded so dumb, that song sucks" yet I realize these statements have no positive effect on my life and probably just cover up my insecurities. I feel like if I was positive all the time (not content with everything, just positive) that I would have less stress, be happier, and enjoy life more.

Anyone here fux with straight positivity?

/inb4♥♥♥♥♥yougay

Ususally when I see someone who is negative like this I automatically assume that this person is very insecure and/or unstable. And they usually have a negative effect on people similar to a rain cloud that follows you around and rains on all your parades. And those type of people are exhausting to be around man, if only you knew.

I used to be very depressed and very insecure as well as immature. And I didn't realize it until I finally stepped out of the rut that I found myself in. But now looking back I realize I used to judge people a lot to make me feel better about myself. And honestly man those were the worst days of my life.

Now that I understand how all of that affected me and the people around me, I love being a positive person. It makes you feel good about myself and it also rubs off on the people around you. You will be surprised how many windows of opportunity will open up for you with a positive attitude. Trust me, I've been there.

Don't rush yourself and be patient. Like, I would see people who were in a mental state that I wanted to be in and I would be so frustrated with myself because I wanted those same results, actually I still have this problem sometimes to this day because I set such ugh standards and expectations for myself. But you MUST be patient bro, changes to your lifestyle do not happen overnight. Just know where you want to be and work towards that at your own pace. Dont let anyone try to force you into a position you feel uncomfortable with.

Be in control of your own life and your own attitude, try not to let people push your buttons at will and dictate your emotions. Just remember you arenin control and that is your nature's right to impose your own will. Exercise that and you will seewhati am talking about, I promise.

When in doubt, show that bitch your Slurpee cup collection.

October 4, 2011 @ 08:08 PM
Ape

Dont let anyone try to force you into a position you feel uncomfortable with.

my nicca too trill know something bout that

"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, AND I DON'T PLAY THAT SHIT!!!"

October 4, 2011 @ 08:10 PM
stoompa

i'm led to believe my fucked up sleeping schedule has made me a much more negative person. perhaps being tired for extended periods of time and negativity are parallel?

iunnnoooo

Please login first to reply.