SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
October 4, 2011 @ 07:29 AM
Constellations

Brooklyn: so you're saying that the people who bust their asses off in school to get into Ivy leagues so that one day they could be investment bankers, hedge fund managers, etc.. should sacrifice part of their revenue by not outsourcing and keeping the jobs in America? why should they give a fuck about the idiots that fucked up in high school because they wanted to party and smoke weed 24/7? and trust me the jobs are available in America, it's just Americans feel entitled to jobs that pay 50-70k a year without putting in any work to earn that money.

Holy shit lol dont tell me you actually believe this to be the case. This isn't a matter of poor people being jealous of the rich. Watch the documentary chopzz posted and educate yourself. You obviously have no idea what has been going on. This isn't a protest of the guy that got rich off a start up internet company. These ♥♥♥♥♥s aren't mad at google.
Watch the movie. Its pretty good. I think it won an oscar

\X/

October 4, 2011 @ 10:30 AM
flow

@ homes & powerball
please kill yourselfs dudes. if one ain't using his life to think, it ain't worth nothing more then an old chewing gum used to fix an falling apart system. you two been formed, placed, attached and everything you do is to keep sticking there.

i'm not calling you ignorant, i'm calling you dumb fucks. no matter how educated you are, a glass of mayo is able to replace your intelligence. i lol'd at your legal=right comparison!

what these kids down there are doing is WORK! work shouldn't be just used to earn a little money and live your life (sadly as you look at it), the origin of work is something bigger. work is the one and only thing in life that is able to change something... making your fuckin country a better place, finally be able to giving something back... for future generations... even for yourself. that's what these kids down there are doing, and all this FOR FREE out of hope for the good of humanity/of you...

if you blame them, you just end up blaming yourself.

wat. if 9/11 was a "protest" then it was incredibly misguided.

can you tell me who misguided the message?
...the media???

why do i bring this point up:
if one fights a strong system (p.e. the "american dream" (9/11), capitalism (wallstreet), ...), the first thing this system will do is to shrink up, to remain stong, it wants to keep its stability. it will look at your attack very likely in a bad way, until finally it will look at you as an enemy, it wants to fight back.
it's hard to fight against something powerful established, to hurt it, but not that it wants to keep its form... instead of expanding its original form with new arguments.

(my english sucks, sorry)
October 4, 2011 @ 10:30 AM
cebollo

While I think the protesters have legitimate complaints, I have yet to see any concrete solutions. Until then, I really can't take them seriously.
October 4, 2011 @ 10:35 AM
Skunk 4 Prez

Any hbny ♥♥♥♥♥s been to the protest? I might go this friday
October 4, 2011 @ 10:38 AM
flow

While I think the protesters have legitimate complaints, I have yet to see any concrete solutions. Until then, I really can't take them seriously.

change is the solution!
making people think and not ending up in some new -ism.
October 4, 2011 @ 10:44 AM
cebollo

^ this is exactly what I'm talking about. It's not enough to just say change. These people need to say EXACTLY what reforms need to be made and HOW to accomplish them successfully. All the thinking in the world doesn't equate to an ounce of action. They got off their ass and started marching. Good. But now what?
October 4, 2011 @ 11:07 AM
SantaDuJuan

Any hbny ♥♥♥♥♥s been to the protest? I might go this friday

I went to the park they were at last week when they said Radiohead was going to play.
When I looked on my phone and saw they weren't I hopped back on the train and went back home.

My grandmother actually called me asking if I was protesting with them.
October 4, 2011 @ 12:09 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

powerball needs to go easy on smoking too much sherm lololol

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 4, 2011 @ 12:18 PM
Brooklyn_718

Brooklyn: so you're saying that the people who bust their asses off in school to get into Ivy leagues so that one day they could be investment bankers, hedge fund managers, etc.. should sacrifice part of their revenue by not outsourcing and keeping the jobs in America? why should they give a fuck about the idiots that fucked up in high school because they wanted to party and smoke weed 24/7? and trust me the jobs are available in America, it's just Americans feel entitled to jobs that pay 50-70k a year without putting in any work to earn that money.

lol I'm not going to address the rest of the ignorance, but I find your first statement hilarious... Investment bankers "bust their asses" in school ? Hedge fund managers "bust their asses" in school ? Lol guy do you really believe those bankers and hedgefund managers are paid according to how much they "busted their asses" in school ? If that was the case I'm sure the people in science/mathematics would have the salaries of the bankers, instead those people are underpaid. I think your overvaluing the bankers importance in society... Medical research is underfunded, scientists are underpaid, they study much harder than the bankers, and play a more important role in society, but are paid less. And graduates have trouble finding jobs whether they did well in school or not.
October 4, 2011 @ 12:44 PM
dead7

In order to be taken seriously this "movement" needs to have clear objective, a spokesperson/leader or figure head, and a real presence.

That said, the current state of things are merely a result of capitalism's fundamental flaws.

Like i said before, America cant stomach capitalism anymore. And if u think its bad now wait til the GoP takes the white house...
October 4, 2011 @ 12:48 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

October 4, 2011 @ 01:14 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

lol I'm not going to address the rest of the ignorance, but I find your first statement hilarious... Investment bankers "bust their asses" in school ? Hedge fund managers "bust their asses" in school ? Lol guy do you really believe those bankers and hedgefund managers are paid according to how much they "busted their asses" in school ? If that was the case I'm sure the people in science/mathematics would have the salaries of the bankers, instead those people are underpaid. I think your overvaluing the bankers importance in society... Medical research is underfunded, scientists are underpaid, they study much harder than the bankers, and play a more important role in society, but are paid less. And graduates have trouble finding jobs whether they did well in school or not.

Word
October 4, 2011 @ 01:38 PM
Blunted at birth.

I mean, the seemingly simple solution would be for the gov to take back the money to print/distribute money and issue debt free notes.

How the fuck do we have to pay interest on our own currency to a privately owned central bank? that's fucking laaaaaughs.

People talk alot of shit about the rothschilds and other banking families but they are fucking G's. They make a stupid amount of money by being the sole issuer of currency to the western world.

But yea, Monetary reform is the only thing that can help this country atm.

Fucka fiat currency created out of debt and fuck fractional reserve lending.
October 4, 2011 @ 01:38 PM
YetixHunting

The business students at my 1st-tier college didn't do shit. ever. The laziest, most under-motivated and self-inflated people on campus are now the ones who will manage your stock portfolios and health insurance. The hardest class they took was finite algebra...and this statement is not coming from me, but the director of the business program, in a conversation with my mathematics professor.

Always Hungry

October 4, 2011 @ 01:56 PM
Radular

OK, so if you don't like how big banks act, don't accept loans you might not be able to pay for? If your issue is with how they are taxed, then go to talk to the government? "Occupying Wall Street" will not only accomplish nothing, it's completely misguided in the first place.

talk to the government? the government is being controlled by big business when it comes to taxes. that's why there are protests for the separation of business and state
October 4, 2011 @ 01:57 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

www.filmsforaction.org/Watch/Inside_Job_2010/
^ Link to watch the full movie of Inside Job which i posted a trailer of

www.filmsforaction.org/Watch/The_Corporation/
^ Link to watch the movie called THE CORPORATION which is very intriguing and as relevent as the financial meltdown we're experincing.

ok?

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 4, 2011 @ 02:24 PM
dead7

talk to the government? the government is being controlled by big business when it comes to taxes. that's why there are protests for the separation of business and state

Almost impossible at this point. Most Americans hold the government accountable for the economy, and u cant really say stay out of business, then ask them to fix it when it breaks...

Also if the economy poses a potential threat to the country it is the President/Government job to protect the people.
October 4, 2011 @ 04:47 PM
Constellations

THIS.

bankers just move other peoples money around and take slices of it for themselves at every opportunity. their jobs are inherently unproductive.

im still lolin that this ♥♥♥♥♥ said "write your congressmen" doe. lawl

WHO OWNS CONGRESS:

motherjones.com/politics/2010/09/congress-corporate-sponsors

\X/

October 4, 2011 @ 05:09 PM
Constellations

\X/

October 4, 2011 @ 05:40 PM
Veeurbanite

I stopped by

http://twitter.com/veeurbanite

October 4, 2011 @ 05:48 PM
dead7

^ do they got a unified message yet?
October 4, 2011 @ 05:55 PM
jaded

Protests don't make sense to me because eventually this whole thing will get broken up, the protestors will go home, and Wall Street will just keep going.

I mean what do these guys expect exactly? Do they expect these bankers to just say "you know what, they're right. Let's stop being billionaires and multi-millionaires and even things out for everyone."

I won't pretend to know much about it, because I don't. I don't follow the news at all, but I just don't see how these protests can ever lead to change. The guys on Wall Street probably just see these protestors as lazy hippies who don't want to work as hard as they do but want to earn the same amount of money.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

October 4, 2011 @ 06:16 PM
Wash Pahpin

wall street sees it as a threat tis the reason FOX is bashing the protest

washpahpin.com

October 4, 2011 @ 06:24 PM
NZOO

Fuck it ima be out there Friday, I'm fed up...

Don't badmind me.

October 4, 2011 @ 06:26 PM
jaded

wall street sees it as a threat tis the reason FOX is bashing the protest

I highly doubt they see it as a threat. What impact do the protestors have on Wall Street firms in the first place?

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

October 4, 2011 @ 06:51 PM
Ulzzang

waste of time.
October 4, 2011 @ 07:59 PM
Constellations

Protests don't make sense to me because eventually this whole thing will get broken up, the protestors will go home, and Wall Street will just keep going.

I mean what do these guys expect exactly? Do they expect these bankers to just say "you know what, they're right. Let's stop being billionaires and multi-millionaires and even things out for everyone."

I won't pretend to know much about it, because I don't. I don't follow the news at all, but I just don't see how these protests can ever lead to change. The guys on Wall Street probably just see these protestors as lazy hippies who don't want to work as hard as they do but want to earn the same amount of money.

i dont think anyone expects there to be a sudden, massive redistribution of the wealth in this country, but maybe we can bring an end to predatory lending, credit default swaps, false investment grades, and maybe we'll get some accountability on the part of the people in charge in the future so they don't have incentive to repeat all this shit later on.

and historically the leaders of this country have realized that giving the people at least a little of what they want to satisfy them is better than risking an all out revolt.

\X/

October 4, 2011 @ 08:32 PM

Inactive

first and foremost, you're the last dumbass on the hb forums to be calling me stupid. you stay losing at a community college for the next 3 years while you figure out what you want to do with your weak ass life. and most investment bankers and hedge fund managers come from upper middle class and above? are you fuckin stupid? there's plenty of people out there who worked hard to get where they're at in life. i come from a typical middle class family yet i busted my ass off in hs and got into usc for business. so while all you hatin ass fagboys complain about bankers exploiting your dumbasses, i'll be doing the same shit as well so haters gon hate. stay losing ♥♥♥♥♥s.

lmao you stay being a greedy faggot then. money doesn't matter for shit anyways. you're just another brainwashed lowlife who's been fooled into believing that anything we do in this life matters. so have fun slaving away being some investment banker's gopher.

and by the way, noone here is being fucking jealous of people who make money. noone's hating on anyone for making "something" out of themselves. people hate the exploiters. so if you don't have any morals and value money over all else, go ahead and live your crappy life. but you'll never be free my bruh. you'll never be free.
October 4, 2011 @ 09:08 PM
Constellations

first and foremost, you're the last dumbass on the hb forums to be calling me stupid. you stay losing at a community college for the next 3 years, dumbass. once again, if these dumbfucks who participated in these protests really wanted to do something about it, they'd run for a position of power and use the legal system to get something done.

lol why are you trying so hard to defend these people? this is a pretty cut and dry subject. what these ♥♥♥♥♥s did was wrong and if you disagree you either

a. dont understand or are not informed of whats been going or
b. you think the exploitation of the middle class is ok

and yeah lol run for senator and "get something done" there. in case you havent noticed, congress rarely gets shit done and its become nearly impossible to get elected with out getting in bed with the lobbyists and the corporations. but lets assume that, through a grassroots movement, you get elected. as soon as you try to introduce any legislation that may benefit the people you just get railroaded and filibustered by everyone else in congress, who have already been bought. public outcry is usually the best way to enact change, and even then, the odds against you are astronomical.

\X/

October 4, 2011 @ 11:22 PM
Homes

You obviously know nothing about the job market and the way it works. A problem emerges when jobs industries that were once here disappears "magically" overseas... We aren't talking companies that absolutely need the cheap labor, but so what right ? I don't blame them if there is more money in creating jobs overseas why not ? Something should be done to take globalization into account... the old system isn't working, and for you to be an advocate of it is kind of funny and ironic, when you consider the country itself is creating all kinds of failing stimulus's and calling to action the job situation. Manufacturing here is going down hill why ? Not because companies can't do it. They save money by not doing it, nothing's wrong with that... except that equals less industry here, which in turn equals less jobs. Once again the old system is failing, and for you to advocate it is ironic as fuck, because numbers don't lie... There are times when old systems need a fix when Milton Friedman and Reagan changed things it worked for a while now it needs to be re-evaluated.

lol damn b, if you're gonna say "you obviously know nothing about the job market" you probably should have at least taken an entry level economics class.

No, a problem does not emerge when industries move overseas. A problem emerges when workers fail to adapt to that change. It's called specialization, look it up. If Chinese workers can make our clothes for cheaper, why would we make clothes? All the people who used to make clothes here now have to transfer their skillset to something else. If that means those people now have to be the janitors for the corporate hq that owns a clothes company that produces it's clothes in Taiwan, then so be it. America does not produce things the cheapest anymore, so we do other things. It's not that fucking hard. If anything, when the government tries to "protect" you from lost jobs, they are making the problem worse. We won't be able to make clothes as cheap as the Asians until their standard of living catches up to ours. Until then, the gov is only prolonging the pain of finding another fucking job to do.

Lol ok so someone uses "loopholes" and bribery to get a bill passed and people should just shut their mouths. They shouldn't call out the people who are using there money to influence the government that exists for us, I think your a little confused here, legal or illegal you can protest what you believe is wrong. It was ok to have slaves at one point... women couldn't vote at one point, write your congressman ? You have to be a child.

I'm not saying don't protest what you think is wrong, by all means go for it... I'm just saying if you think standing around on wall street with a sign is going to change any of that, you have some learning to do.

So because income inequality is legal it's ok ? We shouldn't take a look at the issue, I think we both admit it's an issue. It isn't about banks donating money last I checked the government bailed out the banks with our money... But it isn't about that. Obviously you have no idea what the issues are..

MLK would be proud of occupy wall st. and your statement proves you don't know shit about MLK or economics, and you have a lot of growing up to do... MLK believed in peaceful protest, guy these people aren't hurting anyone they're fighting for what they believe in... MLK marched on Washington spoke infront of places as historic as Wall St. I bet there was some idiot who said the same thing as you "These ♥♥♥♥♥s are stupid their wasting their time, they should stop".

once again, I didn't say it wasn't wrong. I said it wasn't illegal. I agree that it's wrong. I'm saying you are wasting your time on Wall Street because they don't make the laws. They clearly don't give a fuck about you, or if its right or wrong. So make it illegal. Go to DC, not NY.

Ironic. You're right, MLK did march on historic places... what does that have to do with this? MLK spoke in front of MASSIVE crowds in our capitol. In front of our govnerment. Not a bunch of corporations who don't owe anything to you. In fact, that's why he organized boycotts... because he understood that money is the only way to influence a company. If you think ANYONE on Wall Street gives a flying fuck about a bunch of loser ass teenagers standing around in masks on Wall Street, you're kidding yourself. You're not going to find anyone in that crowd who is half the leader and reformist MLK was.

Please login first to reply.