October 1, 2011 @ 10:12 PM
Axraexl

why? if the world was going to end, all these rich people would realize that their money is worthless, that their bloated bank accounts can't stop them from dying like the rest of us. if anyone has beef with the wealthy, that should be enough. it's the ultimate truth, the most beautiful thing.

Suck my Greenlight

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

October 1, 2011 @ 10:15 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

aw shit... sad

i cant let those crooks get away. i just can't man

I wholeheartly agree with your inputs n thoughts tho, moops.

The truth is this system is a guidance to the damnation for the mankind. Just look at how corporations wiping out rainforrest n exploitating 3rd countries workers n etc. It's inevitable

We must change our path not just for myself or the others, but most importantly for the future generation.

That's just how i see it. So despite of how much I can't stand the majority of mankind n our sick twisted human nature...

I must try. At least, I'm not going to join one of them n close my eyes n ears like a sheep as if nothing is happening. Even though my efforts may be a fruitless waste.

I can't give up. I won't give up. I must go on.

www.occupytogether.org/

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 1, 2011 @ 10:58 PM

Inactive

Corporate exploitation of people in third world countries is another issue entirely though
October 1, 2011 @ 11:23 PM
Brooklyn_718

There are some bright ideas in this thread. From watching video clips of the protest I see that people have some kind of idea of what is going on. Though it may seem that everyone is sleeping and allowing corruption to take place, people are aware of it. But knowing is not enough.... I sure hope they continue to stand up, and keep things peaceful because the state is waiting for people to start acting a fool so they can lock them up... But truthfully if things got ugly we'll see change quicker than chanting and holding signs.

slatest.slate.com/posts/2011/10/01/wall_street_protestors_take_to_brooklyn_bridge_nypd_arrests_larg.html

They locked 400 people up^^
October 3, 2011 @ 09:48 AM
OddMenOut

If you haven't had a chance to make it down to Lower Manhattan or any of city participating in the movement then you probably should, at least to check it out. This is a very powerful site to see and hopefully it'll bring about some level of change.

Food For Thought: The majority of individuals at the rallies are very educated, which is one of the main reasons they're so upset.

ODDMENOUT | A Standard Apart

October 3, 2011 @ 01:08 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

Mark my words, all these Occupy X City movements is gonna clique up and Occupy Washington, and shit will get real

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

October 3, 2011 @ 02:05 PM
Blunted at birth.

yea man, centrally owned private banks are not swag... giving loans out to dumb ♥♥♥♥♥s who know they cant afford it only to tighten up the money supply later and consolidate even more wealth.. smh

ayy but what you know bout buying a house in cash doe? on that fiscally responsible tip.
October 3, 2011 @ 02:35 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

lol i cant wait until we just all fucking die. like having a thousand nukes detonate all at once in the states. that would be great. no more suffering.

DEADASS. Yo that's like the biggest absurdity you could ever come up with, swagswagswag cool

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

October 3, 2011 @ 03:16 PM
Blunted at birth.

lol pwnt ^
October 3, 2011 @ 06:19 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzrBurlJUNk

* check out this movie if you're still wondering why are so many ppl protesting against the financial industry n the reason why we're in recession.

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 3, 2011 @ 09:59 PM
Homes

damn, so much ignorance in this thread....

Honestly I'm surprised there aren't more people on here laughing at this shit, I know I do when I see these raggedy ass hipster kids on my campus walking around with their "Occupy Wall Street" signs... why? because those people work? because those people make more money than you? smh
October 3, 2011 @ 10:07 PM
Radular

^ because those people dont have to pay as much taxes as the people with lower paying jobs do?
October 3, 2011 @ 10:38 PM
Homes

how do you figure?
October 3, 2011 @ 10:46 PM
kiIogram

if you watch the movie chopzz posted you'll have a better idea of who the hate is directed towards. definitely not people who just "work and make more money than you do".

|||||||||||||\|||||||||||||||||I|/

October 3, 2011 @ 10:54 PM
Homes

OK, so if you don't like how big banks act, don't accept loans you might not be able to pay for? If your issue is with how they are taxed, then go to talk to the government? "Occupying Wall Street" will not only accomplish nothing, it's completely misguided in the first place.
October 3, 2011 @ 11:22 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

October 3, 2011 @ 11:33 PM
Brooklyn_718

OK, so if you don't like how big banks act, don't accept loans you might not be able to pay for? If your issue is with how they are taxed, then go to talk to the government? "Occupying Wall Street" will not only accomplish nothing, it's completely misguided in the first place.

agree with you completely. if these dumbfucks spent that time protesting doing something more productive like fuckin working hard in school for a change then they'd have a nice paying job that would allow them to pay off their damn loans and shit.

Lol smh you guys are brainwashed and sound ignorant as fuck... ^^... The situation is bad right now overall, and I'm surprise you think there is nothing to fight for here. They aren't protesting celebs that make millions or authors, entertainers, athletes or any of that.. they're protesting corruption, a lack of jobs, the banks misuse of power- the way they use they're wealth to shape politics, and an inequality gap that is extremely shameful for a country as rich as ours.

The only problem I see with this protest is the absence of a mission or goal... Standing there chanting wrongs is not enough. I also find it sad that some people would look at this w.o any admiration at all, protests like this made America great...
October 3, 2011 @ 11:42 PM
Eaton

this is why i dont acknowledge any of this hippy ass protest shit. someone just makes some tumblr image with half truths and force people to make certain judgments. that money was donated months before OWS even started. it was just made public recently.

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

October 3, 2011 @ 11:58 PM
Homes

Lol smh you guys are brainwashed and sound ignorant as fuck... ^^... The situation is bad right now overall, and I'm surprise you think there is nothing to fight for here. They aren't protesting celebs that make millions or authors, entertainers, athletes or any of that.. they're protesting corruption, a lack of jobs, the banks misuse of power- the way they use they're wealth to shape politics, and an inequality gap that is extremely shameful for a country as rich as ours.

The only problem I see with this protest is the absence of a mission or goal... Standing there chanting wrongs is not enough. I also find it sad that some people would look at this w.o any admiration at all, protests like this made America great...

haha if you're gonna call me ignorant, at least come with something a little better than this...

I swear most people here do not understand the basic rules of economics. If you don't like the way a company acts, or you think they are corrupt, DON'T USE THEIR SERVICES. By far the most effective means of bringing about change.

They're protesting a lack of jobs?? How do you think the job market works? It's a job market. That means just like any other market, it is subject to the laws of supply and demand. Either demand more products and services, which in turn will spawn jobs, or supply products and services that are in demand and make your own jobs. No one can just magically "make" you a job. And when the government does that, it's because they are using your tax money to artificially create jobs, only further putting our government into debt. People who bitch about not having a job are the same ones that bitch about the corporate bailouts, yet they are asking for personal bailout.

The way they "misuse" wealth to influence politics is comepletely legal. Unfortunate or not, it's not Wall Street's fault, so write your local congressman rather than wasting your time on misguided protests.

I agree that our inequality gap is "shameful," but again, it's not illegal. If the workers on Wall Street don't want to donate their money to the poor, they don't have to.

And your last point. "Protests like this" have never done anything for America. The people who influenced this country through protests were selfless, group minded LEADERS who studied society, politics, law and history to come up with a way to change things. Which is the problem with today's protestors. MLK Jr would have thought "Anonymous," the group of angry teenage nerds who think they are badass because they have the tech skills to dig up personal info on the web, were idiots. And they are. Martin Luther King Jr knew standing around on one of America's busiest, and most economically successful streets wouldn't get shit done. He organized massive peaceful marches, and accepted the violent response from law enforcement because he knew it was only winning them sympathy. He organized sit-ins, boycotts, and union strikes. There is nothing admirable about ignorance, misguided anger, and envy, which is what these protests boil down to.
October 4, 2011 @ 12:03 AM
Parra

Made respect to these people who are actually trying to make a stand.
October 4, 2011 @ 12:09 AM
tmwtg

I'm assuming you guys have already seen this video:

[youtube]Zgr3DiqWYCI[/youtube]

It's really fucking BS what the police are doing.
October 4, 2011 @ 12:23 AM
Axraexl

Lol, aint shit gonna change
This nations is on its last legs.
The country will still continue to plummet both economically and morally.
Its all been systemically constructed, the future is set and no revolution will change that
It will only get worse until it gets "better", I know that may seem like a contradiction to my last statement but its not, notice the quotations.
This country will be starved and desolate till the people are damn near desperate for reformation, a figure will rise that will bring a false sense of Hope and freedom but its all deceptive plot to lure you in and receive the Mark of the Beast

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

October 4, 2011 @ 12:53 AM
ichigo81

I can't say this enough, why didn't this happen when bush bitch ass was in office and it really fucks with me when I see white kids protesting when black unemployment is at damn near 60 percent. There is so much fucked up situations in this world but Americans don't care about that shit, fuck this 99 percent shit, tell people in Africa that have to travel miles for water and all the women are getting raped and killed, tell that to people in ethopia who are starving and are called pirates bc they try to survive, tell people in the middle east they are free but a more corrupt government is in place, tell n*ggas in the hood stop killing each other and eating better. I love America in the sense people can voice their opinion to a certain extent but all this shit is falling on deaf ears bc muthafuckas was eating and turning blind eyes to this situation when that puppet bush and Cheney had his hand up his ass running this bitch into the ground.
October 4, 2011 @ 01:42 AM
Belak

I'm assuming you guys have already seen this video:

[youtube]Zgr3DiqWYCI[/youtube]

It's really fucking BS what the police are doing.

did you pay attention to the last segment of the video? In Black and minority communities, that shit is everyday life. It's just an example of the corruption that goes unnoticed, everything is subconscious nowadays: racism and discrimination especially. This protest is needed but needs to be directed with more power, right now the wrong voices are being heard. The low income shit holes which have been institutionalized with this corruption need to be heard. It only stops where it begins.
October 4, 2011 @ 02:06 AM
DE LUCKS

haha if you're gonna call me ignorant, at least come with something a little better than this...

I swear most people here do not understand the basic rules of economics. If you don't like the way a company acts, or you think they are corrupt, DON'T USE THEIR SERVICES. By far the most effective means of bringing about change.

They're protesting a lack of jobs?? How do you think the job market works? It's a job market. That means just like any other market, it is subject to the laws of supply and demand. Either demand more products and services, which in turn will spawn jobs, or supply products and services that are in demand and make your own jobs. No one can just magically "make" you a job. And when the government does that, it's because they are using your tax money to artificially create jobs, only further putting our government into debt. People who bitch about not having a job are the same ones that bitch about the corporate bailouts, yet they are asking for personal bailout.

The way they "misuse" wealth to influence politics is comepletely legal. Unfortunate or not, it's not Wall Street's fault, so write your local congressman rather than wasting your time on misguided protests.

I agree that our inequality gap is "shameful," but again, it's not illegal. If the workers on Wall Street don't want to donate their money to the poor, they don't have to.

And your last point. "Protests like this" have never done anything for America. The people who influenced this country through protests were selfless, group minded LEADERS who studied society, politics, law and history AND PHILOSOPHYto come up with a way to change things. Which is the problem with today's protestors. MLK Jr would have thought "Anonymous," the group of angry teenage nerds who think they are badass because they have the tech skills to dig up personal info on the web, were idiots. And they are. Martin Luther King Jr knew standing around on one of America's busiest, and most economically successful streets wouldn't get shit done. He organized massive peaceful marches, and accepted the violent response from law enforcement because he knew it was only winning them sympathy. He organized sit-ins, boycotts, and union strikes. There is nothing admirable about ignorance, misguided anger, and envy, which is what these protests boil down to.

but fuck yes.
October 4, 2011 @ 02:07 AM
Brooklyn_718

And your last point. "Protests like this" have never done anything for America. The people who influenced this country through protests were selfless, group minded LEADERS who studied society, politics, law and history to come up with a way to change things. Which is the problem with today's protestors. MLK Jr would have thought "Anonymous," the group of angry teenage nerds who think they are badass because they have the tech skills to dig up personal info on the web, were idiots. And they are. Martin Luther King Jr knew standing around on one of America's busiest, and most economically successful streets wouldn't get shit done. He organized massive peaceful marches, and accepted the violent response from law enforcement because he knew it was only winning them sympathy. He organized sit-ins, boycotts, and union strikes. There is nothing admirable about ignorance, misguided anger, and envy, which is what these protests boil down to.

You obviously know nothing about the job market and the way it works. A problem emerges when jobs industries that were once here disappears "magically" overseas... We aren't talking companies that absolutely need the cheap labor, but so what right ? I don't blame them if there is more money in creating jobs overseas why not ? Something should be done to take globalization into account... the old system isn't working, and for you to be an advocate of it is kind of funny and ironic, when you consider the country itself is creating all kinds of failing stimulus's and calling to action the job situation. Manufacturing here is going down hill why ? Not because companies can't do it. They save money by not doing it, nothing's wrong with that... except that equals less industry here, which in turn equals less jobs. Once again the old system is failing, and for you to advocate it is ironic as fuck, because numbers don't lie... There are times when old systems need a fix when Milton Friedman and Reagan changed things it worked for a while now it needs to be re-evaluated.

Lol ok so someone uses "loopholes" and bribery to get a bill passed and people should just shut their mouths. They shouldn't call out the people who are using there money to influence the government that exists for us, I think your a little confused here, legal or illegal you can protest what you believe is wrong. It was ok to have slaves at one point... women couldn't vote at one point, write your congressman ? You have to be a child.

So because income inequality is legal it's ok ? We shouldn't take a look at the issue, I think we both admit it's an issue. It isn't about banks donating money last I checked the government bailed out the banks with our money... But it isn't about that. Obviously you have no idea what the issues are..

MLK would be proud of occupy wall st. and your statement proves you don't know shit about MLK or economics, and you have a lot of growing up to do... MLK believed in peaceful protest, guy these people aren't hurting anyone they're fighting for what they believe in... MLK marched on Washington spoke infront of places as historic as Wall St. I bet there was some idiot who said the same thing as you "These ♥♥♥♥♥s are stupid their wasting their time, they should stop".

Lastly, stop making yourself look like a fool advocating a system that is failing. The president acknowledged it's failing, the federal reserve acknowledged it, and the government acknowledged it's failing.
October 4, 2011 @ 02:17 AM
Pretty Joseph

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

October 4, 2011 @ 02:32 AM
dead7

America has simply lost the stomach for capitalism.
October 4, 2011 @ 05:52 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

this is why i dont acknowledge any of this hippy ass protest shit.

go back to sleep. go back to your little comfortable bubble of yours n keep your eyes, ears, and mouth closed at all time. Then pray for the best like a sheep.

Let's give a round of applause for the bankers who are gambling away our future, the house mortgages, and employment [ for example of the Bank of America laid off hundreds of employees just before the President Obama giving a speech about the "new economy stimulus" bullshit]

Then let the government bailout those bankers who are continuing to robbing us when they're bankrupt with our taxpayers money. Sounds very unlike the idea of free market I've been hearing about.

So who laughs at the end? the 1% or the 99%?

The enslavement of debt is REAL. This financial corruption is affecting everyone. Well maybe not the 1% of the American population.

October 4, 2011 @ 06:58 AM

Inactive

Brooklyn: so you're saying that the people who bust their asses off in school to get into Ivy leagues so that one day they could be investment bankers, hedge fund managers, etc.. should sacrifice part of their revenue by not outsourcing and keeping the jobs in America? why should they give a fuck about the idiots that fucked up in high school because they wanted to party and smoke weed 24/7? and trust me the jobs are available in America, it's just Americans feel entitled to jobs that pay 50-70k a year without putting in any work to earn that money.

Holy shit you're fucking stupid.

Those are two huge generalizations. That the rich are the hardest working people out there and that the poor are stupid and lazy. Capitalism benefits the rich and harms the poor. Most of investment bankers and hedge fund managers came from upper middle class to upper class families. And who are you to say blue collar workers are stupid and lazy and potheads?

Please login first to reply.