September 29, 2011 @ 01:33 AM
Belak

Ichigo I see you!
Bush has held double negative consecutive quarters, he fucked our GDP up the ass and turned it over to Obama. A double negative economic quarter is like stopping the titanic from sinking its nearly impossible and you best believe our economic ship would sink much quicker if the likes of palin or bauchman took office. Obama has made minimal improvements to our nations GDP, however because it's not noticeable ♥♥♥♥♥s are throwing fits. The Tea Party has done nothing but try and obstruct his term as president. Obama's vision of working alongside Republicans and bringing about a unification was naive and it has showed, he's become much more lenient...with the recent chaos around the world, i wouldn't be shocked if a battle was bound to happen.
September 29, 2011 @ 01:42 AM
jafeel

The people here care to much about all the wrong things that's the problem. In 18th century france or anywhere at that time, people would've fought and won already and these bankers and politicians would be sent to the guillotine. I believe in a capitalist society (people should be able to become rich) but this is not one. The government takes part in the economics, bails out banks and car companies, and misuse tax payer money when you have a college system that leaves young people with tens of thousands of dollars in debt. Bail out the college students instead of GM wtf ? Like I said the value system is off. People today care about what jennifer lopez wore on the red carpet, and Kim Kardashian wedding and the royal wedding and all that dumb shit that plays no part in bettering society or uplifting us at all.

No offense, but this is always the stupid shit you read in the top youtube comments and yahoo news today.|0
September 29, 2011 @ 01:43 AM
Brooklyn_718

No offense, but this is always the stupid shit you read in the top youtube comments and yahoo news today.|0

Does that make it any less true ? The only people that would take offense to that statement are the idiots that pay those "stars" more attention than they deserve.
September 29, 2011 @ 01:46 AM
jafeel

No its just that people (not you) try too hard to make clever comments when it comes to these kind of issues. Kind of like "the dislike bar is the length of Justin Bieber's penis" or "(That black guy) is Obama's long lost uncle"

Its just that we are on HB and of course people here are materialistic. Its a fashion forum
September 29, 2011 @ 04:39 AM
Skunk 4 Prez

I'm actually thinking of going to the protest this friday. College price is too damn high and I'm gonna protest with these ♥♥♥♥♥s and shit.
September 29, 2011 @ 09:16 AM
Constellations

\X/

September 29, 2011 @ 11:23 AM
Blunted at birth.

lol ^

SW∆G.
September 29, 2011 @ 01:57 PM
DhA

Kids like this are sad. Why spend your time complaining about how much power the rich have when you can just get rich yourself?
September 29, 2011 @ 02:04 PM
Constellations

Kids like this are sad. Why spend your time complaining about how much power the rich have when you can just get rich yourself?

its not about how much power they have. its the corruption and abuse of it.

\X/

September 29, 2011 @ 02:08 PM
DhA

September 29, 2011 @ 02:12 PM
DhA

Yeah...those rich nikkas still pay more tax per year than you do in a decade tbh.
September 29, 2011 @ 02:19 PM
rocka

I loled

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PiXDTK_CBY

Haters gonna Hate lol

Props to the young people who are "fighting" for what they believe in and what they want to see in the future. Not sure how much change this protest is gonna cause though.
September 29, 2011 @ 02:20 PM
Blunted at birth.

HB nikkas need to see this

30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsat9l2PJh1qebve6o1_500.png

Explain what you think this means.
September 29, 2011 @ 02:30 PM
uusunn

OUR GRIEVANCES
1.Campaign Finance Reform
All votes are no longer equal in our Democracy. Money must be put outside of politics, or politicians will continue to pander to those who contribute the most to their campaigns, rather than their own constituencies. Specifically, we abhor the decision by the Supreme Court in Citizens United v. FEC. Corporations are NOT people.

2.True Shared Sacrifice
While corporate profits have been skyrocketing and the wealthy have been getting wealthier, the average worker’s income has dramatically dropped. While the cost of living has exponentially increased, wages have not followed. It has been shown time and time again that tax cuts for the wealthy are NOT effective. Taxes on those who practice greed should be raised.

3.Equality in Justice
This great nation was founded on liberty, but also, on equality. When the balance of justice is swayed in favor of those with wealth, the very fabric of this nation is torn apart. The decision of a judge should not be based upon the race, creed, or wealth of an individual, but rather, the content of the case.

4.The End of the Revolving Door
The Obama administration was supposed to bring change and hope to our country, but instead, brought us into despair and insecurity. Those working in his administration are the very people whom we are fighting against. Those who enter Washington should not be representatives of the elites, but representatives of the people. One cannot simply enter an administration, reap its benefits, and simply exit.

Is there any sort of premise to Occupy Wall Street other than to have a platform to voice grievances? The protest seems to loosely cite documentaries they've watched and try to spice up their cause by directly extracting those examples. Yeah wages are dropping, and it's a consequence of people wanting better things at a cheaper price (American-made goods don't come cheap, and if they do, they come with compromise).. which is why people who run companies look overseas to begin with. Taxes on the wealthy should be raised, but more importantly, cutbacks in military spending should be as well. Technically, they should also be at the Pentagon and White House doing this thing.

I trust Obama knows what he's doing.. he just doesn't have the power to do it alone, so he's sort of forced into playing politics with actions. We're talking about a system of checks and balances -- and you certainly can't expect reforms overnight if your congress hasn't changed.

http://waynesun.com

September 29, 2011 @ 02:33 PM
Canvas08

The people here care to much about all the wrong things that's the problem. In 18th century france or anywhere at that time, people would've fought and won already and these bankers and politicians would be sent to the guillotine. I believe in a capitalist society (people should be able to become rich) but this is not one. The government takes part in the economics, bails out banks and car companies, and misuse tax payer money when you have a college system that leaves young people with tens of thousands of dollars in debt. Bail out the college students instead of GM wtf ? Like I said the value system is off. People today care about what jennifer lopez wore on the red carpet, and Kim Kardashian wedding and the royal wedding and all that dumb shit that plays no part in bettering society or uplifting us at all.

that's what happens when you major in philosophy
September 29, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
Brooklyn_718

that's what happens when you major in philosophy

Lol... No that's what happens when banks give loans to minors. And when colleges take advantage of students.
September 29, 2011 @ 03:45 PM
DhA

If students couldn't get loans you'd complain that college was only for people who could pay up front. No pleasing some people.
September 29, 2011 @ 03:48 PM
Wavey_LenZ

If students couldn't get loans you'd complain that college was only for people who could pay up front. No pleasing some people.

Education should be free in the first place.
I can see myself writing a shitload of stuff in this thread tomorrow
September 29, 2011 @ 04:07 PM
Pretty Joseph

cool des anybody know an estimate on how much student loans would cost to bail out as opposed to how much banks or car companies got on the stimulus bill?

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

September 29, 2011 @ 04:07 PM
TR.eat

My brother goes to one of the best architectural schools in France, pays
September 29, 2011 @ 04:15 PM
Brooklyn_718

If students couldn't get loans colleges would be forced to lower their costs, which they could !... You obviously know nothing about the situation right now for you to say something like that. Students have been taken advantage of because their an easy target, they want to succeed, so they'll take tens of thousands to hundred thousand dollars of debt to get there. I'm not complaining about loans I'm complaining about the abuse of the system... Its greedy people shitting on people when were all suppose to be "Americans"

My brother goes to one of the best architectural schools in France, pays €300 for a year of school (books and all the rest included) and €300 for insurance (goes through the school when you are a student here).

College in NYC is what, around $40 or $50k a year?

Depends on your school of choice of course. Especially Schools that specialize in architecture private art schools cost a grip.. If you go to a city college it costs way less, but honestly it's not as cheap as it could be or should be. Professors don't even get paid well (they get paid horribly) unless their a professor in a law school or medicine that's about it, or if your some kind of famous scholar. University costs... forget about it.. Everyone else has got the picture except America.. Behind on so much because of straight Greed. If people are spending so much and diving right in debt to be productive citizens in America -to help the country move forward, there should be jobs at least...
October 1, 2011 @ 08:32 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

* Dat American dream...

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 1, 2011 @ 08:37 PM

Inactive

chopzz, don't you realize that this is a lost cause? the usa's system won't just change because of some aimless teenagers and tumblr revolutionaries with cardboard signs. those in power are doing whatever it takes to maintain the status quo. just sit back and watch the world burn because it's all hopeless.

in the end, none of this matters. not the money, not "democracy", not anything.
October 1, 2011 @ 08:50 PM
tmwtg

I admire the efforts, but it's not going to do shit.

I lol'd at the end because I'm going to be one of those dudes up there drinking champagne, whether I like it or not.
October 1, 2011 @ 09:03 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

Giving up? HA! do not underestimate the power of collective consciousness that thirsts for the changes, truth, and justice.

It has happened in the Middle East & North Africa so to think it's impossible is silly. Although I totally get your point.

Let see how far those top 1% can do against 99% of us because this is just a beginning.

Spreading the reality of truth itself is a revolutionary act. No matter how many people ignore or listen. It must go on.

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 1, 2011 @ 09:16 PM

Inactive

Giving up? HA! do not underestimate the power of collective consciousness that thirsts for the changes, truth, and justice.

It has happened in the Middle East & North Africa so to think it's impossible is silly. Although I totally get your point.

Let see how far those top 1% can do against 99% of us because this is just a beginning.

Spreading the reality of truth itself is a revolutionary act. No matter how many people ignore or listen. It must go on.

It doesn't matter who thirsts for what. Those born without wealth or innate talent end up suffering.

And mark my words, every single government that pops up as a result of the Arab Spring will be as corrupt as their predecessors unless there are major, major overhauls. And even then... I just hope the West doesn't try to prop up puppet governments because we all know how those situations end...

Chopzz, I think that this whole “fight the power” thing is very admirable. But I think that you and every tumblr revolutionary out there has a romanticized ideal of what revolution will look like, if it happens at all (which it won't, the more likely option is stifled reform). It won't be the oppressed and righteous underclass overthrowing the tyrannical and greedy overclass to cleanse the nation of it's hell. Don't idealize the poor and middle class, who are as greedy and covetous and thirsty as the wealthy. If things will get too bad, we'll just have a repeat of the Weather Underground--a group of white, middle class, educated people planting bombs everywhere but not accomplishing anything except costing the taxpayers millions of dollars in repair costs.

Chopzz, it doesn't matter who has the power. It doesn't matter if you're a communist or a fascist. If you have power, you will abuse it. Corruption will exist no matter what.

People can serenade their favourite anarchist blog with all the pretty words and calls to action they want, but do these protesters even know what they want?
October 1, 2011 @ 09:33 PM
ichigo81

it doesn't matter who thirsts for what. Those born without wealth or innate talent end up suffering.

And mark my words, every single government that pops up as a result of the arab spring will be as corrupt as their predecessors unless there are major, major overhauls. And even then... I just hope the west doesn't try to prop up puppet governments because we all know how those situations end...

Chopzz, i think that this whole
October 1, 2011 @ 10:01 PM
Constellations

It doesn't matter who thirsts for what. Those born without wealth or innate talent end up suffering.

And mark my words, every single government that pops up as a result of the Arab Spring will be as corrupt as their predecessors unless there are major, major overhauls. And even then... I just hope the West doesn't try to prop up puppet governments because we all know how those situations end...

Chopzz, I think that this whole “fight the power” thing is very admirable. But I think that you and every tumblr revolutionary out there has a romanticized ideal of what revolution will look like, if it happens at all (which it won't, the more likely option is stifled reform). It won't be the oppressed and righteous underclass overthrowing the tyrannical and greedy overclass to cleanse the nation of it's hell. Don't idealize the poor and middle class, who are as greedy and covetous and thirsty as the wealthy. If things will get too bad, we'll just have a repeat of the Weather Underground--a group of white, middle class, educated people planting bombs everywhere but not accomplishing anything except costing the taxpayers millions of dollars in repair costs.

Chopzz, it doesn't matter who has the power. It doesn't matter if you're a communist or a fascist. If you have power, you will abuse it. Corruption will exist no matter what.

People can serenade their favourite anarchist blog with all the pretty words and calls to action they want, but do these protesters even know what they want?

\X/

October 1, 2011 @ 10:09 PM
cous.

Waiting for the end of the world so I can fuck them up.
October 1, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

Inactive

Waiting for the end of the world so I can fuck them up.

why? if the world was going to end, all these rich people would realize that their money is worthless, that their bloated bank accounts can't stop them from dying like the rest of us. if anyone has beef with the wealthy, that should be enough. it's the ultimate truth, the most beautiful thing.

Please login first to reply.