Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 27, 2011 @ 11:40 AM
damnwitless2

suspended

so if you haven't heard, mad n!iggas have been protesting on Wall Street for almost two weeks now, not demanding anything in particular with no clearly defined leadership, just a whole bunch of young people pissed off at the establishment, n!iggas is even cliqued up wit Anonymous.

And now, the police have started beating on n!iggas (of course) and shit is getting crazy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UHsLccXQUY&feature=player_embedded

I really didn't think anything would come of this from the beginning because I figured that a whole bunch of pussy college kids wouldn't really be about it and would probably just give up after the ass whuppings started coming around, but something tells me that this is going to keep ballooning, into what, who knows.

Thoughts?

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

September 27, 2011 @ 11:43 AM
SantaDuJuan

Been considering going down there since I'm one stop away from Wall St.

But then again I'm hella lazy and hate crusties.
September 27, 2011 @ 11:58 AM
Wavey_LenZ

I've said it before and i'll say it again
police are the scum of the fucking earth, all of them, prison officers too.
September 27, 2011 @ 12:02 PM
SantaDuJuan

I've said it before and i'll say it again
police are the scum of the fucking earth, all of them, prison officers too.

Edgy, fight the system.
September 27, 2011 @ 12:03 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

lol yeah I'm sure most of those kids on Wall Street feel the same way. And I'm also sure the police know that which is why they were so happy to commence beating on n!iggas

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

September 27, 2011 @ 12:05 PM
Izuna

This whole thing is fucking dumb. I follow Anonymous's activities but lately they have been takings L's with their public image after that Lulzsec and AntiSec hacking shit. This anti-government thing is another big L for them.

Anonymous says they are for the people but hacking those websites and dumping thousands of peoples info and passwords to the public was not helping "the people" at all. Hacking into police sites and DDOSing the CIA sites to dump info was not cool at all either.

This occupy Wallstreet thing is just a bunch of dumb Hipsters hating on anything government related. I was disappointed when I saw Lupe Fiasco down there supporting that bullshit. If these people really want to make a difference they would go to school and study politics or some shit.

confused

I saw on Facebook they will be occupying Maine next. I still don't know wtf they are protesting for.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| http://soundcloud.com/izuna ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

September 27, 2011 @ 12:10 PM
Wavey_LenZ

If these people really want to make a difference they would go to school and study politics or some shit.

oh wow
September 27, 2011 @ 12:12 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

nah I definitely fuck wit Anonymous' new direction into politics. Cuz I mean, it's obviously a bunch of smart kids doing this shit and as opposed to just trolling forums why not just use that same energy and just troll all the old people who run the world and don't even know what trolling is?

September 27, 2011 @ 12:13 PM
Izuna

Better that than standing on the streets yelling like a Bum for an unattainable goal.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| http://soundcloud.com/izuna ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

September 27, 2011 @ 12:17 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

I mean, you say that, but almost every significant societal change started as a protest

September 27, 2011 @ 12:18 PM
CrackPipeLips

nah that was dope, i laughed to hard when that bitch was on the ground screaming about the pepper spray. cops just doin their job yo.
September 27, 2011 @ 12:20 PM
Wavey_LenZ

Better that than standing on the streets yelling like a Bum for an unattainable goal.

say nowt
September 27, 2011 @ 12:21 PM
Izuna

I mean, you say that, but almost every significant societal change started as a protest

I would be all for this protest if they had a clear Goal that could be accomplished. I have no idea what they are doing there or what they want. All I'm seeing is people yelling at cops for all kinds of different reasons and ending up getting into fights then posting the police on Facebook.

September 27, 2011 @ 12:21 PM
Ferris.Bueller

This whole thing is fucking dumb. I follow Anonymous's activities but lately they have been takings L's with their public image after that Lulzsec and AntiSec hacking shit. This anti-government thing is another big L for them.

Anonymous says they are for the people but hacking those websites and dumping thousands of peoples info and passwords to the public was not helping "the people" at all. Hacking into police sites and DDOSing the CIA sites to dump info was not cool at all either.

This occupy Wallstreet thing is just a bunch of dumb Hipsters hating on anything government related. I was disappointed when I saw Lupe Fiasco down there supporting that bullshit. If these people really want to make a difference they would go to school and study politics or some shit.

confused

I saw on Facebook they will be occupying Maine next. I still don't know wtf they are protesting for.

Awwwwwwwwwshiiiiiiiiit son. You dun goof'd
September 27, 2011 @ 12:27 PM
Izuna

Awwwwwwwwwshiiiiiiiiit son. You dun goof'd

I probably took frustration out too far lol. I'ma just delete that since everyone's catching strong feelings.

September 27, 2011 @ 12:28 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

I mean, the most important thing at this stage is just a show of force, let n!iggas know that this is a big enough issue to people that they're actually motivated to move on it. Concise goals and objectives can definitely be figured out as you go along but in the beginning it's mostly important just to show numbers. The cause is being helped just by all this increased exposure they've been getting in the press alone.

September 27, 2011 @ 12:30 PM
Izuna

this fag Izuna just has no idea what has happened to this country fiscally in the last 10 years or how protests work or how cops are supposed to do their jobs

I don't follow protests unless they spam my Facebook newsfeed.

I mean, the most important thing at this stage is just a show of force, let n!iggas know that this is a big enough issue to people that they're actually motivated to move on it. Concise goals and objectives can definitely be figured out as you go along but in the beginning it's mostly important just to show numbers. The cause is being helped just by all this increased exposure they've been getting in the press alone.

I feel you dude. Makes a lot more sense to me now.

But what is their goal? What will it take for them to say: "We won, let's go home now"?

September 27, 2011 @ 12:39 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

lol who knows? The only shit they've said they want is to inflict a societal change to like redistribute the wealth because the corporations are fucking shit up for the common man. And while EVERYBODY knows this and for the most part just accepts it, nevertheless here are people protesting something as broad and vague as "corporate greed". I just think that it's interesting that this shit is even getting to this level because originally I thought this was all a lot of bullshit too. But this shit is doing nothing but becoming more serious as word gets around, so I guess we'll just see...

September 27, 2011 @ 01:21 PM
Blunted at birth.

I'm surprised that people know what's happening to this country fiscally tbh. It's fucking rad that some people aren't drinking the kool aid anymore.
September 27, 2011 @ 02:30 PM
Quan292

I think its better that they are not pushing for once concrete goal. Maybe this way we con make structural societal changes that would be for the long run.
September 27, 2011 @ 02:56 PM

Inactive

lmao. anyone who thinks this 'occupy wall street' shit will actually go anywhere is delusional.

the most powerful people in your country aren't gonna listen to a bunch of pissed off kids.

it's just hopeless. no point in even trying.

and lol @ the ♥♥♥♥♥ who said protests ever accomplished anything. the only people who attend protests are self righteous people who think they're "making a difference".
September 27, 2011 @ 03:17 PM
Young Handsome

I never thought I would see something like this in my lifetime B, in Wallstreets of all places too I hope the hipster do get the job done doe
September 27, 2011 @ 03:27 PM
brosh

How the fuck is this an anti-government protest? They are occupying Wall Street, not Pennsylvania Ave. If anything, they're protesting the government's concession to Wall Street which means they want to government to flex and reign in on Wall Street's monopoly.
September 27, 2011 @ 03:31 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

lmao. anyone who thinks this 'occupy wall street' shit will actually go anywhere is delusional.

the most powerful people in your country aren't gonna listen to a bunch of pissed off kids.

and lol @ the ♥♥♥♥♥ who said protests ever accomplished anything. the only people who attend protests are self righteous people who think they're "making a difference".

The March on Washington - Civil Rights
Ghandi's peaceful protests - Liberation of India
The protests that turned into full fledged revolutions in Libya, Syria and Egypt.

yeah, protests never amount to anything

September 27, 2011 @ 03:35 PM
flow

The protests that turned into full fledged revolutions in Libya, Syria and Egypt.

what did 9/11 change in america?
September 27, 2011 @ 03:40 PM

Inactive

the only reason the civil rights movement was successful because the american government realized that the alternative to civil rights was the violence and separatism endorsed by people like malcolm x.

the revolution in libya is not peaceful. the syrian and egyptian uprisings haven't accomplished anything, and calling them "revolutions" is stretching it.

the only path to true revolution is violence
September 27, 2011 @ 03:40 PM
WojieWorldPeace

^ what? @ Flow

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 27, 2011 @ 03:46 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

what did 9/11 change in america?

I mean chiefly just the climate. Post 9/11 America is a very paranoid, polarized place. A lot of American culture of the post WWII-9/11 era was based around the idea that the problems of the world were the problems of the world but America transcended all of that with its money and nuclear weapons. But NOW, shit's crazy, and everything is based around this (perceived) vulnerability that the Ayrabs exposed and how to best defend against the forces of the world that are so obviously out to get us.

Not... that that really has much to do with the topic, but whatever

September 27, 2011 @ 03:48 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

the only path to true revolution is violence

duh. That's the point I'm making. Shit isn't going to happen until n!iggas are invested enough in the cause to actually be willing to sacrifice for it, and only time will tell if it comes to that with this. But it probably won't, n!iggas was lookin shook just from the police yolkin em up.

September 27, 2011 @ 04:19 PM
flow

^ what? @ Flow

I mean chiefly just the climate. Post 9/11 America is a very paranoid, polarized place. A lot of American culture of the post WWII-9/11 era was based around the idea that the problems of the world were the problems of the world but America transcended all of that with its money and nuclear weapons. But NOW, shit's crazy, and everything is based around this (perceived) vulnerability that the Ayrabs exposed and how to best defend against the forces of the world that are so obviously out to get us.

Not... that that really has much to do with the topic, but whatever

9/11 was just a protest (and with its 5000 deaths the strongest i experienced) from the islamic part of the world that there are other things than the commercial bullshit the us is living for... and all america does is "stick stronger together against terrorism" and not trying to understand the lack of balance in the world BECAUSE of this capitalistic bullshit

just sayin since you were talking about forms to protest

seems to me like in the end:

Please login first to reply.