Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
September 22, 2011 @ 11:05 PM
KidGhost

I've been thinking about trying it.

kidghost.net

September 23, 2011 @ 12:03 AM
Gutts

MPC 1000 holmes.
September 23, 2011 @ 12:38 AM
WojieWorldPeace

I'm probably getting one in a month or so

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 23, 2011 @ 01:50 AM
tunnelno5

just because it lights up doesn't mean you make solid beats. hardware guy for life MPC

http://tunnelno5.bandcamp.com http://tunnelno5.tumblr.com http://www.youtube.com/user/TUNNELNO5beats/videos http://twitter.com/tunnelno5

September 23, 2011 @ 01:54 AM
buffaloclone

howmuch are these going for now?

http://traptraptrappin.tumblr.com/ i follow back

September 23, 2011 @ 02:13 AM
Kayv

Try different models of MPC's, Maschine, various software with MIDI controllers. Pick whichever one you like the most and buy that. Try before you buy.
September 23, 2011 @ 06:50 AM
Kwyjibo

they are great. also if you're a student, get the educational version because you save about 100-200 dollars. mpc is great but if you don't already have turntable+records or mixer you'll have to be prepared to spend money on them. maschine suits so much better me because i work a lot on computer so it's faster to just sample and mix straight from the computer.

I've gone out the window

September 23, 2011 @ 06:56 AM
DeWale2

Yeah I got it, fucking dope - dunno how I got on without it. Maschine is the first hardware I've tried and it's really resonating well with me.

Agree with post above me pretty much.
September 23, 2011 @ 09:10 AM
Gilly Suits

I produce and my girlfriend's brother uses it, he loves it. He uses it with Protools and now Logic since he recently switched. Personally ever since he got it I haven't seen him do a drum track without it.

Culective.com //

September 23, 2011 @ 09:50 AM
silent AlaRM

If I wasn't so broke I would have one of these already. I read nothing but great reviews on them though, do your research and compare.
September 23, 2011 @ 10:06 AM
Dental Plan

man its 2011, the fuck you think of doing with a damn groovebox?

unless you think of using it at live shows, forget about it.

dont buy something u dont need.

mpc, maschine,,, all a waste of money
only beginners waste their money on equipment that LOOKS COOL and they think PROFESSIONALS USE
its 2011 man.. i thought people knew..
September 23, 2011 @ 10:16 AM
CONQ

^ thats not true at all

maschine is dope, especially since its software based and native instruments is constantly working on releasing (free) upgrades that fix issues and add things that consumers say they want
September 23, 2011 @ 10:17 AM
Dental Plan

^give me one thing that you can do with maschine and I cant do with software
September 23, 2011 @ 10:36 AM
CONQ

its called creative workflow.. if i can do something faster with the maschine then i can with a mouse/keyboard then its worth getting the maschine

thats like saying, why have a car when i can get anywhere i want with my feet
September 23, 2011 @ 10:42 AM
Dental Plan

so why dont you just get a midi controller then?
September 23, 2011 @ 10:43 AM
Gilly Suits

No click human groove, I do everything with mouse clicks and grooves too as I understand things by formats but unless you really do a lot of tweaking with shuffles and grooves enough to have that automatic perfect one sometimes tapping it out yourself is better.

Culective.com //

September 23, 2011 @ 10:45 AM
Mo Helio

^give me one thing that you can do with maschine and I cant do with software

It's not about whether you can do something without Maschine or not. It's whether it increases productivity or makes things more effient.

Next time you go to the doctor for some surgery or some shit tell them ♥♥♥♥♥s to use old school blunt knives to cut you open. Cause even though they got the technology to make it more efficent and easy, fuck that right?
September 23, 2011 @ 10:46 AM
Dental Plan

yeah but youre really paying 500 dollars just so you can tap some fucking pads?
just get a korg nano, its the same thing without all the extra crap that you'll never use
September 23, 2011 @ 10:54 AM
Gilly Suits

Maschine comes with tons of samples, it has a good workflow for those coming from an MPC background, and NI quality. Korg Nano well the first series had a track record for breaking. I have heard the new ones have better builds but still. Also the pads are smaller a big deal to lots of people. Less functions that Maschine without a program. Sometimes you only have a drum track in your head which is where Maschine comes in can be opened standalone fairly quick. I don't see why you tell people they will next use something just because you won't. It's like the chronic argument that one DAW is better than the other when it all depends on the person and their workflow.

Culective.com //

September 23, 2011 @ 12:50 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

yeah Maschine is honestly mad goodie. We was choppin up joints on that shit like it was nothing, and I used to have an MPC so I was used to the functionality of that shit, and maschine works basically the same way but with more emphasis on the software side. If you're trying to go for like really crazy drum patterns or synths or whatever there's definitely better software for that but in terms of just chopping up samples and laying down beats the Maschine is definitely that shit.

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

September 23, 2011 @ 05:05 PM
sneakazoid

i tried the maschine. its a beast. im not that familiar with Ableton tho but if you're good with it i definately recommend it.
September 23, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
Emperor Bohe

it's all about the mpd26....whaat what

with that said, I wouldn't mind trying out the Maschine at least once in my life

I make beats: http://www.emperorbohe.com https://soundcloud.com/emperor-bohe

September 23, 2011 @ 07:35 PM
Crucial01

I dabble in beat making for fun and I find the maschine is really fun and simple to use...combine that ish with Komplete and you got yourself a pretty damn powerful setup that will do pretty much all you need. Not saying it is better or worse then other set ups but it works for me and it has a little bit of both worlds...captures that mpc feel and combines it with the software side of things. Here are some beats I have made with it if you wanna check it out soundcloud.com/crucial1
September 23, 2011 @ 08:14 PM
Molly Wopp

It's a pretty solid piece. Quick and easy to use.
September 23, 2011 @ 08:51 PM
DOUGDoesMusic

I use a M-Audio Axiom Keyboard. 49 keys. I use Kontakt/SampleTank/And EXS instruments with Logic. Personally, I think the maschine is hype. But, I can't argue that it will allow to work a split second faster than me. When it comes down to it, it's about what the fuck you create.

For live purposes, I think the Maschine might be worth it, as is that massive Ableton controller. But for producing tracks, save your money, buy some new records you've never heard before, get inspired, and make some shit.
September 24, 2011 @ 04:42 AM
ChriSxJetson

coppin mine in about a month.....student loans ;)

dirt

September 24, 2011 @ 11:45 AM
AREK

a buddy of mine has a maschine and its pretty fucking awesome
September 24, 2011 @ 01:20 PM
KidGhost

Alright, I've read everything here. Now what if I said it'd be my first MPC style interface and I currently use Ableton?

kidghost.net

September 24, 2011 @ 10:59 PM
Theseventhletter

A lot of you guys really don't know what you're talking about. A korg nanopad is a piece of shit, only good if you're a DJ who uses it to control cue points or set loop start/end points. Plus they're known to fall apart easily. If you're interested in getting a a maschine try it before you buy it, try it with your DAW of choice and see if you like it. Check out competitors products, MPD 32, APC 40, etc. Watch demos of said products and go with what suits your style and skill level. Don't listen to people who can't bang out a beat because obviously their opinions dont apply to your question.
December 6, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
beenyce

Just ordered the MK1 before they all sell out cool. MK2 just didnt seem worth it to me. Anyone still using maschine? I just got so fucking bored with Fl studio i had to change it up

Please login first to reply.