Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 16, 2011 @ 10:21 PM

Inactive

what province are you in?

on
September 16, 2011 @ 11:19 PM
The Fiasco

I go to a D1 university and pay like 1500 a year. Being dirt poor ain't all that bad. There's always money for college if you know where to look.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

September 16, 2011 @ 11:34 PM
3lite

First of all OP, you should first focus on maturing. Who gives a fuck who you see where you go, you go to take care of your business not to be seen or see other people. Maybe that is why you are heading to CC in the first place.

And secondly, I've seen some nasty mofo's that come from CC's... just know that not everyone goes to CC for the same reasons. A lot of them go there because it is easy and want to just relax their first two years before they go into beast mode at University level (depending on the major anyways)
September 17, 2011 @ 09:57 AM
KevBd

on

*sorry if this has been discussed earlier in the thread*

what are you looking to take?

two of em x hs shit

September 17, 2011 @ 11:28 AM
JayLovesPinays

inb4 claires too old and in cc for too fuckin long. FUCKYOU ♥♥♥♥♥s, i'm poor.. tryina get as much classes as i can before i leave this place

You know there's a limit to how many hours you can transfer?
September 17, 2011 @ 11:45 AM
missy.

yea i know.... haha. but cuz i wanted to transfer to a private school, not a state school anymore, the required class list kinda changed so i have to take extra shit :c

the state school, obviously, can take whatever ge shit you take but the private school is an art school so i have to take art related ge shit. >:[

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

September 17, 2011 @ 11:48 AM
Principal Buttsavage

CC ain't that bad man. Yeah it sucks you can't go to a university already, but i know kids that actually chose to go to cc and transfer because like others said its cheaper and you save more money in the long run. Also look at it as a second chance to get into a better school.I transferred from a cc in Memphis and I'm at UCSD right now and looking from just looking out my window man, going to a cc was definitely worth it.

community college sucks, but you save a ton of money and it's easier to transfer into a great school. don't even trip. i did CC, now i'm at UCSD, which i definitely wouldn't have gotten into out of HS without at least a 3.8 GPA

You at the village?
September 17, 2011 @ 12:01 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

CC niccas......

September 17, 2011 @ 12:17 PM
Bubbs619

I was originally supposed to go to SFSU this fall. FAFSA wasn't throwing me any type of bone and they gave me 12,000 the first semester and 12,000 the second IN LOANS. With that being said, I decided to stay home and go to a local cc. It kinda sucks compared to what I imagine a university to be like. FAFSA once again didnt fuck with me so I had to pay for my school which came out to about $1,000. WAAAAY better than being in debt
September 17, 2011 @ 01:42 PM
hools

i was in a similar situation to yours, to answer your questions i can only talk about my experience and if you want answers for yourself i suggest you go out and figure it out.

1)yes you do see some people from highschool, but in my county there are alot of CC's so everyones pretty spread out, however it does benefit you because you can easily set up study groups/college friends and further network through college.

2) going to community college is a blessing in disguise, yes you dont get the full college experience but you save a butt ass amount of money. if you do well in a CC in california atleast you can pretty much transfer anywhere.

3) money. if your familys well off you wont get any kind of financial help, if your dirt poor apply for fafsa in january and submit it, you will make money going to community college. yes make money. save some of it if you can. i hope you dont go spending it all on supreme.

some advice
College is what you make it really, just bc you dont go to a university doesnt mean you have less opportunity to be successful, its really up to you. since you got shitty grades in hs i earnestly warn you to get your shit together before you go to college. its easy to get lost in a CC. Gl Hf.

this. college, along with anything else, is what you make it

just a tip that hasn't been mentioned: stay on top of EVERYTHING. you won't have your guidance counselor signing you up for your classes or reminding you when financial aid is due. know your class registration dates and keep your financial aid shit up to date. good luck nig, get dat edumacation.
September 17, 2011 @ 04:05 PM
@abgohard1

the college life is the biggest scam
September 17, 2011 @ 04:53 PM
jtangtwenty3

I go to a D1 university and pay like 1500 a year. Being dirt poor ain't all that bad. There's always money for college if you know where to look.

this, you can almost always find money. and i thought colleges were cheap in canada. i would think a uni in canada might be like 15,000 a year tuition, if youre not goin because thats too expensive then you dont understand the concept of college.
September 17, 2011 @ 08:40 PM

Inactive

You just been yellin' at people like you did in shoutbox for the last 4 years b?

sad

generally speaking, how much cheaper is cc than university?
September 17, 2011 @ 08:50 PM
KevBd

sad

generally speaking, how much cheaper is cc than university?

in ontario it's not a huuuuge difference per year, but with university you've got at least 4 years. at a college you've got 2 or 3.

two of em x hs shit

September 17, 2011 @ 08:53 PM

Inactive

in ontario it's not a huuuuge difference per year, but with university you've got at least 4 years. at a college you've got 2 or 3.

ohlol that suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
September 17, 2011 @ 09:05 PM
KevBd

ohlol that suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

with these ontario schools it all depends on what you're going to take though.

sometimes it's better to go to conestoga or whatever than it is to get a degree.

two of em x hs shit

September 17, 2011 @ 09:19 PM

Inactive

can someone explain transfer programs in depth?
September 17, 2011 @ 10:37 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

dude just talk to your counselor.

people go to CC to TRANSFER to uni. transfer program is just getting you ready to transfer by taking certain classes

you better know what you wanna major in ASAP or your just gonna waste a bunch of money and time on classes you dont need
September 17, 2011 @ 11:37 PM
Trill Murray

Bro, you have to know where you wanna transfer to asap. Otherwise you're wastig time & money, trust me. The only way to find out is to talk to your advisor.

trillmurrayy.tumblr.com

September 18, 2011 @ 12:13 AM
shhh

It's annoying as fuck when somebody moves 300+ miles to go to CC. Desperate ass ♥♥♥♥♥s trying to move to big cities and shit lol.
September 18, 2011 @ 01:18 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

It's annoying as fuck when somebody moves 300+ miles to go to CC. Desperate ass ♥♥♥♥♥s trying to move to big cities and shit lol.

forreal wtf lol
September 18, 2011 @ 01:38 AM
northwest

apply to some 4 year unis anyway if you havent alraedy. dont settle with CC without aiming higher. if you end up at CC, just get your AA (or whatever the equiv is in Canada) then transfer to a good 4 year uni.... that's all you need to do.
September 18, 2011 @ 01:47 AM
MrImFukNSleepN

Yo ain'tchu got 80+ units completed just at a CC? Don't listen to Claire, her words gon' take you down a path of regret, wasted time, and pinoids.

Lmfao.

CC niccas......

-dead
September 18, 2011 @ 05:13 PM

Inactive

So what community prgrams in general are good?
September 18, 2011 @ 05:21 PM
KevBd

So what community prgrams in general are good?

things may be totally different here (ontario) than in the states, so a lot of the stuff these guys are saying may not apply just because of the location difference.

my advice would be to figure out what you want to do/take before anything. if you're unsure, take business. a two year psychology diploma isn't going to get you shit.

in ontario, most programs at college qualify you (if your marks are good enough) for advanced placement at a university. this means that you can take your two or three year diploma, then if you still feel you want to learn more you can apply for advanced placement at a university in the same program and only have to do the last two years of the degree. i was going to do this with business marketing.

if you go that route you save money, get the advantage of having a diploma AND a degree (which employers like), and it's still 4 years of your time (or 5 if we're talking an 'advanced diploma').

you feel me?

two of em x hs shit

September 18, 2011 @ 05:22 PM

Inactive

things may be totally different here (ontario) than in the states, so a lot of the stuff these guys are saying may not apply just because of the location difference.

my advice would be to figure out what you want to do/take before anything. if you're unsure, take business. a two year psychology diploma isn't going to get you shit.

in ontario, most programs at college qualify you (if your marks are good enough) for advanced placement at a university. this means that you can take your two or three year diploma, then if you still feel you want to learn more you can apply for advanced placement at a university in the same program and only have to do the last two years of the degree. i was going to do this with business marketing.

if you go that route you save money, get the advantage of having a diploma AND a degree (which employers like), and it's still 4 years of your time (or 5 if we're talking an 'advanced diploma').

you feel me?

so in order to transfer from a college, i'd have to do my 2 year diploma, and then transfer?
September 18, 2011 @ 05:24 PM

Inactive

lol i feel like such an idiot for fucking up so bad in hs now asdfjnaweo;gn

other than business, what is there to study in college?
September 18, 2011 @ 05:26 PM
KevBd

depending on the course.

let's say you wanted to take business. but weren't sure you wanted to do college or university.

you go to college and complete a two year basic business diploma. if you wanted to apply at a university, those two years at college negate the first two years at university, so they start you off in 3rd year.

another thing that's superior about this method is that if after the two year diploma you get a job offer that you're happy with you don't HAVE to go back for those next two years, you have a diploma, you take the job and get on with your life.

edit: you deleted your comment from before.

just go on the ontario colleges website. there's a very long list of all the different programs that all the different colleges offer. but be warned, don't go take something just for the sake of going to school.

two of em x hs shit

September 18, 2011 @ 07:47 PM
bonemarrow

loan=death

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

September 18, 2011 @ 08:37 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

lol i feel like such an idiot for fucking up so bad in hs now asdfjnaweo;gn

other than business, what is there to study in college?

holy shit.....just quit..

if i were u , i wouldn't even go to school just spend those years working.

Please login first to reply.