September 12, 2011 @ 11:44 PM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

Obviously, there is a culture and an ascribed ethnicity to being Hispanic/Latino but I'm talking strictly about race here. For example, I think of my ethnicity as Mexican American but I think of my race as mixed(Native and White European). Hispanic can also include those with African ancestors as seen in Cubans and Dominicans. There's also those that are pure native blood that some still consider Hispanic, but that's kind of a grey area...well,this all is but you know.

Do you guys out there think of yourselves as mixed racially or do you consider yourselves a third unique race?
September 12, 2011 @ 11:49 PM
Tonyreyes

mixed racially, since I'm actually mixed racially. Black/Mexican
September 12, 2011 @ 11:52 PM
ELKO.

Both of my parents are Brazilian, however if I was to trace back some generations then I will find that my ancestors are from Angola and Italy.
What would I be?
September 12, 2011 @ 11:56 PM
Beach2theBay

Hispanics are definitely a mixed race. There are latinos who look white, latinos who look asian, and latinos who look black. Scientifically there are only 3 race classes: Caucasoid (white), Negroid (black), and Mongoloid (asian). Hispanics are all a mix of Mongoloid (because asians crossed the Bering Strait and settled in North and South America ie Native Americans, Mayans, Incas, etc) and another depending on region.
September 12, 2011 @ 11:58 PM
Youth In Asia

I only say Dominican when I feel like being more specific or I'm talking to some idiot that won't take Hispanic for an answer.

FPM - MUCKFATH

September 12, 2011 @ 11:59 PM
ELKO.

Hispanics are definitely a mixed race. There are latinos who look white, latinos who look asian, and latinos who look black. Scientifically there are only 3 race classes: Caucasoid (white), Negroid (black), and Mongoloid (asian). Hispanics are all a mix of Mongoloid (because asians crossed the Bering Strait and settled in North and South America ie Native Americans, Mayans, Incas, etc) and another depending on region.

Well then I'm a mix of White and Negroid.
Whoa, that sounds weird haha.
September 13, 2011 @ 12:01 AM
alberto.1989

native american/european
September 13, 2011 @ 12:01 AM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

I don't know man. Brazil isn't generally considered a Hispanic country because it was a Portuguese conquest instead of a Spanish one. Other people would disagree though. Had a sociology professor claim he was Hispanic based on Portuguese heritage.

It's vague as fuck who is and who isn't Latino or Hispanic. Ex: there are people like you who have ancestry from places other than Spain but there family has lived in Mexico for generations. If they came over to the United States people would consider them "White Hispanic". That means that it's more of a cultural thing than a racial one.

However, you could also have a Hispanic family adopt an Anglo kid, raise them as their own from infancy. The kid learns Spanish and all of the other cultural markers but would they be Hispanic?
September 13, 2011 @ 12:04 AM
brannen

When I worked at KFC, I asked all of my 20-30-year-old Hispanic coworkers why they worked there and why they wouldn't get an education and pursue better opportunities. Their response was, "because I'm Mexican." -_-
September 13, 2011 @ 12:05 AM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

Spaniards are Hispanic though, and they might not be mixed.

Unless the distinction "Latino" implies mixed race and Hispanic doesn't?
September 13, 2011 @ 12:07 AM
Beach2theBay

Yeah nationality and race get blurred a lot. My friend's friend looks white as fuck. No one would guess he was mexican if he didn't tell you. He obviously have more european genes than other mexicans. Also, no one really has the exact same gene mix even in the same family. Some family members will get recessive european genes that make them look more white than their siblings.
September 13, 2011 @ 12:12 AM
FORTE ASHLEY OLSEN

^ That's my family to a tee. My mom is more mixed, but my dad's family comes from a region of Mexico that saw a lot less interbreeding than most parts. No one can tell he's Hispanic or really anyone from his side of the family by looking at them. I have uncles with green and blue eyes.
September 13, 2011 @ 12:15 AM
ELKO.

I don't know man. Brazil isn't generally considered a Hispanic country because it was a Portuguese conquest instead of a Spanish one. Other people would disagree though. Had a sociology professor claim he was Hispanic based on Portuguese heritage.

It's vague as fuck who is and who isn't Latino or Hispanic. Ex: there are people like you who have ancestry from places other than Spain but there family has lived in Mexico for generations. If they came over to the United States people would consider them "White Hispanic". That means that it's more of a cultural thing than a racial one.

Yeah I had a friend claim he was Hispanic and he was Portuguese. Some might state that Spain and Portugal are the parents of Latin America so Portugal has the exception of being Hispanic?

Yeah nationality and race get blurred a lot. My friend's friend looks white as fuck. No one would guess he was mexican if he didn't tell you. He obviously have more european genes than other mexicans. Also, no one really has the exact same gene mix even in the same family. Some family members will get recessive european genes that make them look more white than their siblings.

This is me. When I ask people to guess my nationality these are the most common ones I get:
[LIST]
[*]Lebanese
[*]Turkish
[*]Greek
[*]Italian
[/LIST]

And my siblings are fairly darker than I am and have hints of 'Negroid' from our Angolan great grandparents, but I came out European looking.
September 13, 2011 @ 12:22 AM
Pretty Joseph

what i wanna know.... is it in the genes to park cars on the front lawn?

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

September 13, 2011 @ 01:39 AM
Juki

You are whatever you look like that usually reflects your roots.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

September 13, 2011 @ 08:18 PM
mr mcgibblets

When I worked at KFC, I asked all of my 20-30-year-old Hispanic coworkers why they worked there and why they wouldn't get an education and pursue better opportunities. Their response was, "because I'm Mexican." -_-

lol
September 13, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
diebarbie

Both of my parents are Brazilian, however if I was to trace back some generations then I will find that my ancestors are from Angola and Italy.
What would I be?

Brappp
September 13, 2011 @ 09:28 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

Hahahaha
September 13, 2011 @ 09:29 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

What would I be?

A churro.
September 13, 2011 @ 09:38 PM
JayLovesPinays

I'm not Hispanic, but I just came to say Mexican girls in Mexico are so much hotter than Mexican-Americans.

Damn shame.
September 13, 2011 @ 09:58 PM
playboyxxx

im black white and hispanic so i dont know what the fuck to classify myself as

pink like hamilton

September 13, 2011 @ 10:02 PM
DonPedro

I'm not Hispanic, but I just came to say Mexican girls in Mexico are so much hotter than Mexican-Americans.

Damn shame.

this

oh and i tell everyone im white. fuck being associated with wetbacks.
September 13, 2011 @ 10:03 PM
murklur

if you have a spanish last name, you're hispanic in my book no matter what the color of your skin is!
September 13, 2011 @ 10:05 PM
murklur

^ That's my family to a tee. My mom is more mixed, but my dad's family comes from a region of Mexico that saw a lot less interbreeding than most parts. No one can tell he's Hispanic or really anyone from his side of the family by looking at them. I have uncles with green and blue eyes.

my dad's mexican and that ♥♥♥♥♥ is white!

i'm dark though cause i'm polynesian. martian muhfucka
September 13, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Obviously, there is a culture and an ascribed ethnicity to being Hispanic/Latino but I'm talking strictly about race here. For example, I think of my ethnicity as Mexican American but I think of my race as mixed(Native and White European). Hispanic can also include those with African ancestors as seen in Cubans and Dominicans. There's also those that are pure native blood that some still consider Hispanic, but that's kind of a grey area...well,this all is but you know.

Do you guys out there think of yourselves as mixed racially or do you consider yourselves a third unique race?

I'm Puerto Rican. I see myself as mixed. I look more italian than anything else, but my moms looks pure white...my dad looks like he's from sri lanka, my grandfather looks like a mullato black dude, my grandmother looks chinese, I have two cousins that look irish (no BS, green eyes, red hair, freckles) and uncle that looks straight black, another that looks arab....So I see myself as a mix of everything.
September 13, 2011 @ 10:36 PM
SimplyJon

At the end of the day I consider myself american
September 13, 2011 @ 10:37 PM
DarianaGrande

this

I hate those type of Mexicans so much. Not wetbacks but the ones who claim that their white.

http://soundcloud.com/anonymousnigger

September 14, 2011 @ 12:13 AM
JCrewkid

Just say you're Mexican, ♥♥♥♥♥. Stop trying to be sophisticated.
September 14, 2011 @ 11:07 AM
DStyles

Aztec

really though

Mexican race>any other hispanic race

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

September 14, 2011 @ 11:14 AM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Spaniards are Hispanic though, and they might not be mixed.

Unless the distinction "Latino" implies mixed race and Hispanic doesn't?

Really? I always considered spaniared to be european. Guess I'm wrong?

Damn shame.

Truth.com

this

SMFH.

Please login first to reply.