Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 13, 2011 @ 03:07 AM
gnar

0_o 1) calm the fuck down clown. You have an irrelevant argument that's childish and meritless so stfu...you literally can't explain the human eye...and then you bring popeyes into the argument?? Sit the fuck down...

Secondly the human eye unexplained by science...means there's no current explanation as to how it came to be, operate, or function from an evolutionary standpoint, hence it's a phenomenon within itself...and to question why God didn't make it the way you think the eye "should" have been made doesn't prove God doesn't exist, it means your opinion about what "should have been" is irrelevant...God runs this...you're just a byproduct of his imagination...

if you disagree, cool...no problem because no one can be certain...so to each their own...I'm just contributing an opinion as a biochemist, trained to believe in Darwins evolution theory, yet scientifically being told the eyeball is an exception to the evolution theory...hence something must explain it's origin and inherent capability...and no one can, therefore, faith aside...even as a biochemist I find flaw in the evolution argument, thus strengthening my belief that there is in fact something supernatural responsible for Life and everything encompassed by it.

So full loss. smh.
September 13, 2011 @ 07:15 AM
kiIogram

darwins evolution has always been shady because of the fact that evolution takes a very very long time to happen. supposedly apes turned into humans in just a few thousand years. this means losing all that monkey hair and becoming very intelligent in just a few thousand years. a few thousand years in evolution time is like overnight. that shit not right. thats why people still trying to find this missing link between humans and apes. get em. this doesn't mean that a divine being was the cause of this though. but its possible that something else happened that wasn't evolution.

i dunno, but its interesting shit to think about sometimes.

someone needs to do some fact checking.

The first primates appeared 65-85 million years ago.

Great Apes speciated from gibbons 15 million years ago.

Earliest fossil evidence for Homo Sapiens 200,000 years ago.

Don't take my word for it though, look it up yourself and make sure it makes sense to you. But don't go off on things you don't know about.

|||||||||||||\|||||||||||||||||I|/

September 13, 2011 @ 08:43 AM
goldANDsacks

If God Existed (He revealed himself to the world) and all the atheist knew, would you want to believe and have faith in God?
Also, would you follow the Bible?

Or would you still not care?

the real question is what would God have to do to prove his existence? even if some guy came up and was like "yeah, im God", wouldn't people think he's just some crazy guy? if he did some Godlike shit and made it rain (literally) or turned a person into a unicorn, wouldn't people think it's some hoax. or somehow explainable through science?

then again what is science? is science really an explanation "how the world works", or is it just a way of stating something that we really can't comprehend? all sciences are based on core assumptions people long ago made on something they saw happening and decided that's how it must be. 1,000 years ago it was scientific fact that the world was flat and the atom was the smallest particle. then people noticed otherwise, and scientific fact was rewritten. what's to prevent everything that we know as science being changed in another 1,000 years when we notice new shit that can't be explained by what's already known?

so even if it's proven that this guy had turned a person into a unicorn, wouldn't the means of how he did it just become some new science?

anyways, the whole definition of faith is that you choose to believe in something without being able to prove it. thus the concept of "God" and "faith in God" by definition is unprovable.

so i guess i dont get the original question.
September 13, 2011 @ 08:52 AM
HigherLearning

Who the hell is telling you there's no scientific explanation for the eyeball? If you're stuck believing that evolution is just "Darwin's Theory", then I really can't believe you're a biochemist.

I never said evolution was just Darwin's Theory...and I don't mind you not believing I'm a biochemist...you don't even believe in God...|0

And to Popeyes...I'm good, I had some last night cool
September 13, 2011 @ 09:11 AM
kiIogram

trained to believe in Darwins evolution theory, yet scientifically being told the eyeball is an exception to the evolution theory...

So... do you still think there's no scientific explanation for the eyeball arising out of natural selection?

September 13, 2011 @ 09:23 AM
SantaDuJuan

I can't believe yall ♥♥♥♥♥s even post in these threads.
Anyone with some type of college education believes in evolution, Biology as a whole is built on it.

I can't stand when ♥♥♥♥♥s try to say because something's a theory that scientists and the general public shouldn't believe in it.
Gravity is a theory, yet Physics as a whole is built on laws based on it that very fucking theory.
September 13, 2011 @ 09:38 AM
HigherLearning

So... do you still think there's no scientific explanation for the eyeball arising out of natural selection?

There is but it's all debatable...it's still a mystery...and so what I'm saying is although being taught these theories...there are still missing links...adversely how people analyze the bible and claim missing links, and because of those missing links you choose not to believe.

And all of science is widely based on the theory, that the Big Bang actually occurred...so a theory based on a theory, leading to other theories...is |0 And a theory is essentially our "best guess" at what's happening, not proof of what's happened. Hence to believe in scientific theories is to believe in a highly educated guess...What makes that so much better than believing in God??

The difference is...to believe science...you want proof, and if you can't have proof, you want an explanation that best describes why things are the way they are. To believe in God...all one needs is faith...and I have that...so we can agree to disagree...as I respect your opinion not to believe in God, as you should respect my stance on God.

smile
September 13, 2011 @ 09:45 AM
kiIogram

There is but it's all debatable...it's still a mystery...and so what I'm saying is although being taught these theories...there are still missing links...adversely how people analyze the bible and claim missing links, and because of those missing links you choose not to believe.

And all of science is widely based on the theory, that the Big Bang actually occurred...so a theory based on a theory, leading to other theories...is |0 And a theory is essentially our "best guess" at what's happening, not proof of what's happened. Hence to believe in scientific theories is to believe in a highly educated guess...What makes that so much better than believing in God??

The difference is...to believe science...you want proof, and if you can't have proof, you want an explanation that best describes why things are the way they are. To believe in God...all one needs is faith...and I have that...so we can agree to disagree...as I respect your opinion not to believe in God, as you should respect my stance on God.

smile

I never said anything about God, I don't know why you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I'm attacking you based on your beliefs. I think that's a major reason that religious people are not receptive or open to new ideas, because they immediately assume that they're being talked down to, and instantly put up a wall that assures that none of the ideas or concepts laid out in a conversation will be given much thought.

Also, you have a vastly different idea as to what constitutes a theory than the worldwide scientific community. A theory is not a "best guess". A scientific theory comprises a collection of concepts, including abstractions of observable phenomena expressed as quantifiable properties, together with rules (scientific laws) that express relationships between observations of such concepts. This means that it is the best possible explanation for observable phenomena that we have come up with, given 1000s of years of testing via the scientific method.

Aaaand we're back to discussing the Big Bang Theory, which has nothing to do with evolution.

September 13, 2011 @ 09:53 AM
backson

To believe in God...all one needs is faith...

belief in god is faith based, but what is that faith based on? stories told in whatever religious book by whichever religious leader you follow?

do you 'faith believers' hold that the bible is actually god's word and not some man/woman interpretation of stories translated to a language where there are no direct word for word translations, passed down over time, reinterpreted, embellished, and even used for political gain?

i think there could have been more at work than evolution, but there's so much that we don't even know that we don't know, how do you even know where to begin or how to speculate what forces could have been at play... ? blind faith just seems to be an easy answer to the unknown. it's in man's nature to try and find an answer for everything. and when you can't find that answer...there's always blind faith aka god.
September 13, 2011 @ 09:58 AM
HigherLearning

I never said anything about God, I don't know why you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I'm attacking you based on your beliefs. I think that's a major reason that religious people are not receptive or open to new ideas, because they immediately assume that they're being talked down to, and instantly put up a wall that assures that none of the ideas or concepts laid out in a conversation will be given much thought.

Also, you have a vastly different idea as to what constitutes a theory than the worldwide scientific community. A theory is not a "best guess". A scientific theory comprises a collection of concepts, including abstractions of observable phenomena expressed as quantifiable properties, together with rules (scientific laws) that express relationships between observations of such concepts. This means that it is the best possible explanation for observable phenomena that we have come up with, given 1000s of years of testing via the scientific method.

Aaaand we're back to discussing the Big Bang Theory, which has nothing to do with evolution.

Big Bang has nothing to do with evolution??? suprised son...

Good job on the wikipedia copy and paste smile So I'll do one as well:

The theory of evolution, for example, is supported by a plethora of scientific evidence in the form of cosmological, geophysical and archaeological research data, to name just a few relevant fields. Scientists have not only traced the evolution of species through skeletal records, but the earth itself, our solar system, the stars and galaxies can be
September 13, 2011 @ 10:06 AM
epik1

imo having faith is different than believing in an religion.

Feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller- feedback/127448/

September 13, 2011 @ 10:24 AM
JayLovesPinays

"We don't know how it happened, so it must have been god."

Too many people think like this and it's crazy.
September 13, 2011 @ 10:59 AM
mmm_nene

someone needs to do some fact checking.

The first primates appeared 65-85 million years ago.

Great Apes speciated from gibbons 15 million years ago.

Earliest fossil evidence for Homo Sapiens 200,000 years ago.

Don't take my word for it though, look it up yourself and make sure it makes sense to you. But don't go off on things you don't know about.

the hell. ok. here. the first humans that looked like us originated about 200,000 years ago. then they became as smart as us and behaved like us (becoming pretty much modern humans) 50,000 years ago. thats a very very short time to evolve that much. basically, they went from dumbass primates into what we are today in a mere 150,000 years. that is why people are still trying to find this stupid ass Missing Link brodie. dudes are still trying to figure out why we are so much more successful than our ancestors.

this is me just watching a lot of history channel though. smile
September 14, 2011 @ 07:38 AM
WHS.

Evolution of the eye.

1. Light sensitive cells
2. Cup of light sensitive cells (able to determine which direction light is coming from)
3. Constriction of eye opening (focuses light more sharply, beginning of depth perception)
4. Lens (could have been formed by a membrane inflating with liquid, creating rounded transparent layer)

And that's how eyes evolved, over many many years.

I would post a link to an informative video, but I don't have enough posts.

i got you bro
www.wimp.com/eyeevolution/

what most believers use as an argument for creationism is based on the premise that everything that is today has to be what it is today. they can't accept the fact that this was all just chance, that nothing had to be the way it is. they're conceited in their thought that the earth in its present state has to be what it is.
September 14, 2011 @ 07:43 AM
WHS.

Evolution of the eye.

1. Light sensitive cells
2. Cup of light sensitive cells (able to determine which direction light is coming from)
3. Constriction of eye opening (focuses light more sharply, beginning of depth perception)
4. Lens (could have been formed by a membrane inflating with liquid, creating rounded transparent layer)

And that's how eyes evolved, over many many years.

I would post a link to an informative video, but I don't have enough posts.

i got you bro
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEUANN9wsk
edited for youtube link of video

what most believers use as an argument for creationism is based on the premise that everything that is, has to be the way it is today. they can't accept the fact that this was all just chance. they're conceited in their thought that the earth in its present state is the only outcome. that this was all put here for us, putting unnecessary importance on their life. when in reality we're not more important than anything else on this planet or universe for that matter.
September 14, 2011 @ 07:53 AM
JayLovesPinays

Everytime I have prayed for something, its always worked out.

Correlation does not imply causation. Don't they teach you people anything in Canada?
September 14, 2011 @ 07:56 AM
JayLovesPinays

Everytime I have prayed for something, its always worked out.

Correlation does not imply causation. Don't they teach you people anything in Canada?
September 14, 2011 @ 11:03 AM
farcus

I would if he showed himself, if not not... So far Science > God as far as I can tell but don't get me wrong on the social aspect of God though. Whether there is a God or not, it act as a tranquilizer for society and in that aspect I think its needed.
September 14, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

It's not about teaching, nor did I directly correlate the two; however that is my belief and you should respect that. Im not into the whole Darwin evolution thing and Im not big on religion either. This is stricly my personal relationship with God.
September 14, 2011 @ 03:35 PM
Paruhdice

ITS KINDA LIKE>.. how you know people where what they want to wear.. and you know how like... people eat what the fuck they want to eat.. welll i think its perfectly natural for people to believe in what the fuck they want to believe in .. I mean like really though... IMAGINE if the whole world just didn't give a fuck what the next man was BELIEVING IN.. but was purely focussed on what he himself believed in.. oh what a wonderful place that is...

http://www.kannabinoyd.com Cannabis Heals and so do Pills, but One of the Two never Kills.

Please login first to reply.