Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 10, 2011 @ 08:56 PM
JayLovesPinays

how are you guys so sure? nothing in science disproves the existence of a creator. yes, aspects of the bible or other big religions, but not god all together.

People who argue certainty of an existence or nonexistence in a higher being are foolish. Just as there's no proof that there isn't a god(s), there's equally no proof that there is one. It's really up to the individual to decide which side of the fence he/she is on and how easily you allow yourself to be convinced by everyday happenings.

Bravest ♥♥♥♥♥ in the world up in dis

It has nothing to do with "bravery," it's simply rejection of a concept.
September 10, 2011 @ 09:18 PM
jtangtwenty3

People who argue certainty of an existence or nonexistence in a higher being is foolish. Just as there's no proof that there isn't a god(s), there's equally no proof that there is one. It's really up to the individual to decide which side of the fence he/she is on and how easily you allow yourself to be convinced by everyday happenings.

i agree
September 10, 2011 @ 09:23 PM
Axraexl

Naw, ♥♥♥♥♥ dont be modest
Praise will be given when praise is.....
Let me stop

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

September 10, 2011 @ 10:50 PM
BDKHOE

r u fucking wit me, i shouldnt hav to prove that something duznt exist
September 10, 2011 @ 11:00 PM
Freddie Benson

People who argue certainty of an existence or nonexistence in a higher being are foolish. Just as there's no proof that there isn't a god(s), there's equally no proof that there is one. It's really up to the individual to decide which side of the fence he/she is on and how easily you allow yourself to be convinced by everyday happenings.

well you dont have to prove something doesnt exist, the fact that there is no proof of existence and/or any logical cases that show possible existence is proof that "god" doesnt exist
in other words i cant see/hear/feel god and i have yet to see a logical case where someone was saved from death or something by an "act of god" lol

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

September 10, 2011 @ 11:12 PM
Axraexl

you know... ive read those scriptures too. i agree with them. jesus was god.

guess what... im god too.

so are you.

and everyone else.

the mistake that people make is thinking that god is a person, and has a mind like a person. thats dumb as fuck. god is not a single entity who sits up in heven stoking his beard while he sends natural disasters to kill off heathens.

god, the way i understand it, is the unseen force that makes everything in the universe work. the order in the chaos. the force that initiated the big bang, the force that initiated life, the force that allowed evolution to bring us to where we are today. kind of a unified theory that scientists like stephen hawking are searching for. we were created in gods image, but our ego creates god in our own image, and that is where humaity fails.

Your being swallowed in by that New Age dogma, bro

II Timothy 3:1-5,7
"But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

September 11, 2011 @ 12:25 AM
A!exander

Bravest ♥♥♥♥♥ in the world up in dis

Lmao forreal
September 11, 2011 @ 01:04 AM
Brooklyn_718

I can't believe people are in here saying you can't prove something isn't there lol. You will NEVER be called upon to prove a negative. To prove that something isn't there. If I hold out an empty hand in front of you, and say there are 5 coins in this hand, and you see that there isn't and disagree, according to what your saying no one is right or wrong.

Any individual that says a god exists makes that assumption on faith, not reason.
September 12, 2011 @ 06:43 AM
CHEEP

Your being swallowed in by that New Age dogma, bro

II Timothy 3:1-5,7
"But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

no. how am i denying the power of god? if anything, the modern christian church is being described by this scripture, because they are the ones who deny the truth of god by the hateful dogma that they follow. jesus said that god is love... and he said to love your neighbor as you love yourself. he didnt say to love your christian neighbor as you love yourself... but christians today show nothing but hate for those who do not follow their beliefs. most christians today are just like the pharisees... they make a great public showing of thier faith, and hold fast to the word of the bible while completely missing the spirit of it.
September 12, 2011 @ 10:43 AM
HigherLearning

The eyeball alone is proof of a higher being...we as humans cannot explain how the eyeball evolved, nor it's complexity...it's the single most magnificent creation.

Think about it cool

SN: The eye...can distinguish among seven million colors. It has automatic focusing and handles an astounding 1.5 million messages -- simultaneously.8 Evolution focuses on mutations and changes from and within existing organisms. Yet evolution alone does not fully explain the initial source of the eye or the brain -- the start of living organisms from nonliving matter.
September 12, 2011 @ 11:58 AM
jtangtwenty3

The eyeball alone is proof of a higher being...we as humans cannot explain how the eyeball evolved, nor it's complexity...it's the single most magnificent creation.

Think about it cool

SN: The eye...can distinguish among seven million colors. It has automatic focusing and handles an astounding 1.5 million messages -- simultaneously.8 Evolution focuses on mutations and changes from and within existing organisms. Yet evolution alone does not fully explain the initial source of the eye or the brain -- the start of living organisms from nonliving matter.

there are theories on how life developed from non living matter but ya i know what you mean. it seems like people dont realize how far fetched some of evolutionary theory is, just because its in a science book they accept it as truth. in my opinion its nearly the same as christians accepting whatever the bible tells them. there are so many things involved with evolution that i have never heard a scientist talk about.
for instance, how did organisms change from being able to reproduce by themselves to now where we need two organisms to come together to recreate? how did it happen and why? it doesnt really make any evolutionary sense, at least to me.

point is, we dont really know much of anything, and yet it doesnt keep us from arguing and insulting each other. religion is based on faith, not fact, and the truth is we dont know nearly as much as we think we do scientifically either.
latest physics theories state that the whole existance of the universe is a product of vibrations of 11 dimensional chords. for all we know, we could just be the music of gods 11 dimensional guitar or some shit lol.
September 12, 2011 @ 01:56 PM
Beach2theBay

Think about it cool

To me the complexity of the eye ball proves there isn't a god. If god was real why wouldn't he just put eyes in our heads and they just work? why do we need nerves and neurons and lenses and all the other things that make the eye work? He/she/it could just use magic to make our eyes work.
September 12, 2011 @ 02:12 PM
PR3TTYnihkee

cool keep living how im living, heaven sounds boring as fuck anyways

But burning in hell for eternity sounds like a fantastic time right?

I believe in a God, I do not believe or follow a religion.

So yes I pray, I thank, I repent, I try my best to be a good person. I rarely lie, I am polite and courteous, I try to not harm other people or animals (including insects and trees). Everytime I have prayed for something, its always worked out.
September 12, 2011 @ 02:32 PM
ᴊᴜᴀɴ

I can't believe people are in here saying you can't prove something isn't there lol. You will NEVER be called upon to prove a negative. To prove that something isn't there. If I hold out an empty hand in front of you, and say there are 5 coins in this hand, and you see that there isn't and disagree, according to what your saying no one is right or wrong.

Any individual that says a god exists makes that assumption on faith, not reason.

Agreed.

I believe in a God, I do not believe or follow a religion.

So yes I pray, I thank, I repent, I try my best to be a good person. I rarely lie, I am polite and courteous, I try to not harm other people or animals (including insects and trees). Everytime I have prayed for something, its always worked out.

In before FLAMES
September 12, 2011 @ 02:39 PM
jtangtwenty3

^lol
September 12, 2011 @ 02:44 PM

Inactive

Think about it cool

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmaker_analogy

like cheep said, "we were made in god's image, but because of our ego, we made him in our image." humans are so self centered and arrogant that we believe that anything intelligent ie a god must take the form of a physical presence that houses a conscious mind. in reality, god is a higher consciousness that is available to all living things.
September 12, 2011 @ 02:46 PM
mmm_nene

i don't believe in god, but i believe in a creator. someone/something that made the universe or whatever is beyond the universe if there is even something greater than the universe. either way, i just live my life. don't wanna worry bout stuff like this.
September 12, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
HigherLearning

bitch, the funny thing is what you just stated is absolutely NOT proof that there is a higher being. all you said is that the eye is magnificent. something being magnificent= god made it? fuck outa here son. if you said god made popeyes chicken then i might have sided with you.

0_o 1) calm the fuck down clown. You have an irrelevant argument that's childish and meritless so stfu...you literally can't explain the human eye...and then you bring popeyes into the argument?? Sit the fuck down...

Secondly the human eye unexplained by science...means there's no current explanation as to how it came to be, operate, or function from an evolutionary standpoint, hence it's a phenomenon within itself...and to question why God didn't make it the way you think the eye "should" have been made doesn't prove God doesn't exist, it means your opinion about what "should have been" is irrelevant...God runs this...you're just a byproduct of his imagination...

if you disagree, cool...no problem because no one can be certain...so to each their own...I'm just contributing an opinion as a biochemist, trained to believe in Darwins evolution theory, yet scientifically being told the eyeball is an exception to the evolution theory...hence something must explain it's origin and inherent capability...and no one can, therefore, faith aside...even as a biochemist I find flaw in the evolution argument, thus strengthening my belief that there is in fact something supernatural responsible for Life and everything encompassed by it.
September 12, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
backson

September 12, 2011 @ 10:34 PM
Axraexl

0_o 1) calm the fuck down clown. You have an irrelevant argument that's childish and meritless so stfu...you literally can't explain the human eye...and then you bring popeyes into the argument?? Sit the fuck down...

Secondly the human eye unexplained by science...means there's no current explanation as to how it came to be, operate, or function from an evolutionary standpoint, hence it's a phenomenon within itself...and to question why God didn't make it the way you think the eye "should" have been made doesn't prove God doesn't exist, it means your opinion about what "should have been" is irrelevant...God runs this...you're just a byproduct of his imagination...

if you disagree, cool...no problem because no one can be certain...so to each their own...I'm just contributing an opinion as a biochemist, trained to believe in Darwins evolution theory, yet scientifically being told the eyeball is an exception to the evolution theory...hence something must explain it's origin and inherent capability...and no one can, therefore, faith aside...even as a biochemist I find flaw in the evolution argument, thus strengthening my belief that there is in fact something supernatural responsible for Life and everything encompassed by it.

Last of a dying breed

September 12, 2011 @ 10:35 PM
sado

September 12, 2011 @ 10:40 PM
sado

September 12, 2011 @ 10:48 PM
HigherLearning

Last of a dying breed

my ♥♥♥♥♥ cool
September 12, 2011 @ 11:11 PM
kiIogram

Evolution of the eye.

1. Light sensitive cells
2. Cup of light sensitive cells (able to determine which direction light is coming from)
3. Constriction of eye opening (focuses light more sharply, beginning of depth perception)
4. Lens (could have been formed by a membrane inflating with liquid, creating rounded transparent layer)

And that's how eyes evolved, over many many years.

I would post a link to an informative video, but I don't have enough posts.

|||||||||||||\|||||||||||||||||I|/

September 12, 2011 @ 11:12 PM
Freddie Benson

..............but god isnt real doe

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

September 12, 2011 @ 11:33 PM
Quezz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SED0Wh1iwQ

I think god is a unknown unknown.
September 12, 2011 @ 11:40 PM
gnar

God Is Not Great, by Christopher Hitchens, has a whole chapter dedicated to this obsession with theists and the eye, and he explains it rather well without insulting them for presenting such a idiotic question.
September 12, 2011 @ 11:46 PM
Pretty Joseph

cool

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqbD-DTObFo

and if you don't believe in religion then what makes you think those who don't believe in god are going to hell?

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

September 12, 2011 @ 11:49 PM
kiIogram

\

Who the hell is telling you there's no scientific explanation for the eyeball? If you're stuck believing that evolution is just "Darwin's Theory", then I really can't believe you're a biochemist.

|||||||||||||\|||||||||||||||||I|/

September 12, 2011 @ 11:56 PM
mmm_nene

darwins evolution has always been shady because of the fact that evolution takes a very very long time to happen. supposedly apes turned into humans in just a few thousand years. this means losing all that monkey hair and becoming very intelligent in just a few thousand years. a few thousand years in evolution time is like overnight. that shit not right. thats why people still trying to find this missing link between humans and apes. get em. this doesn't mean that a divine being was the cause of this though. but its possible that something else happened that wasn't evolution.

i dunno, but its interesting shit to think about sometimes.

Please login first to reply.