depending on my mood, either MGD or vodka straight

damn son, don't let the door hit u in the vagina on the way out
August 28, 2011 @ 11:54 PM
toneg

Jack & Coke
but if I go somewhere that actually has it I get henny & coke
August 29, 2011 @ 01:41 AM
K [X] Z I

12 yr old Macallan neat or one ice cube when it's summer. Sometimes I'll substitute with Black Label or any of the vast ranges of Glen.....
I've been getting scotch & soda lately since it's hot. Usually any brand is good for it.
Vodka martini with stuffed olives.
Effen or Chopin on the rocks (when available). Otherwise it's Goose.
Bordeaux, Australian, Napa and maybe some Italian wines are my favorites. I mostly get blends, but I dig Cabernet Sauvignons the most. Followed by Syrahs and Shirazes.
When I'm at a club and with friends having fun, I'll get an AMF, liquid cocaine, or mojitos (Favorite cocktail). If you can find it, there's a cocktail called a C'est La Vie with Champagne or sparkling wine in it and it's good.
Champagnes are my favorite wines, but you can never order them by the glass.
I can talk about alcohol for days. It's a passion of mine (not so much lately). The only thing I really don't like are beers.
August 29, 2011 @ 01:51 AM
Cboom

^are you a barman?
August 29, 2011 @ 01:52 AM
K [X] Z I

Nope, just an enthusiast.
August 29, 2011 @ 02:11 AM
Cboom

X-post from a previous thread for anyone that cares:

Nice thread.

About 6 months ago I had the great honour and privilage of visiting Hidetsugu Ueno's bar in Ginza. He is in some circles regarded as the finest barman in the world and celebrity and straight up rockstar in the cocktail community. Google him and check him out.

One of his signiture techniques is his famed diamond ice. Now anyone that is serious about their whiskey has been served with an ice sphere but this shit is next level. I had met Ueno-san previously so as a friend he was kind enough to give me a private demonstration of his skills and some of the finest cocktails and whiskey...

...wait for it...

WHAT A NIGHT!

Hand cut ice cubes.

This is Ueno-san's carving knife. It was 15" at one point but this is the result of 12 years of sharpening

Carving the diamond ice.

Diamonf ice in glass. Stunning.

My personal favourite Whiskey. I like my Scotch really peaty so I stick to Islay region.

Her beautiful ice creation

Another delicious Laphroaig w/ ice sphere

Sorry for the photo blog but I thought it would be of interest to any of the aficionados in here. Cocktail, whiskey and bartending culture is a big passion of mine. Anyone else?
August 29, 2011 @ 02:15 AM
jaded

beer

and Cboom shitting all over ronnel

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

August 29, 2011 @ 04:22 AM
Canvas08

At a general bar (not a specialty beer bar or wine bar or cocktail bar or spirit bar) I usually find these at bars in San Diego.

Sculpin India Pale Ale
Stone IPA
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (if its winter)
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
60 Minute IPA
Stone Smoked Porter

At a beer bar I order a beer I have never had before, a wine bar i order wine, whisky bar i order whisky, cocktail bar i generally stick to old fashioneds and gin martinis but occasionally i order something new.
August 29, 2011 @ 02:55 PM
Real_City_Jon

cboom incredible
August 29, 2011 @ 03:03 PM
Iggle

X-post from a previous thread for anyone that cares:

why is whiskey served with an ice sphere? is it just an aesthetics thing? same with the ice diamond

#pedogangweindis

August 29, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
Iggle

Only real ♥♥♥♥♥s know wsup cool

pretty much anything by dogfish head is good. i can't find that 120 min ipa anywhere though

#pedogangweindis

August 29, 2011 @ 03:30 PM
K [X] Z I

why is whiskey served with an ice sphere? is it just an aesthetics thing? same with the ice diamond

It's just for presentation. Most connoisseurs prefer their whiskey's neat which means no ice. When the ice melts and when the drink is cold, whiskey starts to loose its flavor. Some like a few drops of water and they say that the flavors really come out with just a few drops. I like cold drinks, so I usually like a single ice cube in mine, but in the winter, I'll get my whiskey/scotch/scotch whiskey's neat.
August 29, 2011 @ 07:16 PM
5tein

Appreciate the pics CBoom! That ice cube diamond snapped.
I'm about to fuck with that black crown neat. See how that goes. haha if they don't have it, probably just go Crown neat. cool

GIRLS DM ME if you want that PUSSY SUCKED BY LIL B - Lil B

Please login first to reply.