August 18, 2011 @ 12:45 PM
Trollinator

I have Bank of America and I been getting some credit cards offer up to 700bucks

Someone school me on credit cards please and what should I get and look out for?

I don't want to end up in debtsad

that shey crey doe

I want to see the world burn

August 18, 2011 @ 01:07 PM
The-Dream

dont buy alot of shoes
August 18, 2011 @ 01:30 PM
modernmischief

Pay your bill in full two days or so before it's due date,so that it gets reported to credit agencies.
August 18, 2011 @ 01:33 PM
wondashozen

dont get one haha. Especially if youre in college. I'm in such debt from one year of saying oh fuck it just this one time.
August 18, 2011 @ 01:34 PM
Hellah Fresh

You done fucked up. Slavery to debt. Thats how it all started.. i went from $200 to 10G credit limit. I still owe but not as much as other people. Don't Do it!
August 18, 2011 @ 01:38 PM
Blunted at birth.

LOL u finna be a debt slave brah.
August 18, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
yoon

just spend what u already have. i never spend more than what i have on my debit card

www.ronindivision.com

August 18, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
Reikwon

Don't do it

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187218/ FS - S/S12 Supreme Hats! Cheap!

August 18, 2011 @ 01:48 PM
sliicktalk

Unless you actually have a nice paying job and can afford to pay the bills don't bother
August 18, 2011 @ 02:04 PM
kodi andrew

just spend what u already have. i never spend more than what i have on my debit card

This. Use it to build credit, just don't be an idiot.
August 18, 2011 @ 02:36 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Use it to build credit but don't spend it if you don't have it. My advice? Use it for gas. Pay in full every month. Pick something around half of your balance to purchase and make monthly payments on it for about 3-5 months. Then pay in full. You'll get good credit for paying in full. But you'll get better credit for carrying a balance and making payments for a couple months before paying in full. Why? Cuz they know they'll make a bigger profit out of you.

But when you're a college kid, don't spend what you don't have in cash. Never go over 25% of your balance on BS because you never know when you'll REALLY need it (like surprise car repairs. Emergency room bills. Or other random stuff).

If you wanna keep it simple, just use it for gas. Pay in full end of every month. Establish good credit without a problem.
August 18, 2011 @ 02:43 PM
Concept

I just got my first Credit Card couple weeks ago. Don't listen to half of these posters in here, they obviously have no money management skills or they're just dumb.

Read up.
freefrombroke.com/credit-card-benefits/
August 18, 2011 @ 02:54 PM
Swag Prophet

go on the FICO forums they are pretty helpful.

Supreme http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/supreme-bbc-jcrew-burberry-huf-sf-the-hundreds-xl-l/?topic_page=2#post-3250500

August 18, 2011 @ 03:31 PM
originalhype

American Express Zinc Card here.

my advise is pay your bills in full so you can have a good credit score. Don't go over limit. Pay only as much your bank account can pay. Don't be late paying your bills.

Check out my online store: www.selfscale.net SNAP03: Corroded Key Chain Fob $30.00 FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA SHOE01: Portable Shoe B

August 18, 2011 @ 03:43 PM
jaded

Get a card with a reasonable limit that you can afford to pay off at the end of the month even if you max it out. Back when I first got a credit card, I got a student Visa from my bank, and the limit was $500. It was perfect, because even if I maxed it out, I could afford to pay it off at the end of the month. If you start taking the bigger and bigger limits that they offer, you'll fall into deeper and deeper debt. You don't want to be thousands of dollars in debt to a credit company, so be responsible.

Pay it off completely at the end of each month if you can afford to. There is a difference of opinion on whether or not to do this, but the people I know who have the best money management do this, and I do too.

Don't put large purchases on it near the end of the month, because then you'll owe on it a couple days later when the bill shows up. If you have to make a large purchase, wait a few days, and charge it at the start of the next billing cycle.

If it's your first card, you're going to probably have a limit under $1,000 with a crappy interest rate, but there's no way around it. Just be responsible with it. Credit card companies are out to make money, your debt is their gain, so don't fall into that trap. It's EXTREMELY easy to get yourself into major debt with a credit card.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

August 18, 2011 @ 03:49 PM
JCrewkid

I have Bank of America and I been getting some credit cards offer up to 700bucks

Someone school me on credit cards please and what should I get and look out for?

I don't want to end up in debtsad

that shey crey doe

Dramatic ass ♥♥♥♥♥.
August 18, 2011 @ 04:51 PM
CrackPipeLips

i have a visa with 1000 dollar limit.. i currently have about 200 dollars racked up on it. I can afford to pay it off in full, but instead to build credit i pay 2x the minimum payment every month, and then after a couple months just pay it off in full.

its not that hard, just dont use it unless you have money. and dont bring it out to bars n clubs cause then shit will get cray.
August 18, 2011 @ 05:02 PM
Moises Arias

get with that rush card swag

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

August 18, 2011 @ 05:07 PM
whenarichniggawantU

come in credit card thread, suggest a debit card...
August 18, 2011 @ 05:11 PM
chemist.

I got a $3000 limit, but i only use debit (unless i'm shopping online)
fucketh with me, dawg.

http://trillosopher.tumblr.com

August 18, 2011 @ 07:22 PM
SanixSwag

Get yo ass a debit card ♥♥♥♥♥, or soon enough you gone in debt ♥♥♥♥♥.
August 18, 2011 @ 07:26 PM
jaded

and dont bring it out to bars n clubs cause then shit will get cray.

Excellent advice. Start of the night you open a tab thinking "I'm just going to get myself 2 or 3 drinks", few hours later you're closing out your tab and the bartender hands you a $400 bill. Shit gets cray.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

August 19, 2011 @ 12:17 PM
Trollinator

thanks fam

and what happens if i dont pay in full?

what interests rates should i be looking at?

can I cancell anytime??? or how does it work?

I want to see the world burn

August 19, 2011 @ 12:34 PM
yoon

if its ur first time getting a credit card then ur looking at around 9-11% apr

u have minimum balance that u have to pay every month if u use the card and the rest will be charged interest if u dont decide to pay in full

www.ronindivision.com

August 19, 2011 @ 12:58 PM
PlugTunin

At the moment i just have a debit card. If your not really living independently then i would just get a debit card.

This new layout is a disappointment

August 19, 2011 @ 01:05 PM
Redline

Dont listen to these guys. I have never not paid my monthly payment in full, and I have a decent credit history.
August 19, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

i have a visa with 1000 dollar limit.. i currently have about 200 dollars racked up on it. I can afford to pay it off in full, but instead to build credit i pay 2x the minimum payment every month, and then after a couple months just pay it off in full.

its not that hard, just dont use it unless you have money. and dont bring it out to bars n clubs cause then shit will get cray.

You got the right idea.

get with that rush card swag

LOL.

Dont listen to these guys. I have never not paid my monthly payment in full, and I have a decent credit history.

Oh yeah, you're def gonna have a great credit score compared to nigs who don't pay on time. I'm just saying, the people that lenders love are the ones who pay on time, but also carry a balance so that they can rack up that interest profit. Trust me, I was a debt collector and now work in lending. Consistent PIF people are great to have but lenders don't make a ton of money off them because they don't give time for the interest to build up. But the people who carry a balance are preferred.

I'm just giving advice on how to build your credit fast. Your approach as a consumer is the smartest though if you're talking smart money management.
August 19, 2011 @ 06:53 PM
Swag Prophet

thanks fam

and what happens if i dont pay in full?

what interests rates should i be looking at?

can I cancell anytime??? or how does it work?

don't cancel your card that will reflect badly on your credit score. If you don't pay in full, you will accrue interest on your debt. I suggest setting up a plan i.e.

Outstanding balance: 400

minimum is 35.00

pay like 50.00 a month for 4 months on time-->build up your credit and improve your credit score.

Supreme http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/supreme-bbc-jcrew-burberry-huf-sf-the-hundreds-xl-l/?topic_page=2#post-3250500

August 19, 2011 @ 06:57 PM
WOLFdayz

dude i thought i was boss got a credit card , spent over 700 of money i dont have now im in debt like a stupid bitch azz ♥♥♥♥♥♥
August 19, 2011 @ 07:23 PM
ichigo81

And this is how nigs get into debt, pay that ho off every month/ when have money and set a budget for things u want to cop

Please login first to reply.