FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
July 24, 2011 @ 03:21 AM
keo_

blog.anthonykeo.com

July 24, 2011 @ 03:24 AM
tonysteak

rofl it took me so long to decode that

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

July 24, 2011 @ 04:10 AM

Inactive

He'll get 21 years, but he'll be watched over all his life.. I just hope there are some inmates taking care of him in jail, even though he's probably in isolation all day.
July 24, 2011 @ 04:38 AM
hasbeens

I read that too. Not only that, but he gets to be sentenced to a Norwegian prison, which are way more upscale than most. For instance, go google "Halden prison."

"In Norway only 20 per cent of prisoners end up back in jail after release, compared to between 50 and 60 per cent in the UK."
may be upscale, but it works.
July 24, 2011 @ 06:49 AM
mc1842

80:1 k/d ratio

July 24, 2011 @ 09:37 AM
jtangtwenty3

humans in general arent destructive? I guess you haven't taken a world history class

ya, ive taken world history classes. of course there have been destructive people and destructive acts, and still are today. but im talking about humans in general, over many years. your telling me you think that from thousands of years ago to today, you dont think that, in general, things arent better for the average person? the drastic improvements in almost every aspect of life did not come out of nowhere.
yes there are many examples of horrible acts of destruction, but are these committed by the average person? these types of people are called extremists for a reason.
im not at all sayin you should ignore when these things happen, but why do you choose to focus on them when viewing world history? i honestly think that humans are in general much more creative than destructive.
July 24, 2011 @ 09:44 AM
jtangtwenty3

not surprised it's related with religion. many of the crazy murder sprees and wars of this world's history are influenced by religion.razz

ehhh. id say most wars are motivated by money and greed. i think religion is more of a halfassed excuse than actual motivation for these acts. religion is bad though. i mean it even says that in the bible lol. i dont see how anyone could read most of these religous texts and get from it that they need to kill mass amounts of people, they are obviously fucked in the head
July 24, 2011 @ 12:34 PM
Homes

Damn, 21 years? As soon as I read that this happened in Norway I knew the fucker wasn't going to get the punishment he deserved. Give him to the families of the victims and let them do what they want with him.
July 24, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
cypher

yeah the norwegian government works very differently than the american government. its much easier on people for example i have relatives that have basically made a living on unemployment.
July 24, 2011 @ 02:04 PM
gnar

"In Norway only 20 per cent of prisoners end up back in jail after release, compared to between 50 and 60 per cent in the UK."

It sounds like they have an emphasis on rehibiliation rather than just incarceration.
July 24, 2011 @ 02:06 PM
TwiggyDig

It sounds like they have an emphasis on rehibiliation rather than just incarceration.

I'm sure this guy researched the Norwegian prison industry complex before he went through with this and realized he wouldn't be in jail too long.

I'm also assuming death penalty isn't an option in Norway... SMH this guy will never get what he deserves...
July 24, 2011 @ 02:11 PM
gnar

He looks like Julian Assange.
July 24, 2011 @ 02:18 PM
gnar

I'm sure this guy researched the Norwegian prison industry complex before he went through with this and realized he wouldn't be in jail too long.

I'm also assuming death penalty isn't an option in Norway... SMH this guy will never get what he deserves...

Idk about your but 21 years is a long time. Maybe not compared to our prison system, but fuck. I have barely lived over two decades and comparing that to what I have been through, it's a long goddamn time.

I agree that he deserves longer time, but seeing as how this is the worst murder incident since WWII in Norway - and worst in Europe as a whole since 2004 - I don't think anyone expected something this servere. There will probably reform in Norway on massacre's now.
July 24, 2011 @ 02:35 PM
kush1086

i dont see how anyone could read most of these religous texts and get from it that they need to kill mass amounts of people, they are obviously fucked in the head

actually it's not that hard...
July 24, 2011 @ 02:47 PM
TwiggyDig

Idk about your but 21 years is a long time. Maybe not compared to our prison system, but fuck. I have barely lived over two decades and comparing that to what I have been through, it's a long goddamn time.

I agree that he deserves longer time, but seeing as how this is the worst murder incident since WWII in Norway - and worst in Europe as a whole since 2004 - I don't think anyone expected something this servere. There will probably reform in Norway on massacre's now.

lmao of course it's a long time. I'm only 19 and I agree life has been long, yet for murdering almost 100 innocent people, 21 years is nothing compared to what he would get in the US (capitol punishment, which he deserves IMO).
July 24, 2011 @ 02:51 PM
hndlz

what gives you the right to say someone deserves death or not? smfh

ikesaidit.tumblr.com

July 24, 2011 @ 03:20 PM
TwiggyDig

what gives you the right to say someone deserves death or not? smfh

I think someone is deserving of death if they murdered 90 people, all innocent, mostly youths, in a horrific shooting rampage. I believe that he doesn't deserve to coexist with other human beings because he's damaged so many lives for his own, selfish beliefs, and I think the only fair justice to those families would be to remove him from existence.

I understand your opinion, as I used to hold it as well, but over time I've come to believe that certain acts are inexcusable and deserving of death. Just my opinion though, you're entitled to (and I respect) yours.
July 24, 2011 @ 03:27 PM
hndlz

k God.

ikesaidit.tumblr.com

July 24, 2011 @ 03:29 PM
TwiggyDig

Sorry, don't believe in God.

might I add very mature and educated response
July 24, 2011 @ 03:36 PM
jtangtwenty3

actually it's not that hard...

please explain
July 24, 2011 @ 03:46 PM
jtangtwenty3

shouldnt his sentencing have more to do with keeping the public safe than what he deserves as punishment? i mean whether you believe in capital punishment or not, letting this guy out in to the general public again seems ridiculous to me.
if they let him go and he does something like this again...
July 24, 2011 @ 03:49 PM
TwiggyDig

shouldnt his sentencing have more to do with keeping the public safe than what he deserves as punishment? i mean whether you believe in capital punishment or not, letting this guy out in to the general public again seems ridiculous to me.

in this case, definitely, I agree, yes.
July 24, 2011 @ 04:03 PM
Fitch

I wasn't trying to bash the Norwegian prison system or anything. I just think that this particular individual doesn't deserve such luxury. Also, I don't believe this individual is worth the effort of rehabilitation, he will never be "cured."
July 24, 2011 @ 04:26 PM
hndlz

Sorry, don't believe in God.

might I add very mature and educated response

lol thanks =p

but damn 21 years??? it was worth it

ikesaidit.tumblr.com

July 24, 2011 @ 04:30 PM
The Main Event

Agreed, I can't see how anyone in their right mind would consider releasing him back into society as a good idea
July 24, 2011 @ 04:30 PM
Constellations

I think someone is deserving of death if they murdered 90 people, all innocent, mostly youths, in a horrific shooting rampage. I believe that he doesn't deserve to coexist with other human beings because he's damaged so many lives for his own, selfish beliefs, and I think the only fair justice to those families would be to remove him from existence.

I understand your opinion, as I used to hold it as well, but over time I've come to believe that certain acts are inexcusable and deserving of death. Just my opinion though, you're entitled to (and I respect) yours.

\X/

July 25, 2011 @ 11:17 AM
kush1086

ehhh. id say most wars are motivated by money and greed. i think religion is more of a halfassed excuse than actual motivation for these acts. religion is bad though. i mean it even says that in the bible lol. i dont see how anyone could read most of these religous texts and get from it that they need to kill mass amounts of people, they are obviously fucked in the head

Specific beliefs matter, they matter a whole lot. Do you not read the newspaper or watch the news? You obviously don't realize how many killings/atrocities are the direct result of what people believe about god. One example of this would be the UK suicide bombing plot that took place in 2009. The would be suicide bombers were all doctors, one happened to be neurosurgeon. It was not a matter of economics and lack of education that led them to want to commit these crimes. It was their specific beliefs of martyrdom + jihad and their ideas on paradise and 72 virgins that was the encouraging factor for them to want to commit such despicable acts. The deeper problem and I think a far more sinister problem is that it is possible to be well educated, so well educated that you can be a neurosurgeon and still believe that you can get 72 virgins in paradise. This is made possible by the fact that we have allowed the criticism of religious belief to become taboo.
July 25, 2011 @ 12:58 PM
ichigo81

white people be mad these days, because he didn't want muslim immigrants in his countryconfused
July 25, 2011 @ 01:38 PM
Mr.Mittens

Why dont we just drop the whole "death sentence" thing and just start to exile people like in the gold ol' days?

http://twitter.com/CrazyHates

July 25, 2011 @ 03:56 PM
Homes

I seriously think in some cases it would be tempting to just sentence him to whatever the families of the victims collectively decide. If they want to feed this fuck to a pack of dogs, so be it.

Please login first to reply.