July 19, 2011 @ 09:16 PM
$$$$$

I only finished my first year of college and I'm already scared to leave. I don't know what I'm going to do after unless I get a good job right out. Anyone else scared? For the people who already went through college, what's life like after? Does it get better?
July 19, 2011 @ 09:19 PM
Axraexl

Life is pretty much over after college
Its like a movie, the climax has concluded and now your waiting for the ending credits to roll

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

July 19, 2011 @ 09:20 PM
Iggle

college is the best time of your life. enjoy it while you can. not too much though where you slip up and regret not trying harder

#pedogangweindis

July 19, 2011 @ 11:46 PM
bonemarrow

you die

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

July 19, 2011 @ 11:49 PM
northwest

Its like a movie, the climax has concluded and now your waiting for the ending credits to roll

you're 15. how the fuck would you know what life after college is like?
July 19, 2011 @ 11:54 PM
Moneycat

Im wondering that, im a freshman in college at the moment.
July 20, 2011 @ 12:01 AM
jaded

It sucks, stay in school as long as you can. Go right into a master's program if your school will let you.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

July 20, 2011 @ 12:09 AM
Axraexl

you're 15. how the fuck would you know what life after college is like?

Truth hurts, I know

Run away from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, the land of the sinking sand

July 20, 2011 @ 12:33 AM
nogi-drew

College is a great experience get the most out of it!

In my experience at least most people who think life after college sucks are the unemployed unprepared college graduates.

My tip would be dont be one of those people.
July 20, 2011 @ 01:08 AM
jaded

College is a great experience get the most out of it!

In my experience at least most people who think life after college sucks are the unemployed unprepared college graduates.

My tip would be dont be one of those people.

Well considering the unemployment rate for people with at least a bachelor's degree is the highest it has been in 40 years, I don't think that's a fair assessment.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

July 20, 2011 @ 01:42 AM
mrh

if youre going to school for something youre interested in or love doing, then you'll be good
July 20, 2011 @ 01:58 AM
scfdefinit

A lot of my friends who graduated are working odd jobs at the moment and are hoping to land a career. For those who have a career, I never see them that much anymore because they're so busy working. I mean, I still hang out with them every now and then, just not as frequently. Fast forward a little bit, I have an older brother who's in his 30s and he's settled down with two kids, he's pretty much like my parents.

Long story short: you become a working person and later on possibly a family man.
July 20, 2011 @ 02:30 AM
Scotty

I only finished my first year of college and I'm already scared to leave. I don't know what I'm going to do after unless I get a good job right out. Anyone else scared? For the people who already went through college, what's life like after? Does it get better?

WTF you scared about? Not much changes really unless u are one of those people who think u gotta do everything a certain way.. Like those people who have a timeline for there life.. They think u graduate college, get a career Job, marry your girlfriend from college and have kids by 25.. I mean if u wanna live that boring ass life by all means go ahead.. But u shouldn't be scared, just live your life how ever u want to live it after college.. Times have changed, people have finally realized being in your 20's is still young and you still can be young just might have alittle more responsibilities.. Other than that just be you, live how u wanna live and be happy...
July 20, 2011 @ 04:23 AM
Blacklikeakon

College is just like high school if you prepare for life after it will be good but if you don't then you will miss college. You become more focused on getting your money right and trying to get the lifestyle you want no more parents taking care of you.
July 20, 2011 @ 08:06 AM
Stilo

Idk, I'm going into my senior year of college this year though. I'm think I'm going to try the work during the day/work towards my masters at night route. I can't see life after college sucking though unless you make it so, I mean if you're socially awkward or something. If you're one of those people who thinks that your chances of getting laid will decrease tenfold now that there aren't a million slutty drunk girls with no responsibilities running around. But what could be bad about working and making your own money? Owning your own spot? Fuck that I'm excited to leave and move on with my life.
July 20, 2011 @ 08:34 AM
karakter1

college was stupid fun, but post college is sooo much better. I love waking up without the anxiety of having to do some fkcing paper, or study for a test or some shit. Got a great job, travel, relax, no stress....beautiful!
July 20, 2011 @ 10:09 AM
karakter1

enjoy college while you still can but do that while you concentrate on your studies. you dont want to finish college with regrets. college is the plan to be comfortable, make friends, build something of yourself. I'd say maintain a good gpa and socialize with as much people as possible (its easy to make conversation in college and they can help you find jobs/internship etc with the right network). With limited jobs opportunities now, it is crucial you set yourself apart from the norm. After college, you wont meet much people so take the last 3 year of college as a grain of salt and build yourself. you have no idea how many people worry and bicker about their low GPa. they got no one to blame but themselves.

Why not?.....i still meet plenty of peeps...actually have the resources to do alot more now that im working. Still hang out, travel more, no stress of college work and deadlines...

Why would you stop meeting people all of a sudden once you leave college?

If anything, you meet more people to network with at actual jobs, or places that people with actual jobs hang out at...not at college with people looking for jobs.
July 20, 2011 @ 10:14 AM
trevxv3

Why not?.....i still meet plenty of peeps...actually have the resources to do alot more now that im working. Still hang out, travel more, no stress of college work and deadlines...

Why would you stop meeting people all of a sudden once you leave college?

Well with your job it seems like there is a lot of interaction, meeting people and travelling. There are many more job that are the opposite, where you may work with people who you have no common interests and they are just "co-workers". It's like that at my intenship right now, there are some students my age who work in other departments, and although I have "met" them, they aren't the sort of people I would chill with after work.

edit: Im assuming that there are more jobs available where there is less human connection than those jobs where you do meet new people. I guess it really depends on your situation, you just happen to be lucky to have a job that you enjoy. nohate either

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

July 20, 2011 @ 03:59 PM
Phil Jackson

derp much?
July 20, 2011 @ 04:09 PM
RA*SAN

Just make sure you go to college for something you want to do for the rest of your life. You should love your career. Anything else would be suffering. Also, you gotta be smart about the moves you make in life...one example is don't settle down or have a kid before your where you want to be in life.

I hated college when I was going just to realize I was paying for classes that I already took in high school to start off and the main purpose was to graduate with a degree that would help me get a good paying job. That got me nowhere so now im back to square one attending a recording arts school because music is something I love to do. I know have a better chance of being successful at it and I can actually enjoy what i'm doing.
July 20, 2011 @ 04:14 PM
KP$

You'll be over "the best times of your life" bullshit by the time you graduate (if you're smart).
Its four years of getting shitfaced and having very little responsibility, but if that's your be all end all, then you're lazy and uninspired.

By the time you're 22 you'll be over it, and ready for the next phase of life, getting money and doing you.
July 20, 2011 @ 04:19 PM
Pretty Joseph

you move back home until you can find a job
get your own apartment
date on and off till you find a girl to marry
find a house in the suburbs
bury yourself with a mortgage
have 3 kids you grow to resent
eventually divorce your wife
contemplate taking your life
have a midlife crisis
buy a harley
return the harley
get gym membership
never go to gym
find second wife
and live the rest of your life full of "what ifs"

feels bad man

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

November 30, 2011 @ 09:41 AM
princesmooth

get your own apartment
have a midlife crisis
buy a harley
return the harley
get gym membership
never go to gym
find second wife

feels bad man

HAHAHA BUMP JUST FOR THIS POST
November 30, 2011 @ 11:51 AM
Constellations

get your own apartment
have a midlife crisis
buy a harley
return the harley
get gym membership
never go to gym
find second wife

feels bad man

\X/

November 30, 2011 @ 12:21 PM
waitwut

get your own apartment
have a midlife crisis
buy a harley
return the harley
get gym membership
never go to gym
find second wife

feels bad man

LOL god dam this dude went in
im only 17 and my life sounds like its going to be like this already fuuuuuuuuuuu
November 30, 2011 @ 05:43 PM
TwiggyDig

get your own apartment
have a midlife crisis
buy a harley
return the harley
get gym membership
never go to gym
find second wife

feels bad man

November 30, 2011 @ 06:02 PM
Brian@ONLY

get your own apartment
have a midlife crisis
buy a harley
return the harley
get gym membership
never go to gym
find second wife

feels bad man

you miss these parts:
starting career and learning good skillsets
applying them to small business where you own equity
stack paper from multiple revenue streams
travel to mykonos and ibiza annually where you wake up with random women
vacation all over the world where you invest in top end photography equipment
own a dope apartment in a major metropolitan city
purchase nice cars to compliment your dope apartment
career blossoms as you take up VP/SVP/CEO Positions
You're single, you've worked hard for your money, and you can pick which one you want to marry

you skipped all vital parts of growing into your own man, isolated views on society much i bet your from the a small town in the midwest?
November 30, 2011 @ 06:19 PM
Soul Rize

get your own apartment
have a midlife crisis
buy a harley
return the harley
get gym membership
never go to gym
find second wife

feels bad man

you miss these parts:
starting career and learning good skillsets
applying them to small business where you own equity
stack paper from multiple revenue streams
travel to mykonos and ibiza annually where you wake up with random women
vacation all over the world where you invest in top end photography equipment
own a dope apartment in a major metropolitan city
purchase nice cars to compliment your dope apartment
career blossoms as you take up VP/SVP/CEO Positions
You're single, you've worked hard for your money, and you can pick which one you want to marry

you skipped all vital parts of growing into your own man, isolated views on society much i bet your from the a small town in the midwest?

Dang that is the true life i want to live...

Cmon get down with a real nigga wussup

November 30, 2011 @ 06:28 PM
Brian@ONLY

want to and actually do are 2 separate things, make your own life be your own man keep the hustle keep the grind there will always be ups and downs but if you have one vision of what life is like "after college" then you haven't lived in this world long enough to know that shit changes and shit will change without you if you don't change yourself. aspire, grow, and let live.
November 30, 2011 @ 06:55 PM
appleyard

i feel the exact opposite, i'm ready to leave college and live my fucking life already. so sick of countless hours stuck in a college town, just ready to get this god damn degree and leave (only one year left).

Please login first to reply.