Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 21, 2011 @ 06:43 PM
exhale

So about 2 weeks ago my dad brought over from Iran a women he met there, his fiance. The first week I was getting to know her and things weren't bad but slowly my opinions and thoughts on the situation have changed and I do not like what is happening. She has taken the simple life me and my dad had and just totally changed everything. There are things everywhere in the house, shit is like organized to the extreme, its just so crowded and overwhelming...I hate it. Some may say its nice to have all this and have a woman (or man, doesn't matter) keeping your home clean and having food cooked, but I had a decent house and food before she was here and it was just me and my dad and all she has done was remove the comfort I had of being in my home.

For the past 10 years or so I have lived in this house I always took a shower in the master bedroom. Now my dad says that I can not just walk in at 9 in the morning to take a shower in there because she is sleeping in there. NO! I will walk into that room and shower whenever I want. Now and another 10 years from now. I do not care who is sleeping in there. I will not change the way I have been doing things because some FOB woman is uncomfortable. I don't care if she is sleeping, naked, changing. I have no qualms about anything. I'm relaxed as fuck and this is BS. I will not change myself because she can't deal with how I am.

I should not have to change myself for her. I am being straight up about all the events and not biased towards myself. If you guys think I am wrong then call me out, but honestly I feel like I am the one being treated unfairly. There are tons more things I can write about but it would make the post longer than it already is and most won't even read this.

I miss coming home and eating dinner with my dad in front of the TV and talking about how terrible humanity is with him. I miss just it being me and my dad. And now I can't eat dinner with him in front of the TV because there is another person there and it just isn't the same. I know I can't make her just disappear so it can just be my and dad, but I can't adjust to it and I am not comfortable with it.

TL;DR: My dad brought his fiance from Iran to our home. Things have changed. I am being forced to change my old habits to accustom to the new changes. I do not want to change, nor do I believe I should have to change. Am I right or wrong?
June 21, 2011 @ 06:46 PM
basspro

call the FBI she's clearly Taliban
June 21, 2011 @ 06:49 PM
500sd

i feel you man, my mom and i just moved into a house with our uncle (not kinky ydig) shit just isn't the same anymore. not the same homey vibes..but you just gotta do you and forget about whats limiting yourself from happiness. if you have a negative outlook on things then shits gonna be negative, and potentially vice versa.
June 21, 2011 @ 06:49 PM

Inactive

but real talk omid, you have to think of this from your dad's perspective. he's probably happy as fuck that he has a woman in his life. just sit down and talk with them. it's not good to keep all this negativity in you, especially when the solution is literally in the same house. talk it out brah. compromise. i seriously doubt she's actually trying to disrupt this equillibrium in your household. i'm sure she'll understand.
June 21, 2011 @ 06:50 PM
▓▓▓

fuck her, make her your fiance, and tell YOUR dad to change
June 21, 2011 @ 06:54 PM
deadpooL

you have two options:

1. move out
2. force your father to implement the "bros before hos" rule.
June 21, 2011 @ 06:55 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Yo, i def. don't believe in this.

She's not your mother.
Great, she makes your dad happy.

But what right does she have over you?

She didnt bring you into this world so she cant take you out.
June 21, 2011 @ 06:59 PM
Shoemonsters

Real talk I see where you're coming from but look it from your dad's perspective. He's happy and you should not jeopardize this new found happiness because of your own selfishness. I am not saying you're wrong but taking a shower in the other bathroom is not that big a deal. Just sayin'
June 21, 2011 @ 07:03 PM
Hypebeasted

Real talk I see where you're coming from but look it from your dad's perspective. He's happy and you should not jeopardize this new found happiness because of your own selfishness. I am not saying you're wrong but taking a shower in the other bathroom is not that big a deal. Just sayin'

^^ If you really care about your dad changing for a little bit shoudnt be a problem, If things get worse confront him about it but now give her a chance and you might even like her
June 21, 2011 @ 07:05 PM
exhale

Moops- I talked to my dad about this today. I tell him all my feelings and he is saying I am wrong and need to change. I don't keep it in. I am always honest with him.

And it's not necessarily taking a shower in the other bathroom that is the big deal, even though I have probably used it twice in my whole life in the house, but the fact that I HAVE to use the other shower.

I want my dad to be happy, but like I said we talked and he isn't happy with much of the things either but he is dealing with it. He said he missed the simplicity we had too. He is just acclimating and changing easier and more than I am.

deadpool is right. I mean moving out is the only option. I do not want her to leave my dad because I have my own unresolvable issues within the home. I will be trying to figure out where to move...when September ends. I have to be in GA until then because of probation.

And even more so, you says "bros before hoes." More like, "your son before woman who just moved in two weeks ago."
June 21, 2011 @ 07:08 PM
Hypebeasted

Does her personality bother you? or does the fact that things changed bothers you?
June 21, 2011 @ 07:36 PM
Ape

If he pays the bills, then you can't really do shit.

Sucks but really your only options are move out or get used to it.

http://WORLDWIDEwavy.tumblr.com/

June 21, 2011 @ 07:39 PM
Tommy Boy

you'll get used to it
June 21, 2011 @ 07:45 PM
jtangtwenty3

how old are you?
June 21, 2011 @ 07:47 PM
╒rozzy

Sounds like you had a really good relationship with your father and that's great but maybe you should feel happy for him.
Try your best to appreciate what life throws at you, if not, you can think about moving out but make sure things don't go overboard.

Make sure you have a talk with her and let her know how you truly feel about the situation.

June 21, 2011 @ 08:01 PM
sado

its only been 2 weeks. you'll come around
June 21, 2011 @ 08:11 PM
Nigga Man

Change is difficult I understand but did you expect life to be the same for ever? It is now time to grow up.
June 21, 2011 @ 10:48 PM
exhale

Does her personality bother you? or does the fact that things changed bothers you?

The fact that things changed. It is not her. She is a nice lady totally. It could by anyone, it's not her specifically that bothers me.

I realize that I am mostly the problem in the situation. It is my unwillingness to adjust a bit I guess, but I also like I said, feel like I am being forced to change my normal ways of acting to accommodate the new situation. It's like a huge culture clash because she has these fobby ways of doing things that make absolutely no sense and make me pissed off a little.

And my dad is not the type of person to be like I pay the bills I do this so you have to listen to me. Me and him have a very casual friendship. We knock back brews and play backgammon together. He is my homie, and I feel like I am losing that. I know that I am not being replaced by her, my father loves me more than anything in this world, but I do feel like I do not get the quality time with him like I used to.

I am happy for my father. I just don't know. Every time I think about being in the same room with her I just get disgusted and want to avoid the situation at all costs.
June 21, 2011 @ 10:57 PM
mrfunnni

Honestly man it just sounds like you're bein a little bitch.
Let me just start by saying its difficult as fuck to find love in this world, and to find it as a single father is even more challenging then finding a woman when your broke.
From my standpoint you should just be happy 1) to have a father, 2) that hes found someone. Your father obviously wasn't satisfied with the way the last decade played out so he wants change.
Now the question is if your really do love your father, you'll trust him and let him make his own choices as a man, and in return he'll respect yours as his son.
Why are you willing to risk your relationship with your father because you can't drop a stink bomb in his toilet at 9am? In all honesty bro thats his room, his throne. If you were in his position you would only hope the son you love and care so much about is maybe half as understanding about your situation and you wanting privacy for your marriage.
Just because shes moving in doesnt mean you and your father wont be close anymore. sure you wont have as many opportunities to chill and kick-it with your dad. But you'll get to see him just as happy if not more.
Trust your dad man, Im sure he misses just kick'n with you too. But life isn't meant to be like this forever, you need to move forward despite how you feel.

haha fag

June 21, 2011 @ 11:01 PM
exhale

My dad hasn't gone and found the love of his life lmao. He just found someone to maybe to be with and have there when he grows old. He didn't go to Iran and just fall in love lol. It's like they both like each other some and both are single and it is an opportunity for them both to have someone.

It's hard for yall to understand I lot of what I mean because you do not understand the culture I am in as well.

His room, his throne? I was raised in an open household. Everything was everyones. There was no, "This is my videogame, not my brothers." If it was in the house it belonged to everyone. Sharing is caring.
June 21, 2011 @ 11:06 PM
Rxmeo ;)

I miss coming home and eating dinner with my dad in front of the TV and talking about how terrible humanity is with him. I miss just it being me and my dad. And now I can't eat dinner with him in front of the TV because there is another person there and it just isn't the same. I know I can't make her just disappear so it can just be my and dad, but I can't adjust to it and I am not comfortable with it.

This is the only important part homie. You should really say this to ur dad you guys can definitely work something out. Just understand that he is trying to find happiness too.
June 21, 2011 @ 11:09 PM
spitvicious

damn i came in here ready to say "cool story bro" but that really sucks fam
June 21, 2011 @ 11:10 PM
mrfunnni

My dad hasn't gone and found the love of his life lmao. He just found someone to maybe to be with and have there when he grows old. He didn't go to Iran and just fall in love lol. It's like they both like each other some and both are single and it is an opportunity for them both to have someone.

It's hard for yall to understand I lot of what I mean because you do not understand the culture I am in as well.

His room, his throne? I was raised in an open household. Everything was everyones. There was no, "This is my videogame, not my brothers." If it was in the house it belonged to everyone. Sharing is caring.

You wana continue being a faggot or are you going to take my advice. Because im taking time out of my motherfucking day to try to help YOUR fucking problem,Don't give me that little bitch ass 7th grade BAMF tone with me.

Im telling you that as a son, you should respect your fathers marriage. No matter if you hate it or love it.

You either make peace with it and change for your father, who probably has made changes in his life for you, thats the best thing you can do. Because your father obviously wants her around, Would you rather have him alone when your off and married, or deal with it for a few years for your fathers sake.

haha fag

June 21, 2011 @ 11:11 PM
Bonkers

To be honest mrfunni was mostly right...

Listen your general annoyance isn't "wrong" per say, but it's very selfish especially when put into perspective with your individual qualms. Honestly, if anyone moves into a house things are going to change. I understand why most people would be upset by this, but you're problem is that you have to use a specific bathroom and find a new friend? Obviously your father wanted some companionship and he found it in a woman, you should respect that and fall back. I don't know how old you are, but you should be hanging with your boys or meeting a companion of your own.

I guess you have to just take it in stride, it's only been two weeks. In the grand scheme of things you won't be around for too much longer anyway, so just deal with it. When you're gone, she'll be all he has.
June 21, 2011 @ 11:15 PM
Constellations

i went through the exact same shit when my parents got divorced and my dad found another woman. shit was so hard to get used to, i was like 10 at the time though. she also had 2 kids younger than me and that made it even harder. EVERYTHING changed.

but you cant let your petty shit get in the way of your dads happiness. You just gotta get over it. dealing with change is always hard.

im not usually big on self help books but i remember this book helping me

\X/

June 21, 2011 @ 11:35 PM
exhale

You wana continue being a faggot or are you going to take my advice. Because im taking time out of my motherfucking day to try to help YOUR fucking problem,Don't give me that little bitch ass 7th grade BAMF tone with me.

Im telling you that as a son, you should respect your fathers marriage. No matter if you hate it or love it.

You either make peace with it and change for your father, who probably has made changes in his life for you, thats the best thing you can do. Because your father obviously wants her around, Would you rather have him alone when your off and married, or deal with it for a few years for your fathers sake.

First off he is not married. I do respect her and him.

It's not just about the bathroom. That was just the one example that he kept bringing up so I wrote that here. That is like the least of the problems. I am having problems adjusting and so is she. Both need to figure a way around this to make things easier. I just am having extreme problems getting along with her for some reason.
June 22, 2011 @ 04:03 AM
Saro

She didnt bring you into this world so she cant take you out.

If she has an AK-47, that's a different story.
June 22, 2011 @ 12:46 PM
legitskii

The only consistent thing in life is inconsistency. Change happens my du and you either adapt and go with it or get lost trying to hold on to the past.
June 22, 2011 @ 01:26 PM
exhale

eh. she came and talked to me today. i guess it was nice. its really my own reluctance to change and i am seeing that more now that i have written out how i feel and been thinking. i guess it will just take getting used to. either way living back at home sucks. but its free.
June 22, 2011 @ 10:50 PM
dylan fisher

Time for you to find a bitch and move out than.

Easy mang...

Please login first to reply.